All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2599 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA, 94123, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Value Hotel"
Room was clean and true to pictures. Older hotel on busy streat, hey it's the City. Purchased ear plugs at the Walgreens at the corner, slept fine. Lucky to get a room since there was a convention in town and every room was booked. Over good value.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2015
Anna
"A keeper! Will stay there again."
The La Luna Inn is a comfortable stay. It's a bit away from Market Street/Fisherman's Wharf, but with the buses and trolleys, you can still access those places. Be prepared to walk a bit as well. There is a Walgreens and Liquor Store in walking distance for convenience. The rooms are clean and roomy, with a small fridge. The bathroom is a bit small for two people to get ready in the morning, but it's functional. The busy road out front can get loud with honking or motorcycles, but that's pretty much all of San Fran. The staff was very helpful and patient with us, giving us tips on how to get where we were going. The continental breakfast in the am is a great way to start your day. All in all, a good nights rest.
2 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"Great affordable hotel"
Everything was great except the food for breakfast! Great location close to marina and Crissy field.
1 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
Debra
"Quick stop in San fran"
One night stay in San Francisco. The room was clean and the bathroom was remodeled. The continental breakfast consisted of toast or oatmeal. It is relatively close to Golden Gate and the wharf. The hotel was good for the money. They were nice enough to allow us to keep our car parked there until 2pm after our noon checkout which is helpful with San fran parking rates.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Jordan
"Better than I expected - but I didn't expect much"
The key to these places is to set your bar low and understand that you're in the city. It wasn't bad if you just need a place that's warm, safe neighborhood to walk around in and get good food and park for free. It's not a Mariott or Hilton so it ended up being very decent. Front staff helped me find some places and super friendly. Breakfast in the morning ahhh, hmmm, coffee was fine and package of oatmeal is about normal any way for me but nothing fancy.
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Christopher
"Really nice and inexpensive hotel in San Francisco"
Perfect for staying in an inexpensive hotel... The good part is that it has free parking, just make sure to get that early since the parking lot may fill up...
3 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
MIGUEL
Great location one street away from Chestnut Street which had a lot of shops and a lot of cool restaurants!!!! Clean spacious room, fairly updated room, beds good but pillows stiff. We had to wait a long time to get our room and their some to be some confusion as to why our room was not ready. Bare bones breakfast!!
3 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
"Good Price if you just want a clean/good location"
The front desk was very helpful. The hotel is in a good location ( for tourist) . This hotel is good, if you are in town to explore the city, not to stay in the room and use hotel activities. The breakfast is simple. We would stay there again, bc we were in the city to explore and was just coming and going to the room to get ready and out for another adventure.
1 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
marta
The location was perfect- we had a rental car but took the bus everywhere. (To Alcatraz, fisherman's wharf, union square, Chinatown) Front desk was helpful and welcoming. Beds were uncomfortable, but our king bed room was huge. Breakfast was pathetic; toast with butter or jam, 2 odd varieties of oatmeal, oranges, coffee, and v watered down juice. We would stay here again.
3 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Karlie
"Nice deal in SF"
Not bad. Free parking and wifi set it apart automatically. Easy location in some respects. Traffic noise a bit loud, but good deal for SF.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Russ
"san fran trip"
Room smelled weird..humid like...its your basic room.. didnt spend much time in it. It was clean not perfect. It was noisy near traffic. Shower leaked a lot of water on floor. No issues to complain abour.. its close to everything u want to be near. Urber it or take advantage of bus, tour buses, etc..
3 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Annamarie
"I will definitely be staying at La Luna again!"
I really enjoyed my stay at La Luna Inn. I would definitely stay there again next time I visit. The Marina area is beautiful and you can walk to fisherman's Wharf (2 mi) and other sites as well. The rooms were small but perfect for my needs. The bathrooms were super clean. The towels weren't very soft but they were functional. There isn't a lot of counter space in the bathroom, so if you use a lot of counter space, you'll have to get creative. The AC/heating was a nice accommodation that I found many other hotels do not offer in the area. If you're a light sleeper, you'll want to bring ear plugs because the hotel is right next to Lombard and the walls are thin. This did not effect my sleeping, but did bother my vacation partner. The beds are comfy. Free wifi was a plus. I wish there was a mini fridge in the room and this place would be golden one list. The management and customer service are incredible. They are really kind and do their best to make my stay the best and most affordable. Bobby is a top notch employee and a kind soul. The breakfast is very small; toast, jelly, instant oatmeal, OJ, Apple juice, hot cocoa, coffee, milk, oranges, apples. But free toast is a nice offering considering most of the cafes charge $4 for two slices of toast. Free parking rocks! It's difficult to find parking in San Fran, much less free. The area felt safe.
