All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1176 Granville St, Granville and Davie St, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1L8, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Decent stay"
I think some of the negative reviews are over rated. Although the hotel is older, it was quite comfortable and the desk agents were quite helpful. Location was great for getting around town.
5 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Not what you expect"
This hotel was in the center of downtown where all the bars and clubs are.. We traveled on a Sunday so thankfully the scene wasn't going on however if traveling on the weekend I would expect it to be very loud and walking through drunk people on your way back. When we arrived the first thing we saw was a lady with no shoes and rats walking all over her, it was quite the experience. The staff was not friendly in fact they only gave us 3 towels for 4 people in a room which we paid for and gave us attitude when we requested an extra towel. The hallways and rooms smell musty. Spend the extra money and stay at an airbnb or a nicer hotel this place was a dump.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2015
"HOJO in Vancouver"
The room was a bit small but overall clean and tidy. Staff was pleasant and helpful. he smoke in the hallway sucked. Must have been smoking rooms on my floor.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Craig
"2nd look"
Not what was expected, pictures more nicer
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"great location"
perfect for us, since we wanted to sight see . perfect place to lay our head. central location.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
The room was great, only problem was a.c. was out, but at least it had fans. The city was awesome, very friendly environment.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Warren
Enjoyed stay! Bathroom wasn't tidy but front desk service was excellent. Great location.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
CHANTEL
"Adequate."
Polite front desk staff. Room was small, smelled musty upon entry. Odor was likely due to the black mold in the bathroom that had been painted over. Water temperature fluctuated constantly, and the window looked out into a narrow alley space, directly into other rooms. The comforter and sheets were a bit itchy, and I'd rather not venture to guess why. Several dispensaries and run down shops on the same block might indicate the kind of neighborhood to expect.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Benjamin
"Great location but not the best hotel"
Stayed here during the World Cup cause it was least expensive for the area. We got into town about an hour before check-in and found out that parking was soldout. Good thing is that there was other pay parking spots in the area that is walking distance. The room was a decent size but still small. I have never opened a door into a room that was close to hitting the bed. They do not have 24 hr housekeeping so getting extra towels we had to wait until 8am, when they showed up. Once they showed up, it was promptly delivered. The bar next door is pretty nice but there are plenty of places to drink/eat in the area. I first felt sketchy about the area cause there are two marijana stores and an adult store across the street. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would probably stay here again if there weren't anything else better for the price.
1 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2015
Andy
"Unpleasant"
Arrived very late on a Saturday evening. There is a dance club next door and the patrons where all over the hotel (you had to basically push through the people because they would not move). There was vomit in the parking lot and at the hotel's front door. No bell service or even a cart was offered. The room was tiny and the beds where even smaller. We booked a room for four adults and I kid you not the two beds where so small that if you moved you would fall out. There are three marijuana shops next to and across the street from the hotel, not a smell I wanted on my vacation. There is also an adult shops not far away from the hotel, ugg. The street that the hotel is on was dirty. The only highlight to the hotel is the restaurant Wings that is connected to the hotel.
6 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Not impressed"
No parking, internet not working, no breakfast run down
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"No parking spot"
The hotel location is fine but big issue no parking spot and you need to park your car one or two blocks away.
Other trip May 31, 2015
easy going
"Average"
The lady front desk on Sunday was not as pleasant than I expected. The hallways to your room was excruciating hot, speaking about the air conditioning was also working for us. The ambiance was average
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Jenny
"Adequate"
on business so the desk area was important but less than adequate. Closet/desk space was tight. I have multiple food sensitivities so a fridge is always nice and most hotels now have them - this one didn't and created challenges. Otherwise the room was adequate. Staff were very helpful, accommodating and efficient - appreciated the service.
2 night business trip May 24, 2015
"My tub broke"
My tub broke and nobody came to fix it nor did they offer another room. In addition, the room smelled and there were burn marks on the blanket.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Kat
"I don't recomend!"
Very bad service. Rooms a little can be noisy.
5 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Marina
"Don't believe the pictures!"
