All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
2599 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA, 94123, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Just OK"
Too expensive for what was offered.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Solid for the price."
Doesn't look like much from the outside, like many SF motels, but the rooms were comfortable and clean; there is free parking; and the property is walking distance to the Palace of Fine Arts, waterfront, and the Presidio. You could do a lot worse.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Not worth it"
My friend and I stayed here one night and we chose this hotel because it was a mile away from the Fort Mason Center (where they were having the Walker Stalker Con). When we first got there and checked in, the guy at the front desk was rude and seemed annoyed when we would ask questions. When we got to our room it smelled very nice and seemed clean but the fact the aroma was so overpowering tells me they are trying to cover up other smells. later that night my friend and I were getting ready to leave for dinner and we realized there were no available parking spots and so I went inside and asked the new man at the desk about parking when we got back and he too was very rude and said "first come first serve" and told us about a parking garage 5 blocks away. Sure enough when we got back to the hotel there was no space available (VERY TINY PARKING LOT NOT ENOUGH SPACES FOR ALL THE GUESTS). Their continental breakfast is a joke, they had toast, juice, and coffee. When you're paying over $130 a night for a room I expect a decent continental breakfast. And once again when asked if that's all they have the man at the desk was rude. We will not be staying there again. The only positive thing we experienced was the comfort of the beds, other than that, it's not worth the money.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"ok"
Pretty standard quality for the price comparing with other hotels on Lombard Street that I have stay at. Tight and limited parking. Walking distance to many good places to eat.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Stephen
"Stayed before, will stay again"
Not the fanciest place in town, but very convenient if you want to see more of San Francisco than Union Square or The.Wharf. Great places.to eat and nightlife is a 4 minute walk away in Cow Hollow. On site parking is huge. Minor.drawback is the place is noisy as it is on top of Lombard, next to.the Presidio, but quiet in the mornings on the weekend.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
hotel room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Hotel has parking but very compacted. Hotel location is on a very busy street & during the morning, you may be woken by the traffic noise. Other than the noise, we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Ayde B.
"Great Overall Value"
Great deal and amenities for the price. Parking is a little tight, but can't beat it since it's free.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Close to marina, easy location."
Hotel is comfortable for the star rating it has. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable and bedding clean. It's on a busy main road, so is a little noisy. The free wifi is good, didn't try the breakfast so can't comment. Easy access to public transport and the Big Bus tour picks up right out front.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Danielle
"Nice staff, dirty rug"
You can't beat the location of the hotel. Walking distance to palace of the arts, Walgreens and eateries. The price was good, staff was excellent, room was good. The only thing was that the rug was dirtier than outside! I could not walk in there without shoes. Everything else was clean, just the rug was bad!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nice and clean hotel"
Good hotel, good staff, clean and confortable room
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Alessandro
"Disappointing"
My husband and I were in SF for his surgery and needed to stay overnight. We were put in a corner room near a dark hallway and I would be staying there alone the second night, so I went to the desk and explained. The person ate he front desk wasn't very friendly and said there was nothing he could do to get a safer room. That would have been ok, aside from the fact that there is no chain on the doors, just the latch attached to the key reader. We stayed The first night and I went down for the "very light" continental breakfast: oatmeal packets and white toast with country crock. My husband didn't feel safe with me staying overnight alone so I checked out early and was denied a refund due to having gone through Hotels.com. I will not sure hotels.com again and I would not reccomend La Luna Inn for other travelers.
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
Dominique
"A great one night stay"
My wife and I booked this hotel at the end of our vacation since were flying out of Oakland early the next morning. The hotel is located off Lombard street and very easy to find. The staff was very friendly and the hotel has free parking, wifi, and continental breakfast. However, it is not as walking friendly as a hotel on Fisherman's Wharf so you'll need a car or to ride the buses if you're there on vacation. The only complaint I have about the hotel itself is the windows and doors are thin so you can hear the traffic and people (kids) running around. Overall I liked the hotel for the price and free parking. It makes for a great one night stay before a flight/other travel.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
jason
"Easy to Get to, Easy to Park"
We chose to stay at the La Luna Inn because of the kitschy, California feel to the photos. Listed as a boutique hotel, they had bright colors and clean bathrooms that, while not lux, were adequate to our needs. On the wall was a retro pinup advertisement for stockings which I adored, and I think they should whole-heartedly embrace the kitsch and add more retro décor to their rooms. The neighborhood we were in, on the border of the Marina and Pacific Heights, felt safe, and we walked it numerous times. A light continental breakfast came with the room, but we opted for one of the numerous brunch places only a few blocks away. One of the best things was how easy it was to find and get in to. We were tired after a long day of driving, crossing the Golden Gate Bridge and being stuck in traffic, and it was a relief to realize our hotel was on the same road and super easy to find. Checkout was easy and they let us keep our car at the hotel until our evening flight. That’s another thing – free parking!