2 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2015
Samantha
"Decent for the price"
Decent hotel. Good location for beautiful views and night life. Right near GG Bridge, Palace of Fine Art, Presidio and lots more, but in mind it's nowhere near downtown. Breakfast was just white bread and butter they were out of jam. overall we came for leisure and had a cheap and great stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Noisy and crowded."
Very loud due to street noise and sound & air flowing through door crack. Lack of parking compounded by the fact that the motel provides many spaces to Zip Car. A very odd thing happened; I hung a towel I used on the rack (indicating I would use it again), and after the room was cleaned I saw the towel. But when I went back out the towel was then gone. Nothing else was touched, but the towel I had hung and was there AFTER the room was cleaned was gone after I returned a 2nd time.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"not a major brand hotel for a reason."
Stayed here cause seems like entire town was booked up. This is a really old property that is trying to run with the big brand hotels. It is not! Overall clean, but I did have ants in my room the entire 5 nights, house keeping seemed to ignore them at check out the front desk asked: "did you let somebody know?" I said yes the maid knew csuse the towel was covered with dead aunts she exchanged. So it must be so common she does not report to engineering. B
5 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"Just OK"
Too expensive for what was offered.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Not worth it"
My friend and I stayed here one night and we chose this hotel because it was a mile away from the Fort Mason Center (where they were having the Walker Stalker Con). When we first got there and checked in, the guy at the front desk was rude and seemed annoyed when we would ask questions. When we got to our room it smelled very nice and seemed clean but the fact the aroma was so overpowering tells me they are trying to cover up other smells. later that night my friend and I were getting ready to leave for dinner and we realized there were no available parking spots and so I went inside and asked the new man at the desk about parking when we got back and he too was very rude and said "first come first serve" and told us about a parking garage 5 blocks away. Sure enough when we got back to the hotel there was no space available (VERY TINY PARKING LOT NOT ENOUGH SPACES FOR ALL THE GUESTS). Their continental breakfast is a joke, they had toast, juice, and coffee. When you're paying over $130 a night for a room I expect a decent continental breakfast. And once again when asked if that's all they have the man at the desk was rude. We will not be staying there again. The only positive thing we experienced was the comfort of the beds, other than that, it's not worth the money.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"ok"
Pretty standard quality for the price comparing with other hotels on Lombard Street that I have stay at. Tight and limited parking. Walking distance to many good places to eat.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Stephen
"Stayed before, will stay again"
Not the fanciest place in town, but very convenient if you want to see more of San Francisco than Union Square or The.Wharf. Great places.to eat and nightlife is a 4 minute walk away in Cow Hollow. On site parking is huge. Minor.drawback is the place is noisy as it is on top of Lombard, next to.the Presidio, but quiet in the mornings on the weekend.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
hotel room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Hotel has parking but very compacted. Hotel location is on a very busy street & during the morning, you may be woken by the traffic noise. Other than the noise, we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Ayde B.
"Great Overall Value"
Great deal and amenities for the price. Parking is a little tight, but can't beat it since it's free.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Close to marina, easy location."
