All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2885 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Rather comfortable
  • Value
    Food is all right
    Bad pool
"best way to stay OUT of Waikik"
loved it from time I checked in, really liked the people that worked there and they include enough in the "resort fee " one time charge to make me not complain about paying it. it is a little more than some small boutique hotels but well worth it
1 night trip May 24, 2014
rv
"Amazing amenites and fantastic service!"
A few highlights: We called down to ask about snorkeling rentals and they had gear for us to use for free! The hotel also has some bikes (with locks) to use for free when available, but if you're willing to walk ~15 mins you can get to the main Waikiki area but are far enough away from the noise and hubbub to appreciate some great relaxation. FREE YOGA 4 days/week was an excellent start to the day. The room was gorgeous with a great bed, and wonderful view of Diamondhead off our balcony (which requires an upcharge). Service was amazing!! Can't say enough good things about this place, we'll be back!!
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
"Great Staff!"
We booked an ocean room premium & it was fantastic! It was a corner room so had 2 balconies, one overlooking Diamondhead & the other the ocean, PERFECT. We witnessed the eclipse over Diamonhead, what an experience. The hotel is not ocean front but we had a nice ocean view & the beach is a short walk. The hotel provides beach chairs, towels, bikes & ALL the staff is amazingly friendly. Take advantage of the happy hour in the lobby w/complimentary wine. Nice way to relax & mingle w/other guests. I highly recommend attending the Chief's Luau, helicopter tour & Pearl Harbor. Great trip & we would stay @ Hotel Lotus again (we did not go but the hotel is within walking distance of the aquarium & zoo).
3 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Monica
"Caution advised on booking expectations"
Love the hotel. It squirmy with low ceilings in the lobby and mid century vibe. We have been staying there since it was a W hotel back in the day and saw it change ownership over the years. The last TWO times we booked an Ocean view room and when we requested the corner (actually viewing the ocean between other buildings) we were forced to pay an up charge of $20 bucks. I booked FOUR rooms, two Ocean and two Mauka. You would think a single room out of the group being on the corner would not be an issue over $20. I've been booking at the Modern which is much better service and amenities for about the same cost. Its unfortunate because I loved supporting what felt like old school Hawaii. My business partner still insists we stay here when he is along. $20 bucks is no big deal I would have gladly paid that when I booked however being fleeced at the beginning of a trip, business or pleasure, is really POOR service.
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
We enjoyed a one hour late check-out time so we could attend church. The staff also watched our bags for 8 hours because our plane didn't leave until midnight. That allowed us to tour on the last day without dragging our bags along.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Les and Pat
"Off the beaten track"
A quiet oasis close to Diamond Head and with an outstanding restaurant. The staff made my wife and I feel very welcome and relaxed.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Allen
"Great location with clean, modern rooms"
Very friendly staff and great service, great location at the quieter Diamond Head end of Waikiki across from park, complimentary bicycles, beach towels/chairs and yoga in the park, clean and spacious rooms -- We would definitely stay here again!
5 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2014
We had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, and the staff are very friendly and very willing to help which was great.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
H
"Nice hotel, partial ocean view, 2 DOUBLE beds"
Very friendly, helpful front staff. Ocean view partially blocked by buildings closer to ocean. Requested 2 beds instead of one king, since 3 of us. I assumed that they would be 2 queens, instead they were 2 doubles. So, if you are tall, beware. Pleasant one night stay but wouldn't stay there with more than 2 people in one room.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
"Nice Boutique Stay"
Aqua Lotus is a nice Boutique style hotel... small with friendly, personalized service. The bed was comfortable, and our stay was very nice.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2013
"Beautiful boutique hotel"
Beautiful cleanly furnished rooms..nice quiet setting...no pool but right by beach....nice views of diamond head and beach.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Robert Tracht
"Nice quite location"
Great location.All the staff were really great and helpful. If your plan is to have a nice quiet place to relax after a long day at the beack or just going around town, this hotel is the perfect place. I requested a cab to take us to the airport and we got a limo instead.Awesome.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Extremely clean, large room with really comfy bed. Staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay in or near chaotic Waikiki.
