All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1176 Granville StGranville and Davie St, VancouverBCV6Z 1L8Canada, ‏‎855-239-9481

Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
Great location.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2016
Ingrid
"Decent hotel, but beware of adjacent nightclub"
The hotel itself was fine. It was clean and well maintained. However, I will never stay at this hotel again because it is right next door to a nightclub. The floor of our room was vibrating until 2AM due to the bass coming from the club. It's especially bad when you're laying in bed trying to sleep and you easily sing along with the songs because you can hear them so clearly.
2 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2016
"Can't shower here..."
Impossible to have a shower...water went either scalding hot or cold. Manager said this is how it is when lots of guests shower at the same time in the morning...seriously????
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2016
"laidback trip"
stayed there before,so wasn't knew but nightclub that i wanted to go to was closed.
2 night trip Jan 13, 2016
BORIS
Noicy outside and some nights inside. For family the neighborhood is not the best. The staff very efficient .
12 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Idalia
"If you want to be treated as low class"
If you want to be treated as a second class citizen book this through Expedia. Immediately upon realizing our reservation was with Expedia the staff's tone changed. No parking was even purchasable. Room was freezing. Dirty ( pubic hairs left on bathroom counter) and lights left unplugged. Would not recommend.
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
frequent travel
"Decent location, room smelled bad"
The room smelled like a litter box but we were only there for one night so it wasn't a big deal. Location is good for access to multiple areas of downtown. If you don't want street noise, which can be considerable on weekend, choose a room facing the back. We didn't mind but some may.
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2015
ADAM
"Bad neighborhood but the price was right"
The room was a cubbyhole ... in a lousy neighborhood ... but the price was right, the parking was right next to the hotel, the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean ... and the front desk staff were excellent. One let me borrow his personal umbrella - so I could take a walk in the rain and go buy my own, which was much appreciated. I was able to walk to BC Place Stadium for the game a relative was playing in. I paid a fraction on the cost of any surrounding hotels in the downtown area.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
We enjoyed out stay at the Howard Johnson downtown Vancouver. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating . The hotel has undergone some updating and is very clean. We stay at this hotel every time we come up to Vancouver
3 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2015
Darryl
If you're coming to party, bar hop and stay out all night, this is the hotel for you. Bars and clubs glore to the left and right of this hotel. If you're coming with family and actually want some sleep, this is not the hotel for you.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Great location, clean hotel room specially the bathroom however there is no good air flow in the hallways, there is a weird smell between weed and febreze air freshener that makes you dizzy.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Luis
"Okay"
The service was great. They had a cappacino/hot chocolate machine and you could pay to get online if you didn't have a device to use their free wifi. The rooms and hotel had a bit of a smell and once you got out of the lobby the place looked a bit rundown. The area of town seemed a little iffy but walking a couple of blocks in either direction brought you to a nicer area.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2015
Maureen
After reading reviews we weren't sure what to expect. The front desk hostess was extremely hospitable and helpful. When we arrived a few hours before check-in, we were told our room was ready. She offered to set us up with tickets to Hop On Hop Off bus which was a great way to explore the city, good for 24 hours. The bus stop was right at the corner. The rooms were clean. Little outside noise. For the price, we were extremely pleased.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
J.
The hotel was in a convenient location. Close to everything, with a bus stop right out front for locations outside of walking distance.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2015
"Fare for the price"
On bus lines, easy to get to Stanley park from hotel--2 bus rides. Has coin laundry, free wi-fi. In poor neighborhood with homeless people around. Has a nightclub on first floor that is loud at night---makes it hard to sleep sometimes. Ok for the price.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Great location. Old hotel"
The location was excellent. However the hotel is old, and the price I paid to spend the night was rather steep for the amenities the hotel offers.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Sam
"So so motel"
The hotel was clean and close to the downtown area. We arrived about 10pm and our room was available. We were very hungry after a long day of traveling and asked the clerk at the front desk where we could go for food and drinks. She had no clue telling us there was probably nothing open because it was late at night on a Thursday. Well we found out no thanks to her that there was a restaurant/bar RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the motel and even had a connecting door to the hotel. They were open for a few hours more and the kitchen was still open. The room was very clean. But the mattress on the bed was not very comfortable. This is a good motel to stay for one night as a layover but I wouldn't want to spend a whole vacation here.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
ESTHER
"OK room, questionable neighborhood"
The room was OK but I was surprised how dirty the streets and sidewalks were. It's quite different than when I was in Vancouver previously. Lots of street people, tattoo parlors, medical marijuana store in the immediate area. I'd spend a little more for a better area.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Howard Johnson Downtown Vancouver"
The hotel was about $30 more expensive than advertised. The front desk lady was a total jerk to me and completely unhelpful when I asked questions. They made me feel unwelcome and unhappy. Do not recommend
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Decent stay"
I think some of the negative reviews are over rated. Although the hotel is older, it was quite comfortable and the desk agents were quite helpful. Location was great for getting around town.