Hotel is comfortable for the star rating it has. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable and bedding clean. It's on a busy main road, so is a little noisy. The free wifi is good, didn't try the breakfast so can't comment. Easy access to public transport and the Big Bus tour picks up right out front.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Danielle
"Nice staff, dirty rug"
You can't beat the location of the hotel. Walking distance to palace of the arts, Walgreens and eateries. The price was good, staff was excellent, room was good. The only thing was that the rug was dirtier than outside! I could not walk in there without shoes. Everything else was clean, just the rug was bad!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nice and clean hotel"
Good hotel, good staff, clean and confortable room
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Alessandro
"Disappointing"
My husband and I were in SF for his surgery and needed to stay overnight. We were put in a corner room near a dark hallway and I would be staying there alone the second night, so I went to the desk and explained. The person ate he front desk wasn't very friendly and said there was nothing he could do to get a safer room. That would have been ok, aside from the fact that there is no chain on the doors, just the latch attached to the key reader. We stayed The first night and I went down for the "very light" continental breakfast: oatmeal packets and white toast with country crock. My husband didn't feel safe with me staying overnight alone so I checked out early and was denied a refund due to having gone through Hotels.com. I will not sure hotels.com again and I would not reccomend La Luna Inn for other travelers.
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
Dominique
"A great one night stay"
My wife and I booked this hotel at the end of our vacation since were flying out of Oakland early the next morning. The hotel is located off Lombard street and very easy to find. The staff was very friendly and the hotel has free parking, wifi, and continental breakfast. However, it is not as walking friendly as a hotel on Fisherman's Wharf so you'll need a car or to ride the buses if you're there on vacation. The only complaint I have about the hotel itself is the windows and doors are thin so you can hear the traffic and people (kids) running around. Overall I liked the hotel for the price and free parking. It makes for a great one night stay before a flight/other travel.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
jason
"Easy to Get to, Easy to Park"
We chose to stay at the La Luna Inn because of the kitschy, California feel to the photos. Listed as a boutique hotel, they had bright colors and clean bathrooms that, while not lux, were adequate to our needs. On the wall was a retro pinup advertisement for stockings which I adored, and I think they should whole-heartedly embrace the kitsch and add more retro décor to their rooms. The neighborhood we were in, on the border of the Marina and Pacific Heights, felt safe, and we walked it numerous times. A light continental breakfast came with the room, but we opted for one of the numerous brunch places only a few blocks away. One of the best things was how easy it was to find and get in to. We were tired after a long day of driving, crossing the Golden Gate Bridge and being stuck in traffic, and it was a relief to realize our hotel was on the same road and super easy to find. Checkout was easy and they let us keep our car at the hotel until our evening flight. That’s another thing – free parking!
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Megan
"convenient"
The Hotel receptionist was very helpful and accommodating, I requested to be checked in early and he was nice enough to let us checked in early. Thanks.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Riza
"Just what we needed and within our budget."
We had a great 3-night stay at La Luna. 24-hour front desk help is wonderful when you're checking in super late and the (FREE!) parking lot was well-lit. The room itself was small, the bathroom was even smaller, but everything was clean and in good condition. Well, everything other than the lampshade which refused to sit on the bulb straight. The room was perfect for our needs, the bed was not too bouncy, the AC unit helped to block out the road noise, the light contintental breakfast was really handy (although there are tasty coffee shops and restaurants nearby), and the location was excellent. We'd definitely stay here again!
3 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Rebecca
"Better than expected"
Pros: (1) The location is close to everywhere (very convenient!!). (2) The room was larger than expected (I was worried about size of the room when reading the reviews of others). (3) Free parking. I was not impressed by the hotel staff, but I think the service was OK. I will choose to stay here again.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Bella
"Feel like a 3rd tier rock star for a night."
Clean and incredibly convenient location. Take advantage of Chestnut and Union street as well as the incredibly beautiful Chrissy Field.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"won't stay here again"
The room smelled and was extremely small.
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Disappointing this time."
Our room was behind the original La Luna. The room is very dark and in need of a modern upgrade. The table lamps did not work. A coffee maker was on the desk but there was no plug-ins nearby. The roof was dripping water I suppose from a shower in a room above. Two days latter they said we could move to the room next door if we wanted, seemed like too much work on our part after unpacking.The walls were thin and we could hear laughing and talking. The key machines did not work so each time we left the room we had to get them to open the door for us, that was the first 3 days and nights.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Basa's
Simple standard room. not5hing fancy. Nothing more
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
cheryl
"Need spot cleaning"
Staff was great. The room wasn't as clean as it should be. Our socks were so filthy, bed comforter not cleaned, pillows super thin, dust and torn lamp shades.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"La Luna is a place to return to. Remodeled rooms r distinct fromthose"
Staff was friendly. Good location.
