All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
205 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX, 78205, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

"Would recommend to stay"
Wonderful staff! Extremely helpful and courteous! Also, highly recommended if you travel with pets. We had our 2 dogs, and everyone was extremely friendly with our pets. Of course we stayed on the pet floor but the cleanliness of the rooms and hall were good. Only issue was our room never got really cold....it seemed the a/c kept running.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Edie
"A Good stay"
The hotel has just been refurbished. It is an older hotel and there are some kinks that have yet to be resolved
2 night family trip May 28, 2015
"Charming, historic, and convenient location."
I was looking for a place that was not the typical modern hotel chain look. This historic hotel provided a lot of old world charm that added to the enjoyment of staying in the peaceful riverwalk setting. Would stay there again.
4 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Don't drink the water."
We were not able to check in until 2 hours after our scheduled check in time due to no room availability. Bathroom was very cramped with a clogged shower head. $28 a night for valet parking. After check out we were charged $22 extra dollars for two bottled waters and 1 cup of coffee from the room. Room was lackluster for the price. At least the bed was comfortable and this hotel is right off the Riverwalk.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"This is an OK or good stay, not great or excellent"
We got a room right next to the AC and heating system on the roof. This was no fun to sleep while that thing is blowing all night. The room we got was OK, I have seen a better suite from comfort Inn. Hotel descriptions say .1 mile from river-walk and .3 mile from river-center. We were on the river-walk but way out of no where, has to walk about .5 mile to get to all the restaurants and about 1 mile to the river-center. The pool was OK.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
KEN
Great stay in a wonderful neighborhood. The bathroom could use some updating. Old toilet and no fan in the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. The TV was small and in the corner so hard to view.
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Doris
"Excellent Stay"
Loved it, plain and simple.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
sergio
"5 star service, hands down!"
I definitely recommend Sheraton Gunter to anyone planning to visit dowtown San Antonio! My wife and I went for a little 5 year anniversary vacation to have a couple days to ourselves. From the time we arrived on a Thursday, until the time we left on Saturday, we spent 98% of our time in the hotel. We had everything we needed right there! The staff was amazing and very friendly from the valet men all the way to the manager. Room service was timely and tasted great! I highly recommend upgrading to club status because there is nothing better than free wine and h'ordeuvres in the evening while playing a game of pool!! And the free breakfast isn't too shabby either! I'd most definitely come back here on our next trip down there!
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"I'd stay again"
Older hotel but very nice.
1 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"Amazing trip"
I was having a birthday weekend trip and I couldn't ask for a better hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and very comfortable and the location was so convenient to Riverwalk and other attractions. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in San Antonio..I know I'll be back.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Just in San Antonio for a quick weekend trip, but enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel. We loved the charm of the historic building with new modern updates. The rooms were nice with super comfortable beds. The location was great we were able to walk everywhere. Would for sure recommend this hotel when looking for a place to stay in San Antonio.
1 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Christie
"Nice hotel. Staff very nice"
Nice comfy stay
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Great Location/Beautiful Historic Hotel"
The hotel was historic, beautifully decorated and clean; service was polite, quick and outstanding; offered 2 bars, 1 had live music; great location with the River Walk basically across the street.
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
jennifer
"Fiesta Trip"
Had a great stay
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Armando
"Ruined my weekend"
There was no valet available at the hotel e vendors though they advertise it. Has huge leak in the room had to switch rooms at 3 am. No apologies were offered at all. Completely of void of common courtesy.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Cynthia
"Walking distance to shops and food"
The hotel was really nice and comfortable. Love the Market on Houston that's in the hotel. The room was good. A little small but we didn't spend much time in it anyway. The bed was super comfortable and staff was very friendly.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Quinn
"Great Hoel in a Perfect Location"
We stayed at Gunter because we had tickets for a musical at The Majestic across the street. We were so happy when we realized the room was so lovely. I had read reviews that the bathrooms were very small, and although it was small, it was still comfortable and clean. We loved everything about our stay but especially loved the restaurant on the premises.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Cindy
Loved that it was within walking distance to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. We were very comfortable in the room.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Vickie
"Elegance on the River Walk"
The hotel was well located and near main attractions. The street outside had plenty restaurants, coffee shops and was on the trolley line. The staff was helpful, the room was comfortable, clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there again. We were able to get to the river walk easily and ate out at a very nice restaurant.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Gwen
"Downtown Disappointment"
Hotel staff did not seem to listen. Asked for a cab for pick up in 30 minutes. 15 minutes later cab was waiting. Felt rushed to get to taxi. Friend accidentally knocked over large glass water filled container in lobby. No one on staff asked if she was ok. Went for a drink in the "Custom Drink" lounge. Bartenders did not greet us, did not come to serve us for over 10 minutes and never checked back with us. We left credit card on bar to try to get their attention so we could pay and leave. We waited for 15 minutes and finally left cash. The bar was not at all busy; it appeared there were some freinds of the bar tenders at the bar, so we were rudely ignored. Room smelled musty; bathroom was TINY, rug felt wet. Very disappointed in overall condition of room at $200 a night.
J
"Close to everything"
Staff went beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable.
