All hotels in Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America
1538 Horseshoe Drive, Columbia, SC, 29223-6279, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Dirty
    Bad amenities
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Better Expectation"
I have stayed at a LaQuinta before and the room I had was very nice. This particular Inn reminded me of a Motel 6. I really expected the place to be a Holiday Inn at a cheaper price. the room to be bigger and a little more upscale. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable so that was a plus.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Angela
"good for one night only"
It was ok. I would only recommend this hotel for one night not a long time stay. average hotel
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
"On the road again"
Our stay was pleasant, and room was clean. Hotel was pet friendly, and provided needed services.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
gordon
"Hotel stay for family affair"
Hotel was about what I expected given the previous ratings of other guests, the location and the cost. It's unfortunate that it is the guests that can ultimately effect one's hotel experience. The hotel itself is in fair condition but could use a renovation project as well as or a very thorough and detailed cleaning.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
M
"Fine short stay"
My wife and I drove in from Charlotte NC and stayed her to attend Parents Weekend at USC in Columbia. Access to/from I-77, I-20, and SC-277 could not be easier, and it's quick drive into the center of Columbia. The lobby is tiny, but the room was comfy, clean, and nicely appointed. The free carb-only breakfast was not our style, but we took the short walk around the corner to have a fine inexpensive breakfast served by a delightful waitress at the Waffle House. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Mario D
"Good place"
It was adequate.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
"Just needed a room for the night."
Hallway smelled smokey. Noisy guests in hallway late at night.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Disregard for non smoking reservation"
Reserved non smoking room and walked into very smoky room. There were also dogs and cats barking and meowing on the hall. When I complained about room the receptionist offered to spray it which would not have solved problem. Finally was moved to another room
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
This hotel is way overpriced. We stayed here because we have a dog and cat and were passing through on a cross country move. I would never stay here again. The entire place wreaks of cigarette smoke. It's grimy and the mattresses sag down ridiculously in the middle. No joke... the middle of the mattress was at least 5 inches lower than the sides. Thankfully it was a cooler day because I don't think our AC worked.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Olivia
Roaches in room we got them they just need to spray. You are going to have roaches with people eating in there rooms.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"It was a nice.stay"
My family love the room and the pool and the free breakfast was good
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
ken
"Basic and fine"
No frills here, but it was clean and relatively comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2014
maryb
"Good hotel for the price"
Hotel staff was friendly and very accommodating. Breakfast was good. The rooms were ok.. But the beds had sink holes in them.... I had two rooms with double beds and they all need new mattresses.....but other than that it was clean hotel!!
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Charonda
Great room at a reasonable price.The pool was cooling on some hot days in August. The breakfast was just what we needed to start our day.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"The Best!"
The best motel I have ever stayed in. The T.V. Was of highest quality (Samsung), the A/C was digitally controlled and maintained set temperature, the furniture looked new with easy to open drawers, the beds were comfortable, the complimentary breakfast was the best ever with many choices. Loved our stay at this La Quinta! It was a quiet location.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Friendly staff ."
Friendly staff went out of their way to get directions for me. All staff spoke and were very professional. Our room was very comfortable(1 king bed). Cleanest hotel room I've seen in a while. Will stay there again. Very close to Ft. Jackson.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
debbie
"The Move"
We moved from TX to SC, our house was not available for immediate move in. We had an extended stay and found the staff very helpful. The hotel is pet friendly, well staffed, and kept clean. Breakfast is served in the morning and the staff will extend the hours for a few late comers.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Good for business"
I needed an urgent acomodación ad was enaugh so i could stay to work
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Joege
"Close to Work Area"
It was fine for the price if you are looking for absolute luxury it's not for you. We liked it just fine and will stay there again on our next trip.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Dee
The only real complaint was the temperature of the lobby for breakfast. It was a hot morning and generally uncomfortable.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Good for the price (smelly though)"
I got this hotel for my mother in law and her friend who came to visit. It is good for the price, AC works, good breakfast, pool, and accommodating staff. However, the halls smelled so bad. I think it may be bc pets are allowed, which is fine...just stinky.