2 night trip Dec 17, 2014
"UCSF visit"
Because power outages in area was unable to check in but was able to an hour later and front desk was apologetic but still able to check in earlier than normal check in time. Room was very clean and couple times called front desk for things and responded very quickly. Room and beds were comfortable but shower pressure poor. Probably would stay again.
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
Duane
"ear plugs"
I love this neighborhood, so we always try to stay around it. First time stay, rooms need to be updated, expecially the doors and windows. Being right on Lombard, traffic is very busy, so the noise level was high. If they put a better sealed door and windows and clean the carpet, that would make things better.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"La Luna View"
La Luna is quiet and clean with excellent access to Union street shopping and Fishermans Wharf
1 night trip Dec 9, 2014
"Hotel with breakfast and free parking"
The hotel is clean, but not close to attractions, but is close to public transportation. Breakfast is very basic: toast and jam, and fruits. Wifi is free, but very weak.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
wael
"Great Place!"
Love it, room was less noisy than I thought it might be. Clean and stylish and close to great food and culture. Many "main" connecting streets close by so navigating the city was easy from the hotel. My girlfriend and I enjoyed it IMMENSELY!!!
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Worst place to pay $160 per night."
I needed place to stay near Russian Consulate. The place we found trough the expedia, but if I had any idea how bad this place, I would rather get room in Hilton by the airport... The room was stinky, was no hot water, heater was broken... I had traveled with 3 month old baby and this hotel wasn't meant to accommodate babies.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Lilly
"San Fran"
Everyone of the front desk staff was more than helpful, courteous, and friendly. The location was fantastic for us.
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Stacy
"Decent Stay"
Price was right, but disappointed they charged us $20 for two beds instead of 1 king bed. A bit noisy but ran the fan during the night to drown out the noise. Great location. Breakfast was very minimal; toast, oatmeal, and coffee.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
PVG
Disappointed is the theme for this review. We have stayed at this location before, less than 1 year ago and we had a very pleasant stay. I was very aware when I made the reservation that this was a 2 star location. But, when we checked in we were given rooms in a portion of the Hotel that looked more like a "motel". It was a super small room, shower only, the closet was non existent and it smelled a little. I called the front desk and asked if they had something a bit larger available and they placed us in a slightly larger room but it had two iron burn marks in the carpet, the shower door would stick and felt like it was going to pop off of its hinge, the bedding was awful (1 pillow did not have a pillow case, the pillows were flat, the top blanket was tied together rather than being sewn), there were black ants in the bathroom around the shower. The beds are very low to the floor and springs can be felt easily through the mattress. Not sure if there was an insulation problem in the room we were in, but the outside noise of people just walking around and then road noise could easily be heard inside of the room. The occasion that we stayed at this property before was very pleasant and the room was comfortable. I am not sure what happened. The price is still very reasonable and it is an absolute perk being able to park for free on the property. If these things were corrected I would like to stay at this location again.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Gibbs Family
"Excellent!"
Was a great place to stay, at an excellent price. Confortable rooms and excellent service.
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
Diana G
"Great Value Close to Everything"
I stayed here to take our son to UCSF for a medical appointment. I needed an inexpensive place near the hospital. Based on the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, I selected La Luna and I wasn't disappointed. The front desk clerk was phenomenal. When our son, who has autism, had a melt down in the lobby, he was so kind and gentle with him. He helped me get our bags to our room, and offered calming support. The room is a 60's era motor coach hotel, but the bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. There was a lot of noise early in the evening, and the sound of roller bags on the exterior walkway was a little loud, but by 9:30, all was quiet. I'd stay at La Luna again.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Brenda
The experience was disappointing. The hotel is not well maintained, need painting and renovation. The room has a good space, but the smell left us nauseous.
"My second stay at La Luna..."
Convenient and affordable. Parking is free. Hotel room smelled like cleaning chemicals tho... I had to keep the door open to air it out.
Kym
"It just okay"
Real close to the street so it was loud. Breakfast was bare minimum. No parking cause of first come first serve
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014