All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
4140 Roosevelt Way Ne, Seattle, WA, 98105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Awesome vibe
    Ordinary pool
Good location, if you're going to the university of Washington.
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
The room was very small, only 1 chair was available for 2 people, no bathtub, the door to the veranda could not be opened so no fresh air was available. For the price we paid, it was a very disappointing experience. The price was too high.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
I really loved this hotel! Great location, easy parking, continental breakfast, cute rooms laid out with an eye for utility -- and a pool! I do wish the shuttle worked as advertised on their site. The staff couldn't arrange a ride for my friends and I downtown at 8 because they said the shuttle was going somewhere else entirely at 4, whereas my understanding was that they have different shuttles running to specific locations and all you have to do is arrange beforehand to make sure the one you need can accommodate you.
2 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2015
Hannah
"Never a 'dole' moment"
Small cozy rooms. Very clean. Staff was great at accommodating. Love the pineapple theme (soap, shampoo, cupcakes).
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Anthony
"Loved University Inn"
Brought dogs. Recieved a doggie gift bag! Found parking immediately, LOVED THE BEDS AND BEDDING!! Totally new experience to have a sheet/personal duvet in one. Slept with my 11 year old daughter with NO problem for the first time! Ordered the duvet for my home. I stay in hotels often and was really taken with this bedding idea of sheet/duvet for 1. Found the staff extremely pleasant. Fun pool, and well kept tucked into a little alcove. Charming place!
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
DuAnn
"Overpriced hotel"
Good stay. The room was overpriced and felt like a remodeled motel. Not sure I'll stay here again. The staff was friendly but still not worth the price.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Lori
"Great location, great service, funky beds"
We stayed for one night before the Seattle to Portland bike ride. The hotel staff were very helpful with recommendations for nearby restaurants and services. The set up breakfast at 4:30 a.m. to accommodate all of the early cyclists. My only complaint is that the AC in the room didn't work, and the funky European duvets were a little weird.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
"University Inn"
Quick trip to University of Washington. The neighborhood is grungy and it's an old property that has been upgraded but cheaply upgraded. The sink stopper would not function-it was stuck closed, but maintenance fixed it. In room coffee is a Keurig-terrible wasteful system. The staff was very nice.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Floyd
"Nice refresh/upgrades."
Wonderful linen, towels and bedding, but structure is basically a motel. Un-inviting pool. Small rooms. At $250 a night with fees, very expensive.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
katie
Great location in U district! Love the duvet covers...very luxurious!
3 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"4th of July, 2 couples."
Booked an overnight for two couples. Walked to Gasworks park and watched the 4th of July fireworks. Beds were plush and comfy, the angled windows were really cool for people-watching. Staff was real friendly and helpful. You can use your room key while it is still in your wallet. Very nice place, I would stay again. Only possible issue is parking.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
"Very enjoyable stay."
This is one of a number of older Seattle hotels that Pineapple has renovated European style (smaller but thoroughly modern rooms, European style bathrooms, nice amenities in the central lobby). Real pleasure to stay in and free bike loans. I spent most of a day on one of their beach cruisers riding around the University District catching up with old friends. Highly recommended, as is the Watertown just up Roosevelt a block and also run by Pineapple (I have stayed there too).
3 night business trip Jul 4, 2015
Benjamin
"Quaint neighborhood"
Hotel was clean and comfortable with nice amenities. There was a great restaurant right next door and the neighborhood is very quaint. We didn't have time to utilize it, but they offer bikes for use at no charge. Great way to get around since parking can be hard to find.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great stay in Seattle"
We came to see the university, and had a very pleasant stay. Staff was responsive to every request and question.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Nice, easy check in. Very friendly staff. Location is easy for pretty much anywhere in the city. Parking is free which is huge!
