All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
1525 Rycroft St, Honolulu, HI, 96814, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"No longer guest friendly"
I have stayed here for years. I won't stay here again. They were the local favorite for a clean, comfortable place to stay for folks from neighbor islands. No more. They are under new ownership, and the attitude in the staff, the policies they have implemented for guests and other things show their change in attitude. They are no longer a neighbor island/guest friendly hotel. I was very disappointed in many things on this stay.
4 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
MARILYN
"Reasons I was pleased"
I found my stay to be very pleasant. Perhaps the construction listed by others was not happening during my visit. I found the service to be good, friendly and helpful. It is very near Waikiki beach, nice international restaurants, and only a half block from Walmart for the things I forgot and some inexpensive gift shopping. Higher quality shopping was also very close at the Ala Moana mall. I walked everywhere I wanted to go. Secure access to rooms was a nice feature, I found my room probably needs some updating, but overall, I was very pleased.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"we got what we paid for..."
Front Desk Clerk Bill was Awesome...old hotel but clean and spacious...parking $10 fee self parking across the street Ross building...atendant was rude If your planning to stay in enjoy the hotel and facilities This hotel is not for you...but if your out and enjoying hawaii this hotel is not bad...
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Mohan
"Old and disgusting"
i was there on business. you know it is bad when they tell you you cant have guest after a certain times. Needs to be remodeled and cleaned up.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Bad"
Terrible experience. They put us in the "Pagota Terraces" which were converted old apartments. This is the first time I've stayed in a "hotel" that the hot water did not work. Lot a drop of hot, all cold. Worse part if the hotel knew about it amd didnt say a work when we checked in. Stay away feom this place
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Pagoda"
I love the resturant! The fish are neat! I am a builder and I appreciate the structure and layout! The hotel is old but I like older hotels on average. The people who work there all very nice.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Chad R Warrington
"Affordable, clean and convenient"
Very conveniently located near the shopping center, beach and WalMart. Rooms are clean and brightly redecorated. Beds are okay - pillows could be better. Room furniture was being upgraded. Bathtub porcelain refinish was peeling off but covered with a non-slip mat. Air conditioner was noisy. Overall great value for the price. Free internet is wired. There is a parking fee and resort fee added.
4 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
I loved the house keeping service. They were always very polite and did a great job on cleaning our room each day. As for one of the staff members at the front desk we weren't greeted in an aloha manner. Good thing the lovely manager stepped in,she saved our whole experience! D
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"central to everything"
awesome, enjoyed it wish didn't have to go home.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Gavin Walker
"Close to lots of shopping"
The hotel is close to the beach and some shopping and good foods. Staff are friendly and price is just right.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"The hotel is close to Ala Moana Center"
We like the hotel thats why we always stay there. Both the hotel and restaurant are good. The employees are friendly and hospitable. They make you feel like you belong. Thanks Expedia for assisting us in our reservation.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Jan
"Noisy"
expensive
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2014
Crystal
Great location close to all shopping center and restaurants
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Hotel is well located near the Ala Moana shopping center. Room was nicely furnished and made our stay a pleasant one.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Pagoda Hotel"
We were hesitant staying at this hotel due to previous negative reviews that we read on other travel sites, but we decided to call the hotel and ask about the condition of the hotel. The hotel staff we spoke with told us the Pagoda Hotel was under renovating process with upgrades and will be complete prior to our trip. With a peace of mind, we decided to book 1 night at this hotel, but we had no idea what was to come. The entry way to our terrace was under construction (It was said to be complete). It was dirty and messy out in the court yard and by the pool. We found multiple ants on our beds and underneath the sheets. It was noisy at night with people talking right outside our blind like windows and children screaming and running back and forth. In the morning, we found out that homeless people where sleeping right outside our room. Although there are gates and key locks to enter the the terrace, but most of the time it was left open with a "rock" door stopper so that anyone could get in or out. We did not feel comfortable or safe staying at this hotel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Springsheen
"Inexpensive and near marriage licensing office"
The hotel is not very up to date. The room and bathroom are fairly clean, but they are just old with old fixtures, nothing fancy if you just need a place to lay your head. It has a weird set up, with a sink in the room area. There wasn't any wifi. The parking was across the street in the Ross building. We only stayed here for one night. Arrived late after our flight, the front desk was able to check us in late, and we went straight to bed. It was just conveniently located near the marriage licensing office, about five minute drive. We didn't have time to enjoy or appreciate any amenities the hotel may have had to offer.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"Decent hotel near Wikiki"
Average rooms for the price near the area. Everything is extra (i.e. parking, access to roomsafe, etc...)