5 night trip Jun 12, 2014
megan1017
The up keep of the place overall was poor. Bathroom shower slow draining out when showering. A little more pride should be taken in the place. The only thing truly enjoyable, was thge staff attitudes, thumbs up to them. Was close to the base.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Ralph Martin
"Ft Jackson Graduation"
Wasn’t quite as nice as advertised, but was not a bad experience. Was close to the base and had good directions to the base.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Mice in room"
Noticied the ofiice about nibbling noise we heard in room. saw Mice run across floor. They said they would Take care of the situación. But want Taking care of my son also saw mice in his room
Other trip May 29, 2014
annette
"TRAVELING 4 FUN"
THE PLACE WAS NICE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THEY DIDNT HONOR THE PRICE YOU QUOTED BUT ALL IN ALL A NICE PLACE
1 night trip May 4, 2014
BEAR
"Adequate"
This as an older hotel that looked like it had some renovations done, but it did not compare favoribly to other LaQuinta hotels we have stayed at. Dirt was noticed on the floor as soon as we entered our room, the ice maker on our floor did not work, and a mouse was seen in the dining area when we had our continental breakfast.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Hotel OK, some of its' guests, questionable."
Overall, it was an uneventful stay, relatively quiet, which is what I needed for that day. My only real complaint was when I stepped from the elevator onto the second floor, I was hit in the face with the most pungent smell of marijuana. I guess people don't make an effort to hide that sort of thing anymore.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Fred H.
"Nice hotel for someone traveling"
Spent one night while traveling and hotel was pet friendly
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
mark
"Hotel stinks !"
As we entered our non smoking room, we were hit by the unmistaken odor of stale cigarette smoke. (Room 326) I reported it to the front desk and asked if we had been given a smoking room by mistake. They said we had a non smoking room and the smoking rooms started at room 330. I asked if the supplied ash trays in there smoking rooms and they said yes. I told them that we had found an ash tray of theirs in our room. The front desk attendant said that he would report it to his manager. No other accommodations were offered and no adjustment to our bill was made. The "breakfast" was less than satisfactory. (green hard boiled eggs were the only protein available) I usually don't mind "ruffing it " a little, but this was too much. I paid for 4 rooms that day (326,322, 312, & 224) as I and my golf partners made our way to our destination. It will probably be the last time I stay at a La Quinta.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"great get away"
staff was great .....room was clean , bed was great slept like a baby ...breakfast was killer had a waffle, bagel ,bowl of cereal yogurt... made a pig of myself it was so good...will return next yr to stay ..go nascar...Darlington speedway was great too...
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
walt
"Clean comfy overnight"
My daughter and I stayed here one night prior to a campus visit to Univ of South Carolina. It suited our needs perfectly, as it was an easy drive getting to the hotel from I-77 (we flew into Charlotte) and in the morning it was just as easy getting to downtown Columbia via I-20 and SC277. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and free parking was ample and close. We did not try the included breakfast so I can't comment on it. The only minor glitch was that there were no hangers in the closet area. (Why do people steal hangers?)
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Mario D
"Very pleasantly surprised"
It was fantastic! I've never stayed at a La Quinta before but if they are all like this one, I'm going to go out of my way to stay at them more often! The outside looks a little dingy but the inside was very clean. The staff were extremely nice and polite and it didn't seem forced, they were naturally good people. The room was very big and comfortable with a nice desk and comfortable chair. The TV was very new and was ACTUALLY HD versus most hotels where it's not as clear as HD. The bed was very comfortable (we brought our own throw blanket and they made the bed with that on it, I loved that!) The bathroom was updated and there was a lot of water pressure. The location is fantastic, literally a minute to I-20. We were down for Masters week and it was perfect. Great place to stay!
2 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Brad
Good
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Needs A Good Cleaning!"
Good location, great staff, so welcoming to pets. But really could be cleaned up and updated. No ice!?
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
It could of been better... Plug outlet was hanging out of the wall. Then in the bathroom, it had mystery gunk on the floor.. Bed was comfy, front desk were kind... Area not friendly
2 night trip Mar 25, 2014
Kay
Great place to stay, very comfortable.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Darrell
The hotel was good but I had a bad experience with my debt card being compromised an hour after I used it at the hotel the preson at the desk was the last time I used my card before I went to lunch with my son who was graduating from the Army . The fraud charges started at 10 am we went to lunch about 12:15 pm that's when I found out when my card was declined at the restaurant .I called the card company to find out they closed my card. I got back home with little or no money from SC.
