All hotels in Laguna Beach, California, United States of America
1289 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA, 92651, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location, but small and musty accommodations"
This hotel has a fabulous rooftop bar, and is located in a great area of Laguna. However, the rooms are incredibly small with hardly any storage. They have a portable air conditioner in the room that is also in the way. Overall I think it was good for the money, but if you are staying a long time, it is not a ton of space for longer than two days.
5 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
"best thing it is location"
too much going on at once, crowds on the roof, loads of people in the lobby, regular service and food. no ease parking short of 4 star experience
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
humberto
"noisy"
The room was extremely small. I had trouble getting around the bed because it was so close to the wall in order to fit. The location was great because you could walk down to the beach, but because it's right on the corner of hwy 1and Cress there is a lot of street noise. The building is old, so the windows sound as if they're not closed. This made it difficult to sleep in because the rooftop restaurant starts breakfast at 9:00, but starts blaring its music by 8:30, which goes right through the windows. The WiFi also proved difficult to use because it only worked well the first night and kept kicking me off thereafter, so I just resolved to using my own data. There is an ac/heater, but it is extremely loud. Like I said, the location was great, but iI wouldn't stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Heidi
"Beach Lovers Paradise"
For several years I have made a point of going to Laguna Beach so that I can stay at the Casa Del Camino - nothing beats watching the sun go down over the Pacific from their rooftop deck and bar! An the beach is steps away for a morning swim.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Bunky
"Beautiful boutique hotel with awesome location!"
From beginning to end, this was a fabulous stay. The hotel is even more charming in person than in photos. The staff (Joe and Marilyn) greeted us warmly and, despite our early arrival and a full house the night before, worked hard to get a room ready for us. I booked this hotel for our anniversary celebration and asked (in an e-mail) that a view table be reserved for us on the rooftop deck for sunset that evening. Not only was this request honored with a spectacular table, a lovely bottle of wine and note was waiting for us in our room. The room (including the bathroom) was compact but impeccably appointed and comfortable... The hotel is literally a half-block to the steps that lead down to the beach. We were offered beach towels and chairs by Marilyn to make our time at the water more comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was ample with delicious hot and cold offerings and the later check-out (noon) gave us time to enjoy a coffee and linger a bit to enjoy a morning coastline stroll. A regret is that we only had one night to spend in this lovely hotel. If you are looking for warm, attentive hospitality in a romantic setting, this is the place.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
D. Diane
"Teeny tiny room"
The room is so small can only fit a bed. I would never stay there again!
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Alan
"Smelly room!! :("
Nice lobby but tiny, super tiny room and smelly. Like a old carpet smell. Should change the flooring!!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
smelly floor
"Decent Laguna hotel"
Needs a renovation. Our room was smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in, including our trips to Europe. Bed was good. Location is great. We specifically asked the check in agent if the room he assigned us was on the street and he said no. It was exactly on the street. I have no idea why he would do that.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Heaven on Earth"
OMG. The hotel staff were awesome. They made my stay truly remarkable. I stayed in the Surf room, it was one of kind, ocean view, designed with taste. The rooms are divine. The hotel staff work so hard to make your stay one of kind. I will go back again and again.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
NS
"La Casa del Camino"
Blinds were broken and from the pictures of the hotel did not expect there to be residential houses between the hotel and the ocean. Over all though it was a nice quaint hotel, warm feel, great to take a significant other to unwind, and though the Blinds were broken upon opening them, they were fixed as soon after coming back from diner when I had mentioned the issue. I would revisit La Casa del Camino in a future date.
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"Wow"
The hotel, the staff, the food, and the rooftop lounge was all amazing! We will be back there in February. The traffic of the crowd to the lounge and restaurant got a little loud on Saturday, but not a reason to not return for us
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"Great Trip"
It was wonderful. The only thing I was a little dissapointed about was the "ocean view" was not the greatest. I paid an extra $50/ night for an ocean view.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Business stay but retreat at night -"
Great hotel stay- the room was a bit small but comfy and updated bath area. The atmosphere in and around the hotel was awesome...breakfast was wonderful too. The only drawback was the cramped parking - but overall great stay and would return!
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Valerie
"Disappointing Accommodations"
The room was very dark, even with all the lights on. Impossible to put on makeup after the sun went down or read at bedtime. The picture on their brochure and the internet were misleading. Even though we had an ocean view there were no screens so we rarely felt we could open the old windows. The lobby, bar, and restaurant were very lively and made our room very noisy at night. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The bathroom had been redone but it was still a toilet that you had to flush with your feet. There was no place to be comfortable in the room with one chair unless you laid in bed.
