All hotels in Whippany, New Jersey, United States of America
157 Route 10 East, Whippany, NJ, 07981, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

Good internet service
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
Nice place to stay if you're traveling through the NY/NJ area. Great staff, clean room ~ nice Bistro in lobby.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
RJB
"Might stay here again"
In general, the hotel is nice, but do not like the neighborhood very much.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
"Nice surroundings!"
We loved being able to sit out on our little balcony and let in the fresh air!
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
The toilettes were really dirty and not cleaned at all
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your feedback we truly appreciate it. We are terribly sorry about the bathroom issue you experienced during you stay with us. We understand how frustrating situations like this can be. I wanted to assure you that we have spoken to the housekeeper that fell short of our cleanliness expectations and have made the necessary action steps with the housekeeping supervisor and housekeeping manager to ensure that our cleanliness standards are always being met. Kindest Regards, Hanover Courtyard GM
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"college trip"
front desk and check was a pleasure. room was a pleasure one drawback no microwave. they also accommodated all of requests. we will definately return!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
ray
"close to engagement party"
staff was very friendly and courteous. Could not believe the front desk clerk remembered my name after meeting me just once! Very impressive. Would highly recommend to others and will stay again if ever in the area.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Diana Young
The room was nice but it has the problem of running toilet. The flush did not stop after the use.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Hotel staff(Desk) were helpful and polite, room and cleanliness is excellent, spacious room but there is no microwave in the room though there is microwave at the lobby, parking is spacious(free) and area is quiet.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
MC
"Bring earplugs"
Overall the hotel was nice with a good location. However, and this is a BIG however, the walls are paper thin! I literally was woken up at 2:30 in the am by the neighbor next door opening their shower curtain. I kid you not! You can hear every little noise from the room next door. In addition, the airplanes overhead and the air conditioning turning on and off all night left much to be desired at this hotel.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Dear Barb, Thank you so much for your recent review. We understand how frustrating situations like this can be. We wish that we could control the overall design of the hotel so that we can provide an even better experience for all of our guests, but as an alternative we do provide ear plugs which are available at the front desk upon request at no additional cost. We look forward to your next visit and hope you have a great rest of the summer. Best Regards, Hanover Courtyard Team
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Barb
"nice hotel"
I like this hotel. Nothing really special about it though. I only stayed for one night.wouldn't stay here for a vacation or anything like that.
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Tracey
A last minute decision, we booked and have no regrets...everything was great... Amanda and the rest of the personnel were very friendly band accommodating.. We would definitely recommend this place to our friends.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not Quite"
Our choice to stay at this location was a matter of convenience as we were on our way to a personal event. We've always liked the Courtyard but, unfortunately, had our challenges with this one. Loud parties in the court, obnoxious guests, murky swimming pool, dirty and poorly maintained pool bathrooms, and thin walls were among the few experiences we had to deal with. Marriott Courtyard is a often a good choice for travelers but I wouldn't recommend this particular location.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Dear DA, Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback very much and thank you for choosing us during your quick visit. We are terribly sorry for the inconveniences we caused during your stay with us. We understand how frustrating situations like this can be. We wanted to assure you that this is not the reception we wanted to provide. Although we cannot take back the issues that occurred, we wanted to assure you that we have spoken to our pool maintenance vendor and increased staffing so that we can better handle very busy summer days. Shall your travels bring you back to our area, we hope that you will give us another try. Kindest Regards Hanover Courtyard Management Team
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Nice stay, except for breakfast"
Last minute booking for an overnight stay on a long and late night trip. It was nice to be able to quickly checking in and get to bed. Hotel has a modern flavor, clearly designed for young and active people. The only complaint is that the room I got is kind of smallish, and but it has enough beds for everyone. The breakfast selection is quite limited at the hotel, and there seems to be little selection in the area near the hotel either.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"not as good as last time"
the toilet was too low for my elderly mother. the staff was not as friendly as the last time we stayed at this hotel, which was part of the reason we chose to stay at this hotel again. overall, nice hotel. i think next time, we'll pick the same chain hotel, just a different location.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
crystal
"one day getaway"
Just stayed at hotel overnight. We didn't check in until midnight. The staff was ultra nice about letting us have a late checkout. I upgraded to a breakfast with the room. It was really nice and was freshly prepared. The restaurant was very chic and the food was delicious. I will definitely come back, next time I visit family on the area.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Comfortable place to stay."
