All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1956 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Slightly above expectations."
Lobby was under construction when we were there, so there's that. Most of the valet guys were great. Location is fantastic! Small things like crooked restaurant tables and fingerprints all over the elevators got on my nerves by our last day there. Staff was generally happy and helpful. Breakfast buffet options were great!
6 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"worth the money :)"
It was a great place to stay for our 'staycation'!
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great for one night stopover"
Stayed one night for business with an onward flight the next day. Everything was great overall. Quiet, clean rooms and 24 hr gym. Arranged an early taxi for me. A little annoying that they charge extra for wi-fi and hit you with a $30 parking fee, but this was all disclosed on hotels.com. If you came to be on waikiki beach or the shops, you have a little bit of a walk. No nice restaurants immediately nearby and the road its on is a busy one.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Great stay! It's not my first time staying there, and I'm still happy there. The hotel room was a little musty this time around, but clean and well maintained. The customer service was fantastic. They let me check in early when a room opened up early. I had a great night's sleep, and check-out was quick. The location is pretty good, although a bit of a walk to Waikiki. Also, it's always wonderful to get the delicious Double Tree cookie at check-in! Very satisfied.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great hotel close to the beach and Ala Moana"
Great interaction with staff from the moment of check-in through check-out. There were VERY attentive to our needs and responded very quickly and always with a smile! Room was a jr. suite and was perfect for the five of us. Room was in excellent shape and very comfortable. Close to Waikiki beach and the Ala Moana shopping center. Views from the balcony were awesome - especially looking out over the lights of Honolulu and the beach. Will be visiting again in March/April timeframe for business and will stay here. Kudos to management and staff for a great stay!
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"We will be back."
Staff were amazing and so helpful especially the front desk. Amazing views and great service.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
amanda
Good Except had to complain 3 times about neighbors cig smoke getting into my room. No smoking hotel. Also noisy children in hall ways.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
aj
For the hotel to be a doubletree hilton, I expected the room to be spotless like I've experienced before. The beds were comfortable but the bathroom had not been cleaned thoroughly.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"10-10"
Its very nice me and my wife love the room the views are breathtaking specially at night we definetly come back thanks to mis. Rebeca
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
laila
"Hawaii Vacation #4"
For the past few times, we'd stayed at Ala Moana Hotel but thought to ask Expedia for a new place, new experience. Well, wished we stayed at Ala Moana Hotel again as their rooms are more spacious, driveway is at least 3 lanes, and easier to turn into, and also hotel lobby is larger and comfortable. Alana was disappointing in all of the above. Good thing bed was comfy otherwise a nightmare & daily newspaper available Otherwise, disappointed with hotel room A/C and overall A/C in hotel hallway outside of our door! None to speak of. Humid, slow elevators. Bathroom vanity on wrong side of bathroom sink, no where to put stuff. Shower not cleaned daily, NO tub to soak if wanted to. Didn't use pool but looked ok, didn't use gym either. Unlucky with computer, slow computer system, WIFI not working. Never could log-in to use(!)
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Paris
"Great Hotel!"
We stayed there for one night to attend an Opera. Front desk was on point and treated us very well as this was our first time at this hotel. The room was wonderful and the beds were fantastic! Location is perfect, just in the beginning of Waikiki. A couple of blocks to the beach but well worth it! This may be the hotel we stay in from now on when in Waikiki
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Rebecca Namohala
"Quick Visit!"
Was a little disappointed . Thought i was getting an ocean view .... Ocean is quite a few blocks from this hotel and you can barely see it... Dont pay more for an ocean view like i did .....you will be disappointed.. The hotel is clean and modern . staff werent the most friendly but they were attentive. I did not like the mandatory valet parking ... You pay 30. A day for parking and the attendants expect tips evertime. Overall i would recommend this hotel... Clean, modern and safe...
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Yvette
"Exceptional Customer Service"
Although my overall experience was outstanding, I especially appreciated the service provided by the front desk staff. All hotel personnel at the front desk were polite, courteous, and professional. This hotel will certainly be my first choice for all future visits to Honolulu.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach and town"
Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, would recommended to family, friend..
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Business Trip"
I travel for a living and it is difficult to impress me as far as a hotel is concerned. I would rate this hotel the perfect experience for the reason of my trip. It is not on the water, but I appreciated that considering there were not a lot of children running wild. It is an easy walk to the beach. I enjoyed walking to the beach and seeing the wildlife on the way. The cookie is AWESOME! The staff was accommodating and very friendly. I would stay here again for sure.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Very friendly and proficient staff."
The Hotel and Valet staff made us feel welcome. Housekeeping was great too. We loved the "welcome" cookies.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
willie
"Not Worth the Price"
The hotel wasn't too bad, but for the price you would at least expect a microwave and a functioning iron and an ironing board that doesn't collapse on your feet. The room was also much smaller than we imagined it would be and the bar doesn't open until 5pm!
