All hotels in Vienna, Austria
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereWiedner Guertel 34-36, Vienna, Vienna, 1040, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beware!!"
The hotel is near the main transportation hub in Vienna which makes it convenient to everything. It is old, staff is friendly, and breakfast is good. Now for the bad part. Two days after checkout the hotel claims I damaged their property and wants me to pay for it by providing them with a charge card number. Fortunately, I prepaid through Expedia and the hotel doesn't have a card number. This feels very much like a shake down and I really advise anyone contemplating staying at this hotel to consider this.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Barry
"Ok hotel"
Ok hotel close to subway. Breakfast is a rip off. They should invest in some new towels, The ones in my room you could practically see thru them they were so old
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
I was alone, all was good, the breakfast was very good, a small discomfort was caused by the repairs of Hauptbahnhof, but it was compensated by the proximity of Belveder. I shall not return to this hotel because I do not plan a new visit to Vienna. Zero in rating means that I have nothing to say
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
The safe was dead, one of the lamps did not work, the A/C did not work, the hook did not hold the shower. We had to change the room. in the other room the walls were stained, was only one lamp on bedside table, and A/C was noisy and barely worked. The hotel faces the highway, and the neighborhood is noisy and not pleasant.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Good location, so-so neighborhood"
The location next to the subway and central station couldn't be more convenient, although the neighborhood isn't the nicest it's close to everything and felt safe. Simple room but with all you need incl. a safe.
4 night trip with friends May 15, 2014
Felix
"close to metro and a lot of restaurat around."
This is the second time I am staying in the hotel. I selected the hotel because it is very close to the main train station. also, because it has a good price. I was shocked when I see the room, since it was the first time I take a single room. I felt my self in a prison. it was very small and it looks at no where. further, you can't even open the window properly. the switch not working, so I had to use same one to charge all my devises.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Arousa
Like the property, stayed here for the second time. The stuff is polita and competent, the location is very good for me. Underground and a tram are very close, the center is 15 minutes by foot if you like to walk
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
A fine hotel with a good location. Front desk staff were nice and helpful.
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Low rating only due to one receptionist's attitude"
I would have rated the hotel higher but..... first the good stuff - good location near Hauptbahnhof, big triple room, clean room and bathroom. Room was facing the backyard, so was really quiet and good for resting. Breakfast was adequate - fresh orange juice and fresh food, the ladies serving the breakfast were nice and efficient. The daytime receptionists - two gentleman - were very welcoming and helpful. The big downfall was the night time reception lady from Serbia. She was very rude, actually started a fight with us and waiting to get our room key from her was a long wait while she was having a conversation on the phone in Serbian (which I undestand btw) so was not of any importance. So, the hotel is worth the money but management should pick their staff more carefully since first impressions are always very important.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
I REALLY LIKED THIS HOTEL-STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL. BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Dissapointed"
Room much smaller than advertised. Bathroom tiny. Shower bad. Problem with floating water. Bed was OK. No fridge. The rooms to the street are very loud. Breakfast was good but always the same.
3 night family trip Sep 14, 2013
Emil
"Small but clean"
The rooms are really small, but clean. It's good for overnight rravellers abd short stay only. I went on summer and really hot because there was no a/c in the room. However there was a small fan in the room which didn't do that much help at all. The place is also hard to find and took us hours to find it and no parking available. However we were able to get street parking but had to do quite a walk to the hotel. The breakfast was ok and accessibility of wifi. Don't recommend the place esp on summer.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Comfortable stay. Good value."
