All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1617 Interstate Hwy 35 N, Austin, TX, 78702, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Okay stay"
Staff, location, and cleanliness were great. But for $ paid per night I expected a free breakfast each morning and a mini frig in the room, guess I will have to stick with Holiday Inn if I want free Breakfast and a mini frig.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Ann
Easy check in and newspapers available in the morning with coffee for those of us on the run.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Good, but not great."
Over all the stay was good. The ceiling in the elevator hallway on our floor looked like it was going to fall apart at any moment. The patchwork job in the shower above the shower head was totally shotty. The shower doors didn't make any sense. The sticker above the doors told you which door to use, but when you were inside the shower there wasn't a handle to close it so for fear of not being able to get out once I got in I couldn't close the door all the way. There was a mystery stain on the comforter and the grout in the shower was kind of gross. There wasn't anything that I couldn't overlook for one night, but...
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2014
Sayla
"Anniversary weekend"
Hotel was clean, rooms nice, bed comfortable, everyone very accommodating. We will stay again.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Cahelia
We were initially given a room that was already occupied! The facilities are run down and the restaurant service sub-par. Overall a regrettable experience. Would NOT recommend.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Jess
"Pleased with Double Tree"
I waited to long to book a room for the week end I was there. I attended a hair show at the Convention Center in Austin. All the near by hotels were booked for that week end. And the prices were ridiculous . I'm very pleased I found the Double Tree in the area and reasonable price. I will certainly stay at Double Trees as needed. Keep up the wonderful work.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Yolanda
"Nice location, property could use some work"
The hotel was in a great location but the property does show some wear and tear. Mattress was way too soft and had taken a set.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"A Pleasant Stay"
I would give the hotel 3.7 of 5 stars. The staff was polite but not overly helpful. The in-house restraunt was only average and over-priced. The room was pleasant, clean, and comfortable but not very spacious and there was no refrigerator or microwave. Nicer than most but not quite a 4 or 5 star hotel.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
JesseB
difficult parking
5 night trip Jun 3, 2014
"Poor quality hotel with poor surrounding"
Not very good. Rooms are stinky. We booked 2 rooms and got in 2 floors.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
The hotel was not clean and is in great need of a renovation.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"SO very convenient"
We booked a room to move our daughter into her dorm at t.u. Very convenient to the check in and campus. Friendly staff, warm cookies and a pool.... we'll be back!
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Mitch
Fantastic rooms. Great for business travelers. Hotel was quiet, and most visitors were business (no children). Close the University and airport. Will gladly stay here again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Hallway and elevator was not air conditioned."
Would have preferred to have had a complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Great location, close to Capitol, UT, 6th street"
This is our second visit to this location. We liked it so much we came back.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Don't park by the pool!"
Staff was very friendly and professional. Room was very comfortable and clean. However, on the last night of my stay, my car was broken into, and my Nikon DSLR was stolen.
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
"Weekend roadtrip"
My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights with some other couples from work. Its what you would expect from a Doubletree, the rooms were clean and very comfortable. I wish we would have had a refrigerator in our room so we could have kept our leftover BBQ from Franklin's which is just a few blocks away. This hotel would be great if visiting UT for sporting events etc, its right off the freeway across from all the sporting venues.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
fire26man
"Trip to Austin"
I was very happy with my stay and I would recommend the Double Tree to others.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Alison
"Perfect hotel"
Good location for us when we stay here. $9 cab ride away from 6th st
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"OK"
Great location and nice rooms - the only problem encountered was we had no maid service while we were there for a weekend stay.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great hotel!"
The cookies are the best!! I would stay here again!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
A
"Safe in Austin"
I enjoyed my stay in Austin...it was in a great location!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
SGBD
"Close to UT"
Fine hotel experience. Not a great hotel, but definitely good. Fantastic location to visit UT. Would definitely stay there again. Big pluses: location; free parking; free in-room wifi.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
TX friend
"Very convenient; Very clean"
The Double tree off 35 HWY is very convenient, but just outside enough to make it convenient to get to other places. The hotel was clean, friendly, and parking was always available. The hotel bar, lounge and staff were very nice. I would stay here again.
4 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Marc
"Location issues"
This hotel is in a good location if you plan on driving everywhere in Austin. It is not conducive if you plan on having a vacation where you want to walk around the city. Also, Austin's taxis are extremely expensive, and not worth it. If you need to use a taxi-like service, I would recommend using Lyft or Uber because they are much cheaper (about half the price of an Austin yellow cab).
5 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Very disappointed there was no breakfast!
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
"Avoid this hotel"
Constant freeway noise. Window air conditioners VERY NOISY and constantly cycled on and off.. These rooms are noisy..so don't plan to sleep well! The hotel had a complete hot water boiler malfunction, so had NO HOT WATER from 4 pm until 10 am, when I left hotel...I had to call a friend in town to go shower both that evening and the next morning. Water pressure is too low as well. Limited tv channels. It did not bother me, but there is a very large cemetery directly behind this noisy hotel. 10 minute walk to UT and the capitol, another 10 minutes to 6th street. Still awaiting to hear from hotel about a refund for the day we had no hot water. Even if the hot water worked, I would NEVER stay at this hotel. After taxes, it was NOT worth $150 per night! I've stayed in hotels at all price levels. Be warned. You can find so many better hotels for far less money in Austin!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Randy
"nice hotel with delicious cookies!"
