All hotels in Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States of America

Breakfast is average
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"Sleeping In!"
Our stay was quite satisfactory.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Nice hotel and non expensive. Down fall was water pressure in shower.
"Close to Miller Auditorium"
I came to town to attend a performance at Miller Auditorium. This hotel was close to restaurants so it made dining quick and easy before the concert. Coming back to the hotel in the dark was a straight shot from the parking lot. I would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Jane
"Hotel Stay"
I have stayed at this hotel before and I appreciate that it is clean and inviting.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2015
It wasn't the best. Looked run down and not well maintained. Might as well stayed at the red roof next door.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Good when you just need some peace and quiet"
Was a decent place for a quick getaway
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Hotel is convenient and clean"
Overall hotel was nice for the price. Nothing super fancy but clean, convenient, and pet friendly. My only complaint would be the teenager at the front desk wearing yoga pants who didn't have a clue what was going on - and the room next door to me that was smoking at 4am, fell off something while trying to cover the smoke detector and woke up the whole floor.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Great price! Hotel was clean. Had fire trucks arrive both nights.1st night somebody was grilling in there room. 2nd night somebody was burning a candle in there room... Room was clean but was very dissapointed when I went to bed @ 12;30 @ night to find out my bedsheets were not change found a dirty bandage and crumbs in my bed :(... I was to tired to complain after sking all day. Was close too Timberridge. Will propably stay there again when I come back sking. Hope I have clean sheets next time or I will look for a different hotel. Judy
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Would stay again."
The Hotel was what I paid for. It wasn't a 4 star hotel but it wasn't a one start either. It was minutes away for everything and it was clean.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Jamie
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
The staff was very friendly and approachable. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Mrs. Barnes
"Dirty"
Sheets and towels were dirty. Hair on sheets that was not my hair. Blood and other stains on sheets that were not from me. I did not even sleep inside the sheets. Luckily I had my own blanket that I slept on top of. Very disappointing. Towels had some brown flakes of some sort. Garbage on floor - gum wrappers and other plastic.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Monica
"Kzoo Baymont"
The room was without a working smoke detector and smelled. OFFICE STAFF WAS NOTIFIED THE NEXT DAY. Although it was clean, it definitely needed a little TLC. Breakfast was amazing and all employees were very nice!
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good trip"
The hotel did a good job of filling its purpose. It was a good hotel for the money and the free morning breakfast was a bonus. The room was comfortable and quiet and the Internet and TV service worked properly. I would consider this hotel in the future.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
"Very comfortable!"
This hotel is very comfortable. Nice beds and bedding for a reasonable price. Good breakfast, small amount of hot foods and a good blend of cold foods. Very satisfying for a great price. We will stay there again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Very pleased!"
Front desk very friendly. Room was clean, and much larger than we expected. The next time we're in the area, we will stay at this hotel!
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"my stay"
Had to switch rooms upon check in. My room wasn't clean. Had bottles sitting in the window. Elevator was out of order. Key card wouldn't open end door. Breakfast isn't kosker friendly. Breakfast employee was VERY rude. Didn't want to get extra youghert or fruit for us.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Sherri
"disappointed"
There was a leak in my ceiling and water was dripping. Woke me up out of my sleep.
Sharmedia
"my stay"
Room wasn't clean. Had to switch rooms upon check in. Elevator didn't work. End exit and entrance didn't work with key card. Breakfast wasn't kosher friendly. Breakfast worker was very rude.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Sherri
"would go there again."
Decent room but too close to the stairs. People made a lot of noise going up and down them. The elevator was out of order. Bisquits and gravy were great on the breakfast bar. They had a good selection of other things as well.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
Sorry you had a noisy stay with us! We have the elevator in working order! Hopefully the next time you're here it will be nice and quiet! :)
"Needs work!"
They need to do some maintenance. Outside doors were not working properly, elevator was broken. Vending machines were placed directly in front of the door to the stairwell which should have probably been considered a fire hazard. Looks like construction was in progress for the vending machine location but they were in the way. Key cards were not set up correct the first time so we had to go back to customer service and have her reprogram them. Response was, doors are tricky so you have to time it just right.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Nice for family stay. Enjoyed continental breakfast. Accommodating with roll-away bed when requested. Unfortunately, the elevator was not working, but we were on the second floor so that wasn't too bad. Also, old vending machines were stored too close to stairway during maintenance of vending area, concerned about fire safety. Overall a good stay.
"Nice room. Good value."
Friendly staff. Clean room. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
We stayed over after snowboarding at Bittersweet for the day. Staff was friendly.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Hot tub room"
Much better then expexted for the price. Stayed in the hot tub room and it was nice and big for being cheap. If i had to complain about something it would be that it was a bit tuff to see the tv from the tub.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Excellent customer service"
Staff was friendly and curteous. Expedia allowed us to book a room that was not available, but the Baymont had an early check out and spent the time to clean and prep the room to make it ready for us so we would not have to search for another hotel.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
The room was clean and comfortable. The snow had been cleared so there was plenty of parking. The breakfast was good with enough variety. Excellent value
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing Baymont inn and suites Kalamazoo west!