Everything about this hotel is great. The rooms are spacious, well decorated, and very clean. The hotel is conveniently located close to public transportation - the metro, buses and trams. Don't miss rhe Belvedere Palace which is very close to the hotel. My only issue was that the television is outdated and did not match the plush feel to the room. It took a while to figure out how to turn on the TV. The telephone in the room was dead. All in all, a great hotel with decent breakfast. We had a nice sray here.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Very disappointing"
I'll try starting with positive things... Hotel has good location. It is near city center and metro station is just in front. It can take you anywhere, and in 5 min you can reach St. Stephen Chatedral. Breakfast is OK. Hotel is extremily old and without air condition. When I took this hotel I was aware that it's gonna be HOT, but what I didn't expect is that I'll got room with window which can open just few centimeters and with shower broken. Try imagine yourself traveling whole day, coming to room with 40C inside, not possible open the window and not possible to take shower. I know that price for this hotel is not big, but with this experince it was too much. It was that hot and noisy that I had to leave room in early morning and coming around midnight and just spend this few night hours... I wanted so badly to take any other hotel. I wish to the staff and this hotel all the best, but You'll never see me again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Very very small room"
No air condition. No fan. Very small room nothing to do in the area. Internet which barely works. Staff is good though
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Rahul
Very nice hotel with good breakfast, helpful staff, baggage room to store your bags while you tour the city. Directly across the street from a subway station, allowing easy access to the rest of the city.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Rachel
The hotel is located in a sketchy area. Its fine for one night but not more. The single room is extremely small.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"Very good as far as budget hotels go"
Very good as far as budget hotels go. Excellent location - just over a hundred meters from a subway station, less than 15 mins from the Vienna center or from CAT terminal to the airport. Very good free breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are very small and basic but clean and have laptop-fitting electronic safe and small refrigerator. Free wifi internet. Just a simple place to get a bed between flights or when visiting Vienna for one or two days.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Andy
telephone and refrigerator not working
Other trip May 21, 2013
"good last night in Vienna hotel"
This hotel was easy to access via the subway and provided us a relatively quick ride to the airport (via subway and the S-7 train the next day) Our room on the 4th floor was probably 85 degrees when we arrived which we took care of by opening windows. The morning buffet was full of yogurt, cereals, meats, cheeses, juices and breads - a great spread. Our room was on the back side of the hotel so the traffic noises mentioned in other reviews did not affect us. The neighborhood was not one we spent a lot of time in but we were told it was safe by someone from Vienna - not sure that I would want to walk around too much. The billing was straightforward with NO added service fees (a problem we had with a different Vienna hotel). Overall a place that was good for us to 'end up in' on our last day.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
This hotel is so easy to get to on public transportaion. We had the family room and it was very big and nice. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is located just steps away from the Belvidere and public transportaion. We would stay here again.
3 night family trip Feb 15, 2013

"Best location to train station"
This hotel takes only 3 minutes walk to metro and 5 minutes walk to main train station wien hbf. the price was also reasonable, compared with others in Vienna. however, the twin bed was small, no kettle in the room.
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Trian
"This hotel was great given the price paid"
This hotel was great given the price paid. As per other travelers advice, we asked for room facing the inner courtyard for minimal noise and strong wifi. Very comfortable stay. I visited in March so it was cold and still alright. I can see why other travelers who visited in summer would complain abt the heat n stuffiness.
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
SG
"Convenient for onward travel"
Absolutely fine. Very handy for the Main Station.(Hbf) Good links to city.
2 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Edwin
"Hotel Kongress"
The hotel was comfortable and clean. Their breakfast is overpriced, but they do have the market cornered there, because there isn't anywhere nearby that sells breakfast in the morning. The staff was friendly and provided maps. Wifi worked well. The location is very close to a main train station so it did get kind of loud in the mornings. Overall great stay for the price.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Hannah
"Not the most pleasant experience"
Acknowledge the hotel was a budget option, but it was one of the worst experiences I've had- bed mattress was old, bathroom flooded, radiators didn't work. Not to mention the terrible room decor and lack of kettle/tea facilities in the room. Staff were not rude, but not the most friendliest bunch. Not recommended at all
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
dissapointed
It was a nice hotel for the price paid. The breakfast was also OK.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Fair Hotel well situated close to the Vienna metro"
My wife and I stayed for 6 days at the end of May 2014. The hotel is well situated just outside the centre of Vienna with easy access to the centre via the local metro station, literally a one minute walk from the hotel. It was good value for money given its easy access to the centre of the city. One could be right in the centre on foot within 30 minutes or within 10-15 minutes by the very frequent and efficient underground metro. The hotel reception staff were always very friendly and all spoke far better English than we did German. The hotel facilities were fine for a week's stay. The breakfast buffet had a wide choice of cereals, fruit, bread, cooked foods, juices and coffee/tea to cater for any hungry traveller. One never had to queue to have a table, even at the busiest period. The room was adequate and the sheets were changed and the room cleaned every day. However, the hotel was not air-conditioned and, even in a relatively cool May, the room got very hot at night, making for an uncomfortable sleep. Because we were overlooking the main road, if the window was left open, the traffic noise made sleeping difficult too! So one had to compromise between a hot room or a noisy room. That all said, our stay was still a pleasure, as was the city.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Christopher
"worth of its money"
Very good spot, 2 minutes away from the central tube station. Fast access to the center of the city. The staff is friendly and keen to help you. Breakfast was one of the strong points. Room was clean and quiet. Overall, a cheap but not compromising the quality of service, choice for your stay in Vienna. I will definitely choose for the next time as well.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
Eva
"Good southern location, too much noise"
My parents stayed at the hotel and they could hardly get any sleep given that there were too many children running up and down the stairs at night. It may be a good hotel if one checks with the hotel first to find out if it has any group bookings. The lift is too small so groups will need to take the stairs to reach the rooms. The rooms are small and walls are thin, so getting a good night sleep may be an issue.
