All hotels in Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America
1538 Horseshoe Drive, Columbia, SC, 29223-6279, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Nice hotel for someone traveling"
Spent one night while traveling and hotel was pet friendly
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
mark
"Hotel stinks !"
As we entered our non smoking room, we were hit by the unmistaken odor of stale cigarette smoke. (Room 326) I reported it to the front desk and asked if we had been given a smoking room by mistake. They said we had a non smoking room and the smoking rooms started at room 330. I asked if the supplied ash trays in there smoking rooms and they said yes. I told them that we had found an ash tray of theirs in our room. The front desk attendant said that he would report it to his manager. No other accommodations were offered and no adjustment to our bill was made. The "breakfast" was less than satisfactory. (green hard boiled eggs were the only protein available) I usually don't mind "ruffing it " a little, but this was too much. I paid for 4 rooms that day (326,322, 312, & 224) as I and my golf partners made our way to our destination. It will probably be the last time I stay at a La Quinta.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"great get away"
staff was great .....room was clean , bed was great slept like a baby ...breakfast was killer had a waffle, bagel ,bowl of cereal yogurt... made a pig of myself it was so good...will return next yr to stay ..go nascar...Darlington speedway was great too...
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
walt
"Clean comfy overnight"
My daughter and I stayed here one night prior to a campus visit to Univ of South Carolina. It suited our needs perfectly, as it was an easy drive getting to the hotel from I-77 (we flew into Charlotte) and in the morning it was just as easy getting to downtown Columbia via I-20 and SC277. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and free parking was ample and close. We did not try the included breakfast so I can't comment on it. The only minor glitch was that there were no hangers in the closet area. (Why do people steal hangers?)
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Mario D
"Very pleasantly surprised"
It was fantastic! I've never stayed at a La Quinta before but if they are all like this one, I'm going to go out of my way to stay at them more often! The outside looks a little dingy but the inside was very clean. The staff were extremely nice and polite and it didn't seem forced, they were naturally good people. The room was very big and comfortable with a nice desk and comfortable chair. The TV was very new and was ACTUALLY HD versus most hotels where it's not as clear as HD. The bed was very comfortable (we brought our own throw blanket and they made the bed with that on it, I loved that!) The bathroom was updated and there was a lot of water pressure. The location is fantastic, literally a minute to I-20. We were down for Masters week and it was perfect. Great place to stay!
2 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Brad
Good
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Needs A Good Cleaning!"
Good location, great staff, so welcoming to pets. But really could be cleaned up and updated. No ice!?
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
Great place to stay, very comfortable.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Darrell
The hotel was good but I had a bad experience with my debt card being compromised an hour after I used it at the hotel the preson at the desk was the last time I used my card before I went to lunch with my son who was graduating from the Army . The fraud charges started at 10 am we went to lunch about 12:15 pm that's when I found out when my card was declined at the restaurant .I called the card company to find out they closed my card. I got back home with little or no money from SC.
2 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Brian K Johnson
"Very nice"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't rate the room comfort as excellent, is because the bed was sunken in at the bottom middle part of it.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Perfect location.... Very nice staff. Night security guard was very nice and helpful. I got a non smoking room, but could smell smoke in the hallway. Made me sick. I think all non smoking rooms should be on the same floor. Drink machine should be kept full at all times. Water pressure could've been stronger. Other than that, it was an enjoyable stay.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Jenny
"Good and bad"
I was very pleased with the hotel location near a gas station and PLENTY of food options. I was also very pleased that I was able to bring my dog. There was only a tiny bit of areas that the dog could use the restroom. There were no clean-up bags available, which meant there were dog bombs that needed avoiding. The breakfast was okay, yummy hot waffles, and the rest were breads, make your own grits and oatmeal, cereal... more 'continental' style breakfast. (No frills) The staff was VERY kind and friendly during my 3 day stay, but my room was not as clean as I would of liked upon arriving. The fridge was full of food from the previous guest. and the freezer was iced over so badly it eliminated about 33% of the fridges usage. In the drawers there were card holders (3 total) from previous guests) as well as a bill from a previous guest. The room was not fully vacuumed with candy under one chair and dog hair and dust bunnies around the room. Under the bed was a plane ticket from months ago. The bathroom had hair on the floor and in the shower, mold around the bathtub stopper, as well as a male sized toenail clipping greeting me on the floor. I did not complain. I felt I 'got what I paid for' and it was my fault for booking a three day stay so late that the nicer area hotels were full. The noise level was acceptable and the stay was decent, especially for the price. My dog was happy and I let out a heavy sigh, cleaned up and took it for what it was. Those are the facts of my stay.
