All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here205 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX, 78205, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

"B-Day"
This was our third trip to this hotel. We go every year at the same time for my girlfriends B-Day. Every year we go it gets better. This is a older hotel so keep that in mind. The rooms are very nice with beds I can sleep in for at least 8 hrs. Which is better then home. The hotel staff goes above any other staff at any other hotel that I have stayed at in the same area. This place feels like home to me when I visit San Antonio. We will be back again at the same time but from now on this is the place I will stay at for now on . Again friendly staff close to all rive locations easy to get in and out of and check in is a breeze. I would like to thank the staff for a great trip. They made this B-day one of her best ever.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
RJ
"Historical Charm Gone"
Everything was fantastic. Only disappointment is the new decor. We Stay at the Gunter for its OLD Historical charm. Covering up chandlers and hanging white strips in lobby to be retro was disappointing. Miss old charm,
2 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Nice place great location to river walk & majestic theater & Houston street restaurants -oh, and tha Alamo
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Get Away"
The walls are very thin. The hotel even gives ear buds to keep out noise
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Very nice hotel. Great location."
The hotel was very nice. Great lobby, bar and restaurant. The rooms were a little dated but very spacious. Beds were very comfortable. The hotel staff was great -- very friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of several great restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Teresa
"honeymoon"
It was anniversary night. we got room up in downtown with great view. beds were little outdated and needs to be updated. There is no free parking only valet parking ran aroun $25+ but we were able to find parking in city garage not even block for $5. locating is great with access to riverwalk and downtown view and lights
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Very Nice"
Hotel is great.Staff very accomodatin. Overnight parking rate little high, but the valet service is nice to come and go.
2 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"Eh"
Room was a bit dated, ceiling I'm bathroom was in disrepair and room was a little dusty. Not worth the money paid overall. Staff was friendly
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Awsome visit"
Excellent visit. The hotel eas great .
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Will stay here again. Room (executive King) was very roomy and comfortable.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Keith
"Great location!"
Great location right across from the Majestic Theater and several restaurants.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
Allan
"Do not stop"
No hot water...rooms are small. No restaurant....small bar. Noisy room- due to street noise.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
dustin
"Amenities"
Parking is extra but if you don't want to take out your car (which you don't need to) tell reception and parking cost is vastly reduced. We liked the executive club lounge, breakfast and snacks later were plentiful and saved going to the restaurant all the time. Our only complaint was that the sink and toilet were so close that we caught ourselves on the corner of the sink several times. Overall a great hotel, we would definitely go back.
5 night trip Oct 21, 2014
"Bathroom size"
We have never stayed in hotel with a smaller bathroom. We had to back in. Stepped in toilet to get in shower. Area around sink way to small. Barely enough space to hold small bag. Bed and pillows were wonderful. Too much $$ for this issue.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Connie
"Good, but not great"
Room had some issue with the shower, as the shower head was not sealed to the wall as it should have been. The room also would not cool down as much as it should have. We set the thermostat in the room to 65 degrees at 3:30 PM when we arrived, and when we returned at 10 PM the room was at 72 degrees. The room remained at 71/72 degrees F despite the thermostat being set much lower than that. For a recently renovated hotel, I would have expected renovations to include ensuring that the A/C system functioned correctly.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Very bad experience ever!"
Well, as always when you are looking some good price in the EXPEDIA, you are exposed to get bad deals when you are looking for a good one... the hotel is old, dirty, the bed is super hard, I asked for a bedroom for 2 adults and 1 child and they provide one Queen bed only, they had a party the night that we stayed next to our room, and we called to the front desk to asked them to talk to the people in the next room, and never keep silence until 5 am! in general super bad experience. The location is good, that is the only point that I can recommend. Yo have several options very close to that hotel, you should choose another one! seriously! Next time i prefer to pay a little bit more...
