All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here303 Sable Oaks Dr, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Overnight stay"
Overall an acceptable experience. The hotel and room was clean. The customer service was good. My only suggestion would be to extend the continental breakfast hours by an hour. They shut it down at 9:30am and an extra hour for vacationers without children would be appreciated. Other than that, its a great little hotel!
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
Geoff
"Great Place to Stop"
Hotel was perfect. Clean, Friendly Staff, Good Breakfast. Couldn't ask for more.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Bed was uncomfortable!"
The hotel was okay for the price we paid. The bed though was like sleeping on a rock. The firm pillows weren't firm at all. I got cramped up sleeping 1 night on the bed. It was awful. Other than that, the only suggestion would be to include a jacuzzi.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Airport hotel"
Got a good rate. Arrived late at night and was given the first room off of the lobby - across from the kitchen entrance. Was too tired to protest/request a room change. Lots of foot traffic early in the morning for breakfast. Otherwise, room/hotel was perfectly adequate.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
D
Clean, quiet and pleasant. Only slight disappointment was the breakfast.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great Portland Stay-Batchelorette Party"
Didn't spend much time in the Hotel, but had comfortable beds, clean rooms and breakfast in the morning. What else could you want.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
K
Great for people who need to get to the airport bright and early in the morning. The check out process is the fastest I have ever used and allowed me to catch a 5 AM flight on time!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
nice clean room and overall hotel, personnel were very pleasant and helpful , only complaint, sink in king suite is too small and thus very difficult to shave in
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Satisfied customer"
The hotel provided everything we needed. Convenience, cute economical room, fitness center and pool. Drawbacks: the room was a non-smoking room and it smelled like someone smoked in it. Could have used a freshen up prior to guests entering. I had to leave early in the morning so I missed out on breakfast that started at 6:30 and the fitness center that opened at 5:30. I needed to leave at 5:45 to make it on time to work. It would have been great if fitness center was open 24 hours. I would recommend this hotel though. It was a nice quick overnight stay and the price was very reasonable!
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Overbooked and Sent to another Hotel at 1AM"
This hotel apologized at 1AM for overbooking and had to find a local hotel with an opening to get my family members into an alternate hotel after a day of air travel. They did so and sent my 2 guests to the Comfort Inn, a short drive away. Ultimately, the low score is based on my specifically stating that they would be arriving LATE and that I wanted to be sure that this was not a factor in them potentially not receiving a room at that hour. I happened to call Hotels.com customer service in the middle of booking this stay. The gentleman I spoke with, who was quite helpful considering his call center in the Philippines was operating on energency power after a major typhoon passed through the area, responded to my concerns with, "Don't worry sir, your room will be waiting for you." The next day I was told by my two guests of their ordeal in being relocated to a new hotel in the area and was not at all happy about their late-night ordeal.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
"Overnighter on way to my vacation rental"
This stop was basicaly an overnighter while in transit to our final vacation destination. My main purpose was to find a place that was easy to get to following a long day of air travel, and get a comfortable night's sleep with a decent breakfast in the AM. We arrived near midnight, our room was on the second floor, close to the end of a long corridor, which made for less foot traffic if we happened to sleep in. Was a comfortable night, clean, quiet. My wife enjoyed a quick dip in the pool which she indicated was OK, but could have been cleaner in terms of the exposed tiles in the pool. Breakfast was better than average. If you are an eggs and bacon/sausage type person, I felt it was OK, actually not bad at all. It could have used some fresh cut-up fruit. Overall it was a pretty decent breakfast with good selection. Got me started for the day with a good meal. Value-wise it was on par for the price paid.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
"Half way to Quebec"
We stayed in the Portland, ME Holiday Inn Express and were very pleased with our room, location of hotel and services provided. The room was spacious and clean, plenty of room for our sixteen year old daughter and ourselves. The bathroom, though on the small side, did offer a full tub with the toilet in the same room. The sink was outside the bathroom but very convenient when one of us was showering, the other one could still wash up without disturbing the one in the shower. The kitchenette was adequate, fridge, microwave, dishes, glasses, cups, coffee maker and eating utensils. There was also a small table that made it easy to bring breakfast back to the room and a full sofa to relax and watch tv in the evenings. this hotel is conveniently close, yet still secluded, from the town center. A short drive, 5-10 mins. and you are in the heart of Portland with all it's shops and restaurants, mall stores etc. We would stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
LilyMystic
GOOD HOTEL...............................................................................................................................................................