I went with a few friends and we all enjoyed the people, location, and the overall stay. It's my go-to for Austin!
3 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
jon
Friendly staff. It felt very homey. We had a visit at UT for my son and the walk to the university was nice.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Francie H
"Nice hotel, close to capital and to UT."
Attractve room. Comfortible. Nice front desk staff.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Absolutely great"
My experience at hotel was great. Only complaint was Saltgrass steak house. Totally rotten service I would recommend McDonald's over that unit
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"ok, not great"
It's just a step down from the usual Doubletree quality, such as the one on 15th st. Starting from the front entry which feels like a cheap motel. However, it's clean enough, and the staff are nice. It's mostly the low end, dated physical condition that underwhelms. And while close to east side restaurants, nothing is walkable except Denny's. I've been to Austin many times and there are better choices albeit a little more expensive.
4 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Rob
"Great Staff"
Hotel staff was very nice and very helpful.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Jessi
"Great Price ~ Great Location"
The Staff really made the stay. I have never experienced a more attentive group of professionals than the crew serving us at Double Tree. Thank you so much.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
David Paschall
"Convenient location"
I was attending an event at Bass Concert Hall and this hotel is about a 15 minute walk away. My only complaint was the dim lighting in the bathroom. I want bright lighting in a hotel bathroom so I can see when I'm putting on makeup. Gotta love Doubletree cookies!
3 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Good job... we will come back"
It is clean, close to the beach and the pier. The staff was courteous over all really great.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
liz
I found the front desk agent to be friendly and helpful. Other areas of service were not. Bar and wait staff were in different to our needs. The house keeping staff ignored "shhhh quiet " door tags and started knocking and trying to open our room starting at 8 a.m., which they repeated until they heard the shower .
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Not as good as usual"
We stay here every year for a business conference & it has always been excellent. Unfortunately t his year was not as good. Our room was pretty banged up with lots of gouges in the wall and door. The bathroom was not as clean as usual nor was it stocked with everything. Over our stay only the beds were made. Garbage was not emptied & it did not look like they had done any other cleaning at all. The bartender was very short with us. Also special requests made at reservation were ignored. It just wasn't as good as it normally is.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Friendly service staff! Front desk Austin was awesome! Rooms remodeled and nice.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
"Clean Hotel with Friendly Staff"
While the Room and Facility was clean and the Staff very friendly - and the cookies were warm and tasty - there wasn't a refrigerator in the room to store and keep cold water and there wasn't a Hot Tub at the pool.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Substandard for Doubletree"
No part of my experience at this hotel made it above the average mark. The room was cramped, lacking in natural light, and the staff couldn't seem to keep it fully stocked or maintained. First day, the cleaning crew skipped the room altogether. The second day, the low-flow toilet clogged and the cleaning crew overlooked it. They also overlooked replenishing the sugar and creamer in the coffee station every day after the first and I had to raid the dining room. The last day the cleaning crew opened the door while I was in the shower...at 8:15am. In what hotel do they clean rooms at 8:15am? The room was also missing some nice-to-have amenities like a mini-fridge and microwave, but that was my oversight when doing research. Just don't expect anything beyond the basics. The annoyances didn't end with the room. The hotel restaurant was aw-freaking-ful. The crab cakes were little dry pancakes served with tartar sauce, the burger was VERY well-done and lukewarm, and at breakfast my final day, I ordered off the menu instead of paying $13 for the buffet, and the waiter invited me to get it myself rather than put in a proper order to the kitchen. The melon was unripe and inedible, and the croissant was thick and doughy. If you HAVE to stay at a Hilton Doubletree, there's a nicer one five minutes north on I-35. Go there instead.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Dwight
"close to univ of texas"
Fantastic close to downtown and 6th st , close to softball, baseball and basketball facilities. Free use of business center
2 night business trip May 28, 2014
"quick access to UT"
Loved the flavored and chilled fresh water in the lobby! Cucumber with lemon and strawberry with lime.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
Melanie
"Close to University"
The hotel was very close to the university area, I never had to get on the freeway. Staff was pleasant and room was vey clean. Room was small but comfortable for one person. Restaurant nearby in walking distance.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Great location!"
If you don't want to pay the rates of what it would be to stay downtown then this is a great and affordable option! 10-15 minute walk to down town and just off I-35. Hotel was clean, bartendars at hotel bar were very friendly, overall pleasant stay. It was weird to have a cemetary next to the hotel but you can't beat the overall convenience of the location!
4 night trip May 21, 2014
Excellent hotel and great price. Will definitely stay again.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Really good hotel, and great proximity to the University. The rooms were very comfortable and the free coffee in the lobby in the morning was nice. Breakfast looked nice but was a little pricey.
1 night business trip May 21, 2014
"My Stay at The a Double Tree"
Awesome stay. Staff was great. Room was very clean. I will stay at this hotel every time I come to Austin.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Very pleasant staff; nice breakfast restaurant; great location; not fabulous but very decent for the price. I would stay there again when on business. Easy access to I-35.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
Great. Maybe overpriced but cookies make all things right
Other trip May 17, 2014