All hotels in Vancouver, Washington, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here9201 NE Vancouver Mall Drive, Vancouver, WA, 98662, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Nice hotel close to the places we were visiting."
would have liked a hot breakfast buffet, instead of the continental buffet, but all else was good.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Miguel
Enjoyed the hot tub. Good place to stay
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
M Vogel
Service was great. Rooms were clean. The hot tub jets were fantastic. I will be back
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"One of the worst."
Checked in by nice hotel clerk. The bedspreads on both beds were old and worn, had bleach stains on them. TV remote did not work, the carpet was dirty and sticky. The entire hotel was aged and not that clean. Would never even consider staying there again or any other Howard Johnson.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Not good"
the elevator stunk like someone had to take a poo in it no microwave my dad had reserved the room for me and I was told I only needed my ID and confirmation code when I showed up at 3 I was sent away and was told that I had to come up with another hundred and a credit card my dad had to come down and sign papers when he got off of work so I didn't even get a check in till like 5 it ruined my whole night and wasn't worth what I paid for it was very upsetting cuz I had a baby 3 months ago and I was taking a night out for myself and I'm not rich saved up to go and wasn't the night I was hoping away with my husband
Response by Howard Johnson Inn and Suites by Vancouver Mall
We are sorry for any inconvenience you had at check in. It is our hotel policy not to take credit card numbers over the phone or cards that do not match person name checking in. We do require a credit card authorization to use a credit card to protect the person who card it is and our hotel. We require the photo identification and credit card for incidentals from all third party websites.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Some disappointments that will keep me away"
The rooms as a whole are small. Our room was clean enough, but the bathrooms are extremely small. The bathroom consists of a shower and toilet. The shower crosses the top of the bathroom and is actually bigger than the entire bathroom. The pillows on the bed were half-pillows, they weren't even a standard-size pillow, and the mattress was so firm that I didn't sleep at all, and my bed at home is firm, so that tells you how bad the mattress was. The pool and spa area was clean, but there was so much chlorine in the water that the water was cloudy. Although not unusable, it did dry out the skin very much. The room was not bad, but the bed and the bathroom are enough that I will avoid staying at this hotel when in town.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Tammy
It was ok. It was nice that the pool was open until midnight.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Adequate"
We stayed here and drove in to Portland everyday and it was super convenient for that. Depending on traffic about 15 to 20 minute drive. The shower in our room leaked and left the bathroom floor soaked after every shower and a strip of mold along the bottom of the door. Breakfast was sparse and did not vary at all for the three days we were there.
3 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Rob
"Nice Stay"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and property was in fairly good shape for its age. Only problem encountered was room was not cleaned and made up one night. Hotel gave us courtesy discount for this misstep. Will stay here again when in area.
5 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Leon Wilde
"Good but kind of noisy"
It's just outside a shopping mall, clean and friendly. The single living room surprised me, and it's the only I lived which rated 2-star has a special designed tea cup and some bath facilities. It looks so nice in the beginning. BUT the sound insulation are so bad....we can clearly heard what our neighbors talking about......And although they have the beautiful fruits in their breakfast, I can't find any milk, yogurt and they only have the power-coffee-mate.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Only 3 miles from the Grotto."
Room is clean. Perfect for an overnight satay which is what I was looking for.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Jun
"Very friendly staff, nice breakfast, uncomfortable"
Howard really needs to replace the beds... They are creaky and very uncomfortable.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Hotels.com saved me 2 dollars"
When I went in to get my room the person behind me was a walk in and got a room two doors down from mine for 2 dollars less???? The night person was great walked into room to find no towels and the remote did not work the room was cleaned to half standards I have been here twice and will never return
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
We paid for a Queen suite deluxe with 2 queen beds, but the beds were doubles. Toilet wasnt flushing correctly. Parking lot needs to be larger. Air conditioner didn't work correctly. This hotel like many others has no handicapped accessible rooms other then a room that's just a single queen bed. The staff however were very friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Caitlin Gonzalez
"Mall vicinity motel"
Large room in older, but well-maintained motel. Better than expected breakfast.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Right next to the mall and other places."
Really nice area . Only about 20mins from portland . Stayed here three days . Easy check in. Clean room, king size beds. They were comfy. One thing that was a minor issue was our bathroom shower door didn't close right , the bottom corner of the door was slightly open but it was not a big deal . No spillage. But other than that no negatives.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
anon jane
"Excellent staff and very clean."