Nice hotel but trying to go anywhere from there is tough. Those concrete barriers named "Jersey Barriers" are in full force here. But the hotel is nice and the Bistro is a real plus. Yes you pay for food but it's much better than the free continental breakfast garbage. They also are open in the evening serving decent booze! Nice place to stay but it's New Jersey so expect traffic headaches.
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
"Nice hotel close to highway"
Nice and clean staff friendly, would stay again when traveling thru area.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
dan
"Very nice considering the cost."
There was a fire alarm at 4am - very frustrating for the guests to be awakened in the middle of the night. No apology or explanation given by hotel staff.
"Great Location, Fantastic staff"
We booked this hotel based on the yelp reviews (we had actually booked another but switched to this hotel the day of our travel) We are so glad we did, it was very clean, extremely friendly staff and a fantastic location. We will definitely book again!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
TKD mom
The experience would have been much better if the bathroom fan actually worked (if there is one), the towel rack didn't come off so easily, and one extra large towel. The bed was very comfortable and the couch was nice and comfy. Overall it wasn't bad.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Thank you so much for the feedback you've provided. We absolutely value your business and hope that we will see you again soon. In regards to the bathroom fan and towel rack, we have engaged our engineering department to ensure everything is working properly. We believe this was an isolated incident but will check the entire hotel to be sure. We hope that you have a great start to the summer season!
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
We had great difficulty finding this hotel at night. Our GPS would not take the address as given on the sight. It's set back from the road and the sign is minuscule,however both of these factors may be because of town restrictions?The desk person was very sweet. Room fine.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Perfect for a quick overnight stay"
We had a wedding and a Graduation party in the same weekend in North Jersey so decided to get a hotel room for the night. We searched for a decent cheap place to stay in Whippany and we couldn't believe the quality of this place for the money. The staff were helpful when we needed them and the rooms were immaculate. We could tell this place tends to cater to business travelers but it was perfect for our needs as well. My wife is always happy when hotels offer free wifi in the rooms and we had no problem connecting. I would definitely stay in here again if I had another event in the Whippany area.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Was a wonderful stay
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
"Clean Comfortable Convenient"
We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was run very well. Parking was convenient and plentiful during our stay. At check in they advised where to park which was so helpful so we did not have to drag our suitcases far at all. The room was large and very clean. It was nice to have a sofa area and also small patio. This hotel was only 30 minutes (with no traffic on a Sunday) to Manhattan so that is a huge plus. It is also very close to lots of good restaurants and shopping. The only challenge was it took a long time to order breakfast. Many many kids running around which is nice for families, but we are retirees so it was too noisy for us in the eating area.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"close to a show I was planning to participate"
The people at the front desk were great!
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Eleftherios Simijis
"Great place to stay!!"
It was a nice hotel srounded by a lot comercial activity but with the way the hwy is sset up is kind of uncoftable. Besides that the place was clean, well organized, people were courtious, and accomodations were really confortable. Nice place to saty if you are on business in the area.
2 night trip May 8, 2014
Carlos Alvarez
"Great value!"
This hotel is a great value. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. If you are staying in the Morristown or Madison area I highly recommend it. There is a Starbucks in the lobby so breakfast is very convenient.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Excellent ~ very nice hotel ~ up to date rooms~ staff was very helpful
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Service was great
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Ozzie
The bed was very hard. The room was too dry.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Wonderful experience, staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had 7 teenage girls and the environment was both safe and clean for then to walk around.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"I highly recommend !!"
Very friendly and efficient employees, the room was very clean and comfortable...my husband and I we highly recommend.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2014
"near for relatives to pick us up"
Hotel staff was very hospitable and friendly. We enjoyed our two night stay. Since it was our Anniversary on Sunday and also Easter, we were able to not only make it a short romantic vacation but see family for Easter
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
"Spring Vacation"
The stay here was good although very cramp for a family of four. Also if the room can sleep four why do you only put enough towels for three? It was a pain having to keep calling for extra. But the staff was lovely and the room was clean.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Ann
"Excellent service"
The staff, particularly Ron and Maria, were extremely accommodating. They went out of their way to assist us and made our stay extremely pleasant. If we visit the area again, this will be our hotel of choice.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
"No Breakfast!!!"