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013
"Perfect location"
The hotel is located at 10 min walking distance from Waikiki beach. Very quite area, with the Diamond Head crater and partial ocean view at floors 10 and up. Large park opposite to the hotel. Parking on the main road is $0.50/hours with maximum stay of 4 hours between 10 AM and 6 AM. Other times free. There is another car park on the other side of the park which is free. Close to Zoo and aquarium (5-10 min walk) The beach is shared with 2 other hotels. Access to it through the rear car park and by the main entrance of the Kaimana Hotel. Beautiful and quite beach, fine sand, shallow water for a few feet for children, lifeguard on site.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Andr
"Enjoyed my week long stay."
A very nice hotel located on the east side of the park next to Waikiki - so if you like a little less hustle and bustle - and yet still be only a ten minute walk to the hustle and bustle - then this is the place for you. Staff was very friendly and helpful. View of Diamond Head - which is about a quarter mile away - was nice to wake up to each morning. Also loved the birds - as most mornings I was met on my deck by at least one or two white doves. Will likely return sometime soon.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Lotus"
I stay in hotels 5-10 days per month usually trying to book a 4 star accommodation. I travel to Honolulu twice a year for business. I've stayed along the strip and while you have many amenities it is so crowded and impersonal you get lost in the crowd and become a sheep. The Lotus was a refreshing break from the bustle of Honolulu. The rooms were well appointed and have a terrific view of the crater with some ocean view. We all love a great ocean view but it was nice having the mountain background as well. What makes this hotel so great is the staff, which starts from management. The hotel manager (Dean) was a refreshing change from many managers I meet. The small beach is a hidden gem. Not a big tourist attraction beach so don't go there if you want major people watching. There is a great 1/4 mile swim to the buoy with lots of active (local) swim teams. The free bike use is terrific to ride up and over the hill to check out other areas a bit further out. Don't stay here if you don't like to walk a bit. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for people that have difficulty getting around or are of the demanding sort. Kids would be okay if you get them out for other activities but it’s not a “resort” with a big pool, which kids love. This is a great chill hotel with everything you need (no pool but the beach makes up for it). The restaurant is very good with a good feel to it and great food. My wife and I had such a great time I'm staying here again on my next trip. Thanks Lotus!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Dave W
"Wonderful"
They helped with everything I needed and more great place
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Nice & quiet"
The hotel location is quiet but we felt safe even we walk back to the hotel at late night.
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
Kent
"Fantastic hotel"
Really can't ask for a better hotel to stay during our quick trip to Honolulu. Fantastic service and amenities. Great location.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2013
RA+VK
"Pleasant stay"
Hotel located at the end of Waikiki area. Taxi is about $10-$15 to the central Waikiki, walking is about 20-30 minutes. Hotel rooms are big, modern, and clean.. Love the hard wood floor and the balcony. Hotel staffs are nice and friendly.. We stay 4 nights this trip and will definitely recommend for you to stay.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Mifasooo
The hotel rooms are spacious and beautiful. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The location is between a big park and the beach. Perfect!
1 night trip Jun 2, 2013
We had an amazing time at Aqua Lotus! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff (especially the valet) were extremely helpful and friendly. It was so great to be able to borrow beach chairs, towels, boogie boards and even bikes. It was a very short walk from the noisiness of Waikiki, with views of Diamond Head and/or beach. Diamond Head crater hike was 8min drive. highly recommend this hotel and hope to come back again. Thank you Aqua Lotus
Other trip May 11, 2013
Alena
"A romantic getaway"
I am a soldier preparing to leave my family for two years. Though I live on the island of Oahu, I decided to get a room for my wife and I for a weekend getaway in Waikiki. That's when I came across the Aqua Lotus. I am a local, so being around a mass of tourists is just not what my wife and I enjoy; if you are the same, this hotel is for you. It's location places you within walking distance of the hotspots in Waikiki without slapping you in the middle of the chaos. The staff was very accommodating and upgraded our room when I told them this was the only weekend I could get away with my wife before I deployed...we had a great ocean view on the 11th floor. The room was spectacular, with hardwood floors, a chase lounge, all marble bathroom, and a large lanai for sitting and watching the sunrise, drinking some champagne, and getting fresh air. Overall, this hotel is a must for a romantic getaway or even just a visit to the island. I have stayed at other, bigger hotels in Waikiki before, was never as pleased as I am with the Aqua Lotus. I assure you I will never stay anywhere else when I decide to go to Waikiki again.