Let me begin with the Good. This hotel was clean. The Bad is a very long list highlighted with the following: 1. The rooms are the size of walk in closets. 2. The furnishings were from the mid 70's. 3. The place is under construction. 4. Does not meet the Howard Johnson standards by a long shot. Think motel 6 then subtract 3.5. The Ugly: 1. Only 30 parking spaces for the hotel and if you can find parking $19.00 per day. 2. Located in a red light district with a large homeless / addict population. 3. Noisy from all the commotion going on outside. Example; Shouting from panhandlers "We are criminals give us your money or we will take it anyway". 4. Panhandlers and Homeless people are allowed into the lobby to use the restroom. Additionally, carts from these people are allowed to be stored in they lobby while they are using the facilities. 5. The "Wings" restaurant is actually a bar / nightclub with blaring music where food can be ordered. 6. Expensive!!! 7. Did I say Expensive? I felt like I was robbed and horse whipped! Please stay clear of this hotel. I am a 21+ year military veteran. As you can expect, I have stayed in many different lodging locations of all over the world. Although everything I expressed is based on my opinion, I assure you I have had better lodging in third world countries.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Never again !"
The hotel is between a night club and a bar so don't expect to sleep on the weekends. You can ear of the people in the next room sneeze, wash his hands or make coffee... Here s a list of things that didn't work during my stay : -elevator -shower -tv -vending machine -electronic key -curtains
9 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Not so good."
Scary neighborhood. My husband was propositioned. No parking was available for us. Expensive for what it was. Very small window in one wall of the room. Clean and comfortable bed. Only three instead of four bath towels. No notice of the nice coffee/business center up the stairs to the left of the lobby. Ok but no recommendation or return stay.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Nice for short term atays"
Nice hotel and nice staff. It's in a busy part of town so it's a little loud, but not unbearable
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"MARCH 14 2015"
I'D DIFFINATLY STAY HERE AGAIN. GREAT LOCATION AND EVERYTHING IS NEAR. WE PARKED OUR RENTAL AND WALKED ALL OVER DOWNTOWN.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Anonymous, Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back. Thank you for giving us 5 stars!!!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"brilliant - couldnt ask for better"
i was surprised at how good this place was especially for how much is cost me. the staff were so helpful and the room was lovely - id recommend this place to anyone - especially those coming from overseas
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Ashley, Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear you thought we were brilliant and you had a nice stay with us. Hope to welcome you here again.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2015
ashley
"Quick getaway"
Hotel was ok, in a a good location for night life and close to transit. It was loud and you could hear the noise on the street. It worked well for what we needed.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. Glad to hear your quick getaway worked out well for you. Thank you for your business.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Low shower pressure"
The rrom was fine. bed was comfortable. In the morinig I needed to take a shower to wake up and the shower pressure was so low I was really annoyed. I would rather have alumpy bed than no shower pressure. Really weak.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Value and helpful staff."
Value for money. And the night manager, Lucia, was very helpful.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Mark, Thank you very much for staying with us. Glad to hear you found our staff helpful. Thank you for your business.
4 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Thanks"
I had a conference in Vancouver and decided to look for a cheaper hotel than those that were suggested. This Howard Johnson was an excellent alternative and I am very pleased with my decision. Although the room was a bit drafty and the heater blew out a warm air that was somewhat overwhelming, everything else was great. The room had recently been renovated and everything was new and comfortable. The staff and the location were also great.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"All positive besides room comfort."
The price,location and hospitality were great. Controlling the room and bathroom temperature was terrible. The bed was uncomfortable. Could hear the next door club music late into the night.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Trevor, Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I'm sorry, none of our bathrooms are heated or have heaters in them. We are a heritage building and when the washrooms were built, there was no such thing as heated floors. I'm sorry about that. All rooms have heaters in the windows, those are heating/cooling units, I wish we knew you are having problems in the room, we would love to help. Thank you for your business.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Trevor
"Downtown!!!!"
Right on Granville street in downtown. Night clubs, shopping all near by. Parking is scarce, arrive early to get a spot
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Added extra parking fee .. Completely unexpected
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"You are not going to sleep at night there"
All night clubs around, super thin walls, you hear every move of your neighbours
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"best rate in DT Vancouver"
Always great rates and great service
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
"Ok hotel"
Ok hotel great location
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
VALENTINE
"WORST EVER! And I like staying in hotels."
