All hotels in Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
5320 Beacon Drive, Irondale, Birmingham, AL, 35210, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.2
    2.9
    2.2
    1.9
    2.6
"Very old but at least it's clean with no bugs"
I stayed there this past weekend and the stay was ok. Hotel is really an apartment complex where people live and I guess they rent some of the rooms too! Hotel rooms are old, outdated, and have a slight basement smell to them. However the staff was friendly and the rooms were huge and clean. Even though it looked a little suspect I was surprised at the cleanliness. I've stayed in better looking hotels but they had roaches. This one was bug free!! Overall the hotel is average at best but very economical. If you need a clean room for a night or two at a cheap rate then this hotel is the move!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
I am not a picky hotel snob but this place was terrible. The floor was so dirty I didn't want to take off my shoes. Location was a little sketchy not great neighborhood. It also smelled bad they said it was non smoking but it smelled like a smoking room
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Chicago girl
"Horrible"
It was the worst stay ever Bathroom lock was not working my friend was locked inn I have to call maintainece guy around mid night to take out my friend
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
shawn
"Booked room but once I saw it, I cancelled."
Dirty room, bathroom toilet seat had hair on it. Dishwasher was broken, tiles in shower were falling off the wall.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Decent, economical hotel close to Barber Museum"
We stayed for 3 nights to attend the Triumph Classic Motorcycle Race. It is obvious that the hotel used to be an apartment complex. There is a full kitchen but no dishes or utensils of any kind. They do have room service for evenings and a free breakfast buffet in the morning. (Breakfast - eggs, hash browns, grits, biscuits, bacon, sausage. A real breakfast) Staff was wonderful and the pool was well cared for. But the buildings need serious help. The bed was comfortable but the blankets had cigarette burns and tears in them. The owners need to put some money into the place. Person I spoke with at Expedia assured me that there was a shuttle from the hotel to the race which was why we chose this hotel. Unfortunately, when we arrived they didn't even know there was a race going on. That was disappointing.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Ellen
"needs lots of updates and cleaning"
Bed spreads had cigarette holes in them and the carpet was filthy. The whole hotel stunk like cigarettes and was overpowering in the rooms. Service was great , but if we wouldn't have been desperate we would of kept going
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Jenny
"Rime Garden is surrounded by woods"
The staff was friendly, especially Mr. James, the van driver. However, the actual suite was run down, and didn't feel especially clean. The best part of the stay was the use of gym facilities across the street!
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Nasty. Stinky. Difficult to find."
I am pretty sure this also serves as a halfway house. It was very old and showed and smelled it's age. It was not clean. The entire place smelled. Spend an extra $10 and stay somewhere nicer.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Cacaroches in kitchen and filth throughout."
Horrible. Never will I stay there. Itvwas infested with cockroaches and can't believe expedia actually had this hotel on roster. I am calling the health department and place a claim. It was disgusting and don't want any other person to fall I. This trap to stay in this cigarette smelling, cacaroche infested so called hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Low income housing"
Housekeeping consists of bed being made and getting clean towels. Had to go to office to ask for toilet paper.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Athena
"Low income housing"
Other trip May 7, 2014
Athena
"Surprised (but not in the best way)"
I got into Birmingham after dark so I was searching for a hotel building. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into an actual condominium-looking complex! I had no idea that the room I was renting was actually an apartment-sized room, but trying to initially find my way through the complex after checking in was a frustrating experience. I actually had to go back to the front desk after stopping at two other buildings, only to find out I missed a turn somewhere en route to looking for my room. I had a hotel staff member who was walking outside ride to my building with me to show me where I needed to go and to park. When I got into the room, I could tell it was pretty old-looking. The carpet was dingy and stained in many places and the furniture in the living room and bedroom was old and antiquated--it had all been around the block a few times before. Still, the room itself was pretty comfortable and the bed at least didn't sag--I slept ok in it. I went to use the 24-hour business center and once in the room, there was a single, old, Old, OLD computer and CRT monitor and and old printer--that's it, no phone, no other amenities. The staff person advised that the computer hadn't been working in a couple of days but she thought that *maybe* it was now.I had to reboot the thing twice--because of the old operating system lack of speed it had, it frozen twice. Go stay at a better place nearby...
Other trip May 6, 2014
Sheets had holes in them. Pillows cases were dirty. No toilet paper or soap.
Other trip May 6, 2014
jeff
"Stayed for the Races"
This looks like an old apartment complex. It's a little dated and could use a facelift. However, our room was clean, staff was fantastic and we were made to feel at home. Food wasn't bad either. We had a quick burger and fries for dinner as we were tired from a day at Barber and didn't want to go back out. Breakfast Sunday morning was really good. We will absolutely stay here again!
