All hotels in Medford, Massachusetts, United States of America
116 Riverside AveMedfordMA02155United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

• Value for money
    Good internet service
    Rather comfortable
Staff was very, very nice...the best part of the stay. Hotel is a little difficult to get to due to round-a-bouts....but breakfast was good and the staff from front desk to crew in the kitchen are excellent!
3 night trip Nov 7, 2015
"Safe & Friendly"
Cute walkable main street area. Seemed very safe and friendly
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
"Great service and breakfast!"
Enjoyable stay. The service and breakfast were great. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in the Boston area. The only complaint I had was that the tv was not situated properly. I had a room with double beds and the tv was in front of a beam to the far left of the beds as opposed to in the center. All in all, I would recommend.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Nice room, very close to 93 and easy to get downtown. Fitness center is quite small. Parking costs extra. Overall, convenient and comfortable.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2015
"Good But Not Great"
Stayed here for a night while visiting Tufts and the location was excellent for that purpose. The hotel itself was mildly disappointing, with an ice cold pool, very few outlets in the room, and an ineffective but friendly staff. The beds and couch were comfortable and the noise was minimal. I think that we would consider staying there again, but it was not what we hoped for given the price and positive ratings.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
"Decent"
Seemed like the best option for a visit to Tufts. The room was large and we liked the big couch area. The separate shower/toilet and sink areas were not that appealing to us (Dad shaving in front of everyone..). The air conditioner was NOISY, which had the advantage of masking the road noise (the room actually came with ear plugs--what does that say?). The staff were super nice and parking was free but the "free" breakfast was mediocre at best.
Other trip Nov 6, 2015
"Good for business trips"
This was a business trip and the hotel served its purpose. It was a bit far from the financial district, so you would have to time traffic well.
3 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
Danielle
"Medford Hyatt, MA"
The hotel was fine. However, since it was a weekend, breakfast should have ended later than 9:30; however, breakfast was excellent. Also the hotel needed a larger bar for drinks.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Henry
"Visiting my son at college"
Staff was very helpful and the hotel was in a very convenient location. The room wasn't huge but wasn't cramped... It was very short ride to my son's dorm room and in walking distance to some decent dining options.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"Hope to Never Return"
There was a considerable wait to check in as one of the two staff members at the front desk was focused on selling beer & snacks. My room smelled like someone had spilled cheap cologne on the carpet. The mirrored closet door had come off the track but no one bothered to fix it. The sink was chipped, and it looked like there was mold growing on the mottled floor of the shower (so I stood on a towel). And while I only saw one silverfish scurrying around the bathroom, I wondered if there were more. I would not recommend this hotel. It needs a deep clean and repairs. I
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
S.D.
"Clean and roomy"
Our room was more spacious than expected, even with the king bed. The desk and large couch with ottoman were likewise unexpected bonuses. The staff at the front desk (Tony in particular) were unfailingly helpful and polite. The room was always clean during our 4 day stay. I'd rate the hotel a 5, except the complimentary breakfast buffet was nothing special, even lacking staples such as eggs and bacon or sausage.
4 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
mark
"Weekend trip to visit daughter at Harvard"
the staff was great! My only problem was 3 things.....1.one of the 2 elevators was not working and it took way to long to get either up or down. 2. when I ordered food it took long to prepare and it also wasn't correct and 3. I brought up breakfast to the room and when I returned that night(after midnight) the dishes were exactly where I left them. So, that makes me question the cleanliness of the hotel and my room.
4 night family trip Oct 21, 2015
Aryn
"OK hotel"
Hotel is fine. Needs better staffing - I've been here before and the staffing was better at that time. I arrived at 10:30pm after a long 6 hour drive and waited twenty minutes to be acknowledged by the one girl who was at the front desk. She was helping two guests in front of me get late-night snacks. Apparently she thought I was waiting for snacks also because when I told her I was checking in, she was surprised. Checking also took about 15 minutes. Staffer could not manage multi-tasking / checking me in, people asking her questions, phones ringing. All I wanted was to get to my room and crash! One of the elevators was out; we ended up using the stairs most of the time (5th floor). Breakfast offerings looked better than the last time I was there, although the "fresh fruit" still looks like it comes from a can. Not much else to choose from in Medford, so you're kind of stuck. But for $250/night it could be improved.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Friendly and Courteous Staff who were very helpful when asking for directions or places to go. Neighborhood was a little scary after dark. Workout room was a little thin on equipment. Always spacious rooms at the Hyatt. Like the layout.
3 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
"Great service!"
It was very easy and pleasant.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Elena
"Good deal for Boston stays"
We really loved this hotel. If ever in Boston we'll stay here again. Great hotel for the price.
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
"Great Hotel, Great Service"
Big rooms. Staff was very helpful. They have a shuttle to Tufts. Walking distance to downtown Medford which has a terrific little Mexican restaurant. We would definitely stay here again. Great place!
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Elise
"Convenient location, good neighborhood..."
Completely satisfied. Good choice for business staying.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
"Good for a short stay"
Decent breakfast, good coffee, had better in regards to having a cook on sight for omelettes, and bacon/ sausage
2 night family trip Oct 13, 2015
Catherine
"Good not Great."