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Problem Solved"
I found myself without reservations and this was the best priced highest rating I could find and they had availability, and they met or exceeded all my expectations. I am very pleased. thank you.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
ab
"last day in honnalulu"
i had a great experience loved this hotel fresh hot cookies no noise will hold your bags for free everything was wonderful here....
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
ms brown
"Nice hotel close to Hawaiian Village and the beach"
Our family of 2 adults and 4 kids just came back from a wonderful 4-night stay. Comfy beds. Clean room. Nice and friendly staff. A few minutes walk to Hawaiian Village where there are plenty of restaurants and shops. This is where the beach is too. Our kids enjoyed walking here everyday. Loved Round Table pizza, Dairy Queen and Benihana at Hawaiian Village. Also rented SUP at HV lagoon. The hotel is a great spot for family vacation. Got all the HV amenities without paying much!!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Mumoffour
"Convenient and clean"
I only stayed one night, but had a great experience. The staff was friendly and very helpful, it's in a great location close to shopping, restaurants and Ala Moana park. I had dinner at Trees, try the burger, it was surprisingly good. Breakfast was expensive and disappointing, so I would skip that.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"good"
Due to road construction hotel was hard to get to. Service at hotel was friendly, courteous, and efficient. Room was clean and well laid out. The only drawback was lack of an extra bathroom for 6 people. Hotel location was good, but would have been nicer if located closer to the beach. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to our friends.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
Doug
"nice hotel close to convention center. convenient"
Warm Cookies made me feel very welcome the first night!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Close to beach and downtown"
Clean , comfortable hotel close to downtown and beaches
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
dmk
"Superb!"
When we made the reservation it was late. About 11pm. We needed a room for that night. We figured there might be a mix up because the person taking the reservation couldn't seem to understand that we didn't want the next day but the same night. James at the hotel saw the error when we got there and fixed everything for us with ease. You knew it was great customer service for what he had to do to get us in for the same night. Wonderful experience and so glad we chose to stay there!
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Becky
"Comfortable place that does the job"
Staff was very hospitable. Clean, nice looking hotel that is reasonably priced. Love the cookies, too! Good location that allows for walking around town if desired. Only problem was that the shower water spilled onto the floor in the bathroom because of the design, which was annoying but something you can deal with. Other than that, fantastic place. Would stay there again.
3 night family trip Mar 13, 2014
"A little away from everything"
The hotel is located at the beginning of wakiki beach area. No easy beach access. 10 to 15 minute walk to beach and then you had to cut through Hilton Hawaii Village. If you want to be in the middle of everything, this is not the place for you. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room had minimal amenities. No table, microwave or fridge. Only one small chair to sit in. Had to ask for washcloths on 2nd day. Housekeeping didn't leave clean glasses for drinking. Guess they were out. I would probably not stay here again, mostly because of location. Spend a little more and get closer to beach. The cheeseburger place on the corner by the hotel was very good and reasonable.
3 night trip Feb 4, 2014
No not buy into the ocean view rooms. Oceans is few blocks away
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Limo man
"Small, easy to exist hotel"
Hotel was nice and small and easy to negotiate. Elevators were very fast. The bell boys were very helpful with dining places and suggestions. Since it was a small hotel, the guys got to know us. Suggestions for improvement would be to put wireless in the rooms at no charge. Enjoyed it much more than the mega hotels in the area. Also, it was the first stop on the airport shuttle, which was nice and made it a $12.50 fare instead of an expensive cab ride.
3 night family trip Jan 4, 2014
RWolf
"Nice hotel. Pleasantly surprised"
Was very pleasant & very comfortable. Great bed. Bell man was so helpful in finding the best way to the airport car rental. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
patti
IT WAS CLEAN AND HAD A WONDERFUL STAY.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Close to beach & shopping"
The hotel was in a great location, two blocks from the beach and next door to a yummy restaurant/bar, Cheeseburger Waikiki. Staff were pleasant and helpful. But... The room was decorated in bland décor and not indicative of Hawaii, the shower leaked water all over the floor due to very poor design and our view was of the dive hotel rooftop next door. We expected much better for the excessive price charged and because it is associated with Hilton Hotels, usually known for their excellence. I would give this hotel a 2.5 stars at best.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Good location with great staff"
Very friendly staff all around. The room was quite clean. We needed a fridge for medications and it was delivered promptly which was greatly appreciated. The property obviously gets much use due to the location and had a few small wear issues with carpeting, etc. but over all we were pleased.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"Not a Fan"
It was a clean hotel. Although, the staff was not helpful. There is only one resturant and the food was good, but the staff was awful. It took 45 minutes for me to be served and when I was served, I didn't recieve any refills on my drinks or nothing. While other guests arrived after me and recieved service before me and was treated better. After trying to check out, my credit card was charged 3 times for the same total and was told "oh you have to wait for it to drop". Seriously! All that money spent, could have been spent at a different hotel who cares about all guests and not just certain ones. Never again.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
traveler1
"Business Stay"
Hotel Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"Nice stay, close to beaches and shopping."