Valerie
"great experience"
We usually stay at the Menger, but they had no rooms. we will not go back, your rooms and service is far better, we'll see you next month
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Sam
"Sheraton Gunter Simply WOW"
We will definitely be staying here again soon. It was a friend's trip and we had a BLAST. The hotel was simply AMAZING. The staff was so NICE and HELPFUL. It is in walking distance to everything downtown. I would suggest getting a club level room for the nightly beverages and snacks. The breakfast was also a nice touch in the mornings. Sitting out over the street watching the day start was so nicd.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Kris
Easy walking distance to all the sites. The hotel staff is very accommodating and the restaurant is reasonable.
CN
Great stay
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Arthur
"great for a weekend getaway!"
My husband and I liked it very much. Rooms are spacious and the location is perfect. We walked everywhere!
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Pia
"Parking"
The hotel does not have a garage, however there was a public parking very cheap by the hotel.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Grace
"Beautiful hotel - great location"
Stated at the Gunter a few years ago and it has been renovated since the last visit. Everything was great
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"A Tatty Old Property with Slathered on Makeup"
A great location with a warm (if very slow) staff that attempts to please but seems to lack the authority to do much that most hotels wouldn't consider a challenge. In the very early days of the past century this was probably a prime property, but despite new paint, windows, tile, etc. the management has failed to do much more than cover up the old plumbing (ten minutes to get hot water in the AM was the norm). The beds were quit comfortable and if you don't need hotel services (like maintenance) you'll probably be just fine, but it can also take up to ten minute just to get a cup of coffee in the deli section and the coffeemaker one in the room did little more than almost work.
"Great hotel near the Alamo and across a Starbucks."
Wonderful hotel, great room, super comfortable bed!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Rosie
"Good stat, but a few hiccups"
They ignored my booking request. Booked me in a wrong room. Then the elevators were out of service. Other than that, the room was nice and you can't beat the location.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"A Short Trip to Remember the Alamo"
Two queen bed room was perfect. Across from Majestic Theater and one block from Riverwalk.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Trevor
Great hotel! Wonderful staff and perfect location to experience the Riverwalk and/or the Alamo. Bathrooms/showers are tiny but that was the only objection my girlfriend and I had to this great hotel!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"recent stay"
1. Charged for internet service which was to be included. 2. Elevators: there are only 3 available, and during my stay one elevator out of 3 was broken, leading to extended waits for lift service.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Lenny
"some good and some bad"
The room was a bit small but we got used to it. We had trouble with the coffee pot. the final day we got another one. on the upside, the room was very clean after the maid came in.The market was good since I was at the convention. overall it was a good stay in a hotel.
3 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Margaret
"4 stars"
The hotel was old but clean. Liked the nostalgic feel of it, guess that's why the restroom was so small. Everyone was very nice except for the night concierge.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Dominique
"Great location but requests were ignored"
Very clean and quaint but two nights in a row were requested extra sheets and blanket for an air mattress and they NEVER showed up. Called four times. And finally spoke with front desk face to face. Other than thst it was the perfect location
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, but I've stayed at better for less"
Booked room a few days in advance, and check in was pretty easy. I had called ahead and told them I had a small dog with us. On the phone this seemed to not be a problem, but seemed to confuse the girl that was checking us in. Once there all went pretty well except for some noisy people at the outside pool past the closing time. Had to dispute some valet parking charges upon check out as we didn't use theirs.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Josh
"Sort but happy stay in San Antonio"
We attended a business conference and found the hotel to be very convenient, clean and comfortable. It is an interesting and beautiful interior. Very friendly and helpful staff, a great bar, big bathrooms. The room was a bit dark for my taste, something I notice in many hotels lately. An easy walk to the Alamo, Riverwalk and marketplace. Don't forget to have your shoes shined in the barbershop downstairs. Enjoy.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
thomas
It was beautiful and very clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Leslie
"Overall, I was not impressed with this hotel."
I didn't like the restroom area or setup. Different staff said different things when request for a roller bed. One staff said it can't be brought into the room while another staff said it can be. The room didn't get cleaned one night.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
We already told you about our room in a complaint.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
We had a great stay in San Antonio! Although we didn't spend much time in the hotel, the location was very convenient, the room was clean, and the staff friendly.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"close by everything river walk and market square."
We where on the street side and the noise was bad and night and early morning.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Such a pleasure staying here!"
I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel all of the staff was really nice to me and my family. I lost my money in the vendor machine and reported it to the hotel and they made sure they took care of my problem. I would stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
monica
Only bad thing I can say is we never had a maid come in and clean our room and we were there for 3 nights. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our stay, location is great, hotel is beautiful. Staff was very accommodating, valet service great as well.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"fun weekend trip"
Very nice. Staff was incredible. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
kelly
"it was great stay will do it again!"
great
1 night trip Mar 7, 2015
alma
"An Evening at the Theater."
Family visit to the Majestic Theater for an evening Musical. Dinner at The Palm. Location of Hotel made it perfect.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Overall Disappointed"
The waiter at the restaurant was extremely rude. Both the host and the server were more concerned that they had just had a big crowd then about their service to my family. The waiter had no idea about the menu items or the drink items. We were extremely disappointed with the service. The hotel staff was pleasant, but did not communicate with one another so we ended up waiting for our car for over 45 minutes. On the positive, the beds were extremely comfortable.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015