Good not great. There was a general lack of attention to detail at this Hotel. Carpets soiled, table tops filth etc. Staff was accommodating and very cordial but hotel needed attention.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Juventino
Great experience overall
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Thuy
"OK for what I needed the hotel for.."
A little pricey for the location and amenities. The front desk is also the snack/bar . I didn't like the fact that I had to wait while someone cleaned up dishes, etc before walking over to me to check me in. I have never encountered this in all my years or travel.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Stayed here to take grandchildren into the Boston Opera House. The staff were extremely accommodating. Drivers were very friendly. Michelle & Tony at the front desk were EXCEPTIONAL! They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed (6 of us, so we needed extra shampoo, etc.) The free breakfast was a bit chaotic, not enough tables, ran out of coffee, not the best selection. Overall extremely happy with our stay. The kids loved the pool. We ordered pizza from Pinkie's and it was fabulous, they even delivered to the pool area.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"A little tired, but good breakfast"
It was fine for being close to where our daughter lives, but the area is very quiet. The hotel is due for a remodel and that is supposed to start in November. The complimentary breakfast was really good!
4 night family trip Oct 7, 2015
"Terrible representative - lacking"
Terrible terrible service -greeted by a terrible representative he was extremely rude, disrespectful, felt unwelcome, overall he was disgusting lacking in customer service skills- arrived early morning, prior to arrival asked them if possible to check in earlier than the actual check in time was told there won't be any problem- once arrived basically was told by this rude bafoon representative to leave and he showed us the door - be careful when booking if you have special request get everything in writing!!!!
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
MBA
"Tour Boston"
Staff helpful with directions and suggestions. Very grateful for timely shuttle service. Excellent breakfast selection. Room/bed very nice. Disappointed no laundry facility on site but staff offered to send it out.
4 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
The free shuttle was a nice service. Timeliness was a little bit of a problem. One of the drivers was texting at red lights and she drove a bit too recklessly. Overall a good place to stay. Nice breakfast and friendly accommodating staff
5 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Jane
"very good !!!"
We were only for 1 night but the service was excellent, very clean, good breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
Cecilia
We had a wonderful time. Highly recommend this hotel. Pleasant, helpful staff! LOVE the fact that shuttle service was provided free of charge to and from nearby subway stations. Thank you, Hyatt!
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
jackie r
"Affordable Boston accommodations"
Rita at the front desk greeted us and was a great resource.
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
"We loved our stay!"
My family and I stayed for a few nights while we trekked around Boston and Salem. The location was nice as it was possible to walk to many restaurants in a reasonable amount of time. The staff were kind and helpful and agreed to keep our bags prior to check-in so we didn't have to lug them around while we explored which was greatly appreciated. They also offer a shuttle service which runs every half hour; we utilized this to get to the closest subway station which we used to get into and around Boston. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast is also offered with fruit, warm sandwiches, and the other usual options. Starbucks coffee and alcohol is also offered at the bar across from the breakfast room. We really enjoyed our stay and I would highly recommend this place to others.
3 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Courtney
"Home away from home !"
I really enjoyed my stay here. This hotel was so comfortable in many ways. The people there are so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing. Lots of options to choose from. Food service is 24-7 availability. Beautiful set up in the rooms. The bed was so....comfortable! If you ever have to go to Boston, this is the place you want to stay in. Highly recommend it. ❤
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
sonia
"Family Visit"
Brief visit to visit family. Hotel was comfortable. It was quite crowded while we were there. Breakfast buffet very nice. Hot food available. Quite good. Room adequate, spacious.
5 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Donald
"Convenient to Boston"
Took the family to Boston for sightseeing. This hotel was much, much cheaper then ones closer to Boston. I was concerned the hotel would be inconvenient but it was awesome. They provide a free shuttle to the Wellington T station and it's just a short ride into Boston from there. Very convenient for Boston and great price.
