All hotels in Vancouver, Washington, United States of America
9201 NE Vancouver Mall Drive, Vancouver, WA, 98662, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Howard Johnson - Very pleasant stay!"
We chose Howard Johnson because they are pet friendly. We really appreciate the warm welcome we received with our pet who was slightly over their pet weight limit. No hassle. The room was clean and spacious. Lighting and switches were easy to find. The heater wasn't too noisy and kept the room comfortable. The beds were clean but the mattresses were lumpy. The shower was bright and spacious (no tub) but the shower head left a bit to be desired. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2015
Sherrie
"Love it!"
Owners were great. She even shared some of her awesome cooking with me!!!
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Jon
Had a great stay
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Joshua
"Worst hotel ever!"
This was the first and last time we stay at this hotel. Phillys, the front desk clerk was far from helpful, she was rude and had no regard for what we had requested in our booking. When she gave me the keys to the rooms we booked she did not give us any direction as to where they were, I had to look for them. The front office staff spent every minute possible outside smoking and chit chatting instead of answering the phone or doing their job right. The pool had so much chlorine my kids complained about their eyes hurting and decided to leave the pool area. Their breakfast consisted of a waffle, old bagels and cold coffee. This was the worst experience ever that I had to call Hotels.com and complain. They at least were helpful. Will never stay at this location ever again.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Niria D
"Nice hotel close to the mall"
Good experience would stay again. The rooms are nice lobby is nice and good breakfast. I would bring my own pillow though because the hotel pillows suck
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
kelli
"A great hotel for the price"
Good location and good value for the low price. Very friendly staff.
3 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Patti
It was a quick stay close to the testing facility. I got in late and the room was nice
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
ted
"greaat location.. nice staff"
easy to check in early. have been here before and its always well run and clean. quick check in and like to stay there.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2014
ron
"Good value overall"
Good price for a holiday weekend. The womanworking when we checked in was very nice and helpful with everything. Other employees afterwards... Not as helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very basic and nothing to get too excited about, but that wasn't a huge concern for us. We were a little disappointed that the hot tub was not available during our stay, but the pool was still open for the kids. Overall we were pleased with our visit.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Ok, But not what I expected from HOJO"
Used to manage motels (GM, DM, and OD). Pro: Lobby nice, staff pleasant/helpful. Shower worked well with plenty of water. Close to mall/restaurants. Cons: Room across from the elevator & vending. It was quite plain (no micro/frig). Ice machine on 1st floor, we were on 3rd. Fabric on desk chair was dirty/stained. Beds were hard as a rock. Found mold (not just a little) in the bath above shower door. Shower light inop. Grout on tile floor was nasty. Hot tub out of service during our stay so no relaxation after shopping. Continental Breakfast antiquated; reminded me of days past. Most now offer hot eggs and a protein (bacon/sausage). The first morning there was no eggs. Guests had a choice of cereal, waffle, or bread products. They only have 1 waffle machine - breakfast area was full; so getting to the 1 machine was a joke as there was a long line. Wife eventually just gave up after 15 minutes as people were cooking for entire family once they got to the 1 machine. She would likely have stood there for an additional 10 minutes. The fellow putting food out, pushed the garbage down in the can, then went into the kitchen area and brought out more food without washing his hands! Summary: We did receive a good rate ($55 per night), but my expectations of the facility, amenities, room and continental breakfast were far higher than what was experienced. If you don’t give a rip about the above, it’s a good value. If you do, look elsewhere and pay the higher fee.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Thanksgiving family get away"
Howard Johnson hotels use to be so up scale. This one is aged with poor upkeep. The tv swivel was cut out of cheap unfinished wood & looked terrible. The staff couldn't keep up on continental breakfast for what was offered. Housekeeping didn't clean our un room coffee maker. One evening a bunch of young adults were hanging out in the stairway. A filthy looking couple smoking outside, looked suspicious and someone was smoking cigarettes in the second floor.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Dirty!"
Our room was very dirty and had lots of mold. When we first entered the room lotion was spilled all over the bed spread. I was happy that I brought my own Lysol wipes!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Dated room"
First impressions of room wasn't pleasent. The room had a very dirty clothes found in the corner after a month smell. Moldy, unpleasant. Beds worn, hard and it looked like someone had just laid on the bed earlier. Still had body shapes.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Raven Lunatic
"Clean & basic. Nice staff, easy to get to location"
For the price, above average! The owners & staff work hard to keep the hotel clean & are very helpful. If they accepted larger pets (current limit is 20 lbs) we would go back on our next stay
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
angelique
"Bitter Sweet"
Our reservation process, check in, stay, etc. were all very nice. However, I'm extremely disappointed in the management. We came back to our room one afternoon and our door had been left propped open by the house keeping, ALL day. The front desk clerk was incredible, she showed empathy and immediately checked the cameras to make sure no one had gone in. She called management and advised them. Nothing was stolen (Thank Heavens!!) She even offered to have our room re-cleaned to make sure all was well. I'm ashamed I didn't get her name, she was fantastic. But I never received not even an call, a credit, a note, nothing from either management staff, the Hotel manager or the House Keeping manager. I was told someone would contact me. At check out I assumed that would happen, but no, nothing. My phone number was in the reservation and even asked the front desk if the manager got back in to call. No Call. If it wasn't for the front desk staff my rating would be lower. However, the hotel was convenient to the airport, a shopping mall across the street and easy access to the free way.