Staff went above and beyond. Breakfast spread was great with fresh strawberries for your waffles. Linens were especially nice with big fluffy towels. Room was clean and smelled fresh.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Kat
Well When I went to check in there was no clerk. They had to go find someone. I was second in line after another man. Room was ok but no refrigerator. Very close to Portland Airport.
1 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2014
"Perfect location for shopping and access to city."
Located convenient right inside the Westfield Vancouver Mall. All accessible to restaurants, freeways, PDX airport, about 10' to Salem and Portland. Facility needs to be improved a little bit; however room service is excellent. Free Continental breakfast and wireless. Good location for a short term visit.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
bebe
"2nd Stay"
This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. We enjoyed our stay...
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Darryl
"Ya gets what ya pay for!"
Was rather disappointed in the overall worn look of the hotel. No security on windows of 1st. floor. Dirty spa. Coffee maker not emptied and supplies replaced. Broken drawers. Not efficient service from staff.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Karen & Barb
"decent stay"
The room was comfortable and clean. I felt that the hotel was generally nicer than other HoJo's I've been to. The continental breakfast was better than I anticipated (eg there was fresh fruit).
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"2 night stay in July 2014"
This is a 3 star hotel. That's not a knock on it. Fair price for a place to stay. Wasn't looking for a 5 star hotel that cost a lot more. You get what you pay for. Location is next to mall which is great for places to eat. Parking is limited but mall has plenty. Friendly counter. Clean rooms. All the sheets smell like bleach which is good for cleanliness. Nothing fancy in the rooms. Small flat screen. Small fridge. Small microwave. They all do they job. We didn't spend much time in the room. Needed a clean & cheap place to crash. The hotel worked hard to keep the place going with keeping it clean and stocked. Didn't smell musky. Maid service was sub par is my only complaint. The breakfast area is just like everything else in the hotel. Nothing fancy and small. Does the job but if you're expecting a great spread, then you are not seeing the picture of the hotel. It gets the job done for a fair price and if you want more, you must pay more and that goes for the breakfast too. I'll stay there again because it is close to Washougal which is the event we were going to.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
mxracer
"Friendly and decent but missing a couple of things"
The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The room was as advertised (we stayed in 322) with an adjoining room which housed a fairly loud group of teenagers. I assume they were siblings. Not the hotel's issue however since we didn't call to complain. Big issues for me? No microwave or mini-fridge in the room. Maybe I'm just spoiled but most mid-range 'suite' places I've stayed have both and when you are travelling light I guess I just expect those 2 key things to be there. The breakfast did include a waffle maker and the basics but no muffins, eggs or meat were offered. The breakfast area was pretty small and with just a few tables, we decided to skip utilizing this area since it was busy and hard to move around in.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
JP
"Dissapointed"
We had reserved room for daughter & kids coming from CA. The shower (which the door could not close) & toilet in a small as a small closet area that closed with a pocket door. The toilet ran all the time. The TV only received 3 stations. First time at a HOJO & will be last time.
4 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Sandy
"Dirty"
The room was dirty! The coffee pot still had the last persons coffee in it.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Cheap and basic."
The rates are low and it's reflected in the condition of the facility. The room really needs to be updated as everything was old and tired looking. The room as a whole felt sanitary but not the type of clean that make you wanna get comfortable. Sheets are threadbare, pillows lumpy, shower caulking was mildew stained, glass surfaces needed to be wiped down, etc. The staff were friendly and helpful but otherwise it's a typical "value" type hotel.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Not the worst"
This could be a very nice hotel. Not well cleaned. Terrible breakfast with only carbs available. Couldn't sit on couch because of dirt. Won't return.
7 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
Clean and friendly at a good price!