3 night family trip Sep 23, 2015
"Decent hotel near downtown Boston"
Hyatt Place in Medford is close to Boston, if you're looking for an affordable hotel within10 minutes of downtown. Although the rate was approximately $188 nightly on the hotel's site, we paid $137.00 a night through go book.com. Paying any more than $140.00 would not be justified based on the hotel condition. The room we were assigned on the second floor had a strong musty smell and the window was filthy. I asked for a different room and the staff was apologetic and accommodating by assigning a different room of the 7th floor. We were in a handicap room, with 2 queen beds, that comfortably slept two adults. There as also a small refridgerator that was convenient. The only strange thing about the room was that the shower tub was very narrow and curved on the bottom, which made standing difficult for a healthy, average framed person. I don't know how an older or physically challenged person could use the tub.The breakfast was good and offered a nice variety. There was plenty of seating between the various lobby areas. The train, while centrally located, runs every 2 hours during the weekend into downtown Boston. For this reason, we drove and parked. We found reasonable weekend parking rates using google maps. The hotel was fine but could use remodeling to be consistent with the Hyatt brand image.Based on the price paid and proximity to the city, it is a good option near the downtown area.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Anne Louise
Very convenient & pleasant
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Garret
"A Mixed Bag"
I'm pretty hard on hotels. I would use this hotel again despite some of its problems, which is why I rated it a 4 rather than a 3. It's probably a 3.5. The rooms need some refreshing. The shower surround in our room was cracked and mold was growing in the crack. The rooms are not well laid out. The sink is outside the bathroom, and the room containing the tub and toilet is so small that you can literally just turn around in it. There is only one place to use a computer, not good if each member of a couple has their own computer. There are almost no accessible plugs, and charging 2 phones, a tablet, and two laptops is not at all easy. There is no microwave, but there is a mini-fridge. As far as services go, the free breakfast is very good. The free newspapers include USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. Parking, free with a Hotels.com reservation, includes either underground garage parking or surface parking in back (which we found to be more convenient). Unfortunately, WiFi is DSL speed, unacceptable by modern standards. Interestingly, there is a control panel so you can connect a laptop via HDMI cable to the TV so any content you stream can be displayed on the large screen -- but I wonder if the WiFi speed would support uninterrupted streaming. Certainly not for HD content. There aren't many hotels in the Medford-Somerville area, and we think this one is the best of what's available.
3 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Doug
"Not worth the money"
Appeared to be a renovated old hotel. A.C. In the room was noisy. The hotel provided a pair of foam ear plugs on the night stand!!! First time experience. Public area in the hotel was crowded. Breakfast quality was so so.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
Great hotel,nice staff and the breakfast was amazing!
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Fatoumata
"A bit used but good"
We really enjoyed our stay but wish that things had not looked so run down. There were stains on our floor, lots of wear and tear in the room and it just was kind of sad looking. The service was great, the breakfast was delicious and the staff was very helpful and kind. There were some amazing restaurants nearby that we frequented and it was a great, spacious spot to come back to after exploring Boston all day.
5 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Shannon
"Ok hotel close to Tufts."
Stayed here during a college visit to Tufts. It was a very easy commute. The beds were very comfortable but the hotel is in need of upgrades.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Marty
"Nice hotel centrally located."
Our experience was good as always as we stay there a lot. The hotel has now started charging $10/day for parking which seems like a gouge as there is a tremendous amount of parking there and one of the reasons we chose the hotel. I doubt we will stay there again with this added expense.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Nice & friendly staff. Convienty located"
We found a great restraunt on Salem St. Fappiano's. Check it out on line!
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Judy
"Nice place to stay"
It is difficult to reach downtown. There is free shuttle to davis station. Sometimes we waited for long time because hotel has only one shuttle. Breakfast was nice but it would be better if they provide variety in food. We made same type breakfast every day.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
serap
"Disappointing"
Staff at front desk looked frazzled. We were the only ones at the counter, but it took a long time to check in. We were not given any information. We had to ask about parking, ask where the elevator was to get to the room, ask about check out time, etc. The room set up was nice. It had a seating area, desk and small refrigerator on one side and separated from that area was the bed, sink and bathroom. Unfortunately, the furniture was OLD and very dusty. So much so, that we couldn't sit on it without seeing dust. The room itself was very disappointing, it could have been cleanier.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Would stay again"
Overall stay was great, room comfy and clean, breakfast was good, and staff was very attentive. The location was extremely convenient to Tufts University and the shuttle was nice to drop off there and the subway stop. Only once did we have to wait 15 or so minutes. Only downfall, our room was next to the elevator and while it wasn't noisy from other guests waiting for the elevator, the noise from the elevator shaft woke us up several times the first night. Also, our TV wouldn't turn on, we had to call the front desk and someone had to come up to do something behind it every time to turn it on, which they always did immediately. It was still a pain. They offered to give us a credit for the inconvenience, but because it was booked through a third party, he didn't know how to do it.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Angela
"No washing facilities"
This was a decent hotel. It was clean, good location and the staff were very helpful and accommodating. Our only complaint was that there were not any laundry facilities in the hotel which was VERY inconvenient since we were traveling for 2 weeks along the east coast. There are laundramats in the area but you had to have your clothes in by 8:00! We rarely got back to our room that early. There were also no microwaves in the rooms.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Excelent!"
Excelent!
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Nice alternative to pricy downtown hotels."
Stayed here on family vacation. Great location close to Boston but not the premium price. They offer a free shuttle to the subway station. Has underground parking garage that is very safe and secure. Good location close to freeway.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Best place on our trip!"
We originally planned for two nights but the staff worked with us to extend our stay by one more day. The room was very large, the bed very comfortable, and the foldout bed was huge! The staff was extremely attentive and helpful. The maids were respectful when we were still in the room, the front desk was wonderful no matter what we needed - our daughter had an ear infection and they helped us find a doctor. The café staff made meals all day long and their Brie and mushroom soup was awesome! Our only downside was the pool - it was extremely cold and the way the windows were arranged made it feel like we were being watched. Odd, but with all of the other great parts about this hotel, I'm not willing to lower a rating. And did I mention the breakfast?!? Excellent, hot , different dishes, as well as the old standards. Overall, this hotel is worth it's weight in peace of mind!
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015