All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2259 Prince Of Wales Dr, Ottawa, ON, K2E6Z8, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9225

"Basic does the job"
Very basic,dated,needs some updates , overall good value, we will go back, breakfast needs help but Tim Hortons is next door
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
Rob
"Comfy Stay."
The room was clean and comfortable. Good beds. Location is close to airport but not much for shopping or restaurants nearby.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Willis
"great stay"
Great stay
1 night business trip May 10, 2015
"paper thin walls"
The staff were very polite and the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, when they renovated the rooms they REALLY should have put some soundproofing in. I read this in the other reviews but most of them complained about traffic sounds-I was at the back of the hotel so I didn't hear them but I literally could hear every word that my neighbours were saying and it didn't seem like they were talking very loud. I don't think I have dealt with walls that thin in at least 20 years. If you don't want to hear everything going on around you, don't stay here. Too bad because everything else was fine and it is really conveniently located for the airport.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
"very nice!"
We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were renovated so very up-to-date. We had a room in the back building with our balcony facing the river. It was very peaceful to drink our coffee on the deck in the morning. And it was quiet, as it was off the main road. There was a Tim Hortons close by.
3 night family trip May 2, 2015
"OK for basic accommodation."
Used the hotel for a quick weekend overnight stay in Ottawa because it was convenient to where I was working. The "hotel" is really more of a motel. The desk service was efficient and helpful. The room was basic but very clean and comfortable. Since I arrived late and was checking out next morning I enquired about room service and was told it was not available but that there was information on area restaurants in the rooms. I was told that breakfast was included and would be in the lounge area next to reception. Looking for "breakfast" next morning I found that it a continental breakfast placed on the lounge bar with some carafes of coffee. At 8:20 AM there was only one piece of pineapple a few berries, some croissants and not even a coffee cup to be found for what coffee was still left. I left and found breakfast elsewhere - though it did throw my schedule off a bit. In summary, the room was fine but they might as well as not bothered to include "breakfast".
1 night trip May 9, 2015
"Affordable, comfortable place to sleep"
Older style motor hotel with updated rooms, reception and common area. Rooms facing the Rideau River is the best feature of this property. Location is removed from restaurants, amenities and major attractions. Some noise from adjoining rooms.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2015
"It's a motel"
This is a motel, on the side of a busy street. The front building faces the road, so expect noises. Motel shows some renovations but could use improvements. Bathroom is tiny, with only tub and bowl. Sink and mirror is in the room, besides the bathroom door. Probably will not return.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Lack of wifi"
The room was lovely, overlooking the river, very quiet. The wifi service was non existent.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Melanie
"OK but this is more like a Motel and not Hotel"
Dining Room very small and service very slow. No elevator, therefore not recommended for people not able to climb stairs.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Quenee
"Clean, quiet but small"
Rooms recently renovated...except the bathroom. Nice decor, nice views of the river. Room is very small, for a family it is quite tight. Only continental breakfast included, $5 surcharge for hot breakfast (per person) which is good but service is slow. We attended a dinner in the banquet room and service and food were excellent. Overall hotel is good, a little overpriced, especially since facilities are limited. Can find larger better location hotel with more amenities for less. You need a car if you stay here as hotel is in the suburbs
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
"very nice little hotel"
Very good hotel for quality versus price. fridge in the rooms, very friendly staff and very clean room. the only bad side of it, its really close from the street (first building) and you can her the car. and the walls are pretty thin, you can hear a little bit the neighbors. over all i would be happy to go back.
Xander Star
"close to airport"
Fan at night noisy. Unfortunately gym under renovation and not available when I was there.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Ella
"Great place!"
Great place to stay, only reason I gave 4 stars was because the wi-fi kept dropping.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
derek
"Nice enough if you have a car and no pets."
I booked this hotel via Expedia. I mentioned to the Expedia person that I was traveling with a small dog but when I arrived, the hotel had not been informed. All the pet friendly rooms were taken and for awhile I thought I was going to be turned away. In the end, I was allowed to stay "for one night only" but it felt as if I was being taken in on sufferance. The clerk I dealt with was efficient, I can't say she wasn't, but I can say she was not very nice. She made me feel pretty stupid about having used Expedia and lectured me about "next time". Anyway, once I got to the room, it was very clean and I thought it was good value for money. In the morning, there were different staff working and without exception, they were all helpful and friendly. The only thing I would caution is that this is a motel not hotel and the rooms all open to the outside which might matter to some people, particularly in winter as you walk outside to get to the office and the restaurant. Bringing my luggage up to the front office for the shuttle in the morning was difficult as it was raining, but the shuttle person said they would have gladly picked it up from my room so that is good to know. Despite the issue at check in, I would stay here again, but I would phone personally to make sure that a pet room was available.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Anne
"FIX YOUR WALL INSULATION!"
