All hotels in Marion, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1802 Bittle Pl, Marion, IL, 62959, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.7
    2.5
"sleepless in Marion"
Where do I start? Had to drive thru trailer park to get to hotel and next to front door is front door to bar. It appears as if everyone from trailer park was there. Also, the room did not smell good. If I weren't so sleepy and all other hotel rooms booked, I would never have stayed at this motel. Better off sleeping at rest area
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
"near all the action spots"
I was a nice, restful spot. The room was furnished with more furniture and appliances than I expected. I would recommend the motel to anyone looking to stay in Marion IL
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"it was ok"
It was outdated yet pretty clean. The bed was the hardest bed I have ever slept on. We stayed 2 nights but the maid service never came in to clean a thing. We asked for washcloths the 2nd day but we're told they had none clean. The people in the room next to us partied and I don't think the hotel said a thing about it.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Corissa
"America's Best- Marion IL"
Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, reasonable price.
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
kathleen
"stay was just ok"
My stay was just ok. The front desk attendant was very helpful. The bathroom was very small and cramped. But ok for a one night stay.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"new beds"
hotel was not clean and is desperately in need of new beds and pillows!
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Nice for the price"
it's was ok for an overnite stay not for a vacation
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
cheryl
"Pretty Scary - Very Shady!!!!!"
If I could give an negative rating I would - how on earth this place recieved 2 stars is beyond me! My overall would be a negative 10. Cleanliness - negative 10. I checked in at 5:20pm and checked out about 3 or 4 hours later I didn't even stay. After check in I went and visited with my daughter and came back, again a few hours later, entered the room to find a cockroach crawling on the TV. The door of the room was not secure to the door frame. Someone could have easily opened the door, even with it chained and locked. Very scary experience for a woman traveling alone. I'll never stay at another America's Best Value Inn - not even if its free. And you might want to warn people that there are residents living at the hotel. Again pulling up to realize there are not just other guests but actually residents living there - lots of shady people coming and going - wandering around with their doors open - smoking and drinking... did I mention it was scary!!!
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Kara
"last resort"
Minimal effort put into every facet of hotel. Entire hotel dingy, first thing we did was check for bed bugs. Out dated television, not enough electrical outlets. (Had to move couch to plug phone and laptop had to go in bathroom) . Only use as last resort. It was affordable, but still not worth. My wife was worried about safety.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
mike
"Don't ever stay here!"
Filthy room, very old furniture, awful bed!!!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Very satisfied"
For the price and location we were very happy with our stay. The room was very clean, we had a King that had a pull out couch, both were VERY comfortable. We got in fairly late (around 10:00pm) and checked in quickly. There were not sheets or a blanket for the pull out but a call to the front desk took care of that within 15 minutes. I was worried about a 2 star establishment but had no other choice as everything was booked. Pleasantly surprised!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Kellie
"Horrible"
After checking into our room, the first thing we noticed was that our toilet was very dirty. There was some type of yellow grime left in the toilet, like it wasn't cleaned. Very disgusting. The bathroom also was dirty. We noticed lots of hair in places it shouldn't have been. On one of the beds, the fitted sheet did not fit and kept coming undone. We were definitely not sleeping on that bed because we were not going to have a chance of touching the mattress. Also, the free Wi-Fi was non existent. We were so disgusted of the room's cleanliness, that we would wear sandals or socks because we did not want our feet touching the floor. Thumbs Down.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
UNHAPPY CLIENT
"Terrible"
Did not represent pictures on internet at all. We were in a building detached from hotel that was dirty with no lighting. My 2 children and I were scared to stay because of a door with bad locks that looked like it had been kicked in and a window with a half pried off screen. We left did not stay and hotel refused to give us full refund. Blamed it on Expedia.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Review"
The room was clean. Towels were clean but smelled funny, probably just cheap detergent. Room was very over-priced, probably due to large concert event in area, usually a hotel/room like this would be about $40 ish a night...we paid $117! Hotel bar staff was rude and we didn't get our free drink. This hotel would be good for a must have overnite stay.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"You don't have my room? REALLY?"
I called and confirmed that I would be a late check in. I prepaid for this room and chose two queens as I had another couple with me. All they had when I got there was a king. He brought a rollaway in for me. I'm 6'4 and not happy. Tv didn't work. No discounts or refunds offered.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"would never recommend this hotel!"
