All hotels in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1700 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA, 17015, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3
    2.5
    2.4
    1.9
"This Place is a Dump"
Check in was slow with only one Asian man seeming to know how their systems work and he was busy showing others what to do as they repeatedly asked him questions. The entire "400" building smelled of mildew. First floor room window did not have a lock so could be easily opened from the outside. The Wifi was dysfunctional and their attempts to fix it failed. Price was outrageous at $140/night. Priced for value it should have be $65 On the positive side they did let me out of my second night so I could move to a much nicer and cheaper Days Inn one mile away.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Hotel Carlisle"
This is an awful, hotel that is in terrible shape. The rooms are dirty, nothing works - including the telephone. Bugs under the mattress. Just an awful experience.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Didn't stay. Scary and unsafe."
Didn't stay. Scary and unsafe. Dirty. No lock on door.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
very poor condition of bathroom. tub worn out. fancets worn out and black. drain plugged up , water wouldn, t go down. hotel just needs total re-furb ! sorry, won't stay again
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Please don't stay here !!!!"
To be honest, we were quite frightened! The hotel is old, smells like mold. Bedroom carpet was black from dirt, tv didn't work, lights were missing bulbs (I think to keep the room dim) My husband was surprised we didn't wake up in a tub full of ice missing our kidneys. The way the light was flickering in the bathroom, i was afraid to shower, thought i was at the bates motel. No 8 balls on the pool tables. Bartender was horrible, not nice or friendly and the drinks at the lounge were a total ripoff ($28.00 for two shots and a beer)!!! I slept fully dressed and with one eye open. I am not kidding. When I called a hotel down the street the next morning the manager told me to get out of there as quick as I could and come to their place! Quality Inn of Carlisle RULES!!!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
C
"the worst hotel EVER!!!!"
THE WORST HOTEL EVER STAYED IN IT'S OVER PRICED AND DIRTY!!!!!
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
AL
"There must be better"
Where do I start. Hard bed. Worn carpet. Worn sheets. Walls dirty. Smelly hallway and common areas. Sauna locked on one side and full of junk on the other. Hot tub dirty with sand on the bottom. Pool water looked cloudy. Tennis courts cracked with over grown weeds and brush. Restaurant is ridiculous. Apparently a three or four people liked the bar.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Horrible"
This was dirty, not maintained and outdated. Do not stay here
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Moldy and old...
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Deserves 0 stars"
Disgusting. Our floor was soaking wet about 15 feet into the room by the window/air conditioner. Only one light worked in the room. No lotion or shampoo. Towels were ancient and like sandpaper. Faucets in tub and sink were corroded and tub was moldy. The room and most of the hotel smelled like mold. I asked for a discount and they said since I booked with hotels.com they couldn't do anything about it. I could see if the room was $59 but it was $129 with no breakfast...
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Annie
"Dilapidated"
Hotel Carlisle is old. I have visited other old hotels, and they are always a bit weird and funky. However, Hotel Carlisle seems to have simply given up. The room was not clean, the towels and sheets were worn and needed to be replaced, and the grounds were unkempt. The service desk also double billed me. The maintenance of the hotel is a shame, because the hotel has a lot of amenities that could make it a great place to stay, like the pool, laundry, billiards, and a hotel bar.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
"Terrible."
The stay was horrible. The room was nasty. Stains in the carpet, towels, and bedding. My room didn't even have a trash can! Plus the pool is disgusting. Literally looks like no one has ever bothered to clean it in months. This hotel used to be one of te nicer ones in the area when it was a Clarion! I will never stay there again till it is renovated.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Sunny
"Should be closed."
No coffee in room, no coffee in office. Water dripping from the ceiling in the halls.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Won't be going back!"
There were no light bulbs in the lamps. We ordered a cot to be in the room and when we got there were told it was in the room. It wasn't. Dingy and not the cleanest. Don't recommend!
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Not terrible"
The room could have been better. For two guys going to a car show it was fine. It was clean and the staff was great. We had no remote for the TV when we arrived and within 1/2 hour one was brought to us. I would stay there again for the price it worked
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Worst Hotel I've ever stayed in"
Don't be fooled by the online photos--they were likely taken 30 years ago or more when the hotel was last updated. It looked like a delapidated motel in person. I've never in my life complained about a hotel until my stay here, but for $100 a night, I certainly didn't expect the following: Abandoned tennis courts with weeds half as tall as I am, peeling paint on the exterior of the buildings, broken railings, untrimmed grass and bushes, cracked sidewalks with all of the debris from winter not raked/swept (and this was spring), no hot water for the morning shower, no internet access, filthy windows in the indoor pool, the ceiling falling down into the pool area, leaves and dirt in the indoor pool, a dirty diaper thrown into the corner of the pool area that no one bothered to pick up, ineffective A/C/heat in the room with a broken control, a dryer sheet stuffed into the A/C vent to "freshen" the room, yellow "maise" toilet and disgusting chipped bathtub, and bathrooms off of the lobby that smelled worse than a sewer treatment plant. I was on the phone for about an hour complaining of the condition of this hotel and eventually got 2/3 of my money back, but it never should have have been on their list to begin with if they did any type of quality control.