I could hear the person in the next room breathing? Just totally unacceptable for a hotel giant such as Ramada
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Can find better"
It's hard stay during winter season
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Tiny rooms. Very basic. Not close to anything."
Friendly service but understaffed. If you know the room will be small, be prepared for something smaller than you imagined. Loud heater/conditioning unit. No coffee for much of the breakfast time.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"This is a Motel, not close to anything"
did not expect it to be a motel. Although the bedroom part had been up-graded the bathroom was just short of disgusting. Not my choice to stay there again. Trying to upgrade you on breakfast upon check in is very strange. Who is thinking about breakfast coming off a long road trip, looking for somewhere for dinner, not breakfast.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Lynda
They were very helpful to us
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
MYRNA
"Cheap, functional place to transit."
Hard to get to rooms. Zero spa/gym options. Low quality TV resolution. Indifferent staff. Somewhat upgraded front entrance from previous owners. We flew in from Lima's Airport Ramada which had incredible services and customer services to this one.... too much contrast!!!
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Nice hotel great location close to airport"
The room was very clean the staff so friendly they help map out the bus route to get to downtown for the afternoon. The breakfast upgrade was worth it it was very good. The staff was extremely friendly.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Beautiful location....in need of repair"
We were in town for a hockey game and then skate on the Rideau. We were VERY disappointed that the hot tub was out of order. It was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel, along with location/neighborhood. The food in the small dining area was surprisingly good (we just had a few appetizers). When we told the attendant at check out about our disappointment with the hot tub not functioning, they did not offer any kind of reconciliation. We won't return. There are too many other choices.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Ramada stay"
The room was clean but there was a cold draft and was hard to keep at a comfortable temperature but everything else was good
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Nice and clean place"
The room was clean and new furniture, Easy to find, Free and easy parking (I have a full size car) The included breakfast is good, you have everything you need. Friendly staff. Do not hesitate
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Excluded from my hotel list"
Too expensive for the service provided. Not recommended in winter season, room too cold or too hot, AC noisy, snow at room door, no covered parking and no security rooms open to public any one can reach rooms.
5 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
"Nice hotel.... Except in winter"
Overall was a good stay but it was in December and the room had an airconditioner/heater unit for main heating. It was very loud and only kicked off for 20-30 seconds. Finally we just turned it off and woke up later in the night and had to turn it on because it was so cold. The room was nice, bed was comfortable... If go back, but in the summer months
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
"Not bad from the airport"
The hotel provided shuttle bus. But public transportation had just two times early in the morning.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Ramada on Rideau good stay"
Great bed, only problem was no Hot Water!
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"overnight stay in Ottawa"
Flew back from vacation, landed @ 0200hrs in the Morning, made it to the hotel by 0300hrs head on the pillow by 0400hrs, Nice room, clean, bed is comfortable. The only 'con', the heating system is very noisy, Made it hard to get a few hours of sleep.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Charlie
"No frills motel, comfy and modern."
A very pleasant stay: This is an older motel which has recently (last 12 months) been renovated. Rooms are clean and modern with new flat screen TVs, modern furniture and upholstery, and bar fridge. Breakfast is included and is very good. Convenient location for the airport - I wold recommend to anyone.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Sally
"Not at all like the pictures"
Our room was in building 2, it is a motel not a hotel and the room was very old. the floor was revolting, old carpet..but the beds were nice and comfortable but only doubles which is extremely small. The bathroom is so small that you practically step into the toilet when you get out of the tub. The front desk and restaurant are nice however its rather annoying to decide right there at check in that every moment if you want to purchase breakfast the next 2 days and then you can't change your mind after that. I wanted to pay with my debit at check out but the money went to expedia, very disappointing as I could not pay the way I wanted to at check out.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Tara
"One night on road"
Booked for a friend and he enjoyed due to updated room and great service
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Fall stay"
The first night was ok, two single women assigned a room on second floor.... No elevator or anyone to assist with luggage. Lots if inter- room noise from next door. The room was ok and clean. Upon our return visit, we did get a ground floor room as requested but the bathroom was Not clean. Enjoyed the staff. No airport shuttle early enough for my flight and no offer of a cab, etc
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"A motel experience in a hotel world"
Not what I was expecting (2-storey motel bldgs w/out an elevator), but a pretty location and my room was new and very clean. Very likeable staff, but procedural and guest info mistakes were made.