Everything was dirty and stained, even the towels. Pool was mildewy/musty and green.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Concert"
Bed needs to be replaced. More towels in bathroom.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
jennifer
"Needs some tlc."
We had a telephone that didn't work. Lights that didn't come on. The free wi-fi wouldn't let me connect and when it did it was so slow that I couldn't draw from it. The rest room had dirt on the sink counters. The office girl was sweet and the beds were comfy. Wouldn't stay a second time.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Sheri
"Thin Walls"
Good hotel if you are a heavy sleeper. Walls are very thin and can hear everything, even when your neighbor turns on the light. If you are a heavy sleeper is great if not, you might want to think of somewhere else to get some sleep.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Please pay attention to the awful reviews!!!"
At first glance as I pulled up I noticed garbage strewn about the property. On entering the main lobby the atmosphere was comfortable and the desk clerk friendly. This is where the pleasantness stops. My rooms hard flooring was filthy. (A pet friendly room) I used a damp towel to wipe my feet before climbing in bed. Everything was old and past repairs were evident everywhere. I had a somewhat comfortable bed but questioned the cleanines after the rest of the room. Spend a few more dollars elsewhere! You will be grateful you did!!!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Deborah
"car show"
liked roominess of room and good size private bathroom. great breakfast selections and many stores and restaurants nearby. good service and clean room. great value for the price. would stay there again. stayed there to attend the car craft mag. car show in du quoin Illinois.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Good location near everything needed."
Great and I will stay there next year too!
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
"Scary"
The hotel was frightening. Doors are paper thin. Very loud. Bed was very uncomfortable.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
soccer mom
"A place to meet"
My fiancé and I rented a room for three days so that we could meet up halfway; we are currently long-distance. The room was decent, but it was difficult to move around because there were so many chairs. Normally, I wouldn't complain about having too much furniture, but there were three chairs, a couch, an ottoman, a table and a desk crammed into our narrow room along with the usual bed and entertainment center.
Other trip May 27, 2014
A
"Good overnight hotel for visiting the University."
The staff was friendly and helpful. The other customers were also friendly. The room was clean. New bedspreads..Bed was comfortable. Not noisy. Had a frig and microwave. Lots of food choices nearby. 11 miles from campus. Plenty of security camera's watching the halls. This is an okay place to spend a night. Not fancy.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Connie
I booked a room with king size bed we got 2 full size beds the covers were tattered and torn customer service was great
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Not to bad overall"
Wasn't the greatest, pool was way to hot but overall we enjoyed the night.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Hotel Stay"
Stay was ok, building was old could use some updating/modernization
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Never Again"
The room was awful. Started with door was hard to open, then when I got it open I could barely get the door open all the way. Once the door was shut I could see daylight coming through the door. The clientele I saw coming in and out was less than desirable. The only reason I booked was because it was graduation weekend and the only hotel available. Wrong!
Other trip May 12, 2014
Refuse
Fine for a short overnight stay. Front desk employees helpful and friendly. Condition of room - clean but in dire need of updating. Room also had a strange odor about it
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Just as name suggests"
This is the best value hotel if you are on a budget. Don't expect anything fancy.
2 night business trip May 7, 2014
Walls are paper thin. Room was right by metal staircase and was unable to sleep due to noise level. Staff very nice.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"marion visit"
The service was good nice customer service.... However the cleanliness of the room was just terrible the table was sticky the blanket had smoke burns in them the pillow case had juice stains on them it was just bad.
4 night business trip May 1, 2014
traveler
"wont return :("
well, lets see there is a bar downstairs, and people that stay there and drink then run around banging on doors, cursing people out for hours in the middle of the night was a little upsetting but from the moment we sat on the bed, whose sheets popped right off because they were the wrong size, i knew we may be in for a problem. sent my son to get ice.. oopps its broken, so sent him to the gas station to get some. put it in our cooler NOT THE REFRIGERATOR, which over the weekend leaked all over my suitcase of clothes. they had to be laundered before my grand fathers funeral. not that i didnt have enough to do i need to be online.. nope cut out every 5 to 15 min. the people that work there were very nice, they apologized for the connection, said they told their boss of that problem before to no avail. they were extremely apologetic about the crazy loud people. and cleaned the room well when we were out. so no problem with them
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
tammy
"Location ok for Garden of the Gods"
The room that was confirmed on the reservation was not what was provided. Staff very nice even though they would not change the room. Room was okay
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Terri B
Quiet , clean , comfortable . I would recommend this hotel .