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Megan
"convenient"
The Hotel receptionist was very helpful and accommodating, I requested to be checked in early and he was nice enough to let us checked in early. Thanks.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Riza
"Just what we needed and within our budget."
We had a great 3-night stay at La Luna. 24-hour front desk help is wonderful when you're checking in super late and the (FREE!) parking lot was well-lit. The room itself was small, the bathroom was even smaller, but everything was clean and in good condition. Well, everything other than the lampshade which refused to sit on the bulb straight. The room was perfect for our needs, the bed was not too bouncy, the AC unit helped to block out the road noise, the light contintental breakfast was really handy (although there are tasty coffee shops and restaurants nearby), and the location was excellent. We'd definitely stay here again!
3 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Rebecca
"Better than expected"
Pros: (1) The location is close to everywhere (very convenient!!). (2) The room was larger than expected (I was worried about size of the room when reading the reviews of others). (3) Free parking. I was not impressed by the hotel staff, but I think the service was OK. I will choose to stay here again.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Bella
"Feel like a 3rd tier rock star for a night."
Clean and incredibly convenient location. Take advantage of Chestnut and Union street as well as the incredibly beautiful Chrissy Field.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"won't stay here again"
The room smelled and was extremely small.
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Disappointing this time."
Our room was behind the original La Luna. The room is very dark and in need of a modern upgrade. The table lamps did not work. A coffee maker was on the desk but there was no plug-ins nearby. The roof was dripping water I suppose from a shower in a room above. Two days latter they said we could move to the room next door if we wanted, seemed like too much work on our part after unpacking.The walls were thin and we could hear laughing and talking. The key machines did not work so each time we left the room we had to get them to open the door for us, that was the first 3 days and nights.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Basa's
Simple standard room. not5hing fancy. Nothing more
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
cheryl
"Need spot cleaning"
Staff was great. The room wasn't as clean as it should be. Our socks were so filthy, bed comforter not cleaned, pillows super thin, dust and torn lamp shades.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"La Luna is a place to return to. Remodeled rooms r distinct fromthose"
Staff was friendly. Good location.
2 night trip Dec 17, 2014
"UCSF visit"
Because power outages in area was unable to check in but was able to an hour later and front desk was apologetic but still able to check in earlier than normal check in time. Room was very clean and couple times called front desk for things and responded very quickly. Room and beds were comfortable but shower pressure poor. Probably would stay again.
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
Duane
"ear plugs"
I love this neighborhood, so we always try to stay around it. First time stay, rooms need to be updated, expecially the doors and windows. Being right on Lombard, traffic is very busy, so the noise level was high. If they put a better sealed door and windows and clean the carpet, that would make things better.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"La Luna View"
La Luna is quiet and clean with excellent access to Union street shopping and Fishermans Wharf
1 night trip Dec 9, 2014
"Hotel with breakfast and free parking"
The hotel is clean, but not close to attractions, but is close to public transportation. Breakfast is very basic: toast and jam, and fruits. Wifi is free, but very weak.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
wael
"Great Place!"
Love it, room was less noisy than I thought it might be. Clean and stylish and close to great food and culture. Many "main" connecting streets close by so navigating the city was easy from the hotel. My girlfriend and I enjoyed it IMMENSELY!!!
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Worst place to pay $160 per night."
I needed place to stay near Russian Consulate. The place we found trough the expedia, but if I had any idea how bad this place, I would rather get room in Hilton by the airport... The room was stinky, was no hot water, heater was broken... I had traveled with 3 month old baby and this hotel wasn't meant to accommodate babies.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Lilly
"San Fran"
Everyone of the front desk staff was more than helpful, courteous, and friendly. The location was fantastic for us.
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Stacy
"Decent Stay"
Price was right, but disappointed they charged us $20 for two beds instead of 1 king bed. A bit noisy but ran the fan during the night to drown out the noise. Great location. Breakfast was very minimal; toast, oatmeal, and coffee.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
PVG
Disappointed is the theme for this review. We have stayed at this location before, less than 1 year ago and we had a very pleasant stay. I was very aware when I made the reservation that this was a 2 star location. But, when we checked in we were given rooms in a portion of the Hotel that looked more like a "motel". It was a super small room, shower only, the closet was non existent and it smelled a little. I called the front desk and asked if they had something a bit larger available and they placed us in a slightly larger room but it had two iron burn marks in the carpet, the shower door would stick and felt like it was going to pop off of its hinge, the bedding was awful (1 pillow did not have a pillow case, the pillows were flat, the top blanket was tied together rather than being sewn), there were black ants in the bathroom around the shower. The beds are very low to the floor and springs can be felt easily through the mattress. Not sure if there was an insulation problem in the room we were in, but the outside noise of people just walking around and then road noise could easily be heard inside of the room. The occasion that we stayed at this property before was very pleasant and the room was comfortable. I am not sure what happened. The price is still very reasonable and it is an absolute perk being able to park for free on the property. If these things were corrected I would like to stay at this location again.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Gibbs Family
"Excellent!"