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
A
"Hotel in process of renovating....expect bugs"
Pagoda has always been so kind...but I guess I'll suggest to stay when the renovating is done on the hotel....
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
rei
"Front desk staff was very rude...."
Front desk staff was very rude and not helpful at all.... Room was not cleaned.... This whole place needs a lot of work and renovation.... So sad to say I loved this hotel before always use to stay here with my family now this will be the last time!!!
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Parking far"
Parking far from room, beds could feel the springs, room with queen bed had no tv, room with 2 twins had only a ceiling fan, over all was greatful for a room to sleep in and a shower however I will never stay there again
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
kind hearted
"Neglected hotel in good location"
Hotel staff is friendly yet building is in need of complete remodel. I had to make several trips to the desk to get my key to work!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Very convenient for shopping"
We could shop at walking distance to Wal Mart.Sam's club Don Quiote and even the main shopping center of Hawaii,the Ala Moana shopping center of Honolulu.Pagoda Hotel is very conveniently located with beautiful large colored Carps in tne pond surrounding the restaurant.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Dick
"SCARY EXPERIENCE"
We stayed at the hotel before, at this time I booked on line and they offered 2 bedrooms. I thought it was great. When I got there, besides having to wait extra 2 hours for the room tomb ready (Sunday), another couple cancelled and left, we were surprised to see that our room was not inside the hotel, but in a building across the street. When we hot there we saw so many strange people, asking for cigarettes and in and out whispering etc. The apartment was very simple, no free internet, etc as soon as i entered the bathroom there was visible hair in tub and on top of toilet seat cover.. i cleaned the tub, since my son is young and wanted to use the tub. that early evening we saw some young man and a girl leaving as we entered the complex and soon enough we hadn't even got inside the apartment, these kids got another guy on the street and started fighting and the guy went down and they started kicking him and soon enough the police closed the corner street. paramedics came in. we were so scared and thank God my son was not able to understand the lights blinking outside. we locked ourselves inside every night and put a chair to hold he door, so scared we were. I was informed they are discontinuing that part of the hotel, and I am sad i was not informed they had long term renters. i would never stay at that hotel again. you need to fix this issue.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
pagoda 2 bedroom
My boyfriend and I came to Hawaii for both a vacation, and for a Spartan mud run. We weren't looking to spend a fortune there, which is why we chose the Pagoda Hotel. Their rates could not be beat, especially being as close as they were to everything (excellent restaurants, Ala Moana shopping center and the beach all are within minutes of the hotel). We also wanted the option to be able to cook breakfasts for ourselves throughout the week, as we needed to be well fed rather early for our run, and the room that we got with the kitchenette was perfect for what we needed.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Good hotel with great location"
Overall very good, best thing is location which is excellent
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Eddie
Parking was too far but still affordable
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
"pagoda hotel"
rented room with kitchenette and no pots,pan,limited utensils.disposal not working,No Hot water during day!!!! could not take a tub bath because no provisions,Was not notified that pool could not use because of construction work! rates for rental should have been lower.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
bruce
Convenient location, close to everywhere. Bathroom was not super clean but people come back from beach n bring sands all the time so it's fairly clean.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
m&j
"it is extremely noisy on a very busy street"
if you dont mind super noise, you may stay here. noisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisynoisy
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Except for lack of internet it was the perfect place for us to stay. We found out two days after we got there that there was both a Starbucks and a McDonalds less than two blocks away. Both have wi-fi. Yes, the hotel is older but it was clean and had good amenities. Elevator card system was a disaster! Need to get rid of it totally! Emyl was a godsend at helping solve internet problems!
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Wanda
"I liked the location near restaurant and shopping"
My experience was wonderful I would stay at pagoda hotel again
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
luisa
Loved our stay, only wish you have wifi, that's my only regret, but everything else is excellent. We had to find places to camp for wifi, very inconvenient.
4 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Rosa Tofili
"Just what I needed."
Rooms are clean. Good service. Friendly environment. Good location. Walking distance to stores & restaurants.