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Camping would have been better."
The room had an overwhelming musty odor. Since the windows didn't have screens we had to go to the local target to pick up room deodorizes. The kitchen floor had a burn mark. The suite was advertised with a full kitchen, it there no dishes, cooking supplies and the dishwasher was bolted shut. The carpet was badly stained. The furniture was so old we were concerned that it was going to collapse on us. The bathroom was filthy. The hotel advertised a complimentary breakfast until 9:30 AM, but whe we arrived at 8:00, there was no beverage service, plates or silverware. It appeared that the breakfast was being cleared. We could not access the WiFi connection and were told it was because our room was in a "low spot"
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
linda
"do not ignore the bad reviews"
It would not meet your expectations even for the cheap price.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great value"
The location and the staff at the front desk were excellent!! The room, however, had a leaky refrigerator and molded coffee in the coffee maker. Other than that, what I paid for the room and what I got was an awesome deal!!!
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
Kasandra
"This is subsidized housing. Not a hotel"
The rooms are certainly spacious, but that is bc they are apartments. I assume they're for low income individuals judging by the people I saw. This is the "projects" not a hotel. Not clean. Old. Worst tv ive seen this century. Seaman on the couch. I will not be back.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Good value, excellent staff"
Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Large room--actually a suite. Facilities are on the old side but basically well maintained.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Vic
"It was nice"
The hotel room is comfortable! It was a good stay! Nice breakfast and nice staff. It was a good experience.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Bre
"WORST HOTEL EVER!"
Oh my goodness....do not stay here! I stay in hotels roughly 80 nights per year and this was the worst experience of my life. The property has turned into a residence for many unsavory characters and the maintenance on the property has absolutely ceased. My standards are not very high, but this was ridiculous! You will be sorry....take my word for it. It was my first experience with Hotels.com and I probably will not book here again simply because they would promote such a horrible place :(
2 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
Sorry
"it was nothing like the pictures i saw"
The people were standing out like we were a target. We were afraid to stay there. The inside of what we saw was filthy. The carpet was dirty. I could not stay there,because of those things. I wasn't there to rate the maintenance,i left immediately!
2 night trip Feb 23, 2014
"Irondale on a budget"
The rooms are nice and spacious, clean if a bit older, and there is a kitchenette.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
"Possibly worst ever."
I don't write reviews but I need to on this one. DONT stay here. It's an old run down apt. building that rents old apts. Don't stay!
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"spacious but run down"
Shortly after checking into my room (after a difficult time finding my building) several police cars swarmed onto the property and the officer I spoke to advised me to go inside as there had been a report of a fight and a firearm. I liked that the room was a suite with a kitchen, bedroom, two TVs, and was comfortable.. The price was a bargain, which I appreciated. The free breakfast was the same every morning but pretty good and the cook provided outstanding service. Be sure to tip him. He deserves it. I didn't like the fact that the majority of the buildings/rooms are occupied by full time residents on a month to month basis.
3 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Erik
"A Nightmare"
Room was very cold and heater was stuck on cold setting with tape all over it. Carpet was dirty with stains everywhere. TV's remote control didn't have battery, couches were dirty. Kitchen and all the appliances were outdated (think early 70's). It is basically an abandoned apartment complex in a very bad area. We checked in, as soon as we saw our room, got on the phone and started calling taxi services (They were all closed due to snow storm in south). Finally found a guy and paid him $60 to get us out of there. It was terrible, and scary. Reminded me of crimes scenes you see in movies.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
"This look like some type housing project"
Shouldn't have accepted an upstairs room...had too much equipment coupled with I'm not the youngest kid on the block anymore. No elevator. - Room stale upon entry,. Had to go and buy air freshener. How difficult is it to make sure a room is fresh when you have it sold. Breakfast was not ready at the advertised time one morning. The TV was out of the 60's. The remote didn't work, neither of them.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
Emerson
"Scarey place!"
People obviously lived in the complex. They hung out in the parking lots and you had to have a code to open the gate at night.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Ok but not great!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
"Hotel stay"
My hotel stay was a pleasant 1 and i enjoyed the room i was in, very quiet.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"NEEDS MAJOR UPGRADING"
I was very disappointed that I had a suite that only had one old tv. There were no flat screens or a tv in the living room area at all. My suite did not have a phone and my iphone and ipad could not pick up the Wifi. I wasted my money getting a suite. I might as well had got a regular room because there was no benefits in paying extra for a suite. We were all in the bedroom trying to watch the one OLD tv and stay warm because it took forever for the heat to work. Everything was old. Even the phone jack on the wall was hanging down. Also, the bathroom could've been cleaner.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Kristye
The hotel suite I was in was well maintain, ants in the bathroom, shower rod broken, refrigerator was dripping water ice marker not working. The carpet wasn't clean. The furniture is in poor condition need to be updated. The maintenance man tried to repair things but they just need to be updated.
