All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America

Quite clean
    Good internet service
    Awesome vibe
    Bad pool
"Great Service and Good Value with Top Location"
Perfect location and a great restaurant and bar. I was surprised that the hotel was a good value and had friendly service despite being trendy. I had difficulty booking my stay through hotels.com and I inadvertently ended up with two bookings unbeknownst to me. Thankfully, as we were checking out the front desk alerted me and they were super helpful cancelling the errant reservation.
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Matthew
"Great Hotel!"
We were greeted by Gary, a very professional, friendly and efficient doorman and felt welcomed right away! Check in was speedy which was great since we had been on a long flight. The room was clean, and a good size! Huge shower, fluffy robes and slippers were also a nice treat. We ate dinner at Nico's which was excellent. The breakfast offering in the morning is also well done. Another smiling, friendly server was there to take our orders. This is an awesome hotel with an outstanding staff!
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2016
GERIANN
My stay was great.. I will go back to Chicago in the Summertime.. Will probably stay there..
2 night romance trip Jan 20, 2016
Omar
"Very enjoyable weekend"
From the moment we pulled up, the staff was very friendly. The doormen, bell service & valet attendant were all very friendly. Easy check in. Our room was spacious & comfortable. You can't beat this location, just steps away from from great places to dine & have drinks.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Terri
"Almost perfect stay"
My Mother and I had an almost perfect stay while in town to visit House of Blues Chicago. I loved the unique art in the hotel, the staff was very helpful, and the bar is beautiful downstairs. Our room also had great, modern remodeled furnishings. The hotel in general gives off a great vibe. My only complaint is cleanliness. When we arrived to our room, there was a used room service tray with smelly food sitting outside my door, which I had to push away to enter. This was rather disenchanting and surprising for the quality of the hotel. When I left an hour later, someone had picked it up. I also found dark hairs on one of the pillows in my bed, which was also unfortunate. Otherwise, the bed was comfortable.
1 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
Lauren
"Another great stay at Thomson"
This is a nice hotel in a very convenient location, service is always great.
1 night family trip Jan 14, 2016
Ivonne
I was very satisfied with my accommodation. The beds & pillows delightful. I want the mattress & pillows for my home. I slept like a baby. If I could upgrade or change anythiing it would be the shower. I'm from Vegas Chicago is cold. Not having doors on the shower mistake. All the steam escaped so needless to say I'm not a fan of cold showers. The staff friendly & well informed. I would definitely stay again.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2015
Lindy
Nothing but great things to say about our stay. The staff was extremely accommodating, great location. Will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Ginny
Need to pay more attention as to which items to the items in the room. Guest robes were soiled.
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2015
"Even Fido Was Made To Feel At Home"
We traveled with our 2 dogs this Christmas and couldn't find this hotel more accommodating. The doormen were happy to hold the leash of our French Bulldog while I fiddled with my purse and computer bag, and then proceeded to walk her into the hotel and up to the front desk. Requests for in room dining and luggage delivery was handled quickly and expertly. All the staff was pleasant and easy to deal with. Will no doubt be back again, with or without our four legged family members.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
"Excellent place to stay!!"
A night to celebrate Christmas with friends usually stay at different places throughout the city but no more!! This place has the perfect location, rooms and staff will be our place to go every time!!!
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2015
Pam
"A night at the Thompson!!"
It was great.We wanted a romantic getaway for his birthday but wanted to stay in the city,,It was a night to remember!!
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
Charlyn
"Fantastic hotel experience at the Thompson!"