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Antonio
"Not impressed"
The room was very small. The bathroom was very old looking. The toilet didnt work properly. Didnt want to flush.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Christopher
"Great Historic Hotel"
The hotel was lovely, we only stayed one night for a wedding nearby and I really wish we got to explore the hotel a little more. They did an awesome job of meeting our needs. The groom and groomsmen needed a place to get ready and the wedding started at 3pm. The Gunter staff went above and beyond to get us checked in early with enough time for the men to get ready. Now that is GREAT service. The room was nice and the bed were very comfy. The restroom was a little outdated and the only concern I would have is (room 607) the door got stuck and the groom could not get out of the restroom so my husband had to pull the door very hard to get him out. It would be a big issue if someone was staying on that room alone and got stuck because even I could not get it open if my husband got stuck in there. Other then that everything else was PERFECT and I highly recommend them!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Alexis
"Quick Trip"
Stayed at Sheraton Gunther multiple times. The renovation makes it even better. Will stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Jerome
"Nice Weekend Stay"
Good location near the Riverwalk. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were small, but clean and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
Walt
Absolutely perfect! I arrived 5 hours before check-in. For an extra $25 they upgraded me to a clubhouse suite that included a package of many benefits including free drinks, wi-fi, and access to an "exclusive" floor. It was impressive.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"I would definitely stay again!"
My family and I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff were all super friendly and willing to lend a hand. Services offered for the club rooms was fantastic! Our room was quiet and very spacious. Next time we need a room in San Antonio, we will staying here!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"loved it"
We usually stay at Four Points Sheraton, but since it got sold we decided to stay at The Gunter. Beautiful old hotel. Will definately stay here again. Also had the best steak ever at the restaraunt next door.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Classic and Lovely"
its an pleasure to stay one night with my wife in our anniversary at hotel which is the room was clean and comfortable and definitely want to come back with a whole family which is good location walking at Riverwalk.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Adam
we enjoyed this hotel. front desk staff was very helpful. valet parking was at hotel itself not in a parking lot away from hotel. swimming pool was great.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
rudy
At check in, the front desk clerk was very pleasant, professional, & very helpful. The room was little dusty & no small refrigerator. The space was there for it....
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Nosie air conditioner outside"
Love the hotel
3 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
Steve Branham
"Thank you"
This was my first stay at this hotel and I was extremely happy. The people were all very friendly and the location was right in the middle of everything I needed. I've never stayed somewhere with such attentive staff. I loved the history in the hotel. Overall it was a comfortable relaxing stay. I enjoyed the store/bar downstairs and it was a 5 minute walk from the Alamo. Everything was very clean and the
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Ashleigh
"great location. great comfort"
The Gunter is in east walking distance of San Antonio's finest. The Tobin, the River Walk, the Majestic Theater, the Alamo, good food and good music. The beds and bedding are ultra comfortable and the bath rooms luxurious. Lots of electric plugs and a good internet connection.
2 night trip Sep 9, 2014
john mac
"Room Service and Valet Parking"
Beautiful hotel. Drawbacks: valet parking is $28 a day! No hotel info in the room. Asked for room service menu TWICE and never received. Asked the waiter at the restaurant and was told the only room service is breakfast IF you put put the order tag the night before. Room was very small but lovely. Might stay there again. It's old and beautiful. Staff was very helpful.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
CB
"Nice location in downtown SA"
The hotel was well located - not directly on the Riverwalk but you can get to it a block away. The valet parking is pricy but the nice attendants point out that you can self park in a City of SA parking garage across the street for a good price. You pay a premium for the location. Could have just been the room I was in, but it wasn't what I hoped for. For one thing, there was only one phone, and it was on the desk, not next to the bed. Didn't help matters that I got a wrong number at 1 am and had to get up and find the phone. There was no lamp at the desk so the lighting was bad. No plug in the bathtub, so it was shower only. And the bathroom mirror was too low, I could only see my chin, so had to squat down to shave. All in all, not a bad room, just paid quite a bit for a so-so room.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Tex
"Neat historic property, budget rooms are small"
Well maintained older hotel. Booked the budget-priced room and it was cozy but nice. Bathroom was tiny, but it worked fine for the wife and I. Booking two blocks off the river saves a lot of cash & city parking garage down the street is much cheaper than hotel lot. Would stay again and book higher tier room for more space.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
SA Rocks
"Weekend getaway."