Was a great place to stay, at an excellent price. Confortable rooms and excellent service.
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
Diana G
"Great Value Close to Everything"
I stayed here to take our son to UCSF for a medical appointment. I needed an inexpensive place near the hospital. Based on the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, I selected La Luna and I wasn't disappointed. The front desk clerk was phenomenal. When our son, who has autism, had a melt down in the lobby, he was so kind and gentle with him. He helped me get our bags to our room, and offered calming support. The room is a 60's era motor coach hotel, but the bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. There was a lot of noise early in the evening, and the sound of roller bags on the exterior walkway was a little loud, but by 9:30, all was quiet. I'd stay at La Luna again.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Brenda
The experience was disappointing. The hotel is not well maintained, need painting and renovation. The room has a good space, but the smell left us nauseous.
"My second stay at La Luna..."
Convenient and affordable. Parking is free. Hotel room smelled like cleaning chemicals tho... I had to keep the door open to air it out.
Kym
"It just okay"
Real close to the street so it was loud. Breakfast was bare minimum. No parking cause of first come first serve
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Good location and reasonable price."
The price was the main factor in choosing this hotel. Also important was free parking and breakfast . The room was clean but was suprised how small it was. Was also suprised by the $100 deposit. It was refunded after about 5 days . The bed was a bit soft but slept well each night . Would stay there again .
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Bruce
"OK Budget Hotel For San Francisco"
This hotel is not the taj mahal, but it's just fine for those on a budget who want to stay in the city but plan to spend most of their time out doing things. The room was basic and clean. Bathrooms have been updated but there is no tub, only a shower. We got the deluxe queen room and with the extra space it really made a difference. Rooms we stayed in afterwards at other hotels seemed much smaller so we definitely noticed. Breakfast is only toast, english muffins, fruit, and juice or coffee. We bought yoghurt from the Walgreen's across the street and brought it down with us each morning to make the breakfast a little more filling. It was just right for a few days. Parking was good and we had no trouble finding a spot. We walked to the piers and all around town. Overall, it's a decent place to stay.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Mel
"reasonable distance to our activities"
The hotel was ok. Best feature is it was clean. Didn't like the toilet, it was like a public restroom toilet that you flush with your foot. We had to request a regular blanket, the bed had a sheet & a heavy bedspread provided, we needed something in between. We had to request replacement towels for one guest after the room had been cleaned. There were 3 of us in the room & towels were left for 2. Both issues mentioned were taken care of in a timely, satisfactory manner. We were happy with the coffee pot & fridge.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Barbie
"Nice hotel close to local transportation"
Over all rating was very good. Pleasant people to work with, very helpful. Breakfast was good and plentiful.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Good hotel in San Francisco"
Good stay without breaking the budget for a hotel in San Francisco. Staff at front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. Since we coming from out of town, we arrived at 10:30 AM. They allowed us to park our vehicle there even though it was too early to check in. They next day after we checked out, they allowed us again to keep our car there for the day while we went sight seeing.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Good location. Adequate room- nothing fancy Breakfast minimal
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Nice location"
Good room and I love the location. A lot of great restaurants and bars within walking distance.
4 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Mark V.
"Great small hotel"
Staff very helpful, very clean modern rooms, great location at a reasonable rate!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"A Nice 2.5 Star Hotel"
Let's not forget, this is a 2.5 Star hotel....it's not a 3 or 4 Star name-brand. As a result, it is fine. Nothing wrong with this hotel. Convenient to bus stops and nice restaurants and great shopping = 2 blocks away. Excellent service. Plain rooms but clean. Extremely comfortable bed!
5 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
"Good location, but not much more."
On the main drag so it was very noisy to get a good nights sleep. We were not in the room except to sleep. Continental breakfast was just fair.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Great experience"
Very impressed with your staff. Very friendly and helpful. The facility, room et all was terrific. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Melody
"A cab ride away from attractions"
La Luna Inn was a quite, off the strip hotel. The room was clean and we had plenty of space. The staff was really friendly and the continental breakfast was small but perfect because we had planned to hop around the town and eat all day. My only compliant would be the shower pressure, there was hardly none. Also, we came during the hottest time of year, this hotel wasn't ready for the heat because the a/c unit didn't pump out much air, so the room got stuffy quite fast, the open window helped though.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"would not stay there again"
I would pay more to stay at a newer hotel, poor condition.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2014
La Luna Inn was recommended to me by a friend and I couldn't have been happier with my stay. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The room was really spacious and clean. Surrounding Chestnut street is really cute to explore and the 30 bus took me right to fisherman's wharf. Thank you to the staff for letting me know that :) Prior to my visit I asked for a quiet room because I had read online it can get a little noisy because of street traffic. The staff were great and had a quiet room in the back all ready. Thanks La Luna Inn. I will be back :)
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014