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
sue
"Sorry, cannot comprehend "title of review"!"
Stayed 3 nites, we've spent 25 yrs, managing apts. & husband now wks at a resort in a tourist town. He noted the slow sink, paint scraped off wall by a chair, where he works, that would never be tolerated. Reported slow sink when checking out. it was clean,though!Also had a refrigerated mini bar sitting on chest and it covered most the mirror on wall. Needed a separate place for it !!!
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Passing thru"
You could tell building was older but room and bathroom very clean. Bed comfortable. Quiet for location . Breakfast very nice variety. Staff very pleasant. Well worth the money if you do not expect fancy.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
cheryl
"Comfortable stay"
For the money it was well worth it. The hotel staff was VERY nice and pleasant. It was clean and affordable and great location next to a gas station and restaurants.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
"Horrible experience"
We arrived to the hotel at 9:45pm, she had no record of our reservation, and although I provided my email confirmation She proceeded to make us stand at the front desk with our 3 children for 25 minutes. The first room she issued to us was clearly not touched after the previous client left, one bed made, the other completely ripped apart. No sincere apologies offered.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
Teresa
"Reasonably priced."
The hotel was conveniently located right off of highway. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Easy and reasonable"
This is a reasonably priced hotel. We found it easily traveling on a 2 day trip from Georgia to central Illinois. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Motel Review"
Marion,Il is always under road construction. Motel a bit hard to get in and out of. For the price, fine motel Strong smell of cleaning fluid in halls. Breakfast OK. Nice king bed. Would have wanted a nicer place if wife had been with me.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Nice place to lay your head"
Staff was very helpful. Room was clean. For the price it was a good place to get some sleep.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"Not what I expected."
Though I booked a room for pets through Expedia Americas Best Value Inn in Marion, IL, didn't have that record so relocated us to a smoking pet room with two beds instead of the king bed/nonsmoking room we had reserved. No smoking smell was there though the room had been "overwhelmed" with cleaning materials to cover it up. The hot water was luke warm, the heater was set up to work on a motion sensor so that meant when we were asleep it didn't work. It was near zero outside so it got a little chilly inside. The motel as in dire need of remodeling. Staff friendly and helpful with requests.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Good place to stay and well priced"
Got worried when I saw the bar next door (rough crowd that night). But once in our bedroom (building behind) it was surprisingly really quiet. Your stay will come with a token for a free beer at the bar next door (FYI: IT IS ONLY FOR BEER!). If you need a night to rest while doing an 18h drive, this is the place! Price is right too!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Frenchy
"Just a newer Bates Motel"
Our family was driving home to Colorado from Florida, and this was just a pit stop. As we pulled up, there was a girl getting arrested in the adjacent parking lot and there were 4 cop cars. There is a liquor store attached to the motel, which seemed to attract some interesting people. I am far from a snob, but this place is somewhere not suited for families with small children. The room smelled of carpet powder, furnishings were very dated, towels were like sand paper, and NO hot water for showers. This is just the perfect example of getting what you pay for. Stay on the other side of the highway--the area is much nicer and the motels that cost more are well worth it. Luckily, Norman Bates' mother didnt make an appearance that night!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
marisa
"close to highway"
stay was ok but I only stayed one night but was charged for two shouldve gotten a discount since i stayed only for one night...
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2013

"OK, but you get what you pay for."
We stayed 2 nights due to needing to be in Carbondale for a graduation. We knew going in that this was a low budget hotel and only needed someplace to lay our head at night. The staff is excellent! They were very friendly and extremely accomodating. However.... We were on the first floor. The room was very humid and had a funky old smell. It was clean, the beds were very comfy. And we were not charged extra for the 1 1/2 inch water bug that was climbing the wall. The staff took care of it quickly. They did offer us another room but my husband did not want to move. The hair dryer did not work. Ok well I lied, it worked for 5 seconds and then promptly overheated. The toilet was clean but the seat was extremely loose. Made for interesting potty time. If in a pinch I would stay again, but only if there were no other choices.
2 night family trip May 10, 2013