All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1600 Rhode Island Ave Nw, Washington, DC, 20036, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
    Bad pool
"Not going there again"
Checked in and wanted to valet park my car (this was the priciest valet parking I've seen so far in a hotel in DC and I've stayed at many hotels!) only to be told by a very rude parking attendant that there are no more spots and that I would have to park in the street somewhere and move it at 7am. The other guest I was with wanted to go to another hotel to which the attendant replied go right ahead! HORRIBLE MANNERS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE! I would've left the hotel right then and there if it weren't for the front desk. A very nice lady (I might be mistaken but her name I think was Shelina) took quick control of the situation, took our keys, apologized and told us to go get settled in since it was late and she would take care of the parking situation. Later that night I asked for a fridge to be brought up to our room twice because they forgot the first time. When we finally got it, we put the food in only to find the next morning that the fridge is broken and all our food had gone bad. Called the front desk several times and it was much later that anything was done. The man who brought us the new fridge said the one we had gotten was trash and it should've never been brought up. Good to know now that $60 worth of food had already gone bad! When I asked the guest services manager to do something about it, he said he wouldn't charge us for parking to make up for the situation. Lastly, why is room service waking us up at 8am to clean the room when we are checking out soon?!?!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
o.n.
"Very friendly staff"
Very convenient location to sites and restaurants.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Staff was beyond friendly. Close to all attractions and can't be beat for the price!
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Everything was perfect l, the room was very nice and the location was near all the monuments
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Great Hotel for Exploring DC"
This hotel was clean, very convenient to walk or Uber places (usually $5-$7), had a nice bar area, and most importantly had fantastic customer service. Everyone was friendly and helpful. One front desk attendant even offered us her own umbrella to use at one point. When our internet was not working well, they gave us both a lovely comp-ed breakfast! Highly recommended for any DC stay!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Allison
"NICE STAY!"
In DC for Barbeque Festival Stayed here Fri. then stayed at the Courtyard on F St. On Sat. Although both were neck to neck in service and amenities, F St. location had a bigger suite and was ideal in proximity to the Festival and everything else (food, entertainment, museums).
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Chantel
"Nice hotel near tour spots"
Great hotel in nice neighborhood. Walking distance to tour pick up spots and great food spots nearby. Hotel staff very friendly and accomodating. Hotel room clean and great view of dupont circle.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Good hotel within walking distance of the Mall"
Weekend visit to DC for the kids to see the museums. Little disappointing when the pool was closed on Sunday though.
3 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Watch for ants!"
The hotel and staff were great. The only drawback was the ant problem. We were on the fifth floor and had ants visiting for the last two days of our stay. We told housekeeping but no one addressed the issue. I also mentioned the issue when I checked out but no apology. I would go back to this property but would ask if they addressed the problem.
4 night family trip May 7, 2015
Phyllis
"Friendly staff. Close to everything."
Nice hotel. Clean friendly staff. Food was good. Great location. Indoor Pool is very small and in the basement. Everything else was great.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Rachel
"Excellent deal in the heart of DC"
My husband and I live just 11 miles from the hotel but wanted to stay in the city for stay cation tour. The hotel was nice, clean has a great staff and is walking distance to many lively and fun neighborhoods and of course the historic parts of DC are very close as well. We missed not having a pool or complimentary breakfast but for its location and price it's hard to beat.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
montyL
Great location. great value for the price. rooftop pool would have been better but a plus that it is a freshwater pool. EVERYONE on staff was so pleasant and always greeted you as soon as you walked in and as you were leaving. And there was always cold water in the lobby to grab on your way out. A MUST for the hot DC weather.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Capitol Getaway"
A weekend in DC. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Good location.
3 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
"Clean, efficient and friendly..."