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Not impressed"
The pool was nasty and they were not stocked with towels . They brought towels down 10 minutes after asking. One of the staff was friendly, the other was cold and rude. The a/c was broken, but got fixed at 10pm. The breakfast bar looked good, but the food was fake.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Spacious and clean. We booked for 2 rooms and the hotel arranged the 2 rooms next to each other and there is a door that opens in between! Saw a lot of family with kids stayed here. Closed to mall for shopping. Happy stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Jia
"Great experience"
Not a bad place to stay. Lots of shopping nearby, clean hotel, friendly staff.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Jaime
"Stayed for two nights with my two preteen boys"
The boys loved the separate living room and I liked being able to sleep while they played! The pool was smaller than most but the boys liked it being indoors so they could have fun while it rained outside. The free breakfast is between a continental and a buffet, not the best selection but so much more than a simple continental plus it is included which saved money and time. We plan on staying here again in the future.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Bobby
"Great, clean hotel, with nice pool too."
We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was nice and clean and the pool was nice too (not freezing like many hotel pools) and a decent size. The rooms were spacious also. My parents and children were all very happy with everything. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Mom of 4
"close to shpping mall and all restaurants"
it was a great stay, it was just one night but my wife and i loved it. we needed to get away from connecticut, the hotel was better than i expected
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
A good hotel close to the airport. The hotels shuttle service was excellent. Room was nice however the bed and linens need to be upgraded.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
RD
Beds weren't as comfy as I would have liked, but for the price it was a good room. Pull out couch bed was a joke, feel bad for my kids that had to sleep on it. Pool was a little small, but it was warm and clean and well stocked with fresh towels. Staff was very nice and helpful. Nice breakfast in the mornings. All in all a decent hotel and I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
T
"3 stars today, another day maybe it could be 5"
This was a nice hotel and the rooms were clean and newly remodeled. My problem was I paid for a King suite but was given the handicap accessible room. It was posted on Hotels.com and I DID NOT sign up for that room. When we entered the room the toilet was running. I pulled the lid off and adjusted the chain on the toilet but the refill was very very slow. I was worried we would hear it all night long running so I called the front desk. When I said I had problems with the toilet, they offered me a plunger to fix the problem MYSELF. I explained the problem, then I got the impression the knew what the problem was already and said jiggling the handle sometimes works. I told them that I had already adjusted the chain. When I asked about changing rooms they said they were booked (5pm). Eventually the toilet filled so I called to let them know I fixed the problem and sending someone up was not a necessary. Bottom line, the staff messed this up. If they had just explained the problem and apologized I would be writing a much nicer review. But I felt like they lied to me and hoped the problem would go away by avoiding it (all while being very friendly). My second problem was the mattress was terrible. It needs to be replaced. It was high in the middle and slopped off to either side. The "free" breakfast wasn't great. If they simplify it (cut out items) and focus on maintaining better quality it could have been much better. There is an iHop nearby that would have been a better option.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
"great!"
Perfect for a family traveling with a pet. Friendly staff, clean facility, quiet rooms.
2 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
Very convenient location to many different attractions. The continental breakfast had hot food. Room was spotless and plenty of space. Had a great time. The pool was nice and warm without being too hot.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Heidi
"convenient & close to attractions"
Room was clean & had everything we needed. Free breakfast was great, large selection!! One negative, the ice machine was in the laundry room, thought that was kind of strange!!
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Friendly Staff"
The staff here were very friendly, professional, and accommodating for the weekend we stayed. The room smelled a bit musty and the pillows were not in the best shape, though I am sure if we'd called down to request new ones, we could have gotten them no problem. The location was great- with easy access to 295 and into downtown Portland. I didn't hear the airplanes from the airport at all. We would stay here again...though it would be nice if they opened the windows to air out rooms.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
MassTraveler
"P.V."
It was great but I didn't feel the room was clean enough. There was some type of smell in the room...hallway. I guess the carpet needs a shampoo. Otherwise everything fine
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Well worth the stay"
Good accommodations for a small family; friendly service and good breakfast...coffee always...very important.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Joan
"Worked for what we needed, but"
Room looked clean on surface, until one of our party noticed a dead fly stuck to one of the pictures...yuck; and Housekeeping had to have missed a small item inadvertently left behind in one of the beds...that definitely did NOT belong to hotel...I called about it, but not found? Well, I hope next guest enjoys Snuffles. Overall, ok stay; fridge in room was a mini, could have used a real one. Breakfast was not great, but then only one of our party was there long enough to partake of it, since everyone else had to travel. Would probably stay there again, if price was right, though. Convenient location.