3 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"dissapointed"
heat did not work right, front desk said they would send someone, no one showed. Poorest towels ever, place needed a good cleaning. Would not go back. Find a better place for what you pay here.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Nanc
"Hotel in need of updating"
Hotel is in good location but is in need of updating. Bathrooms were not cleaned daily. Musty smell in the hotel. Furniture and carpets in need of replacing. Restaurant and bar on site, but very expensive.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Grounds were unkept and no lighting at night. Towels look like they are stained and dirty. Hot water was also an issue.
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Appalling conditions.....avoid this place!"
We attended an annual club banquet at Hotel Carlisle/Embers Convention Center and opted to stay over night instead of making a two hour drive home. Where to begin? Building: The lobby was cold and dark, there was almost no heat throughout the building, damp smelly cold hallways with stained carpeting and almost no lighting. Room: stained carpeting, horrible stale odor in the room, blown light bulbs in two of three lamps, rusted bathroom fixtures, stained bathroom sink/counter, stained/scuffed tub. Banquet room/service: guests were wearing coats to keep warm during the event, bar service was deplorable with none of the common juices/mixers/soda available, and lukewarm coffee at best. Cafe breakfast: room was 52 degrees so guests had to wear coats to eat, food and coffee were cold and almost inedible. I could go on and on about how deplorable this place was, but instead I will give everyone a warning to AVOID this place at all costs.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Deb
"um"
Lots of stains in room, disgusting. No heat in hallways. Bathroom in room stopped working. Only thing I truly enjoyed was the front desk employee that checked us in that evening.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
"very dirty and poor ! unhappy"
I m not happy this place, it no heat, no food no free breakfast.. . no heat in hallway and bathroom is very very dirty and cell is very leak water drop wet on floor. I think should closed hotel or rebuilt !! that's true !
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
michelle
"never again"
The Shower didn't work properly. NO clean towels at the pool, Dirty pool, malfunctioned Jacuzzi. GREAT Bar.
1 night business trip Oct 5, 2013
"Looks are deceiving."
It was raining on our trip and there were trashcans throughout the hallways catching water leaking all over the place. The hallway carpets were soaked with water it squished when you walked. The rooms are out dated old dingy bedding and towels. The bath room was horrible the toilet was dirty ring around the bowl. The bathtub had a HUGE rust stain from the faucet down to the drain, the faucet leaked water never stopped dripping.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"okay but...."
mediocre and had to check out at desk versus express check out
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
bw
"Old, run down hotel"
This is the worst hotel on that street. There was no supervisor on duty during the 2 night/ 3 day stay we had there and we went at all different times and inquired. The Entrance to our hotel room had a terrible odor like mold and straw/ grass all over floor that never got vacumed duting our stay.We left at 1030 am and came back around 8 pm the first day and our room was never cleaned up by maid service until we called at 810pm that night. We asked for a later check out on our day of departure ,extra hour and we were told that it would be an extra cost of a half day. We go to this area once a year for a big car show and WILL NEVER stay here nor recommend it to anyone else.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Very nice for what you pay!"
we booked a non smoking room with one king bed for two adults/two nights. For what we paid, this hotel was wonderful! They had a beautiful bar and restaurant, and a very nice pool and hot tub. The overall decor of the hotel had a very old feel to it, but we kind of liked it! Could have used a touch more lighting throughout, but really cant complain. The hotel also featured an arcade room, pool tables, and is very close to quite a few other restaurants and gas stations. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a quite, inexpensive place to stay.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"Stale, unclean, torn curtains"
Our room was stale, with torn curtains, a beer cap in the bed, a board covering the back of the toilet tank, and the window was bolted shut.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Terrible"
We got to the "hotel" on a Sunday and stayed 4 nights. When we got there the musty smell in the room was overwhelming. Once we sprayed the perfume it was ok. After a long day of sightseeing we expected to be able to shower and yet another disappointment. Also the ice machine in the hall we were in was broken but the lady behind the desk was more than willing to get us some. The next day we went to check out the pool and it was very big and also very dirty. Along with the hottub(also dirty). If you are looking for a decent place to stay I would spend the little extra money and get a nicer place
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
aaron
"May have been an amazing luxury hotel in the past."