4 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Marie
"Convenient for Hauptbahnhof"
Room was smoky when I arrived, and aroma did not clear until the next day.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Amazing winter trip"
Me and my partner went to Viennna for 5 days in November 2013 for my 21st birthday. Hotel Congress is about a 30 minute drive from the airport by taxi and the journey was good. We arrived in the evening, our room was very clean and tidy and exactly as we expected, we asked at reception where we could get some food and they directed us to the nearby restaurants which were less than a 5 minute walk away. Breakfast was served between 6.30 and 10am and was restocked throughout, a buffet style layout with a selection of cereal, croissants, bread, cheese, fruit, eggs and meat, it was all very nice and well presented. The evening of my birthday we wanted to do something special, we asked Anna on reception to phone a restaurant and book a table for us, unfortunately they were full up, Anna recommended a different place to eat called Sky Bar, she booked the table and a taxi for us. The restaurant was beautiful, with views over the city, delicious food and a swanky bar! After a lovely meal, we spent the night enjoying expensive cocktails and it was better than we could ever have asked for. Anna also gave us directions and advice on where to go in the day time, we visited the nearby Belvedere Palace which was beautiful and also went to several Christmas markets and drank delicious hot, fruity rum punch! Overall a it was a fantastic holiday, a beautiful city and all the local people were so friendly! Would definitely recommend
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Youngcouple
Learning from prior reviews I specified in my reservation that I wanted an inner room, facing the courtyard, away from the noise, and with strong WiFi signal. The first room I was given was on the third floor, where WiFi reception was getting borderline, and the old CRT-type TV displayed only a vertical bar of light. Luckily there were other rooms facing the courtyard available, and I was switched to one on the second floor. This time the WiFi reception was good, and the TV was a modern LCD. It was rather cramped, though, with no room for the suitcase, and no suitcase rack. Both rooms felt renovated and nice. Breakfast was excellent, though not particularly Austrian in nature. Takes 5 minutes to wheel a suitcase from the SudTiroler Platz S-Bahn underground train station, but at least there's an escalator at the sidewalk level, and even an elevator - across the street over the S-Bahn station.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
"Good at Price"
Austria is expensive in terms of Hotel i choose this hotel as i have to stay only one day in Vienna. The price was good as per the facilities provided by the hotel. Breakfast was just average. Its in front of the main train station but unfortunatly i reached to other train station which was far away from the hotel. it is near to few good locations of Vienna. If you are looking for economic hotel i would suggest you to go for this hotel. Its really good at the price they offer.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Arfi Alam
IN
"Basic hotel"
Service: curt and cold. Room: clean. toilet smelled of pipes. Hot water in shower can be intermittent. Wifi disconnects every 2-3 minutes. No air conditioning, no heater - fine for us as weather was pleasant when we visited. Location: close to ubahn station, far from city centre. Overall the hotel felt old and tired but rooms were clean. Cold service didn't make up for the state of the hotel.
2 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
SG
"Excelnlent service"
This was my first visit to Vienna on my way to a induction seminar in Graz, I choose this hotel for its close proximity to the station for travelling to Graz the reviews were good and I was not disappointed. The locations was perfect for me, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful providing me with information on how to get about Vienna, the room itself was comfortable and more than adequate, breakfast was good too. In all I had a lovely stay at this hotel and they held onto my excess luggage until my return the following week. Thank you.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013
D Farmer
"Economy hotel opposite massive building works"
Being next to the underground was the most useful part. The room was pokey, shower not particularly good and didn't appreciate listening to other people finding their rooms at 5am. The massive and I mean massive building works across the dual carriageway was the iceing on the cake
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Tony
"Nice hotel close to the underground"
Very convenient for sightseeing as you just have to cross the road to get to the line UI where many attractions are.The hotel staff were friendly and always willing to help.The only problem is that the bathroom gets flooded and did not like the shower.There is no air conditioning if you go in the summer.It was not that hot when we went so it was fine.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
sheena
"Ok for stay short time, and for the price."
They should fix mini bar. And have extra plugs for PC and so on. Only one working plug in all room and one in bathroom.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Rune
"Okay if you are on a tight budget!"
Unfortunately I visited when it was extremely hot in Vienna and had not realised there was no air conditioning when I booked. The room was extreemly hot and even with the window open which I could only partially open the room was so hot. It was cooler to be outside than in the room. Not the fault of the hotel but don't stay in an unconditioned room in vienna in summer, for a few euros more i could have gotten that. Hotel clean although a little dated and rooms are small but clean. Staff very pleasant. I am sorry to say I would not go there again, but if you are looking for something cheap which is clean with friendly people give it a try.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"It is ok just for somewhere to sleep."