Our stay at this hotel was pleasant. The room was clean and also had safe where we could lock up valuables. Although there was no complimentary breakfast, there were several places closeby walkable where we could get breakfast lunch and dinner. Valets were were very efficient and we never had to wait longer than a few minutes to get the car. Housekeeping was also very prompt and kept the room clean at all times also replacing towels and bed sheets as necessary. This hotel seemed to be very new as compared to other hotels in the area. There is not much of an ocean view one can get from here, but the beaches are very close.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
Karthik
"Comfortable"
Staff was friendly. Room was comfortable.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2013
"Great Business Class Hotel in Wikiki"
Convenient location to dining, shopping and beach. Bathrooms are newly renovated. Overall great service. Be sure to note the daily fee for Wi-Fi in addition to the valet parking cost. No additional resort fee.
4 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Hotel worthy of a 4+star rating"
This hotel is great! Very clean. Their room has a better bed than most 5 star hotels! Very good location. 4 and a half star hotel with a 3 star price!
9 night trip Oct 27, 2013
Logan
"Great off-beach Waikiki Location"
very clean hotel, nice bar and breakfast area, great customer service
2 night business trip Nov 2, 2013
John R
"Excellent experience our second time in Hawaii"
We arrived there at noon and the front desk helped us check in early without us having to pay a fee. We got our free cookies. The room was clean for the most part. My wife found one of the bed sheets dirty so that's why room cleanliness is a 4. They were hospitable and friendly. It's within walking distance to Waikiki (12 mins).
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
David and Ana
"10 minute walk to beach w/o paying beachfront $$$$"
The only complaints I have were: 1..a/c couldn't keep the room cool enough for us 2..although shower was sheik and modern, it was too small. No room for a woman to shave her legs
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
This hotel was perfect. You never can tell online for sure, but we were pleasantly surprised. We are a family of 5 (three little kids under 6) and we were all very comfortable. The hotel staff helped us a lot with planning our days. The pool isn't anything to write home about, but it will get you wet. I would recommend this hotel. For the price, I feel like we definately got our money's worth.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
Barb
"Close to shopping and Good Restaurants"
Warm cookies were lovely. Wailana Coffee Shop was great.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Not bad"
First day, they request me my credit card for guarantee purpose. They charged us every day for deposit, parking and wifi, etc. Up to final date, they charged apprx. 30 dollars more than the final bill I got. They explained the payment will be adjusted soon, but I am still in doubt and not comfortable about it. It should be more clear and quickly processed.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Song
"Don't pay extra for ocean view!!!"
Overall I liked this hotel. The most important things for me in a hotel are that it is clean, the bed is comfortable and it has a good shower. This hotel checked all three boxes. Please do yourself a favor and don't be tempted to pay extra for the ocean view. It is not worth it. You can barely see the ocean. This hotel is not that close to the ocean to begin with. We didn't walk it, but reception said that it was a 10-15 walk to the beach. Also, just be prepared for the $30 valet parking. There is no self parking option. I normally don't care for valet because I find it inconvenient and slow, but these guys were pretty good so it wasn't too much of a hassle.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2013
"Our honeymoon"
Our very first visit to Hawaii and we enjoyed it very much. The hotel was very spacious and comfortable and close to some of the atractions that Honolulu offers.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Great Hotel."
I have NEVER written a review for anything before, but I was so impressed with the quality of service, that I just had to write about Double Tree by Hilton Alana Waikiki. Every member of the hotel staff that I interacted with was kind and courteous. They were sincere in their "Aloha Spirit." The rooms are not huge, but that was absolutely of no concern to me because I did not go to Hawaii to stay in the room. The room was quite comfortable for my family of four, and the balcony was an added plus, from which we could see the beautiful Hawaiian sunrise, or just sit and read or relax before or after a full day of activities. The location is perfect. It is literally feet away from the Hilton Hawaiian Village, which is located right on the beach, and is full of shops, and restaurants. It is not located in the heart of Waikiki, but is close enough to get there if you want to be right in the middle of everything. There is a pool, a gym and a restaurant in the hotel. None of them are huge, but again that was of absolutely no consequence to me. Most days when we went to the pool, my children were the only ones in it, so there was no problem with over crowding. I will stay at this hotel every time I go to Honolulu and I have highly recommended it to friends.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"Loved it"
This was a great place to stay. It's a short walk from the beach and a right around the corner from the most amazing sushi place.
3 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2013
Fredda
"Ok location but expensive valet parking"
Hotel itself is ok, location is within close walking distance to the strip and to the Ala Moana mall. Bed is comfortable. But the nightly valet parking fee is expensive. The main complaint is that the pool was almost closed for my entire one week stay. Other than this ok overall experience.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013