Cost about $75.00 through expedia plus $10.00 for each child. Before I even go there the extra cost for children bothers me. I chose this hotel because of the large pool for the children. So if it wasn't for the children I would have went somewhere cheaper. We really liked the pool. We went through the lobby to our rooms and the kids said they saw an outside pool. I told them it should be an inside pool. We went down to the pool and the design made it seem like it was outside and airy. Looking around the pool and hallways there are alot of areas that look neglected. It looks like it was a really nice building at one time and just not kept up. I feel bad for it. Since I don't want to pay for the luxury price I'd say this hotel is OK and we will probably use it again next year.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Stephen
"Awful and scary"
The hotel was extremely run down and almost deserted. It appears that there hasn't been any maintenance in a very long time. My friends came and found a beer cap in their bed. The ceiling was leaking in the pool area and those bathroom were disgusting. Some male staff members were really creepy and walked around smoking cigarettes on the property. Weeds were out of control and the tub seemed like the floor was rotting underneath. I checked out a day early as I was not comfortable staying alone there with my son. Overall awful!
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Very near to interstate 81 and resturants."
The toilet paper was terrible and there was no cleanex in the room or the bathroom. The lock on the external doors did not work with the key cards. The grounds could be in better shape from cleanliness.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Tony
"Worse hotel of my life"
I was in town for a funeral. One night stay. List of problems: Children skin had blue tint from pool Bathrooms were dirty and rusted Key cards did not work Front desk lady was extremelY rude to all guest PAT Sheets were not the cleanest Out dated hotel There is NO RESTAURANT in the hotel it is closed It looks haunted Would NOT take my shoes off horrible carpet
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
whitney
"Skip this one..."
A sprawling campus with 1 main building housing conference rooms, and 3 large out buildings for guest rooms, this place must have been very nice back in "the day". Unfortunately, that day was probably sometime in 1975. The room décor was quite dated, though they were reasonably clean. One of our storm windows was missing, and the inside of the window had filled with leaves and other debris. I will say that the beds were comfortable, but the sheets seemed to have been through the machine a few too many times. The price of the room was over $200 with tax, which I though outrageous. The desk clerk was very nice though, and ended up putting us in a suite. The décor of that room was also dated, but only to the 80's. Again, it was clean, and the beds comfortable. Water pressure was weak. I really wanted to like this hotel, but I think they let the place get ahead of them. It probably needs a couple million dollars in renovations now, and doesn't seem likely to get them.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Fair hotel experience"
Overall hotel was ok saunas light wasn't working hot tub not working & looked dirty no tissues in our room. Staff was friendly hotel is a little outdated but I would stay there again. Sheets on bed would slip off the bed and halls a little dark
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
kristie
"Conveniently located"
This hotel is convenient as it is located right off I-81 and PA Turnpike in Carlisle. It isn't far from Harrisburg or Hershey, PA. Be prepared for an interesting shower. The water fluctuates between warm & cold all on its own..Brrrr. The pool is large, clean, & warm. However, if it rains, be prepared for a leaky roof. The food was very good & our service was acceptable but the kitchen closes between 9:00-9:30 pm. The beds were quite comfy. All-in-all, it was worth the money.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Broaster
My son and I each year go to Hershey park. And stay at this hotel each time. It's not your luxury hotel. But to me it has an old world charm. My son loves the indoor pool, and I like the peacefulness. Don't take my word for it, or other peoples harsh reviews. Make you own judgement, and find out for yourself.
4 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
Angela
"Hotel Carlisle"
This hotel was not clean
3 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2013
Joan
"Arrived to an unserviced room"
Arrived to an unserviced room. Dirty linens and candy wrappers on the floor without any amenities described for the room writeup. One member of our party was transferred to 3 different rooms due to extreme cleanliness or key access issues. To receive simple conveniences listed in the Expedia writeup there were upcharges for each item per day such as 10$ per day for a microwave and the same fee for a fridge. Room did not require a key to enter or exit so locking valuables when leaving the hotel was not an option. Staff was unable to provide another room or address these issues.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Alex
"would not go back"
place is ran down ac leaked floor was wet from condensation.
larry
"Hotel shows it's age"
Light by bed did not work, no tissue paper, shower hot and cold water faucets were loose making it difficult to turn water on and off.