Wow. What a fantastic hotel! We visit Chicago several times each year and have stayed in many wonderful hotels throughout the city, however the Thompson has seriously raised the bar. Customer service was stellar. Every staff member we encountered where warm, welcoming and incredibly friendly. The concierge was spot on for dinning recommendations and we were able to utilize their wonderful house sedan car service one evening. Our King City View room on the 21st floor was spotless, spacious and beautifully designed. The décor is hip and cool and we appreciated all the thoughtful lighting options throughout, especially the perfectly subtle night lite in the bathroom. We also loved and enjoyed the quirky artwork :) The bed was super dreamy with top-notch linens and great pillows. Our bathroom was large with a huge walk-in shower. We had plenty of fluffy towels and the bath products are nice. Housekeeping was excellent. We had a lovely view of the city and the lake from the floor to ceiling windows. Wi-Fi was good. Hotel location is excellent as well. It’s right off Rush Street. Close to many great restaurants, bars and shopping. EPIC Chicago Deep Dish pizza just steps away at Lou Malnati’s and there’s an iconic Original Pancake House right across the street. We did not dine at the in-house restaurant (Nico) but we understand it’s excellent. Michigan Ave is just around the corner and is SO beautiful during Christmastime.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
TRACEY
"Perfect Hotel to enjoy the nicer parts of the city"
I wasn't really sure where to stay and after reading the reviews I chose The Thompson for our couples getaway, and we were NOT disappointed. The location could not be more perfect. The goldcoast is the perfect place to walk around at all hours and it's close to Michigan Avenue as well. The doormen ALWAYS greeted us and had a cab waiting constantly should we need to travel more then 1 mile away from the hotel. The room was spacious, comfortable, and the restaurant Nico is delicious. We would absolutely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Farryl
"Great location and nice hotel"
Great location!! Great service! The mirror in the bedroom had hand marks on it when we checked in and there was a bottle of champagne unopened left for a previous guest that never showed up. The staff was kind enough to comp us a new bottle of champagne because of the mistake. Good place to stay while in Chicago.
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Garrick
We loved the Thompson Hotel near Rush Street !! One small drawback for myself and my 2 grown daughters was the lack of privacy in the shower. If one was in the open shower, the other could not continue with makeup and hair because of the glass walled shower and openness of it. There was a small shelf and mirror outside the bathroom, but the lighting there was not conducive to putting one's makeup on. As time was of the essence, 3 women getting ready to see a play, we decided to throw one the hotel bathrobes over the glass shower wall and although it did not reach to one's knees, there was somewhat a feeling of privacy while the others utilized the mirrors in the bathroom for makeup. One other small detail. The lighting in the room lamps was very nice for romance, but lightbulbs with a choice of light levels would be most appreciated. Other than those two details...........don't change a thing ! We definitely will be staying with you in the future; have already told friends how lovely it was. thank you.
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
mary pat
"Amazing hotel tucked away in an awesome location"
Amazing hotel in an amazing location!
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
"AMAZING!"
We're Chicago people and stay at the Trump, FourSeasons and more throughout the year on Business and fun with the family. The Thompson is still a topic 2 days later after just a 1 night stay. Keep it up T!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
Timothy
"Fantastic property"
Beautiful and comfortable rooms, amazing large showers, great location and fantastic staff. Couldn't ask for more. This was my second stay and won't be my last!
1 night business trip Nov 29, 2015
Fun hotel close to everything.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
sandy
"Possibly a new favorite hotel"
Great hotel, we had a room with lake view - worth the money!
4 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Rune Sixtus
"One of the best"
Beautiful room with floor to ceiling windows and a nice view of the city. The lobby entrance and the bar are very nice and the restaurant Nico has amazing food. Overall one of the best hotel in Chicago.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2015
Jose
It was great..I absolutely love the decor and feel of the place
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
Top notch
1 night trip with friends Nov 17, 2015
Not Provided
"It was great!"
Great hotel! Great staff! Great decor! I would stay there again!
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Nice and modern in the penthouse"
Just a quick night over in Chicago, and I'm always looking for something new to try. The Thompson is in a great location, and the rooms are very nice and modern. We ended up in the penthouse with great views. I'd recommend it again!
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2015
"Excellent Hotel!"
The hotel was outstanding. And the location is great.
1 night trip with friends Nov 17, 2015
Terry
"Best Value in Best Chicago Location!!"
Great Hotel!! Very clean!! Great location!!!
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Matthew
"Great Chicago hotel!"
This was my first time staying at the Thompson and I'll definitely be back. All of the staff I encountered were super friendly. The lobby, bar and restaurant areas are all very inviting. The room was very large, modern and comfortable. The hotel is located in a fantastic area, surrounded by great restaurants, bars, shops and nightlife. Can't say enough good things about my stay. Looking forward to a retun trip.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
"Close to excellent."
Everything was great until we found a dirty used toothpick in the room service menu. Gross.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
Christina
"Good choice"
Everything was excellent, location is great. BUT It should have a breakfast buffet like every hotel has....
4 night romance trip Nov 12, 2015
"What a gem!"