2 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
"Good enough"
The room was clean and the bed was okay. The hotel had the usual breakfast with the waffle maker. I have no complaints for the price we paid. The desk attendant was very helpful for directions to attractions.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Cat
"needed new carpet"
Could be updated but the owners are really nice!
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
Paulette
"OK"
It was just conveint, kept changing prices, made us mad!
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
Paulette
"Great place to stay a night"
Check-in was easy, our room was large and clean, and breakfast was well stocked. On the downside, hallway noise was noticeable, and our A/C wasn't adjustable or was broken, and also rattled. Overall, a great value, and I'd definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"there will be a 3rd stay !!"
we have been there before we will be back. Great price and location good service. Service orientated staff I have and will continue to recommend the location. More hotels should follow what they provide !!
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
ron hoel
"Great location as we were next to a mall."
Very friendly staff and helpful on surrounding area. Room very nice.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Bonnie
"Cheap doesnt mean better"
Front desk was nice. Hair left in shower and tv remote filthy with unknown substance on it. Breakfast could be way better! Questionable people hanging around outside.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2014
Easy check in and out. Rooms clean and neat. Breakfast supplied not too bad had healthy choices not just sweet stuff.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Cindy
Staff and long term guest sat just outside front door and smoked. It was a 4 day long headache .
4 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Alycia
"Just what you'd expect"
Exactly what I expected. I've stayed there twice prior and each time even though I reserve the same type of room there is three different qualities.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Not bad"
Only issue was the pool was closed in the morning and my daughter was disappointed
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Spend a little more to stay somewhere else"
Upon arrival there was immediate disappointment with the hotel clerk who was checking people in at the front desk. I handed her my confirmation and driver's license. I was rudely told that she only needed my license. After checking in and parking the car to unload luggage, there were what appeared to be transients standing all around the front of the property smoking in every location possible. Signs were posted that there was no smoking within 25 feet. This however did not matter to the hotel staff or the people outside. The air conditioner took until about 2 a.m. to finally cool off our room. At 8:30 I decided to pull out the sofa bed only to discover that there was no bedding on it. The couch was covered in stains and holes. I called down to the front desk clerk only to be told that it would be a while as the elevator was out of service. The stairs were right next to the elevator. About 20 min. went by and bedding was brought up by the front desk clerk who proceeded to complain about having to walk up the stairs. Room cleaning was terrible. The did not replenish the coffee the first day so I had to ask for more at the front desk and they were out. It almost appeared as though this was a "room by the hour" hotel. The guests that I witnessed leaving at 6:20 in the morning pretty much confirmed this by their attire that was worn the night before as they headed down the parking lot onto the street. The panhandlers from the corner were also guests here. No tub.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Kellie
"Nice hotel close to the places we were visiting."
would have liked a hot breakfast buffet, instead of the continental buffet, but all else was good.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Miguel
Enjoyed the hot tub. Good place to stay
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
M Vogel
Service was great. Rooms were clean. The hot tub jets were fantastic. I will be back
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"One of the worst."
Checked in by nice hotel clerk. The bedspreads on both beds were old and worn, had bleach stains on them. TV remote did not work, the carpet was dirty and sticky. The entire hotel was aged and not that clean. Would never even consider staying there again or any other Howard Johnson.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Not good"
the elevator stunk like someone had to take a poo in it no microwave my dad had reserved the room for me and I was told I only needed my ID and confirmation code when I showed up at 3 I was sent away and was told that I had to come up with another hundred and a credit card my dad had to come down and sign papers when he got off of work so I didn't even get a check in till like 5 it ruined my whole night and wasn't worth what I paid for it was very upsetting cuz I had a baby 3 months ago and I was taking a night out for myself and I'm not rich saved up to go and wasn't the night I was hoping away with my husband
Response by Howard Johnson Inn and Suites by Vancouver Mall
We are sorry for any inconvenience you had at check in. It is our hotel policy not to take credit card numbers over the phone or cards that do not match person name checking in. We do require a credit card authorization to use a credit card to protect the person who card it is and our hotel. We require the photo identification and credit card for incidentals from all third party websites.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Some disappointments that will keep me away"
The rooms as a whole are small. Our room was clean enough, but the bathrooms are extremely small. The bathroom consists of a shower and toilet. The shower crosses the top of the bathroom and is actually bigger than the entire bathroom. The pillows on the bed were half-pillows, they weren't even a standard-size pillow, and the mattress was so firm that I didn't sleep at all, and my bed at home is firm, so that tells you how bad the mattress was. The pool and spa area was clean, but there was so much chlorine in the water that the water was cloudy. Although not unusable, it did dry out the skin very much. The room was not bad, but the bed and the bathroom are enough that I will avoid staying at this hotel when in town.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Tammy
It was ok. It was nice that the pool was open until midnight.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Adequate"
We stayed here and drove in to Portland everyday and it was super convenient for that. Depending on traffic about 15 to 20 minute drive. The shower in our room leaked and left the bathroom floor soaked after every shower and a strip of mold along the bottom of the door. Breakfast was sparse and did not vary at all for the three days we were there.