1 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2014
"Very pleasantly stay!"
We expected an very ordinary room near a Mall. It was actually in a wooded setting with a nice big suite. We will be back.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Hotel management changed the "wi-fi' password and did not notify anyone
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Convenient"
There was some mix up with the room... and did not get what we originally booked. So cramped quarters for our stay. Staff did try to help with roll away but that just made it more cramped and uncomfortable. However, they did try!
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
Jamie
"Easy access to 95."
Room was very nice, a little noisy from the planes taking off. I have stayed there before and did not notice it, but seemed a little noisy.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
"OK hotel"
The facility was quite comfortable over all, though the pillows were awful and the bed not nearly as comfortable as beds in other hotels I have been in recently. The breakfast was a C- Pre-made egg omelettes were leathery, sausage, too--small fruit selection and just OK breads. The clerk at the desk when I arrived at midnight was exceptionally CLUELESS-- insisting that since my reservation was for the 23rd and I was technically checking in on the 22nd, I was a day early ( it was just past midnight......so It WAS the 23rd...) and then she asked for vehicle information after watching me pay my taxi driver.... but I guess I am glad she is the night clerk.. and has a job.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Close to Portland and shopping"
Great Staff and very clean. We use the gym. The second day short on the towels
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Very good quality"
A very good quality hotel, in the process of updating. Some old facilities some new, good value and good clean rooms . Breakfast was good but basic .
Other trip May 19, 2014
Great room service was great. Had fun in the indoor pool with my granddaughter. The water was warm and pool area was very clean
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Deb
"A good spot for a lay over"
Hotel is fine for a night or two while out on business. Cleanliness was ok, buidling was in good repair and the room was decent. Nothing outstanding but no issues either.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
"Suited our needs to a tee!"
The only disappointment was the lack of a hot tub because most indoor pool hotels include one. My husband was having back pain and we were hoping to get him relief before our morning flight. The hotel was pleasant and clean.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Child friendly hotel with easy access"
We had a great stay with 3 families and six children, all felt welcome and well regarded. The pool was clean and provided great entertainment, despite the somewhat small size of the pool and deck areas.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Neat, quiet, very nice"
Everything about this hotel was absolutely wonderful EXCEPT when I arrived, laden with baggage, and the front desk gal was too busy ordering her lunch on the phone to acknowledge me and another guest. Good thing I didn't let that turn me off totally, because the stay was great. Very clean, very quiet, and just nice.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
JMN
"Good hotel at airport"
Stayed overnight before and after recent trip. Very large and comfortable rooms, extremely quiet and very efficient staff. Will choose this again when staying at Portland airport.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2014
"Very quick trip"
While we arrived after 10:00 p.m. and left early the next morning our stay was nice. Hotel was comfortable and quiet. Room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was more than adequate!
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"large clean room"
The room was large and comfortable and it included free breakfast. Location was near mall . Check in and out was fast and clerks were friendly.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
Judy
"Very nice hotel"
Enjoyed my stay, actually had a free breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, not just dry pastries, place was very nice, the only complaint I have is that the beds in my room were like sleeping on a stone slab, my back was very soar and didn't sleep well the first couple nights, but they had 4 pillows per bed, and I had 2 beds in my room, so I put the pillows on the bed and slept on the pillows, thus making the bed softer, but all in all, very nice place, would go back again
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Nice rooms & location, peaceful... very relaxing."
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were cozy. Thank you for a nice visit.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2014
Steven Taton
"Nice rooms & location, peaceful... very relaxing."
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2014
Steven Taton
"Out of Order"
When I made this booking, I made sure to chose a hotel with a pool for my daughter (age 8) & her friend. Upon arrival, we came through the back entrance and had to pass the pool area which had an 'Out of Order' sign on the door. Then staff were courteous, offering a shuttle to the nearby Marriot - but at 35-40 degrees (and thats WARM in Maine!) who wants to be wet & outside in February? Needless to say, I got much more complaining than the staff from a disappointed 8 year old.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Chandra
"very confortable and quiet."
I have stayed in four express hotels in the last month and they are excellent. I would stay in them again.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"close to Maine Mall and restaurantsWW"
We really enjoyed our stay. Everything was fine.
1 night trip Feb 3, 2014