This is the best Courtyard I have stayed at.....and I will stay here again when in Washington.The restaurant within the hotel is very good.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"Very nice"
Very nice. Great food. Good friendly staff. Nicen clean room
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"great hotel"
Stayed for my birthday with friends, the room was large, clean and really nice! Loved the lighting in the bathroom to do my makeup, lots of mirrors to get ready with a bunch of girls! Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"Wonderful"
This place was excellent, staff was great, rooms were comfortable and clean, location was very convenient. The only thing that could have been better is the TV and the channels but, your not in Washington DC to watch TV so perfect.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Roger
Went to DC for 2 days only during Memorial day weekend and had a very pleasant stay in this hotel.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Marcelo
"Best Hotel Staff I have ever experienced!"
The Hotel had all of the normal amenities that I expect from a Courtyard by Marriott. What I did not expect was how amazing the staff was. They are not only treated me with hospitality but also became a part of my trip by showing interest in my stay and the activities that I did,
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Glad we revisited!"
The Courtyard Embassy Row was always our go-to Hotel in DC but we resisted staying here for several years because of repetitive unpleasant experiences with front desk staff. We decided to try it again because of a good deal from hotels.com. VERY glad we did! The front desk staff, as well as valets and housekeeping staff, could not have been nicer, more professional, more helpful or friendlier! In addition to all this pleasantness, the entrance and lobby had been completely remodeled since our last stay - very nice indeed. Our room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is in a great location, easily accessible to Metro stations, bus stops, Dupont Circle, Georgetown and, if you like to walk, getting to the White House and museums on the National Mall is quite do-able.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Great location ... But that's it"
Perfect location! The room was not clean and the bathroom was filthy. We asked about near by restaurant / attractions and were rudely brushed off. I would have went to a different hotel if I wouldn't have lost out on my money.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"close to sights"
Very well located....but we were looking for a fridge in our room...unfortunately, we couldn't find one.
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Lea
"Memorial Day Weekend Getaway"
The staff here were wonderful...especially at the front desk.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Robin
"great stay"
We had stayed in Washington a few years ago and wanted to stay in the same hotel but it was booked , This was a great find a very nice place and a great staff . The Nage rest. was right inside the hotel and the food was great .
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
THOMAS
"Hotel at prime location"
Had a great experience. Staff was very friendly. Hotel is located close to all major spots in DC. Valet parking at customer's expense and the 20 mins wait to get the car back were a bit inconvenience. Otherwise had a pleasant stay.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Great location and service!"
Amazing service! Great location and staff. Rooms are very clean and the bed is super comfortable. It is within walking distance from the White House. Also, the restaurant in the lobby is great for breakfast.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Marriott 4 Life!!!!"
If this is an example of Marriott Quality, then me and my family are loyal customers for life! Staff was professional and courteous. Rooms were exceptionally clean. Everything you need is in walking distance and the staff were SUPERSTARS!!!!!!
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Vernon
"Review"
There was a homless person in the hall for at least 30 minutes, who could have easily accessed the elevators to the hotel rooms, and no hotel staff, not even security, asked him to leave until a guest complainted and only then did the hotel staff call the police. This could have been dangerous. I think that the price I paid was too high.
3 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Suzanne
Friends booked a room just for a night to enjoy the night life in Dupont area. Walking distance to bars, nice restaurants and great view. Our room was very clean and nicely designed! Wished there was a fridge in our room but other than that great room! Not to mention really nice hotel staff! Will come here again in the future.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Crystal
We had a wonderful stay. The staff is very friendly and the hotel has been recently remodeled.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Unexpectedly nice Courtyard!"
We needed a cheap hotel for a spring break trip to the museums.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
The hotel staff was very friendly but the bed linens were not confortable and our room did not have a microwave or fridge as advertised.