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Virgil & Ruth
"Reasonably priced hotel"
Our stay was a mixed experience. Although the neighborhood wasn't the best, we actually liked the location as it allowed us to walk both to Waikiki Beach and to downtown (the capitol and palace). Shopping (at Ala Moana, Walmart, or even for groceries at Don Quijote) was very convenient. And parking, at only $10/day, was much less expensive than at Waikiki hotels. The room itself was also a mixed bag. We had a double-double in the tower. During our stay, they upgraded much of the furniture in the room. The fridge (and freezer!) worked well. However, the microwave was missing, and the room safe was locked so it was unusable. The bath tub had been painted at some point, and the paint was chipping (unsightly but fully functional). Our room was supposed to come with free breakfast. When we checked in, they informed us that we would get two vouchers (we had four people in the room) each day, but we had to request them at the front desk each morning at 7:00 am. Your choice between two breakfast options was served in the restaurant, a beautiful facility surrounded by a classic garden with fish ponds. The hotel advertised that it had both wired Internet and wi-fi. However, when we asked about the wi-fi (which didn't work), we were told that they were still working on it. Finally, as we were checking out, there was a posted notice that they would soon start charging a $10/day resort fee. So, although we didn't have to pay the fee, you will.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
L
"Aloha"
Nice hotel at affordable rate
9 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
My stay was ok except no wifi and they charge you for amenities and the room cleaning crew are very slow. Other than that it was ok.....have lots of eating places around and the variety is good
3 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Ken
"old"
Fantastic Koi ponds & streams. Buffet dinner was very expensive in the restaurant & not very good. The breakfast was great & reasonably priced. The pool is very small and old. The rooms were clean & comfortable but old & worn out, there is a sink in the bathroom plus one in the sleeping area???? Parking was $10. The other building & pool shown on web site has been sold so it's no longer a part of the hotel.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Below average hotel, good if you don't care much"
Hotel was so so. personnel was okay, price was okay too. But the beds were terrible, the worst mattress I ever slept on, lumpy and springy. Sheets sometimes smelled bad and had to be replaced. Otherwise the room was clean. water in shower was not hot enough although usable. kitchen had ants. Lots of noise at all hours of the night, other dwellers did not care about the rest of us and were very noisy even at 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 in the morning.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Henry
I especially loved the ponds with the fish! Made it a point, whenever I could, to use the walkway around the ponds even if it made the walk a little bit longer!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Love the Hotel and the location."
The Hotel was great the staff was so friendly. The Pagoda restaurant was excellent. All the prices of the hotel, parking, and food was very reasonable. My family and I enjoyed this hotel so much we will be returning for our next vacation. My son loved the fishes at the floating restaurant. We enjoyed our stay!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Nalani
"A place to Sleep!!"
my experience staying at this hotel was just a place to sleep, a little to expensive, no microwave, no WiFi had to pay for it for the cost that I paid to stay here. Staff was friendly and courteous, that's about it. The only thing that I liked best was it was in the downtown Honolulu area close to everything.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Liz
Would not stay there again!
2 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
It would have been nice if the scheduled maintenance (turning off the water) for a day was told to me prior to arriving. Laundry machines were broke and laundry room was flooded.
16 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
This place was shady and a dump
"Best buy I have had in downtown Honolulu"
Great staff quiet clean old kine well equipte convenience store clean pool. Dinning and bar
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Sandy
"Feel Comfortable....."
The Front Desk are very friendly and helpful... They all try there best to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. Many thanks to Paul, Carlos Debbie and the rest of the front desk crew for always making us feel at home! THE FISHER OHANA
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
The Fishers
"Its fine if you plan to be just sleeping here."
The hotel its self was fine for the price. They had only one of the 2 elevators running almost all day due to some remodel going on. The staff was nice but I waited over 20 minutes multiple time to get on the elevator. The restaurant at the hotel closed early almost every night and would not honor the 10% discount the hotel told us about. Happy hour made up for this. Beer was pretty cheap. Overall the stay was fine but if you are headed to Hawaii for vacation I would find something closer to downtown Waikiki.
13 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
Hans
"Huh? Across the street?"
I chose Pagoda because it was cheap and I was moving into a new house in just a few days and my company sponsored temp housing had run out. Little did I know I would NOT be staying at the Pagoda, but the Terrace Annex across the street. Needless to say, dragging the luggage cart half a block was not my idea of a good time. The room was old (but clean) and had a full size refrigerator and stove. It was a bargain considering rooms just a few blocks away in Waikiki. Just be sure you specify main building if you make reservations.
4 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Wolf
Staff was great and helpful the location had places to eat
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"An okay place to hang your hat"
It appears to be a rather old facility, however while we were there they were in the process of renovating the floor above us (this renovation did not affect our stay). The staff are there 24/7 and are more than willing to help and assist with your needs.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014