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
amyb
"Crappy motel close to UWMC"
Moldy wet stinky carpet! No ice machine. No parking! Difficult to access w a wheel chair or cart. Not handicap accessible except for the rear entrance, balconies locked off because they are unsafe, dogs allowed in rooms, breakfast quality is poor!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
d & k
"Nice Hotel next to UW"
This was a great find! I have no idea how this counts as a 2 or 3 star hotel! Great price and great comfort in the room. If I stay in seattle again I will stay here. PORTAGE BAY is the best breakfast place I have ever been to in WA. #EatLikeYouGiveADamn
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Very good value, close to UW campus"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. AC doesn't have a thermostat, you have to constantly turn on and off to make the room the desired temperature. Love the dispensers in the bathroom which eliminates a lot of waste. All hotels should have dispensers. Hallway on second floor smells strange and it's a pretty strong smell. Breakfast is pretty good, dining room is quiet, could stand a TV for some background noise, plus it would be nice to see the news in the morning. Parking is GREAT and you're close to campus which is where we wanted to be. On one of the days we stayed there, our room didn't get cleaned until about 3:30pm. Not a huge deal. The best things about this place are the staff, the location, and the parking.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
smurf
"great location, dog friendly, retro-vibe"
This place is great, small-ish rooms, but remodeled with a very cool Seattle style. They are dog friendly and leave you a goodie bag in your room for your 4-legged friend. The pool is awesome - this place is a really nice alternative to the chain hotels! University District has great food and they even have loaner bikes to cruise around on complimentary!
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Annitra
Good location close to the University. Nice stay. Great staff. Decent continental breakfast. Internet was free, but not the best as it kept dropping out on us.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"To Each His/Her Own"
Room, while clean, was very small. The duvet cover provided was difficult to arrange on the bed despite the instructions provided. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and free parking is a plus. Other than Ivar's, we found the restaurant selection in the neighborhood to be lacking so would not stay here again.
4 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Good stay -- but not if you have a car!"
Hotel itself is excellent, from friendly staff to comfy rooms. Location is a bit wanting, and the parking is a completely disaster. I had to crawl into my car from the passenger side as staff did little to sort out who was parking illegally in that already terrible lot. If you are not driving, this is a good place (but not much in walking distance). If you got a car, go somewhere else...or expect an unpleasant surprise!
1 night trip Jun 4, 2015
"The place to stay in the U District - Seattle"
The University Inn is my favorite hotel in the University district. It is very nice, very clean, and close to the University and the U District shopping. If they offered a better breakfast, it would be 5*****!
2 night business trip May 31, 2015
Brenda
"The coolest hotel in the University area."
Beautiful hotel, comfortable & very well located. Love the robes & Keurig in our room. The touch screen in the lobby made it easy to locate info & places to go. Free parking & free shuttle to downtown was a nice extra.
6 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Good choice"
Really nice. Great customer service.
2 night business trip May 30, 2015
Tasha
"Not bad, expected better."
I did not have a bad stay here, but the room fell below the pineapple hospitality standards I have come to expect. No refrigerator or microwave in the room for a weeks stay was a huge disappointment. The drain in the bathtub was very slow and by the end of my shower I was sloshing around in ankle deep water. The European-style bedding didn't do it for me, I thought it was weird and they just never seem to stay on the bed. No ice machine or vending machines on any of the floors on my side of the hotel. Apparently there is a newer side, and an older side of the hotel, I was on the older side for which they apparently book out to Expedia reservations. The hotel staff as always was very friendly and helpful. Having stayed at other pineapple hospitality hotels, I would definitely stay with them whenever I visit Seattle, however I don't think I would stay at this one again.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"Convenient overnight"
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The overall space was a little snug, and the only microwave available was in the lobby. The included soaps, shampoos and lotions in the dispensers were good quality and convenient to use and there was a decent hairdryer. Best of all, the free shuttle to downtown was a convenient feature combined with the free parking. Well worth the price.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Victoria
"SCV Review"
wonderful time. staff is great
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Lucy
Excellent staff. Extremely accommodating. Cleanest room I've ever stayed in. College neighborhood. "Naked Bedding" took a little getting used to. Nice hotel. Good location.
4 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Jill
"Visiting college daughter"
We loved this hotel. However, the down comforters, though very nice, were a little too warm for this time of year and the air conditioner was loud and didn't reach to the other side of the room too well. The traffic is a little noisy too, but the location, staff, and breakfast were great. And everything was very clean
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Nothing fancy but a clean well-run hotel."