5 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Not what you expect"
This hotel was in the center of downtown where all the bars and clubs are.. We traveled on a Sunday so thankfully the scene wasn't going on however if traveling on the weekend I would expect it to be very loud and walking through drunk people on your way back. When we arrived the first thing we saw was a lady with no shoes and rats walking all over her, it was quite the experience. The staff was not friendly in fact they only gave us 3 towels for 4 people in a room which we paid for and gave us attitude when we requested an extra towel. The hallways and rooms smell musty. Spend the extra money and stay at an airbnb or a nicer hotel this place was a dump.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2015
"location is an issue"
There is a disco bar right downstairs. The first night was a Friday and the noise roared through the roof. I got assigned to a first-floor room. The minute I landed my head on the pillow, I felt the vibration. Even though I put on ear plugs, the noise still kept me awake. I appreciate that the staff was nice enough to give me a room in a higher floor. Still that level of noise was a shock. The noise coming in from the window was also terrible. One window clutch was broken and the window was not air-tight, so the noise still sneaked in. It was interesting that the staff replied that the noise was an issue of the location. The street was a noisy area, etc. Ok, I got that. I think people need to be aware of these locational or environmental issues that seemed to be out of control of the hotel itself.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"HOJO in Vancouver"
The room was a bit small but overall clean and tidy. Staff was pleasant and helpful. he smoke in the hallway sucked. Must have been smoking rooms on my floor.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Craig
"2nd look"
Not what was expected, pictures more nicer
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"great location"
perfect for us, since we wanted to sight see . perfect place to lay our head. central location.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"terrible, dirty, noisy, smelly hotel"
the hotel was next to a night club so we couldnot sleep due to terrible noise till 4:00 am. stuffy with uncomfortable bed not to mention dirty floors and dirty carpet. it was disgusting I will not recommended this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
bita
The room was great, only problem was a.c. was out, but at least it had fans. The city was awesome, very friendly environment.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Warren
Enjoyed stay! Bathroom wasn't tidy but front desk service was excellent. Great location.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
CHANTEL
"Close to everything!"
While the outside of hotel is not the cleanliest..the hotel is nicely situated in downtown. Close to the seawall/beach, close to other popular sites and close to the subway to take to and from the airport. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Functional Hotel but rundown"
Hotel was close to our main activity which was the primary reason for choosing it, but the hotel was quite old with bad smells (lots of perfume/air fresheners covering up I don't know what). The lighting was all pretty dark and the room had one tiny small window facing an alley and buildings. The wi fi also did not work well.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Carli
"Adequate."
Polite front desk staff. Room was small, smelled musty upon entry. Odor was likely due to the black mold in the bathroom that had been painted over. Water temperature fluctuated constantly, and the window looked out into a narrow alley space, directly into other rooms. The comforter and sheets were a bit itchy, and I'd rather not venture to guess why. Several dispensaries and run down shops on the same block might indicate the kind of neighborhood to expect.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Benjamin
"Great location but not the best hotel"
Stayed here during the World Cup cause it was least expensive for the area. We got into town about an hour before check-in and found out that parking was soldout. Good thing is that there was other pay parking spots in the area that is walking distance. The room was a decent size but still small. I have never opened a door into a room that was close to hitting the bed. They do not have 24 hr housekeeping so getting extra towels we had to wait until 8am, when they showed up. Once they showed up, it was promptly delivered. The bar next door is pretty nice but there are plenty of places to drink/eat in the area. I first felt sketchy about the area cause there are two marijana stores and an adult store across the street. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would probably stay here again if there weren't anything else better for the price.
1 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2015
Andy
"World Cup Stay"
This is not a hotel. It is a motel. The room was TINY and the hotel itself has not been updated in at least 30 years (and that's being generous). It was clean, but space was tight, you have to pay extra per person if you have more than two people, and the price paid was super inflated due to the World Cup going on. They have limited parking, which was $19/day. I'm not sure if that is the standard price, since they price gouged the entire week. 2 days including parking was 565 CAD...which was in the lower price range for the World Cup events. This Howard Johnson should be ashamed of themselves for the prices, but for the terrible outdated hotel. I would NEVER stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2015
"Unpleasant"
Arrived very late on a Saturday evening. There is a dance club next door and the patrons where all over the hotel (you had to basically push through the people because they would not move). There was vomit in the parking lot and at the hotel's front door. No bell service or even a cart was offered. The room was tiny and the beds where even smaller. We booked a room for four adults and I kid you not the two beds where so small that if you moved you would fall out. There are three marijuana shops next to and across the street from the hotel, not a smell I wanted on my vacation. There is also an adult shops not far away from the hotel, ugg. The street that the hotel is on was dirty. The only highlight to the hotel is the restaurant Wings that is connected to the hotel.