"New Renovations equals great comfort."
The hotel was very clean with friendly staff but separate buildings require walking outside (it was cold) when going between rooms and service area. Breakfast and airport shuttle don't start until 7am. so if you have an early flight you will have to call a cab.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Craig
"OK motel if you get a room on the river side"
Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Appreciated the revision to a river side room.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Mattress' too narrow."
We kept tripping and stubbing our toes on the bottom of the bed frames. It is hard to believe that they were double beds. It seemed like it was 3/4 mattress' on a double bed frame And the frames were sticking out past the mattress'.
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Elma
"Thumbs up for Ramada on Prince of Wales"
No complaints, we had a nice stay
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"Good location and value"
Everything was good except for television cable reception....very poor. Noise from people above a little annoying. Will ask for room on second floor next time! Breakfast was good and lots of room and china service in the breakfast room. We would stay there again.
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
"Satisfaction but ..."
For the most part, many employees at the Ramada Ottawa On The Rideau are guests-oriented but there were a few bad apples in addition to some guests. There were a few tongue-in-cheek comments made at this hotel and also, too many finger-pointing comments. That is not professional at all and when supposedly, employees, guests and ... subscribe to this, then, it becomes an unfortunate situation for everyone.Then, one has to forget about this wishy-washy melodrama and carry on with his or her own life. Finally, a sincere thank you for the excellent service to all my friend-employees at the Ramada Ottawa On The Rideau who came into contact with me or serve me everyday with their wonderful smile. You are the best because you act intellingently at your workplace. God bless you all and your family! A last word to the owner of the Ramada Ottawa On The Rideau: It was an exquisite pleasure meeting you sir.You are a successful businessman like my grandfather. It was unfortunate that we had to leave under those circumstances. Life goes on. I have already turn the page. I have a last question for you, sir. Do you believe everything that you read or hear? I am a smart person and I do not believe everything that I hear or read. Good luck to you as a businessman with all of your future endeavours! Whatever the nature of them all. Thank you once again for your hospitality! To be a good, honest and sincere friend, you first have to be your best friend.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Yves R. Chevalier
"Excellent location near Ottawa"
Newly renovated. Nice room accommodations. Good location for staying just outside Ottawa if leaving/arriving.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"Stayed one night. Met our needs."
Breakfast special great - but could have had longer hours 6-10 am.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"lovely next to the river"
very friendly and efficient staff. Great meal although somewhat expensive. Nice to walk down to river and sit in chairs by river
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Nice renovated rooms, location close to downtown if you have a car . Upgrade your breakfast , it's worth the extra bucks .
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Front desk staff was unpleasant"
The hotel room was nice, but there was a problem with the floor above our room. Every time a person took a step in the room above our room, there was a loud creaking sound, waking us up in the middle of the night, when people had to use the bathroom. We also had a difficult time falling asleep, as it sounded like elephants were walking on the floor above us. When we mentioned it at check-out time, the staff showed no compassion. The lady at the reception, at check-in time was also unfriendly and never even smiled or made us feel welcome. They had a wedding at the hotel while we were there, so they have moved our breakfast time back, from 7 to 9 am, on a SUNDAY. Who wants to get up for breakfast that early on a sunday? We felt "second best", because the wedding guests had priority and were served breakfast at a later time.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Close to the airport but that's all"
Staff were very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately if you have luggage the rooms on the second floor do make things easy with no elevator. In the morning someone attempted to come into my room (no knocking, ran away immediately) which fortunately was stopped by the chain I had put in place. After that I grabbed my luggage and left. Will not be back.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Anne
"Updated and great staff"
Stayed in late September 2014. Recently renovated it looks like. For the $$ it's hard to beat. 5 minute shuttle to the airport. Staff did their job well. No complaints and would stay again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
The hotel was very very nice. The services were great the location was perfect. I would like to also add and thank the front desk lady (Amanda). Helped us have a great honey moon by helping us with a really nice room and directing us to some of the most amazing places we have ever seen.
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"Nice hotel overlooking river"
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay - nice view from deck overlooking the river - very good breakfast upgrade and all staff we were in contact with were quite pleasant
Other trip Oct 6, 2014