3 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Comfy"
Very clean and family friendly Very comfortable beds
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Samantha
"Spending time with family"
My stay was great. room was perfect for the price. The room was clean and spacious.
2 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Salisa Medlock
"Week Long Stay by mature adults"
Room was very clean and staff was very nice. No extra charge for our 2 dogs. We stayed Tuesday- Saturday and room service was there everyday and changed sheets and towels. Hotel was easy to find the whole stay was great. Would recommend it and will stay again since most motels charge extra for pets.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Pet lover
"Very pleasant. The staff were very friendly."
The room was clean and comfortable. Checking in and out was easy.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Easy access - good location
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
""Near Ft. Jackson""
Don't know why it is called "Ft. Jackson." Not really that convenient to the Base. Bed overly soft - bad for tender backs. One employee in the morning to check out and maintain the inadequate "breakfast bar." Just not a great experience. Would have thought more of a LaQuinta!
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"bootcamp graduation"
i enjoyed my stay. easy to get to. friendly staff. i arrived early after a long night of traveling and was allowed to check in early so i could sleep. i thought that was awesome service. Also, ran a bit late getting back from bootcamp graduation and they were gracious about that as well. room was clean. only thing i can think of that may have needed improvement was the coffee lol.. other than that it was very nice. thanks for the great service
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Dawn
"Birthday gift for my son."
I purchased the room as a gift for my son, I was very pleased with the entire expetience. Booking the room was quick and easy and the representative was very thorough with explaining the details of where the hotel was located and the total cost. My son did not have any issues upon check in or during his stay. Thank you
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Cee Jay
"Nice dog friendly hotel"
We were traveling from Florida to West Virginia. Needed to stay the night at a dog friendly hotel. The price was good as LaQuinta does not add a dog fee. The rooms were clean and good for the price. We stayed at same hotel one our way home also. The breakfast bar was adequate. Nothing fancy but did include waffles. The staff was helpful when needed. On way home, we actually were able to use a coupon that we picked up along the way which really made the stay real economical.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Barb & Mike
"Fort Jackson Graduation"
We had a grand old time at La Quinta,room was clean and with everything we needed at hand, continental breakfast was great !!!! staff was helpful. We will definitely stay at La Quinta in future.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Sunny
It was fine for a place to sleep. I was not impressed with the fact that the sheets were stained and there was a burn hole in one area. The toilet ran all night and we didn't have maid service while we were there. The ladies that checked us in were very nice. We probably wouldn't stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Good for a one night stay"
We stayed for a night before going on to visit our son at college. The property is more run down that the pictures indicate, but I have stayed in much worse for the same price. The staff was very friendly and gracious. The breakfast in the lobby was a joke. Don't count on even a cup of coffee. The room was exactly as expected and clean.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Paper thin walls"
I picked this hotel because of past experiences with La Quinta but this hotel really made me realize that you cannot go by that alone. All through the night I heard the main door open and close and normal level talking from ppl in the hall and from my neighbors. Then house services opened my door without notice or warning and laughed when she realized we were inside. I will revisit the area to visit my son at Ft. Jackson but I will never stay at this hotel again.
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
Very nice accommodations . Nice breakfast. Very comfortable beds.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Entrapuerner"
Front desk no organization, outside doors didn't work had to walk around to front, location badd neighbor hood low lighting outside ! Room where fairly clean but faucet was loud needs maintenance
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2013
"Fort Jackson Graduation"
Had a great stay. The outside of of the building wasnt the best but the rooms were updated and nice. The staff was prompt with requests. Good for the money.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
MF
"Fort Jackson Graduation"
My wife and I used this hotel to witness our son's graduation from Army Basic training. The staff was ok. They did not go out of their way to be of service but handled requests adequately. The hotel over all is nondescript. I felt it offered a fair value given the rate.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Jose
"Smoky"
The staff was helpful and professional but our non-smoking room smelled like a chain smoker lived under the bed.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Friendly atmosphere"
the rooms were nice and clean, The fridge didn't really cool in our room and the manager switch us right away to another room.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Donavan
"Great price."