I recently booked a four nights trip with Expedia flying to Vienna on the 19th of June. Before I booked the trip I ask if it would be possible to get a double bed on the booking and I was told yes they call the hotel and it would fine. I was also told that the hotel is 4star. On arrival I was surprised to see it is only a 3star hotel and I wasn't able to get the size bed that was conform to me. On the first night the the room was so hot I could not sleep, the following day I was given another room with air con but the shower had problem. The hotel only had about 5 rooms with air condition. I'm not happy at all with this trip, I have made many booking with Expedia and had really good experience but this was bad.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
A very tired hotel in need of upgrading. Very basic room and en suite facilities. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Location was in the middle of construction but will be good once finished. Underground station at the end of the street. Would think twice about using again.
2 night business trip Jun 30, 2013
Ron
"Reasonable place for simply staying in a room"
The positive things are that this is probably a cheap and 'livable' hotel, and that it is very close to the Metro Station and travelling with the U1 line is very convenient. But: 1. There was no air conditioning in my room but just a little fan (I visited Vienna at 38.5'C and the room was so hot to me that I couldn't sleep); 2. There was wireless in my room, but the signal was really bad and I could use it only when I was close to the door of my room; 3. Something from somewhere else literally 'floated' out in my toilet bowl, which was kind of mysterious and annoying.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Lawrence
"Comfortable and convenient one night visit"
A small room but that was fine for myself alone, and it was very clean. An excellent breakfast. Pleasant service. Close to an underground train station, or within a walk into town. Close to the excellent Belvedere galleries and gardens. A very reasonable price.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
NZ
"Convenient and clean."
If you are after a hotel which is clean, safe and standard in amenities, Hotel Congress is just fine. It is on a main road, so perhaps ask for a room which does not face the traffic. The location is convenient and with a practical price.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
LuiLui
For the money, it's very good. The rooms are small, especially the showers. If you're a bit out the general standard of hight and width get in and getting out of the showers becomes an ordeal. But, as we say so much music for so much money. What was unpleasant, though, was the double charge on my credit card for one single night. I reserved the room under the condition provided by tour service to pay at the hotel and gave my credit card details. At leaving the hotel the clerk (a nice young lady) instead of simply checking me out, charged me again. Thankfully my bank denied the first charge after I called.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
"reform needed!"
Confortabel bed in a very little room. The bathroom is too small and basic with an unpleasant odor to sewage. Nice staff. Good localization near the subway, two stops from the center. Near the bus international station and trin station. Poor breakfast with little quality. Free internet in the lobby. An old hotel needing urgent reform.
2 night trip Dec 24, 2012
Joaquim
"Best breakfast and close to all sorts of transport"
Enjoyed my stay. Aside from best breakfast, it is clean and staff are very accommodating.
3 night trip Oct 25, 2012
Mel
"Annoying noise from adjacent rooms"
The hotel is very close to U-bahn station and quite convenient. However, the storage room is quite small and nobody in the hotel took care of luggage. It was full of luggage when I stored my own in the morning and found it difficult to take it out when I came back in the afternoon. Meanwhile, the hotel neightborhood seems not quite safe. On the Sunday morning, I went out around 10 o'clock. A young man came across me and asked me to take a picture for him. After the picture was taken, two men appeared and showed their ID, saying they were policemen. I found I was fooled, but just knew they were not.. I walked away immediately. Fortunately, the entrance of the U-bahn was just a few meters away. Since there was a video recorder at the entrance. The three guys did not walk after me. Take care when you stay in this hotel, especially if you are not Austrian or if you cannot speak German. In addition, I can hear clearly the noise from the rooms next to mine. It is quite annoying when in the midhight when someone makes noises. Every night, I had such a trouble.
Other trip Sep 16, 2012
JH Chen
"a great little place"
this is a great little hotel, conveniently located near the east train station, and metro/tram station. it is a short tram/metro ride away from vienna downtown. the hotel is located in a dynamic immigrant area with a main shopping street just a few minutes away. the staff is very friendly, helpful and multi-lingual. the rooms -- compared to north amarican standards -- are on the small side, but they are perfectly comfortable, very clean, and with all amenities you might need. if your room does not come with soap/shampoo supply, just ask at the reception desk and they will give you some. wireless internet is free, although -- depending on your floor -- it can be a bit iffy. however, it works great in the lobby. i would definitely recommend this place and would most certainly book it again when in vienna.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2012