Outstanding staff and the rooms were very clean. We enjoyed the sitting area with nice refreshements.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Lydia
"Close to the U"
Pleasant room. Shower did not work. Noise from street quiet with window closed
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
Do not leave anything behind as you will not see it again. I was sure I left my laptop's charger adapter in my room. I called the hotel next day only to be transferred 3 times to the Housekeeping Manager who did not return my call after 3 messages throughout the day . Called front desk 3 times who promised to call me back but also didn't call back. They never found the adapter even when I was specific where it was plugged . Bad customer service -
Other trip May 24, 2015
carmen
"A wonderful surprise!"
Pineapple Hospitality goes out of its way to make the experience more enjoyable than a typical three star hotel experience. Wonderful bedding, comfortable, clean bathroom, and fun quirky details! A room on the south end of the building has tall windows with a full view of the space needle.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Sable
"Pleasant, cozy hotel near University"
Helpful staff.Okay breakfast. Super cozy beds. A little pricey..like everything in area.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Gudrun
"Convenient"
Great experience! Will come back. Very hospitable and clean. Close to everything. Even includes free bike rental.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"I will stay next time if there is a deal."
Room is clean and bad is pretty comfortable. They should have a shuttle schedule placed at front desk to let guests sign.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Nice hotel close to U or Washington."
Nice location close to the U of Washington and lake. Staff was very friendly and very helpful in providing directions to us.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Duane
"Great staff"
They have great people working here and it's closer to good restaurants.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Glen
"the Pineapple experience"
I took my son to visit the University of Washington and we stayed at the Pineapple. We were blown away by the uniqueness and decor as well as the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. The location was perfect for visiting the University. I've stayed at more expensive hotels and resorts and none were as comfortable as the Pineapple. Even though my son is not going to UW, I am looking for excuses to return to this hotel!
2 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Lorraine A
"Great Stay if visiting the University"
We stayed here when my daughter visited U of Washington. Great location near the university, clean rooms, staff were pleasant and efficient. We would stay again if in the area.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Highly recommend."
Our stay was delightful. The staff was very friendly and professional. Excellent location that met all of our needs. Very easy access to downtown. Would stay here again.
3 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"University of Washington student tour visit."
We chose the hotel for it great proximity to University of Washington and walking distance to the U District which was very helpful for our visit. The hotel was quiet, clean and the staff was friendly. The continental breakfast was perfect for our needs. The only disappointedment was the pictures of the hotel rooms that we say online when we booked the room were not like our room. The pictures showed a room with double sinks, a microwave and mini fridge. The room was fine and we didnt miss those amenities but it was a little misleading, They should show pictures of all the types of rooms available not just their best. I would stay there again in the future and would recommend it to friends.
2 night family trip May 2, 2015
Marilyn
"Convenience near the U"
Nice amenities (robe, slippers, Kuerig) and close to The Ave for great food choices, close to the University for on-campus visits. Free, off-street parking. This property is a good deal all the way around!
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
Neal
"University Inn"
The room was very small but clean. The duvet comforters were way too warm and the air conditioning didn't work well enough to cool down the room. They didn't have any other bedding in the room to provide a light cover. The employees that we met were very nice and helpful.
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
Kathleen
"POOR"
Not once but twice the staff charged my card and kept it on hold. Charging when it is just a hold is not needed. They refused to credit the account said it could take up to a week. The women I spoke to both times does not speak or under stand English well at all. It would be nice being in America to speak to someone from here. I would not refer my enemy to this place. Ever
Other trip May 4, 2015
"nice"
Hotel is nice. You need to specify though if you want a tub in the bathroom, only some rooms have them.
3 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
"Great hotel close to campus."
Courteous and attentive staff, clean rooms with lots of amenities. Love the umbrella in the closet.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Sibs
"Comfortable reasonable price close to UW"
Very good all around for our needs, visiting our son whom is a student at UW.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"great stay for a UW visit"
Stayed overnight for a college visit, easy walking distance to University of Washington and "the Ave" where we had dinner. The free shuttle service to downtown was excellent and on time. The room was pretty spacious with a refrigerator, the beds were very comfortable, I loved the individual duvet idea. Breakfast was good, it had the basics, I've seen better and I've seen worse. The front desk staff was very helpful in arranging the shuttle and a ride to the airport for us. If my son ends up enrolling at UW I would stay here again!
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2015