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
"great location"
great place to stay. We came to search for a condo on the waterfront. This location was ideal. Clean, friendly, good breakfast and nice indoor pool. Will stay again
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
JR
"Convenient & Pet Friendly"
It was perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. I made use of the indoor swimming pool and the dogs had plenty of room to walk outside. The room was average. Overall a clean and well managed property.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Theplanmancan
"Great Place"
The hotel was all it was previewed to be. Great location, clean room and great service.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Chuck Farnworth
"The hotel was nice"
Very nice hotel, good a area. The only thing it smelt of cigerette , we asked for more towels and never rec'd them , otherwise it was good.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
concierge was very friendly and helpful;
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Stayed one night with my daughter and granddaughter.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Marty
"Near places I need to visit"
I appreciate the way the front desk staff greet me and attend to any needs I have. When I got in my room I found that the TV was not working. I called and someone was there within minutes and solved the problem. Breakfast is good and dishes are refilled promptly. The man who feels the need to sit in the breakfast room with his computers needs to be told to move someplace else when they are so busy. He took up a table for two and was not eating.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great "budget" room"
3 day stay for family event. Room huge. Large walk-in shower. Great TV channel selection. Refrig &micro. By big mall & restaurants. Really helpful staff.
3 night trip Jun 9, 2014
RLS
"Inexpensive hotel close to Vancouver Mall"
This hotel is an older property and this is reflected in the pricing. It is kept clean but is in need of updating, and they appear to be working on that. The walls between room are not well insulated for sound. The staff was excellent and very helpful. The continental breakfast was not as large as some, but adequate and well stocked. They do have waffles. The pool was nice and the hot tub great. I wouldn't recommend this as luxury accommodations but it was a decent budget option.
Response by Howard Johnson Inn and Suites by Vancouver Mall
Paula, Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currently working on up grading our hotel. We hope to see you back in the near future.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Paula
"No Parking"
Parking lot was being redone and we had to park in the mall parking lot
Response by Howard Johnson Inn and Suites by Vancouver Mall
Dave, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry for the inconvenience you had during your stay from our parking lot being redone.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
DAVE
"Lacking"
From the outside the Howard Johnson looks like a nice hotel but when you get to your room it just seems lacking. I feel like there should be more then 3 pillows on each bed. I also felt like the hotel was entirely to warm. We had to run our air conditioner all might long just to keep the room moderately cool. The continental breakfast had a few items but really didn't have much to offer in the way of filling breakfast food.
Response by Howard Johnson Inn and Suites by Vancouver Mall
Thank you for your review. I have shared your comment and concerns with the proper departments.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"family of four"
Great walking distance across the Westfield Mall. Close to many eating establishments. Movie theater was 3mins away. Great location near many shopping stores. Complimentary breakfast could have more selection with variety of yogurts and fruits. Not enough table and chairs so it was eat and run. Front desk staff were awesome from the time I checked in until I checked out. Definitely would stay there again.
Response by Howard Johnson Inn and Suites by Vancouver Mall
Tino, Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the near future.
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
"An "OK" hotel, close to shopping and dining"
It was satisfactory for the price we paid, the room was really outdated and had a crack in one of the mirrors along with cigarette burns on the desk. The room could of used some upgrades, maintenance and minor improvements.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Disappointing"
The sheets were dirty upon check in. They corrected promptly but the showers had poor water pressure and the continental breakfast was terrible. Basically only cold cereal and waffles in a cramped dining room with inadequate seating. Would not recommend.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Brittany
"Filthy"
The rooms were dirty. Stuff running down the walls, shower was dirty, phone didn't work. We booked 2 rooms and both were filthy. Neither one of the coffee pots had been washed. I won't be staying there again.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Good place to spend the night"
Very nice hotel nothing to special. First room we checked onto the AC did not work too week so we were switched without any problems to a nice cold ac. Front desk was very helpful and friendly
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"Nice hotel close to friends we are visiting."
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We were only there one night but I would return as long as I can get the same rate. They gave us a upgrade so we had a small fridge and a micro wave.
Other trip May 20, 2014
It worked well for my business in Vancouver.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
"Only a bargain if you get the bargain deal."
We got this hotel at least $15 cheaper than any other site through Expedia. That is the only way that I would book it. The room was ok. The pillows were a little flat, the bathroom was tiny, the bed was ok comfort-wise. There were cracked tiles in the elevator. The continental breakfast was the best part of the stay thanks to the fresh fruit they provided. We were too tired to enjoy the indoor pool, but it was nice to know we had that option.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Boo1982
"Not too bad."
If you're a person that can't handle thin walls then this place ain't for you. That's the only set back.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Alvin
The staff and breakfast area was great. I must say though that the bed was a bit uncomfortable.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2014