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2013
"Hidden gem of a Hotel"
Remodeled rooms tastefully appointed. Very clean and comfortable, especially the beds. Very quiet surroundings, tranquil and beautiful. The fact that we were not on the noisy and crowded main part of Waikiki but within walking distance of the beach ( less than 100 yards) was great. Yes you will need a car to go shopping or to restaurants on the strip unless you don't mind a walk of 20 to 30 minutes. The hotel does provide a minimal selection of breakfast items a la carte, but it is much better to find a nice full service restaurant for your meals.. Availability of free wifi, bicycles, beach towels, and beach chairs was a welcome change from other hotels which " nickel and dime " you to death. All staff members were very helpful and very courteous. Afternoon bottles of wine placed in the lobby for tasting were delicious and free!! We will definitely be returning to this gem of a hotel.
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
""First time visit""
The breakfast cold buffet choices were very good and nicely served with complimentary coffee and newspaper. The lanai and view of Diamond head and the Park were lovely. The evening offering of wine was very much appreciated. The breakfast staff of one was the most helpful in giving tips about what to do, where to go and how to get there. The rest of the staff at the hotel was a little dull on such things.
Other trip Feb 15, 2013
Mary and Mike

"A Gem of a Hotel"
The Lotus Honolulu was a pleasant surprise among the high-rise condominiums that tower over Waikiki Beach. It is a quiet hotel that is perfect for two. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Loved the Illy coffee machines. It is equipped with all the comforts of the larger hotels minus a pool. There is a lovely beach nearby for swimming. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who are attracted to simplicity and comfort.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Maxine
"Nice Hotel with ocean view."
Enjoyed the park, ocean view and Diamond Head from the premium room. The beach is clean,accessible and family friendly. Clean and good size rooms. Good Air conditioning. Staff are friendly and attentive. Resort access fee of $25 a day gets parking, bottle of water, beach chairs and towels and a few amenities. Needed a car to get around. Very few restaurants in the Area. Breakfast available till 10.00 AM. No lunch or dinner options at the hotel. Overall good value hotel and we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Short Vacation
"Peaceful Boutique Hotel Away From the Crowds"
We had a delightful room with great views of Diamond Head and the beach from room on the 11th floor. The beds was very comfortable and very clean. Nice surprise to have a bottle of Proseco delivered to our room for our celebration. Met with a smile and offered bottles of cold water and in the lobby there was icy cold water infused with lemon - just what we needed after our flight from Kuaui. Reception very polite and helpful and our requests for a quiet room with lovely views at the time of booking was accommodated. Lots of towels,nice toiletries and in a peaceful and green setting not far from the beachfront and an easy walk into town. Coffee machine in room and free coffee and tea throughout the day in the dining room. Only thing needed was a restaurant as you need to go out for an evening meal. Tip - Choose an upper storey room with a Diamond Head and beach view otherwise you could be looking at a parking lot. Worth the extra.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Beautiful location"
Beautiful location and welcoming staff. We unfortunately had to leave before the breakfast was served the next morning. However, the owner managed to get us some fruit and bagel before taking off. Our only complaint was that the shower water never warmed. Necessitating a quick sponge bath before heading to the airport.
5 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
Jeanne A
"An oasis in Waikiki"
We stayed at the Lotus for 5 nights and wishes so much that we had stayed there our entire time in Waikiki. The room was spacious, well laid out, lovely floorboards and our view was of Diamond Head. The bathroom was very clean, roomy and great layout. Had the best king bed, comfy sheets and pillows and was so quiet away from the hustle of the main strip. We made use of the deck chairs and beach towels everyday. Valet parking and bottles of water were complimentary and it was these touches that made it outstanding. We didn't get an opportunity to use the bicycles that were available for use but perhaps next time. I absolutely loved the location and yes it is a slow 15min walk to the main strip but that was the appeal for us. This is our second visit to Waikiki and our stay at the Lotus made it a real holiday.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
caa
"Hawaii bust"
Our stay wasn't what we had planned. Due to an emergency medical condition I spent 4 nights in the Queen Medical Center while my husband stayed at the hotel. When I was discharged from the hospital I joined him at the hotel on oxygen while we worked out the logistics to return home. The front desk was very helpful by taking delivery of oxygen. My first trip to Hawaii and I still haven't swam in the ocean. Maybe some day we will return. Right now I think I need some healing at home.