The hotel was nice, but I stayed at 10 different hotels in the last 2 weeks and this is the only one that did not serve breakfast.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Thank you so much for your feedback, we truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future. I apologize that the team missed informating you of our breakfast options. Our Bistro serves breakfast and dinner 7 days a week .
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Frankie
"Traveler"
Overall, it was very clean, convenient and comfortable. The ONLY complaint my family and I had was that the breakfast was expensive -- but it was convenient before we continued on our trip. And if we had stayed longer, it was nice to know about the dining room and dinner options.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Maryellen
"Basic business hotel, not recommended for tourists"
The rooms are clean and contemporary but the room was always cold, even after we turned up the heat to 80 degrees. The room would heat up then get cold before the heat went on again. Seeing that we were only 40 miles from NYC, one would think they would have brochures or sight seeing info in the room or lobby but nothing.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Dear Jim, Thank you so much for the great feedback. We will make sure to immediately inform our engineering team to double check the effectiveness of our units. We hope that you and your family still had a great time in New York . During your next visit we will ensure that our brochures to local sites are more visible.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Mar 21-23"
Great hotel with plenty of amenities, close to numerous places to eat and movie theaters. The rooms were very clean and my kids loved the pool. For the price this was a no brainer.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Princess weekend"
Planned a princess weekend for my girlfriend. Room was very nice, the bistro was very good for food and drinks. Overall a great night.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Good hotel for the money"
I gave the surrounding neighborhood a 3 because there wasn't really anything wrong with the neighborhood except for the small craft airport right in back of the hotel. It is almost directly underneath the flight path. It didn't really bother me too much, but it may be a bother to some people. Also, the fridge in the room was not working too well at all. It was actually warm even though I had it up all the way. When I told the front desk clerk upon checkout, she was apologetic and even gave me a free cup of Starbucks coffee from the onsite restaurant. Other than those two things, it was a pleasant stay.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2014
"It was OK"
It was very noisy. Kids were running around and playing hockey in the hallways. The hold they keep on your creditcard takes almost 2 weeks to be refunded and the dinning are closes very early. On the upside everything is close by and the rooms are very clean and comfy.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Dee, We are teribly sorry for the incovenience caused by the sports team and the authorization held on your card. Rest assured that we wll review your great feedback with our entire team to ensure that we limit these instances from occuring again in the future. We absolutely value your business and hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Dee
"Very quite location"
Was awesome to spend valentines weekend there
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Yaakov bloom
Personnel was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We will definitely stay here again next year.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"awesome hotel/room"
no complains on my stay, loved it
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2014
"Very Accomdating"
Excellent location and accomadating for my business travel. Well recieved and excellent amenities for my necesity.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2014
I am very much on the road and i cannot make reservations ahead of time, so i checked in for one night but it was really a nice lobby, and room was great. Very clean, very organized, I will definitely recommend this place. But I had some food from the restaurant at night i wanted to keep in the refrigerator was not clean, and i wanted to do some laundry as i was on the road for a month, there was only one washer, dryer( which i put my clothes 3 times to dry it).. I hope the management works on these and fix and provide a Microwave in the room.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
one
"Best breakfast"
Clean and comfortable, the only issue was the location, when I was driving I had to call the hotel to get directions.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
Mohamed
"Great hotel, value for money."
Quiet and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Aleem
My wife and I travel occasionally and were very satisfied with our two night stay while visiting family in the area. It's a recently renovated hotel we found to be as advertised. The room was nice, clean, and accommodating, and the bed was very comfortable and inviting. Had plenty of light through large windows and a door opening onto a small balcony overlooking the courtyard. Staff was helpful and friendly. Amenities and parking were more than adequate. A good value. If you enjoy a short morning walk, check out the Whippany Diner about 1/4 mi. west on Rt 10 for breakfast.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013