I love The Gunter and its location. We've stayed there before and its just a wonderful experience. Walking around downtown San Antonio offers lots of photo ops.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Orlando
"Great place to visit, maybe not the best place to"
Although the hotel was recently renovated; the rooms were fairly outdated. The fixtures in the bathroom were old and need to be updated. The room was also fairly small. While the A/C kept the room cool, it also kept it very humid. All of the hotel was kept very clean. The staff was very helpful when needed. One of the ladies there gave my wife and I a pass to howl at the moon which we really enjoyed. We parked at a parking garage across the street to avoid the $25 valet service.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
"awesome stay"
Love everything about this hotel. Great location and priced good.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
John Thornton
"I love SA"
Love the river walk and this hotel is very well located for a Riverwalk trip. However my room smelled like and old persons home. Kinda damp and moldy. The a/c felt like a swamp cooler too. Room felt cluttered with all the furniture as well...lose the extra table and chair!
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Very nice Hotel!"
This Hotel was a last minute booking but I loved Retro-Modern feel of it. the Hotel you can tell is an old hotel that they have refurbished beautifully. 24 hour Gym, Free WIFI & awesome Pool and on the Riverwalk... what more can you ask for.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
David Cruz
I was complete satisfy ...would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Marcos
"Was very nice hotel"
When we got there we had to wait an hour for our room so they gave us a upgrade on wifi!!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Stacey
"San Antonio, a day early."
We planned a weekend at the Emily Morgan, arriving Saturday, but I talked my girlfriend into going a day early. We managed to get a room at the Gunter and I'm glad we did. The hotel was rich in history, charming, and elegant. We only stayed one night there, but we will definitely be back.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Nice hotel at a good price. The market place had items on their menu that they no longer offered, which was disappointing. Other than that the room was nice and clean.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Convenient"
I love to stay at the Sheraton Gunter because of the convenience. First of all I enjoy eating breakfast a block away at the Blanco Cafe. Secondly, I park across the street in City Parking for a nominal fee - 24 hours for $ 8.00! Aside from that the rooms are clean, customer service is wonderful, the bar is historic! The a/c works but it always clicks as it turns on and off but that is very minor. Don't forget the River Walk is a block away! What is not to love???
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
CBrubaker
"It was OK"
The hotel staff was friendly and provided excellent service. The hotel lobby was updated very nicely. Our room was clean but I have a few issues. The toilet was old and very worn, the shower rod was broken(which we told the front desk about and it was fixed) and there was mold on the ceiling in our room. For what we paid I expected more and will probably not stay at this establishment again.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Perfect Location!"
Very short distance to great restaurants & shopping. This is the first time I stayed downtown and I will definitely be going back to this hotel.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Nicole
"Nice location, hotel parking with only vallet"
Pet friendly hotel. Made reservations for early sign in. Arrived around 2:30, instead of being shown to our room we had to wait until about 3 PM which is the normal check in time. Room was clean and tidy. Found soiled towels behind bathroom door. Did not have much time to use any of the facilities. Close to riverwalk and other attractions. Had to park across the street, unless we wanted vallet parking. The parking area did not belong to the hotel, and only mentioned that they were not responsible for andy lost or damages incurred to you vehicle.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Denver
"Nice historical hotel"
Wish the staff would have helped more with directions to local attractions and resturants. Great experience for grandkids and family.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Hotel was close to the river walk which was great."
We checked in well after 3:00 pm and my room wasn't ready waited another 30 mins before I could get into a room. when I got into my room we noticed there was a leak in the bathroom, when I asked the hotel staff there response was are you sure, uh yeah not only can you hear the dropping but you can clearly see that it was leaking. Waited another 1 1/2 before they could let me know what was going on. I finally asked to be moved and I was moved within 10 mins
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
I was very pleases with the Hotel and the staff. My only complaint, which is not even a big issue, is I didn't have a fridge in my room. The room had a great scent upon entry. The bed was ohso comfortable. The suit was clean. The bars in the hotel were inviting. The continental breakfast was more like finger food breakfast, but it was enough.
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Nice hotel great location, only problem was it smelled a little in the hallway. Wasn't a horrible smell more like a little humid.... very nice lobby and nice staff!
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Room looked good and was clean. Bathroom door didn't close and the toilet/shower area was so small you had to climb into the tub to close the door, if it would close. Plus, when we checked in at 9pm. There were no towels of any size in the room. Had to wait 15 mins for them to bring some up.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2014