4 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Jeanne A
"A high 5 (0) for Hawaii"
A truly wonderful find. An oasis of calm just 10 minutes walk from the main Waikiki strip. Simply styled but elegant with very friendly and considerate staff. More boutique and personal than 5* international brands. Our corner room afforded views of the Pacific on one side and Diamond Head on the other. Very spacious room with all mod cons and a coffee machine that made decent Italian coffee. There is a $25 resort fee per room per night but, if you use all the facilities they offer (bicycles, beach towels and chairs, shuttle bus to Ala Moana centre, late afternoon wine reception etc.), it is a small price to pay. Restaurant was closed for refurbishment whilst we were there (no noise) so I am unable to comment on that. Overall, a wonderful place to stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending it anyone (but especially those with good taste!)
5 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
"A little further out but well worth it!"
Had a lovely stay at this boutique hotel. The staff was excellent and the room was spotless and such a comfy bed! Would definitely stay there again. Also enjoyed the wine in the lobby each night from 4-6. The entire experience was very good!
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
shannon
"Great hotel!"
Stayed a few nights about a month ago. The location of the hotel is quiet, yet not too far from downtown Waikiki. Room was very clean with enough space. Seconds walk from the hotel to the beach. Staffs were nice and helpful. Overall excellent experience.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Rachel
"The hotel was fine but take note of extra charges"
The hotel is modern and our room was in good condition and a decent size. The location is a short walk from the main strip of hotels and shops. Unfortunately there was an extra 'Boutique Fee' for facilities even though we didn't use them. This was disappointing especially as some of the items were described as 'complimentary' when we checked in.
2 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"Excellent & friendly service"
Staff make you feel at home and not like being at a hotel. Great location.
5 night family trip Sep 17, 2014
Silverfox
NZ
"Great boutique hotel"
Fantastic hotel at the quiet diamond head end of Waikiki, just 10 mins walk away from the hustle and bustle of down town. The service was excellent with the free wine happy hour an added bonus. The room we were in was a corner room on the 8th floor. It was spotlessly clean and spacious with both mountain and sea views. Free use of beach towels, boogie boards and bikes and the free yoga sessions was also a nice touch. Definitely stay again if I find myself in Waikiki.
4 night family trip May 5, 2014
"Quiet boutique hotel"
Bright spacious rooms, friendly helpful staff. On site car rental now available, ideal if you just want a car for a day.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Kitty
"Tranquility in paradise"
Well maintained hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Would not hesitate staying here next time. Enjoyable experience
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"big room terrible service"
We stayed there for 6 nights. First night we were on the 3rd floor, there were several machines looks like air boxes outside, very very loud. My friend and I couldn't sleep the whole night even after we had sleep pills. Then we asked to change a room, it took 2 hours for them to clean the room and the front desk was not helpful at all. The hotel is not at Waikiki area, but only 10-15 mins walk. No restaurant nearby. The room is huge and when we changed to 7th floor, it was quiet. We met 3 receptionists during our stay, only the guy was nice, two ladies were cold and not friendly.
6 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2013
Chloe
"Great little gem!"
The Aqua Lotus is great value for money, perfect room condition and very helpful staff! Every little aspect is convenient for guests, such as: Starbucks coffee machine in your room, complimentary wine in the afternoon, free yoga classes... This is a step ahead from all other hotels in Waikiki. Only thing is there is no pool, but then again you're walking distance away from Waikiki!
2 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2013
"Great location, great service!"
We very much enjoyed our stay. Good location and excellent service. The free bicycles and afternoon wine were a nice touch. Great views from our room of Diamond Head and the ocean. Dinner at the "Park" was also excellent. The only drawback was that the room was supposed to be for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids). We found the beds a bit too small.
6 night family trip Sep 27, 2013
AndrewD
NZ
"Way overrated!"