3 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Nathalie
"Nice hotel close to everything"
We enjoyed our stay except for when we returned back to our room Saturday evening we couldn't get into our room. When we went to the front desk they told us they never charged us for a $50.00 deposit. I would have rather them just called up to our room to let us know that instead of turning off our keys.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Tiffany
"Wonderful staff at the Courtyard"
When my mother and I arrived, we were greeted immediately at the door then at the concierge. Francesca was superb; actually, the entire staff was excellent from the doormen to the concierge and the staff at Nage restaurant. So glad there was a mini-market on the first floor for food and drinks; and tickets for tours at the concierge were available. Although we weren't their for the beach, the room was one-dimensional, but very comfortable. I immediately went to sleep after I laid my head down on the comfortable pillow. I would like to know the company or manufacturer of the pillows? Although pricy for a stay, overall, it was very good. My only suggestion is that they should have room service for breakfast.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Hotel AAA+ Bar F"
The staff was amazing until you go to Nage which is the restaraunt attached. They are rude and dirty I was completely surprised after the hotel experience was so nice. My husband and I both had lipstick on our glasses and the bartender was very rude. While sitting at the bar after noticing we both had dirty glasses and the bartender watched as we wiped them off, began to notice the rest of the bar. Super dirty! If not for the restaraunt this hotel would be perfect!
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Modern hotel in great location"
This is a lovely hotel with a modern feeling. It was in perfect walking distance of our destination in DC and was super-easy to get to from I-66. My only complaint was the maid knocked on our door at 9:30 in the morning and wanted to know when we would be out of the room. We had our "do not disturb" sign out, and checkout isn't even until 11. Just a little annoying but no biggie.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Leslie M
"Nice hotel needs better management and staff"
Upon checking the front desk staff had an attitude. We had seen 5 different front staff in our time there and 2 were not pleasant. The parking is quite expensive, but the valet were quite accommodating after the explanation on how it works. The Nage restaurant breakfast staff needs a lesson on customer first. A simple request of change for a $5 was met with they have no change. Come on! No singles? I only had to ask because the front end staff was no where to be found. If you can't give change say so! Also when speaking to customers come to the counter and don't holler from the back room!
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
My family had a nice stay at the hotel. Our room #717 was located at the recently renovated floor. The hotel is very unpretentious, but tastefully decorated and clean. The location is within a walking distance from the White House and the National Mall. The restaurant on the first floor, which is not affiliated with the hotel, turned out to be very good. The vallet parking is pretty expensive - $37.00 plus tax, which came up to almost $44.00.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Mila
We had a lovely time. My husband and I with our three adult children had plenty of room and did not feel the accommodations were too tight.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Hotel staffs are very friendly and the room conditions are pretty good!
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
betty
"Frozen in DC"
Thermostat was broken and I froze all night. All I ask for is a comfortable night sleep and I was not afforded that. Also, I was put in an disabled accessible room without them notifying me. I don't mind the different layout of the room, but courtesy dictates that you ask the guest first rather than hope that it will work.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Warren
"Great stay only one complaint..."
We had a lovely stay! Perfect location. A little tricky to find. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only complaint that I have is that it was valet only and 40+ a day for parking. No other parking options on site. Should have that stated clearly on their site. There is cheaper parking near by. It is close to the metro and most of the major sights to visit by walking. No need to jump in and out of the car. All and all a great visit and would definately stay again! Love that they had a Bible and a Book of Mormon in the night stand as well!
2 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
samantha
Spent the weekend at this hotel which was located less than 10min from the hangout spots on 14th St. It even had street parking available (weekends only) if you're lucky enough to get there first. Hotel is recently renovated and was clean and spacious. Free Wi-Fi also available in the rooms.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Monique
"Good hotel well located for a short DC brea"
Thanksgiving in DC for a French family of Cincinnati Hotel walking distance from white house, lincoln munoment, harlington, capitol, museums... (We walked a lot but with childrens 8 to 12 so doable) Restaurant at the hote expensive, especially for the breakfast but there is a starbucks and a Paul bakery 10minutes away Parking is expensive but convenient
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Patrick
"Thanksgiving weekend"
We had a wonderful stay here, all the staff was so helpful, accommodating, and friendly!
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Shari
I've stayed here before. I like the location and the price. It has everything I'm looking for and you're not paying for all the extras that you seldom use or need.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice hotel in Washington DC."
the staff was very informative, friendly, and professional in every aspect of services provided.
Lori
It was a nice, clean hotel with a convenient location. I would definitely stay there again.
Terry
rooms were clean and comfortable. the staff was pleasant and very helpful with answers to question about where to go in the city, An all around great experience.
"Awesome!"