This was my first stay at this hotel. Of course there are dozens to choose from in the area. I was trying to choose something reasonably close to Lurie Children's Hospital where I was attending a two day conference, but wanted to leave myself a little walk. I can't say enough about the delightful gentleman (Gary), who welcomed me in and out several times, and the front desk staff ~ just nice, friendly people. I had a weird clicking sound coming from my thermostat upon my arrival, and the woman at the desk immediately had someone there checking it out, assuring me that there should be no disturbing noises in the room. Sure enough, when I returned, it was fixed; might have been related to the thermostat sensing that a person had entered the room, but at any rate, there was not a flinch from this nice woman. Nice bar area with delightful bartenders, plenty of restaurants nearby w/in walking distance, as well as a nice restaurant in the hotel; I had a quick breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the gentleman who served me was beyond fantastic. Everything nearby is very pricey, but it's what I expect when I travel to Chicago. Relative to some other hotels in the area, this room price was very reasonable. Room was very nice, quiet, very interesting artwork. I suppose I did notice, no in room coffee maker, but that's never a deal breaker for me. I'd stay here again anytime.
2 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
quick getaway with teens- everyone loved the hotel friendly staff, great location and ambience would go back
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"First time to stay but not the last!"
Excellent hotel in an excellent location. The hotel is just as "cool & funky" as the photos depict but it doesn't end there. Spacious room with an incredibly comfortable bed and a rain-head shower; I really didn't want to leave and was happy I got to stay for four nights. The folks staffing the hotel were also truly friendly, helpful and welcoming; everyone from the front desk to the concierge to the doormen to the Town Car driver (the ever-dapper Louis) to the waiters in the restaurant- it left a very positive impression and one which will certainly ensure I come back again in future. Great dining options in the area (be sure to go to Nico's and order the Artichoke Breakfast Sandwich; I liked it so much I ordered one to go for my flight home and was the envy of my seat mates as a result), lots of shopping opportunities, and the free Town Car service were added perks. A true gem in the Gold Coast!
4 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
Wendy
"Love this hotel"
We've stayed here several times and will no doubt return. The hotel is modern but very warm. We stay in the King Corner room which has a fabulous view. Close restaurants and shopping and just a quick cab ride to museums and theaters. Very accessible to the lakefront path.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2015
Leigh Ann
"Fantastic"
wonderful
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Cheryl
"Great hotel in great location"
Conversion from Sutton Place to Thompson was a real upgrade, and we liked Sotton Place! Staff from front door to desk and others all were terrific. Can't beat this neighborhood in Chicago.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
What a great area. Hotel is clean, Stylish and comfortable. Rooms are a nice size. Overall a solid hotel. Would be more than happy to stay there again.
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
"Will definitely stay there again!"
Beautifully decorated hotel with spacious rooms and really friendly staff! It's also a great location! We also like bed the bar at this hotel:)
2 night romance trip Oct 27, 2015
"Amazing customer service"
Great customer service!
4 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Reagan
Thompson Hotel is top notch! I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure while in Chicago!
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
Cheryl
Great fun place to stay for a quick getaway. Super trendy hotel in a very busy and trendy area. Easy access to the Mag Mile and all sorts of restaurants. Nice hotel bar that stayed busy until after 1am. Good size room with oversize shower was very luxurious.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Patrick
Great location!!!
4 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
wonderful hotel. best location in chicago. will stay again without question!
2 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
"spectacular, well-situated, luxury"
fabulous place to stay, but pricey for most of us mortals. the staff pretty much falls over itself to be sure you're getting served. super clean, largest hotel bath i've ever seen. the wifi was a little glitchy, and i don't have that problem with other hotels.
2 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
Hugh
We live in the City but wanted a night away from our small kids. The location can't be beat, and the room was great. The shower was large and spacious, and has C.O.Bigalow products -which I love. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Megan
I have stayed at several hotels in The Lincoln Park area, but now I regularly book the Thompson. The location is convenient for my purposes; the rooms are comfortable and quiet; the WIFI is free; but what makes this hotel truly special is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. It starts at the front door with the cheery doormen and continues through the smiling front desk clerks and housekeepers.
3 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
Alice
"Perfect"
Fantastic in every way. Great rooms, great decor. Great location. Perfect.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
"Love the SFERRA sheets!"
Love the Sferra sheets, none better!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
Loved Loved the hotel, such a great neighborhood, I used to live right around the corner on Dearborn and Elm and was so happy to be here again. Everything in walking distance, great food and shops all around. The hotel decor was amazing, so cool. The room was great, very clean, good shower products, loved the shower itself..except, as a woman, there was no place to shave my legs...need a ledge or something in the shower. Other than that, no complaints, would definitely recommend and stay here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015