Not sure how this hotel got good ratings as it really has nothing to offer more than a regular 3 star or 2 star hotel. the only thing that was good about the hotel was the view as I got the diamond head view with the ocean view, but a feature most hotels have at this price range but with a 4 star or above rating. stay away from the breakfast area as it has nothing to offer really. location may seem close to Waikiki, but its a good 15-30 minute walk before you get to see anything. Bike rentals cant be rented after sunset, as they don't have the required lights installed onto them, as it is against the law to ride in the night without safety lights. neighbouring restaurants are quite poor in quality, you would have to walk the 30 minutes to get some decent food. All in all, its an ok hotel at most, expected more for the price.
7 night romance trip Sep 19, 2013
This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel-guess we must like it! The location is superb if you want to escape the hubbub of Waikiki itself but have access to the main shopping/eating areas.I love the park across the road and looking onto Diamond Head,especially when the moon rises from behind it-awesome. The staff have always been very obliging and we have seen familiar faces each time we have returned,so I reckon this is also a good place to work.
8 night romance trip Aug 21, 2013
KB
"Suppurb quiet Honolulu hotel"
This is an expensive hotel, but everything in Honolulu is expensive. The staff at the aqua lotus were really helpful and we appreciated the use of the free bikes to travel around the local area. Rooms were clean, spacious and well appointed, overall a very an enjoyable stay.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Emma
"A quiet restful location in Waikiki"
Great location and very quiet. Staff friendly and helpful. Very comfortable and spacious room. Great daily service of rooms.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
Phil and Bron
"Luxury getaway"
Joshua and his staff do a fantastic job at making you feel as though you are their special guests and their sole aim is to assist and please you. Across from beautiful parklands and just near the beach, you still have eating options to cater for all budgets. It is a bit removed from the bustle of Waikiki central, which can be a plus or a minus, depending on your holiday goals! Really happy with our stay and highly recommended. Thank you Joshua and staff :)
5 night trip with friends May 24, 2013
Javmc
"Aqua Lotusat Diamond Head: The perfect hotel!"
Wonderful location at Diamond Head area. Quiet, great views of Diamond Head and Ocean. Best staff at hotel you could wish for. Nice walk to Waikiki to work off all the great food. Enjoyed the beach chairs and beach towels supplied by the hotel.
Other trip Feb 22, 2013
Daryl
"Lovely stay for honeymoon at Aqua Lotus"
Lovely hotel, in the Diamond Head region of Waikiki. Really nice room, spaceous and clean, with everything we needed in it. We didn't use the coffee machine, but it was a good extra touch, and the bottles of water which were replaced every day were really handy. The staff were helpful whenever we appreached them about anything. The beach towels and chairs were really useful, and the beach being a few minutes walk away was great, a lovely little beach, clean and usually very quiet when we were there. It was a shame not to have a pool, but as the beach was so close it wasn't really an issue. The restaurant looks to be nearly ready, and that will be a big help, as the nearest reasonably priced restaurant we found was about 10-15 mins walk at the end of the busier part of Waikiki. The hotels on either side had restaurants which we could have used, and we did eat in Hau Tree which was lovely, but not that cheap, so didn't want to eat there all the time. All in all, a great stay at Aqua Lotus for our honeymoon, would definintly go back, and recommend to others, especially good if you want to be away from the hussle and bustle of Waikiki beach, but still close enough to enjoy it without needing a car.
Other trip Feb 22, 2013
Helen

"フレンドリーなスタッフで、ストレスフリーな滞在"
非常に快適な滞在でした。 ワイキキ中心部の喧噪から離れ、ダイヤモンドヘッドとカピオラニ公園を臨むコーナールームには気持ちのいい風が抜け、ラナイには鳥も訪れます。シャワーが固定式でバスタブが深さ30~40センチと浅いのが残念ですが、湯量は十分なので、さほど不便はありません。 スタッフは非常にフレンドリーで、対応も早く、これだけストレスのない滞在も珍しい印象です。レンタカー利用だったので、バレーパーキングも利用しました。いつもフレンドリーな対応で、すぐに車を回してくれました。 ワイキキ中心部での買い物をメインにしている人には、やや不便な面もあるでしょうが、2度目以降のハワイなら間違いなくお勧めです。
5 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016