Room had very comfortable beds and the rooms had good size for 2 adults and 2 young children. We would definitely recommend it to those who want a good room and service for a quality price.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Staff was very helpful. Clean, comfortable bed
3 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"staff didn't seem knowledgeable about procedures."
We stayed three nights. Our room was cleaned and refreshed once. Apparently our room was assigned to another as someone was given keys to our room and tried to enter as we were dressing. There was hair between the sheets as my child pulled them back to get in bed. Our complaint wasn't addressed.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
ree
"good stay hotel"
i was very pleased with my stay. room was very nice. staff was very nice and ready to make me feel comfortable. will stay there again next year passing threw that way of town.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
satisfied visitor
"On my way to Pawley's Island, SC"
Overall the facilities were pretty nice. Although I was pretty disappointed in the customer service and the lack there of. Not very professional or friendly!
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"Staying close to Fort Jackson"
Overall a nice hotel to stay in while visiting Fort Jackson. About 10 minutes from the base.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Too many inconveniences. My original room was not ready. The next day the door was lock due to the clerk did not make the change in the computer. Too many trips to the front desk to resolve issues with the room. the breakfast was limited.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2013
ana
"conveniate"
nice
3 night trip Jun 4, 2013
Bonnie
"Only stop and stay if you are desperate."
The entire area is run down and dilapidated. We stopped here on our way to the beach, just as a rest stop. We should have roughed it out and kept going!! Staff is is very curt. However the maintenance man was very friendly. The first room we were in had a refigerator that had a terrible knocking noise, so we were changed to another room. There aren't very many delivery places or grocery stores around to get dinner. Overall, I wouldn't stay anywhere in this area.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2013
"First time in SC"
great! Overall stay was good! The lock on the bathroom door didnt work though!
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Good experience"
We stayed while in town for an army bct graduation. We were pleased with our room and the friendly service we received . Price was good and the room was clean.
Other trip May 17, 2013
Sandra
"probably not again"
Stayed on two occasions in one week and the first stay was on the 1st floor and everything was acceptable except for a dead cockroach in the corner of our room. Second occasion was not acceptable. The first room we were given smelled like a dead skunk. The second room, although it was upgrade to a suite, it smelled like cigarettes and it looked like the room had not been dusted or vacuumed in weeks. Staff was friendly, but probably won't stay again.
1 night trip May 6, 2013
"Extremely Satisfied"
Although the surrounding neighborhood is "sketchy" I could NOT be happier with the La Quinta, the entire facility was spotless, the rooms up to date, the staff friendly and the complimentary breakfast quite sufficient! For the cost and great experience was well worth the SMALL price. If I require lodging in this area again, it will be La Quinta!
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Jeffrey
"Not the LaQuinta I expected"
At best this hotel was subpar from the LaQuinta Inns I am accustomed. Upon arrival I noticed an aged building in need of an overhaul and deep cleaning. The room was cleaner than the lobby, but improvements are needed throughout.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Troy
"Average"
Average hotel. Breakfast could be better. Otherwise all was OK for a one night stay.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2013
"The Bathroom"
Bathroom was not clean smelling. Needed cleaning. when i braught it to the attention of the front desk they took care of it.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
Blackjack
"Ft Jackson graduation"
My husband and I stayed 4 nights here while attending our son's Army Basic graduation. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. The front desk, house cleaning and maintanence crew were friendly as well. This was a great experience for us.
4 night trip Apr 23, 2013
"Nice place for the price"
Rate was good. Beds were very comfortable. Staff very friendly.
3 night trip Apr 16, 2013
"Close to Ft. Jackson"
The Hotel is very convenient for Basic Training or AIT Graduations, but that is all. Room was never serviced during 4 day stay. Breakfast was terrible and overcrowded in a very small space. Room was dirty at check-in and AC didn't work very well. If all you need is convenient to the Base, the price is right. I recommend you pay a little more and stay up the road at Holiday INN.
3 night trip Apr 9, 2013