All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
9930 North Whitaker Rd., Portland, OR, 97217, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Great location and clean"
Our stay was nice. The only drawback was the change in having 2 queens. At check in, I confirmed that the hotel was pet friendly, only to find out that only certain rooms were pet friendly. We had to have a couch/sleeper as one of our queens if we wanted to have our dog with us. It worked out, but 2 regular queens would have been more comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
JD
Good breakfast, but the small breakfast room was very crowded. The air conditioner was very loud.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Affordable and clean"
It exceeded expectations of friendliness of staff, cleanliness, and breakfast options based on price. Would stay again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
A little hard to find, but worth the effort, very comfortable, clean, would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"One word: Clutch."
We had a great experience with the staff at the hotel. Hotel staff were very helpful to us throughout our stay. If you are looking to explore downtown Portland, this isn't a convenient location, but due to our particular travel circumstances it made sense for us to grab a room at a place in the northern outskirts of the city. The shuttle service provided was excellent, as we did not have a vehicle of our own. The staff arranged for us to get dropped off and picked up at a nearby restaurant, as well as providing us with a shuttle to the airport where we were picking up a rental car the next day. Check-in process was efficient. We had 5 ppl in our group, and the staff quickly accommodated us with an extra roll-away bed and set of towels when we arrived. All in all, if you have reason to stay out that way, the Days Inn came through with everything that was needed.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2013
"Near industrial area"
Not close by the airport. Nothing is nearby! Wasn't too happy that they didn't have an ironing board in the room. The rooms are older. Bed was springy.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2013
"Hotel in no good shape"
The hotel is close the highway then is easy to get, but is old, the room smell a little and the mattress are no good.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
CGC
"Good basic accommodations"
I drove my mom up to Portland to spend a few days with my brother. Portland is a beautiful city with a lot to do and great food around every corner. In such a city, one doesn't need a fancy place to stay. The Days Inn is easy to get to. The desk staff was as friendly and helpful as any I'd ever interacted with. If I have any complaint, it is that our room smelled strongly of mildew. The bathroom appeared clean, and aside from a few carpet stains (both in our room and in the hallways), the only apparent issue was the smell. While the odor was strong, it was not all that offensive - in that a few minutes in the room was all I needed to lose sensitivity to it. The beds were comfortable, and the space was easy enough to use. The continental breakfast was those in any Days Inn - lots of basic options (eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, etc). Not gourmet by any stretch, so we had it just once and opted for some of the PDX' better offerings in town while there.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Josh
"portland internation raceway"
It was so close to the raceway and freeway and very clean. Thank you!!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Definitely recommend"
Clean, comfortable room, nice breakfast, friendly and accomodating staff. Minutes from the Expo Center and easy access to the freeway to get to the downtown area.
4 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Comfortable Portland hotel."
We were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The rooms had been modestly updated and were more comfortable and quiet than we expected being that it was so close to the freeway. The breakfast was quite large and very good quality. Staff were very helpful.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Cindy
"water damage and stuffy hall."
Bathroom was gross and our room had a lot of water damage on the ceiling. The bathroom door looked all chewed up at the bottom
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable."
Clean room, comfortable bed, staff courteous and helpful. Complimentary breakfast not inspiring, but the coffee was good and there were choices of cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, english muffins. For the price, getting breakfast at all is great.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Angela
Great staff,great breakfast. Will definitley stay there again! I highly recommend!
3 night trip May 22, 2013
"great customer service"
The hotel was good if you have a car to go somewhere to eat and all you are doing is sleeping there. Only a couple restaurants nearby, nothing that stood out as super good and nothing healthy. I was there for the Portland RnR 1/2 marathon and the hotel management decided to offer a drop off and pickup shuttle to the start & finish line - super awesome! The only real downside to this hotel was the lack of soundproofing between floors. When the people came in upstairs at midnight i could clearly hear their convictions and stomping around.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
bekkijo
"Great convenient place"
The room was very comfortable, although there was a bit of a musty smell. I've experienced this before, which is why I always immediately turn on the A/C - ventilation machine when I check into a room. The continental breakfast is among the best I've ever had, including eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, as well as the usual pastries and cereal. This made any thought of breakfast unnecessary. That alone puts this place ahead of the others. Near to MAX line and convenient to downtown Portland.
3 night trip Mar 22, 2013
MJF
"Days Inn - Portland"
The hotel was acceptable but the reason we chose this hotel was because of the availability of a fitness room. The treadmill and an eliptical were out of order, so the room was of no use to us. We stayed there over Thansgiving and visited friends. While its nice that they gave their employees the day off, no one told us that we would not have maid service - so that was also annoying. Although the hotel is close to the freeway, the room was very quiet.