They lost our reservation, we did not have heat in our room, there was hair all over the bathroom, people fighting and yelling ALL NIGHT both nights, the bed was so broke down i actually thought it was a water bed at first, parking was the worst ever!!! They charged 23 dollars a night to park and our vehicle was vanalized! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"OK for 1 nite"
Bathroom lacks counter space. No TV station guide available.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Bring earplugs"
No real issues with hotel (cleanliness, services, etc.) except parking was not very good - really tight spaces for a large vehicle. Nightly parking fee is probably reasonable for a downtown location, I am just not accustomed to paying for parking. The big issue is late night noise. Granville street is party central and once the bars close, the party moves onto the street. On our Friday night stay, the noise lasted until about 4:30 AM. Make sure you bring earplugs.
4 night trip Oct 21, 2014
Just Passing Through
"Time to update"
We stay here off and on throughout the years. It's starting to show signs of wear and tear and could use some updating. Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean however room 407 has mildew in the bathroom, and a strange smell so we slept with the windows open- then we had a lot of street noise even tho we were on the back side of the building. You can have breakfast at the hotel or turn left out the front door and walk half a block to the " 2 Parrots". breakfast is $7.50 for 2 eggs, toast hash browns and sausage or bacon or ham- and there's a lot of it! If you're looking for the gay neighborhood (Davie Street) just turn right at the a fore mentioned 2 Parrots (not gay).
3 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
Ric
"GREAT LOCATION IN VANCOUVER!"
I LOVE THE LOCATION AND THE PRICE IS ONE OF THE BEST IN VANCOUVER.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
KEVIN
"Very nice close to everything"
The stuff is very helpful with everything you might need answering questions and friendly
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Carlos, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear you found uour staff friendly and helpful. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
carlos
"Hojo is life!"
This is your life, take it!
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear guest, Thank you for your 5 stars and thank you for your business.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"not recommend"
It was way worse than I expected.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear guest, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Please, do not hestitate to contact the staff right away if you find something you don't like. We are here to serve you.
2 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
"An Excellent stay"
A comfortable experience with a location that worked for me, as I was attending the VIFF. Parking was very expensive, but necessary.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Bob, Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. Glad you were able to enjoy our location, hope you had fun at VIFF. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Great downtown hotel"
One night stay in Octorber 2014. Quick check-in. Room as expected, in line with the price payed.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Richard, Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. Happy to hear that the room was as expected. Hope to see you again.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Spendy parking,small room"
Parking was 19.45/day CDN -a bit spendy. Room small ,comfortable-OK for two . Had to pay additional charge for separate beds-no twins available and was traveling with 83 y/o mother
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear EJ, Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. After Olympics parking tax has been increased from 6% to 21% plus another tax was introduced and that has made our parking in the whole city much more expensive than it used to. Our parking is $ 18.99 taxes included and from what we gathered, it is same as everybody around us. I do understand it is much more than you would pay in Seattle, I'm sorry about that.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
EJ
"Hojo downtown"
The hotel is close to several adult venues if that is your thing.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"horrible service and small beds"
So checking in took over 45 minutes because 2 people ignored us then before we even checked in rudely told us to move our car from their parking lot. I said we would gladly but we're not hauling bags from another parking lot a couple of blocks down!! So the front desk lady was rude from begging to end. It's a cute little boutique looking hotel so it has a nice cozy feel to it. Location was great since it was right in the middle of downtown. The sports bar next to this place was awesome. Definitely annoying customer service personnel.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
Angela
"Great location if you want to party"
Hotel location is very good, but there are many bars and clubs around it. We couldn't sleep until like 3 am. Other than that, everything else was good.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
From the cheerful and helpful front desk persons to general state of maintenance, this hotel is nicely managed. I especially liked the historical photos of Vancouver that line its hallways.- If into the younger night scene in Vancouver, the location could not be more ideal. Others might find the area around the hotel seedy. It is a generally safe area, though, and within easy walking distance of the main shopping area. TIP: Rooms facing front have street noise but also far more light--more cheerful. Rooms in back can be quite gloomy.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"Middle of downtown Vancouver"
It is a nice and clean hotel but the bed are very small. We were the last weekend and I don't think I am gone go back there unless the reduced the price.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
I enjoyed staying here.
2 night family trip Sep 3, 2014
Julia
We had to pay extra for parking. They made us book online. Staff wasn't friendly. The shower leaked onto the floor.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014