3 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Rob
"Nice Stay"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and property was in fairly good shape for its age. Only problem encountered was room was not cleaned and made up one night. Hotel gave us courtesy discount for this misstep. Will stay here again when in area.
5 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Leon Wilde
"Good but kind of noisy"
It's just outside a shopping mall, clean and friendly. The single living room surprised me, and it's the only I lived which rated 2-star has a special designed tea cup and some bath facilities. It looks so nice in the beginning. BUT the sound insulation are so bad....we can clearly heard what our neighbors talking about......And although they have the beautiful fruits in their breakfast, I can't find any milk, yogurt and they only have the power-coffee-mate.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Only 3 miles from the Grotto."
Room is clean. Perfect for an overnight satay which is what I was looking for.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Jun
"Very friendly staff, nice breakfast, uncomfortable"
Howard really needs to replace the beds... They are creaky and very uncomfortable.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Hotels.com saved me 2 dollars"
When I went in to get my room the person behind me was a walk in and got a room two doors down from mine for 2 dollars less???? The night person was great walked into room to find no towels and the remote did not work the room was cleaned to half standards I have been here twice and will never return
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
We paid for a Queen suite deluxe with 2 queen beds, but the beds were doubles. Toilet wasnt flushing correctly. Parking lot needs to be larger. Air conditioner didn't work correctly. This hotel like many others has no handicapped accessible rooms other then a room that's just a single queen bed. The staff however were very friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Caitlin Gonzalez
"Mall vicinity motel"
Large room in older, but well-maintained motel. Better than expected breakfast.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Right next to the mall and other places."
Really nice area . Only about 20mins from portland . Stayed here three days . Easy check in. Clean room, king size beds. They were comfy. One thing that was a minor issue was our bathroom shower door didn't close right , the bottom corner of the door was slightly open but it was not a big deal . No spillage. But other than that no negatives.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
anon jane
"Excellent staff and very clean."
Staff went above and beyond. Breakfast spread was great with fresh strawberries for your waffles. Linens were especially nice with big fluffy towels. Room was clean and smelled fresh.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Kat
Well When I went to check in there was no clerk. They had to go find someone. I was second in line after another man. Room was ok but no refrigerator. Very close to Portland Airport.
1 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2014
"Perfect location for shopping and access to city."
Located convenient right inside the Westfield Vancouver Mall. All accessible to restaurants, freeways, PDX airport, about 10' to Salem and Portland. Facility needs to be improved a little bit; however room service is excellent. Free Continental breakfast and wireless. Good location for a short term visit.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
bebe
"2nd Stay"
This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. We enjoyed our stay...
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Darryl
"Ya gets what ya pay for!"
Was rather disappointed in the overall worn look of the hotel. No security on windows of 1st. floor. Dirty spa. Coffee maker not emptied and supplies replaced. Broken drawers. Not efficient service from staff.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Karen & Barb
"decent stay"
The room was comfortable and clean. I felt that the hotel was generally nicer than other HoJo's I've been to. The continental breakfast was better than I anticipated (eg there was fresh fruit).
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"2 night stay in July 2014"
This is a 3 star hotel. That's not a knock on it. Fair price for a place to stay. Wasn't looking for a 5 star hotel that cost a lot more. You get what you pay for. Location is next to mall which is great for places to eat. Parking is limited but mall has plenty. Friendly counter. Clean rooms. All the sheets smell like bleach which is good for cleanliness. Nothing fancy in the rooms. Small flat screen. Small fridge. Small microwave. They all do they job. We didn't spend much time in the room. Needed a clean & cheap place to crash. The hotel worked hard to keep the place going with keeping it clean and stocked. Didn't smell musky. Maid service was sub par is my only complaint. The breakfast area is just like everything else in the hotel. Nothing fancy and small. Does the job but if you're expecting a great spread, then you are not seeing the picture of the hotel. It gets the job done for a fair price and if you want more, you must pay more and that goes for the breakfast too. I'll stay there again because it is close to Washougal which is the event we were going to.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014