3 night trip Nov 21, 2012
"Close to Expo center"
Very clean, quiet, and nice
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2012
Cliff
"Good place."
The hotel was clean and had a comfortable room, the staff was nice.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
"location is awesome, near portland raceway, has mi"
location is awesome, near portland raceway, has minimart, gas station, elmer's restaurant, great lattes at the coffee stand down the street, quiet rooms overlooking soccer fields.
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
bob
"Recent trip for conference"
Although the hotel is older and has some minor maintenance issues, the staff was very helpful and accomodating. The hotel is also conveniently located near a MAX line. This makes local transportation very easy to the Oregon Convention Center.
3 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Recent Traveller
"Comfortable hotel in convenient location"
I'd stay there again
1 night trip Sep 28, 2012
SG
"Just what we needed"
Were stopping in Portland for a performance before heading cross-country. Needed a place to stay near our venue; the Days Inn was only about a mile away. Front desk clerks were nice, room was clean and of a decent size. Nothing fancy, but perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. My only complaints are that it was a little hard to find and that breakfast is only served until 9:30 (it being a Sunday, later breakfast would've been nice; as it was we ended up eating at the Elmer's across the parking lot).
1 night trip Sep 22, 2012
LAH
"Great location for my needs"
It was just what I needed, a good value and a clean room with the extras that made it work well. A refrig, microwave and WiFi.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2012
"Typical off the freeway motel"
Lobby and hallways smell of cigarette smoke. Luckily, the room did not smell. Noisy, through the wall air conditioner. Room was clean, but very dated. Bathroom was clean and stocked. Water was hot. Breakfast bar was satisfactory: fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, eggs, sausage gravy and bisquits, coffee, tea. Easy freeway access.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2012
"Convenient hotel for travellers"
A good value, better than I expected for the money. Very convenient to the freeways, but quiet location. Breakfast was OK - need more healthy options. We wanted to get going early the next morning and this was perfect for that.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"close to business destination"
Loved the breakfast buffet. Excellent food and beverage choices. Very quiet night considering how close to the Interstate the Inn is. No worries about the cleanliness of the room. Have stayed at this particular Days Inn several times and never disappointed. Other hotels could learn from this one, including other Days Inns.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2012
You walk in to the lobby and it looks beautiful. Then you get to your room and it's not. The beds were kind of uncomfortable; our floor smelled funny; the sheets were really low thread count so they were itchy. It wasn't dirty, it was just very old & needs some refurbishing so it looked dirty. Our last day there, my husband was showering & the water turned scalding hot. The continental breakfast was ok, nothing to really rave about. But the staff was nice :)
3 night family trip Sep 1, 2012
"Two negatives"
The alarm/radio in the room next door went off at 4.30 in the morning and was playing very loud rap and the hotel clerk refused to enter the the empty room to turn it off, stating that she could not leave the front desk. We had to wait for over an hour until the driver arrived to enter the room. This happened twice. The other negative was the horrendous deodorizer used. After leaving the window open for a couple of hours the smell went away. We left the windows open for the entire time to manage the smells but there was considerable traffic noise from the highway. One could not hear the tv with the windows open. The room was clean.
6 night trip Aug 21, 2012
Mj

"Good value for money"
Ok for a quick stay in Portland. Convenient location for PDX airport. Hotel is being renovated, which is necessary. Included breakfast is surprisingly good (given the fact that it's free).
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Paulo
The staff are very helpfull. I would love yo comeback again. Breakfast is good. We can choose different varieties.
Response by Days Inn Portland
Thank you Gloria, we hope to see you again on your next visit to Portland.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Gloria
"Recommendable"
The hotel is being renovated right now but the place is nice and I'm sure once the work is done it will be much nicer to stay. Breakfast is great. Staff were nice.
Response by Days Inn Portland
Thank you for taking the time to review our location, We are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast we do take pride in our breakfast room. Wait until the renovation is complete and we have a new improved breakfast room. Thanks again and safe travels to you.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Freya
"Renovations underway"
The hotel is in the process of renovating so it was kind of a mess and there was so much noise from the renovations we had to leave our room. Otherwise i believe it would have been a decent place to stay
Response by Days Inn Portland
We are so sorry the renovation disturbed you during your stay. We are making every effort to keep our guests insulated from the renovations. Thank you so much for your business and the review. We hope you had a great visit to Portland.
2 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"Nice breakfast"
the inn is doing the renovation, so there is no bad and good to say, but breakfast was nice and it is really convenient to shop at Walmart.