Pete
"Economical hotel for a short stay"
Pleasant stay for one night. Has a big indoor pool and staff was friendly. It is a historic building with a choice of restaurants nearby.
Sujata
"worst hotel ever"
dirty,old,spiderweb in the room,bedding and towels old,no staff on the floor to get help
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"Very unhappy~"
when we checked in we had to wait over an hour to get into our room because the keys did not work to open our room door. waited outside in 90 degree weather, this continued the entire stay ( 2 days) we could not get into our own room we had to drive back and forth to the office EACH time to have someone come and open our door. unbelievable!! we had 2 children with us and this was NOT acceptable especially when we arrived back to the hotel late and tired. This truly was a NIGHTMARE!!!!
Di
"Horror worthy"
I checked in at midnight and checked out about 10 minutes later. Arriving this late I was alarmed that the building our hotel room was located did not have any outside lighting. I am a female and had 3 children with me. I was also alarmed that once we gained entry into the building our room was in to find the door to the room opened. I was instantly transported back in time when I was young and would check my closet for monsters. The smell of mold was heavy and when the lights were on, visible. Both sitting chairs by the light were covered with it. The pictures were very deceiving. I do not recommend this hotel. Needless to say, we packed up and drove home which was 2 hours away.
Sandy
The actual main hotel was nice but the surrounding buildings were out rooms were not. The comforters were stained and dirty, the blankets had cigarette holes burned in them, our room keys never worked our whole stay. We had no wash cloths. We waited over a hour for them. The grounds were full of weeds. Terrible up keep. For the price, I guess you get what you pay for but I will pay more and stay elsewhere next trip to Hershey.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2013
Allyson
"A nightmare from the time I checked in."
We arrived about 7:00 pm. I had to wait 40 minutes to check in, with only one person ahead of me. After I finally checked in, I was directed to go to building #2 to my room. As I drove around back, I was uneasy looking at all the weeds and overgrown grass and such. As I pulled up to the building I was instructed to go to, my room # was not located in there. I found the building for which my room was. We unpacked everything out of car a proceeded to the room. It was not a short walk from the car to my room. Once we got to the room, my key did not work. So we had to put everything back in car and drive back to front desk. Not something I expect from a hotel. (guess Im use to a hotel being all in one place, not rooms, spread out in different buildings, disconnected from front desk, all over the property) She gave me another key and we went back and tried again. It worked this time, but once I entered the room, I wanted to cry. It was nothing, at all, as it appears on their website. The room was so outdated, from the 70's. The tub was suppose to be a mustard yellow, but all I saw was black on the bottom. And the toilet had mildew inside the bowl. I asked for a non smoking room and no pets. While this was a non smoking room and hallway, all you could smell was smoke. And there was a dog barking constantly. (My kids are allergic to cats and dogs) I did get my room changed, but other then a cleaner tub n toilet, all else was the same. Did I mention the towels were not white at all?
Tina
"Nice staff old hotel that needs work"
I have a lot to say but only a little space to say it. The lighting around the buildings was terrible. One of the entrances we went in had 2 of 3 lights out and you could barely see how to get up the steps. However, we could see that the mats in front of the doors had not been swept in a very long time. When we walked into the door of our building there was this muskie mildew smell and the carpets were Old. I knew I was in trouble when my 6 year old said "this is a dump". Even before that the first room that I was given I couldn't get to because the door to the building would not open. I went back 3 times to have my keys redone and still could not get in. So the last room we were given we had a good little walk to because we were afraid the door next to our room would not work. The first room we actually got access too looked like someone had been sleeping in one of the beds. The second room we received I walked through a spider web when I walked through the door then we found a stink bug "hanging out" on the pillow. There was only one trash can in the bathroom but none in the bed room. My 9 year old gave up on using the remote control for the TV. The shower head was at my shoulders. The next morning we could see that the grounds were not very well kept. The grass was cut but no one had done any trim and the rose bushes that looked so pretty in the picture had not been landscaped in a good while. We were supposed to stay 2 nights but could barely get through 1
Stan
"Do not stay at this hotel"
Mold, mildew and filthy! Do not stay here!!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
J sal
"Pictures very deceiving!"
Hotel was not as pictured on website. Very run down and needed updating. Front desk staff had horrible customer service skills. Air conditioning not working in front lobby and many of the rooms. Stated wifi available but you were not able to access. Definately NOT worth the money that I spent. Also restaurant not open which was an inconvenience too.
Liza