3 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"Perfect beach location!"
Our favorite hotel to stay when visiting Laguna Beach. It's within steps to the beach and lots of great restaurants nearby. The Rooftop bar is awesome for a view of the sunset over cocktails!
When you decide to stay here make sure you upgrade to the Surf rooms, they are the best!! Worth every penny.
"Old Rustic Spanish Style Hotel"
Lobby has a great atmosphere with a roaring fireplace with live guitarist playing while people mingle at the lobby bar. The hotels K'Ya Restaurant is outstanding! They serve tapas plates with great menu, wine and dessert selections. The rooftop bar has amazing views of the ocean and so cal coastline. The only negative is that the hotel smelled old.
"Good hotel. Great location."
Don't expect a modern hotel. This place is intentionally kept as a nod to days long past. It's a good clean place to sleep. The staff was friendly. The price is reasonable. The breakfast is good.
Rich
"What a blast"
I enjoyed the hotel right as I stepped into the bustling lobby, the reception was quick and painless and the room was funky. Lobby bar was great with food from the restaurant. I will go back
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Great stay in a great location!"
Wonderful stay in a great area with plenty to do nearby. It was a bit loud in the evening as the rooftop bar draws a ton of people so getting to bed at a reasonable hour was a bit difficult, but that's to be expected on a Saturday night. Overall, staff was wonderful and went above and beyond to make our anniversary trip special.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"No happy with our stay"
The hotel room was VERY tiny, Dark and stuffy. Priced to high for what you get.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Loved it!"
Loved this hotel. Right next to the beach. Staff was so helpful. Beautiful view of Cali sunset just right outside hotel. I will stay here next time.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Dustin
"Very cool, classic hotel"
We only spent one night here in the spanish room. My wife and I really enjoyed the hotel. It has a very classic, elegant feel. The restaurant was great and the service was top notch. The rooftop patio was also gorgeous. The only issue we had was the "european sized room". Basically, it was tiny. A shoe box. But it was nicely decorated and we had a very good sleep on the comfortable queen bed. If I stayed here again I would pay the extra money for a larger room. The hallway carpets were a little worn out and some area of the hotel feel old, but still, a great choice for laguna beach. It's also walking distance from some great shopping and beach access.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Good old fashion feel"
This is a very old fashion looking hotel but very nice and has great character to it. Staff is helpful. Hallways are very outdated but that's about all that is negative about it. The rooms are decorated in old Mexican style color and furniture. Room was very small but clean and it was an ocean view room. Free hotel parking in a lot about 1 block away and the breakfast was free in the ground level cafe, which they allow you to bring up to the outdoor rooftop restaurant which is nice in the mornings. Beach access is from the street, which the hotel gives you towels and sets up chairs for you. Plus great Mexican restaurant across the street, and overall it's located in a beautiful area
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Shawn
"great location"
We really enjoyed our stay. We were in Laguna Beach to visit friends and family. The location was perfect and the staff and accommodations were great. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. Our only problem was our rental car was in the hotel parking lot and had some minor vandalism, along with several other cars. The hotel management did respond to this problem.
8 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Marge
"Location great! Loved rooftop bar. Good restaurant"
Room was disappointment. Too small and confining. Other amenities good. Food and rooftop bar very good.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Clean and decent location, but a bit dated."
Ok location, comfortable if not a bit dated hotel. Room was average size for a boutique hotel. My partial ocean view room was on the end of the building where deliveries and employees entered which made it a bit noisy, but not that bad. Rooftop bar has great views. Parking is a bit tight in the small lot, but never had a problem getting a space.
2 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Smelled of cat."
The service was nice but the room smelled of cat when we walked in. I understand it is a pet friendly hotel but I don't want to smell the remnants of the previous guest. In addition, the bathroom smelled of sewage vapors. When we mentioned it to the staff we were told it was because of the tide. We will not be staying here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
"Charming Hotel"
Beautiful exterior with a gracious lobby and small but lovely rooms. Loved the Rooftop, which has a gorgeous view of the ocean and sunsets not to be believed. The staff were courteous and helpful, and breakfast, if you desired it for extra money, was very good and plentiful. If I was to complain, I would check Room310 for the lighting. One side of the bed did not work,and the overhead and other lights were to dim to read at night. That should be corrected. Otherwise, perfection!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Ina
"Close to the Beach, But OLD"
A/C quit working while we were out, 80 degrees in room, had to bring in new unit..