3 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Ms. Moore
"Great for the price."
It has a musky smell. Definately not the Ritz. But for the price its awesome you get an entire apartment. Just dont forget pots pan and dishes. SALT AND PEPPER. The lobby is nice and they have breakfast.
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
V
"Mark's review"
This place was a total dump. It was so bad I did not stay there. It was awful.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Hotel staff was great... Breakfast staff was great. Restaurant and bar were closed early, room was very disappointing... Sheets too small for mattress, bedding stained and torn, roach in kitchen. Pest control and some updating would make a nice hotel. Overall disappointed and not impressed.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Cindy
"Dirty Dirty Dirty"
Had 2 rooms booked and without a doubt the worst place I have stayed in my 60 years on Earth. I knew I should have asked to see the rooms but in a hurry to get to Dega', my mistake. zero ammenities, the soap is in a foam dispenser hung on the wall by the tub need I say more. Dirty Q-tips left over on the floor etc.etc. etc.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Don
"Quiet, clean, somewhat outdated"
We stayed at RGIS during Barber Vintage days and even near capacity, we enjoyed a peaceful stay. Our room was clean, air conditioning worked, comfortable bed, & good water pressure (a must)! Decor was outdated, but not nearly as important as cleanliness. The balcony was a nice add. Wireless was "available" but signal was too weak to access. I eventually used my phone as a hotspot. Breakfast was very good. Friendly staff & excellent service. Very reasonable price for what you get
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
it served it's purpose and it was clean enough but the towels were small, the soap oddly in foam dispensers, the blankets scarce, & the breakfast ended early. i got a discounted rate which made it all reasonable.. and the room was huge (though who needs a kitchen with no kitchenware?) we could have fit our entire traveling party in one sweet. anyhow i would stay here again if it were still an inexpensive rate.
2 night trip Sep 29, 2013
"Never again!!!!!"
There was no soap available, the air conditioning wasn't working. The maintenance guy had to come put freon in the unit. The room had an awful smell.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"room not clean"
when i entered the room , there was a peculiar smell in the room. The carpet look like that it has not been replaced in years. Bed was also smelly , and i didn't even use the comforter to cover myself. No soap or other toiletries in the bathroom.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
Hotel is not well kept. Rooms are nice size and have kitchens, but maintenance lacks. Morning hot breakfast is usualy gone before you get there and no juices, water and coffee only. Eggs, sausage, grits and hashbrowns if you are early. Lots of questionable people hanging around the complex. This could be a nice place if fixed up. Internet is poor at best.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"NICE HOTEL IN IRONDALE CLOSE TO MINI MALL."
MY EXPERIENCE WAS OK. THE SUITE WAS COMFORTABLE AND APARTMENT LIKE. MY FAMILY LIKED THE HOME FEEL. IT WAS CLOSE TO THE MAIN STORES AND FOOD RESTURANTS. WE WERE ALSO CLOSE TO SOME OF THE OTHER MALLS, STORES AND RESTURANTS LOCATED IN TRUSSVILLE. I WILL VIST AGAIN AND USED THIS HOTEL.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
trice
"Just one night on the road"
Ok, kind of like old apartments converted to a hotel
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Jack
"In dere need of updating"
Rime Garden was the premiere place to stay in the early late 90's and early 2000's, what happened? This place and rooms are in dere need of updating. Please, Please cut the grass around the place, and get the place painted, which would breathe a little life back into the place.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"no"
this place is a converted apartment complex. lots of people live here. not a hotel atmosphere.
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
george
"Disaster"
1st room air conditioner was broken, 2nd room hadn't been cleaned since last guest stayed, 3rd room was in the middle of having carpets cleaned with a powder, 4th and 5th room a worker at the hotel checked for us and told us they were not clean. We ended up having to take bed sheets from another room since the only one even close to clean had a bed that had been slept in.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Low income live in motel"
The ac was broken and the room was extremely dirty. The coffee table was smeared with suspicious white powder. This was probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Close to the highway"
Not a 3 star like expedia reported, maybe 20 years ago, however this is no longer a rateable hotel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
old TV's...no dvd connections
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
n.booker
"Horrible"
The hotel is the worst hotel I've been in. The first room the bed had a broken leg they changed our room and the second room you could only last 5 mins in the shower before the water got cold. I rented there cause they had kitchen when I got there with food they had nothing to cook in or anything in the kitchen. The rugs where dirty. The pool needs a major upgrade. It was just horrible.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013