2 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Brian K Johnson
"Very nice"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't rate the room comfort as excellent, is because the bed was sunken in at the bottom middle part of it.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Perfect location.... Very nice staff. Night security guard was very nice and helpful. I got a non smoking room, but could smell smoke in the hallway. Made me sick. I think all non smoking rooms should be on the same floor. Drink machine should be kept full at all times. Water pressure could've been stronger. Other than that, it was an enjoyable stay.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Jenny
"Good and bad"
I was very pleased with the hotel location near a gas station and PLENTY of food options. I was also very pleased that I was able to bring my dog. There was only a tiny bit of areas that the dog could use the restroom. There were no clean-up bags available, which meant there were dog bombs that needed avoiding. The breakfast was okay, yummy hot waffles, and the rest were breads, make your own grits and oatmeal, cereal... more 'continental' style breakfast. (No frills) The staff was VERY kind and friendly during my 3 day stay, but my room was not as clean as I would of liked upon arriving. The fridge was full of food from the previous guest. and the freezer was iced over so badly it eliminated about 33% of the fridges usage. In the drawers there were card holders (3 total) from previous guests) as well as a bill from a previous guest. The room was not fully vacuumed with candy under one chair and dog hair and dust bunnies around the room. Under the bed was a plane ticket from months ago. The bathroom had hair on the floor and in the shower, mold around the bathtub stopper, as well as a male sized toenail clipping greeting me on the floor. I did not complain. I felt I 'got what I paid for' and it was my fault for booking a three day stay so late that the nicer area hotels were full. The noise level was acceptable and the stay was decent, especially for the price. My dog was happy and I let out a heavy sigh, cleaned up and took it for what it was. Those are the facts of my stay.
3 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Comfy"
Very clean and family friendly Very comfortable beds
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Samantha
"Spending time with family"
My stay was great. room was perfect for the price. The room was clean and spacious.
2 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Salisa Medlock
"Week Long Stay by mature adults"
Room was very clean and staff was very nice. No extra charge for our 2 dogs. We stayed Tuesday- Saturday and room service was there everyday and changed sheets and towels. Hotel was easy to find the whole stay was great. Would recommend it and will stay again since most motels charge extra for pets.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Pet lover
"Very pleasant. The staff were very friendly."
The room was clean and comfortable. Checking in and out was easy.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Easy access - good location
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
""Near Ft. Jackson""
Don't know why it is called "Ft. Jackson." Not really that convenient to the Base. Bed overly soft - bad for tender backs. One employee in the morning to check out and maintain the inadequate "breakfast bar." Just not a great experience. Would have thought more of a LaQuinta!
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"bootcamp graduation"
i enjoyed my stay. easy to get to. friendly staff. i arrived early after a long night of traveling and was allowed to check in early so i could sleep. i thought that was awesome service. Also, ran a bit late getting back from bootcamp graduation and they were gracious about that as well. room was clean. only thing i can think of that may have needed improvement was the coffee lol.. other than that it was very nice. thanks for the great service
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Dawn
"Birthday gift for my son."
I purchased the room as a gift for my son, I was very pleased with the entire expetience. Booking the room was quick and easy and the representative was very thorough with explaining the details of where the hotel was located and the total cost. My son did not have any issues upon check in or during his stay. Thank you
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Cee Jay
"Nice dog friendly hotel"
We were traveling from Florida to West Virginia. Needed to stay the night at a dog friendly hotel. The price was good as LaQuinta does not add a dog fee. The rooms were clean and good for the price. We stayed at same hotel one our way home also. The breakfast bar was adequate. Nothing fancy but did include waffles. The staff was helpful when needed. On way home, we actually were able to use a coupon that we picked up along the way which really made the stay real economical.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Barb & Mike
"Fort Jackson Graduation"
We had a grand old time at La Quinta,room was clean and with everything we needed at hand, continental breakfast was great !!!! staff was helpful. We will definitely stay at La Quinta in future.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013