Response by Days Inn Portland
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for staying with us.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"basic"
We were there for a sporting event, so it was fine as a basic place to stay.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Corinne
"No Shuttle, More Problems"
My girlfriend and I picked this hotel cause they advertised a 24-hour airport shuttle, but that's simply not true. I had a 7am flight and had to take a cab, which cost me $50!! (not to mention the fact that the staff forget to order a cab for me after I requested it). My girlfriend's flight was at 9:30am and she barely got there on time after they cancelled her 7:30 shuttle. She spoke to the shuttle driver and apparently they only shuttle from 8am-3pm on weekdays. They apparently recently laid off a bunch of people and can't afford to do a 24 hour shuttle anyway. They simply hadn't bothered to change the website. Not to mention we found a giant spider in the bathroom one night and the bed was average at best.
3 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Kyle
"Totally satisfied"
When I first arrived at the Portland Days Inn, I was suspect about the location. It seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. I soon found out, however, that the location was not bad at all. It was a short (5 minute) walk to the yellow line MAX station, and from there I could get anywhere I wanted to go with no problem. Despite being a little worn and having an old console-style TV that seemed almost identical to an old Zenith I had back in 1988, I was completely satisfied with the room, which was large, comfy, and clean. The slightly worn aspect of the place might soon be taken care of - in the lobby, there were signs announcing impending renovations. The employees at the front desk were also very kind and helpful. I really appreciated the self-serve Seatle's Best coffee available in the lobby 24 hours, and the breakfast was just perfect for me. They had eggs, bacon and the like for those that want a hearty breakfast, but for those like me that prefer something just a bit lighter, they also had a good assortment of yoghurt and bagels. Topping off my stay was the complementary ride to the airport, which I hadn't been expecting, so it was a nice surprise. If I'm ever in Portland again, I'll definitely return to this hotel.
5 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
SG
"Close to Expo Center"
Good room as one would expect. Fridge and micro and coffee in room, really good, Very nice free breakfast and 24 hour coffee. Best of all FREE shuttle to AND FROM Expo center. Saves $8 per day in parking. Adjacent to mini market and Elmers restaurant walking distance to other resturants. About 4 blocks to max stop.
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
mike
"overall good stay"
The only problem was sunday night I called the hotel for a ride from the expo back to the hotel and was told 10 minutes. I waited 15 then called back asked for an eta she said another 20 to 25 minutes. I called back after 25 minutes and the lady says another 10 minutes. I asked her to call her driver because I wanted to know what was going on as I was standing in the rain with art and did not want it ruined. She was rude and said hold on then the driver pulled up. I was shocked when I got back to the hotel to see the girls decorating the tree and I felt whom ever answered my calls was just pulling a time out of her head and not checking. That was rude of her but other than that the stay was fine
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Kristi
"Nothing Fancy and Cheap!"
Hallway carpet smells. Room was reasonably comfy and clean. Good service, breakfast was not bad neither. Perfect if you are out all day and just need a place to crash.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Very good value for your money"
The hotel was more than I expected for what i paid
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Quick overnight stay"
Close to the MAX rapid transit Basic accommodation
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Great location. Just short drive with no traffic to Portland Expo Centre. Very clean rooms, plenty of parking. Great restaurant next door.
4 night trip Jul 24, 2013
Good value for money. Their staff are friendly and the breakfast is quite substantial compared to other similar places. Close enough to the city center by car.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
Winston
"Recommendable"
Good hotel accommodation and nice staff except housecleaning staff, I noticed they're little bit serious. All want to see is smile.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Amado
"Good bang for the buck"
convinently located, highway near by, clean and with free breakfast! although is from 6-9:30am buffet, check out at noon.
3 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2013
"Good stay!"
Good Option for families... Hotel in very acceptable condition....Clean rooms...very kind staff - specially cleaning ladies and gentleman at the breakfast nook. Excellent Breakfast and would definitely recommend this to families or couples...anyone really!
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"Better than I thought it was going to be"
This was a "booking in desperation" decision based on deciding at the last minute to attend a huge trade show at the Portland Convention Centre. Hotels.com did a good job in finding me a room in a very tight market when my first choice, on line, was sold out when I tried to reserve. The Days Inn was conveniently located a short drive from the venue, clean and all staff were very courteous. The fridge and a/c in my room were noisy, so I unplugged the fridge at night and fortunately, it wasn't warm enough to really require a/c. Would I recommend this hotel to others? Yes, I would. I was pleasantly surprized.
2 night trip May 16, 2013
Dawn
It was nice and clean. Staff was friendly and the free breakfast in the morning was a definite plus. This our second time and we will be coming back.
3 night trip Mar 28, 2013
the room was clean except the aircon is noisy.Overall good value for your money
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2013