6 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
The hotel is in a great spot! We loved the location. Reasonably priced. Unfortunately the room had terrible AC so it was boiling hot the whole stay. It was like being in a sauna and made it very uncomfortable.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Brooke
"Great hotel on Granville"
Staff was friendly and helpful! This hotel even has an attached restaurant that was good for all ages. I was worried because my parents are significantly older than my brother and I but it was perfect for all of us(even my handicapped father who was able to take the elevator at all times with no problem) =) Thank you!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Danny
"Not impressed"
No parking, internet not working, no breakfast run down
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"No parking spot"
The hotel location is fine but big issue no parking spot and you need to park your car one or two blocks away.
Other trip May 31, 2015
easy going
"Average"
The lady front desk on Sunday was not as pleasant than I expected. The hallways to your room was excruciating hot, speaking about the air conditioning was also working for us. The ambiance was average
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Jenny
"Adequate"
on business so the desk area was important but less than adequate. Closet/desk space was tight. I have multiple food sensitivities so a fridge is always nice and most hotels now have them - this one didn't and created challenges. Otherwise the room was adequate. Staff were very helpful, accommodating and efficient - appreciated the service.
2 night business trip May 24, 2015
"My tub broke"
My tub broke and nobody came to fix it nor did they offer another room. In addition, the room smelled and there were burn marks on the blanket.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Kat
"I don't recomend!"
Very bad service. Rooms a little can be noisy.
5 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Marina
"Don't believe the pictures!"
Let me begin with the Good. This hotel was clean. The Bad is a very long list highlighted with the following: 1. The rooms are the size of walk in closets. 2. The furnishings were from the mid 70's. 3. The place is under construction. 4. Does not meet the Howard Johnson standards by a long shot. Think motel 6 then subtract 3.5. The Ugly: 1. Only 30 parking spaces for the hotel and if you can find parking $19.00 per day. 2. Located in a red light district with a large homeless / addict population. 3. Noisy from all the commotion going on outside. Example; Shouting from panhandlers "We are criminals give us your money or we will take it anyway". 4. Panhandlers and Homeless people are allowed into the lobby to use the restroom. Additionally, carts from these people are allowed to be stored in they lobby while they are using the facilities. 5. The "Wings" restaurant is actually a bar / nightclub with blaring music where food can be ordered. 6. Expensive!!! 7. Did I say Expensive? I felt like I was robbed and horse whipped! Please stay clear of this hotel. I am a 21+ year military veteran. As you can expect, I have stayed in many different lodging locations of all over the world. Although everything I expressed is based on my opinion, I assure you I have had better lodging in third world countries.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Never again !"
The hotel is between a night club and a bar so don't expect to sleep on the weekends. You can ear of the people in the next room sneeze, wash his hands or make coffee... Here s a list of things that didn't work during my stay : -elevator -shower -tv -vending machine -electronic key -curtains
9 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Not so good."
Scary neighborhood. My husband was propositioned. No parking was available for us. Expensive for what it was. Very small window in one wall of the room. Clean and comfortable bed. Only three instead of four bath towels. No notice of the nice coffee/business center up the stairs to the left of the lobby. Ok but no recommendation or return stay.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Nice for short term atays"
Nice hotel and nice staff. It's in a busy part of town so it's a little loud, but not unbearable
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"MARCH 14 2015"
I'D DIFFINATLY STAY HERE AGAIN. GREAT LOCATION AND EVERYTHING IS NEAR. WE PARKED OUR RENTAL AND WALKED ALL OVER DOWNTOWN.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"brilliant - couldnt ask for better"
i was surprised at how good this place was especially for how much is cost me. the staff were so helpful and the room was lovely - id recommend this place to anyone - especially those coming from overseas
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Ashley, Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear you thought we were brilliant and you had a nice stay with us. Hope to welcome you here again.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2015
ashley
"Quick getaway"
Hotel was ok, in a a good location for night life and close to transit. It was loud and you could hear the noise on the street. It worked well for what we needed.
Response by Howard Johnson Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. Glad to hear your quick getaway worked out well for you. Thank you for your business.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Low shower pressure"
The rrom was fine. bed was comfortable. In the morinig I needed to take a shower to wake up and the shower pressure was so low I was really annoyed. I would rather have alumpy bed than no shower pressure. Really weak.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015