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
G.D.
"A Grand Time at the La Casa del Camino"
We enjoyed the hotel and especially the Rooftop, however the restaurant staff could be a bit more responsive.
3 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Gabriel
Hotel was great. The food on the roof top restaurant was very good. I like that they provided chairs and an umbrella for day on the beach. Only negative is that the room was very small. And did not like the air conditioner in the room.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great location and service"
The service was super. Hotel was nice and rooms were small but clean and ample. The views were breathtaking and lunch on the roof was great. Good food and unbelievable views. Very crowded upstairs though. All in all I would definitely go back. It was 309 a night plus taxes but it was on the beach and I thought it was well worth it.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Bo
"Very over priced for such hotel"
The room ,bath room iare very small ,not clean.on the secon day of stay we moticed that no vacuum was done .whatever was on the floor it is stil there
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Parking was not that great. We celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary and everything else was very nice.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
"Great location, small teeny tiny room."
Location and proximity to the beach is great. Staff was fairly nice. Do not book the Spanish Style Queen bed hotel room unless you are traveling alone or are a fan of small spaces. It was incredibly tiny with a giant portable air conditioner that i had to move around the room just to get to the sink and the mini fridge. Not a bad hotel, but you could do a lot better for the price. $370 for one night in the tiny room, including your resort fee which is completely bogus. The resort fee helps you set up chairs and umbrellas at the beach, however there is not a lot of communication between the staff and we waited hours for chairs and umbrellas that never came. I am disappointed with how much i spent on this tiny shabby room. You are better off spending your money elsewhere. Maybe the nice new surf rooms are better?
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"An experience for all."
I the hotel a delight for reasons others might not. Historic, eclectic, my room right of the street and one of the main entrances which was odd, Rooftop fun and great view. Staff was very friendly.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Roof is On Fire!!! Best Trip Yet!!!"
Love, Love, Love the Roof top and our hotel stay was even better! Ocean Views, awesome rooms, we stayed 2 nights and tried 2 different rooms and amazing staff! Very accommodating!!!
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Lisa M
Everything was good as always except the parking. Best rooftop Bar in town and a great restaurant inside the hotel as well.
3 night family trip Sep 9, 2014
"Loved it!!!"
Room was Old Fashioned, like a leap back into the 1920's awesome, very clean and modernized, authentic old wood closet doors, and hutch. Pleasantly surprised with the comfortable bed and modern requirements wifi, USB plugs, and clean surroundings! Had a room with a view of the Ocean, great roof top lounge with the view of the evening sunset! Will definitely stay again at some time in the future!
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Andy
"Great value"
Free Parking and free breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Overal the experiancr was very good and the staff were very nice. The breakfast was very good.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Walking distance to beach"
Very nice hotel, located near beach and quite a few restaurants. Only negative was room is pretty small, but not a big enough deal that would keep me from staying there again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Jeremy
"great stay great day!"
What a delightfully cozy stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the cute room and the nice amenities. Bathrobe, golden shower curtains and little fridge, Spanish furniture sparkle and make you feel like a star. The staff were kind helpful. The Roof Top restaurant devine, just remember to make dinner reservations 24 hrs in advance the place is hoppin. Cheers till next time.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
Dennis
The location & rooftop bar are fabulous. The staff was friendly & helpful. The rooms are small, but the bathrooms are updated and roomy. My only criticism would be that the lobby & hallways need to be updated. The carpet, in the hallway, is in desperate need of replacement. The view is to die for!
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2014
"The room , breakfast and staff were excellent."
The room, breakfast and staff were excellent. The only draw back was the condition of the hall and lobby carpets and the opener for the bathroom window.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
mj
"Nice place; nice price"
Overall very nice place. The bistro is really great. Rooftop bar good, but really crowded. Rooms were only good. Showed some great points. But some poor choices & workmanship.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
"great spot in Laguna!!"
love this place! feels very European
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2014
"Mother and Daughter Getaway"
Fabulous. Staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Rooms very small, but did not matter as spent little time there. Wonderful location, close to shopping and great restaurants, although after being in the hotel's rooftop deck it was hard to go anywhere else. Just fabulous.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Kathleen
"Laguna to see pageant"
My wife and I have not been to Laguna. So when we arrived we were very excited. Our room was very small, and we could not open up the windows to listen to the ocean. We called for service and they notified management to give us a reduction in price. They moved us to a different room with views that were very pleasing. We would go back again. Make sure that they give you what they say they're going to give you. Enclosing the service the staff really made our trip great job!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014