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Unsatisfied customer"
My room smelled like a dog and then management had nerve complained about my incent and accuse me of smoking. The laundry room was out of order!
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
I am sorry you had a disappointing stay. I'm confused about the Management response as I am the manager here and I don't recall any situation but I will look into it. We do have our guest laundry in working order now. We had an issue with our washer and we have since gotten it fixed. I hope you will give us another chance!
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Qiana
"Convenient access to area"
3 nights. Room was clean and appointments were a bit above average. Minor cosmetic improvements needed but did not impact the overall appearance or comfort of the room. One major concern was the lack of some sense of building or physical security. While access doors were equipped with electronic locks card readers, I found one entrance constantly propped open during evening hours to convenience someone. The hotel could do better by having some form of alert that a secure door is being left ajar for hours on end. Does not feel very secure for a building intented for paying customers who want privacy and security.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Road Warrior
"Yucky Water"
The room was fine, but I went to get a drink, and none of the vending machines were on. Thankfully, I had a water with me. In the morning I went to start coffee, and the water that came out of the sink was rust colored. I started the shower and let it run to warm up. When I got in- it was still freezing and it was turned all the way to hot. A cold shower was certainly a way to wake me up. I didn't even get to the breakfast because there weren't any seats available when I got down there at 7:45. Won't pick this hotel again if I'm in the area. You get what you pay for.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
I am sorry you found your stay with us was unsatisfactory. If you stayed when I'm thinking you did the rusty and the cold water came from having to shut the water off temporarily for a maintenance issue. I did try to call and warn people but I was unable to reach everyone. The vending machined on the 2nd and 3rd floor are not in use being that we are remodeling our vending areas. We do have fully stocked vending machines on our fist floor. I apologize this was never communicated to you! I hope you will give us another try to prove that is a rare occurrence. Thank you for letting us know how your stay was so we can improve our establishment for our future guest!
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Maria
"Small hotel, but was fine for an overnight stay."
Room was clean and comfortable, but small. We stayed just overnight and it was fine. A little noisy in the morning, and no hot water for a shower. However, I would stay here again for just an overnight thing. We got in late and left early and it worked fine for us.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Expected More for Our Money"
Our toilet was plugged with someone else's waste, and wouldn't flush even after we fixed the problem. We had to move to another room and weren't compensated for the trouble. Vending machines on our floor were out of order and torn up. Night desk person was not concerned at all when we reported that the young couple coming in and out of the elevator were leaving the strong smell of marijuana in the elevator behind them.
"pleasure stay"
Enjoyed our short stay. Staff friendly . The breakfast choices impressive and we'll attended by staff. We will stay here again.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
Thank you for choosing Baymont Kalamazoo West for your visit to Kalamazoo. We look forward to providing the same great service in the future!!
TERESA
Great experience. Breakfast was good. Room was clean.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to let us know! We look forward to seeing you again!!
Joel
"WMU visit"
Good value for the price Convenient to WMU
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!!
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"So so place to stay"
Definitely a no frills hotel. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The parking lot needed to be salted, it was black ice. The only time someone was available at the front desk without delay and having to say excuse me loud enough for them to hear from the back room was at check in. With that being said, it was ok. It was cleanish, the coffee was good and the breakfast was your typical continental breakfast, hot and cold choices. Ok for a one night stay.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was! I will look into the issues you listed. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Kalamazoo Michigan"
Stay was good. Check in time was different than check in time at the hotel. Breakfast was ok. Not much of a selection. Turkey sausage or turkey bacon would be a great idea. Other Than that it was a great stay. Amenities were great. Price was even greater. I highly recommend it to those who are looking for just a peaceful getaway in Kalamazoo Michigan.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
sherri
"not clean"
Room was not clean. Sheets had stains. Carpet not vacuumed.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
"Staff very nice"
Staff very nice,helped me fax my documents,room clean,check out easy,
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
June
"good"
Wonderful for a night get away
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"decent"
Stay was good. Breakfast a little disappointing due to lack of items available. There was no milk in containers nor any biscuits for biscuits and gravy, etc. The parking lot was also a mess with the snow, was hard to get out of driveway.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
We thought the room was very clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. I recommend this place a will be back.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Okay but needs updating"
Hotel needs some serious updating. Stayed in a Baymont in Battle Creek and it was so much better.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Bryan
"Liveable"
The door to the bathroom was broken and had been badly damaged. They were in the middle of repairs so there was only one ice machine on the third floor. Staff was nice and helpful. It was also nice to have a working microwave and refrigerator in the room.
2 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Kayla
"Kzoo hotel OK for us"
We stayed to be near a family member who was in the hospital. Did not get to take advantage of breakfast. Room was suitable for our needs. Booked this hotel due to comments of previous guests. It wasn't the closest to the hospital but it was the most affordable within a reasonable distance.
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
"practical yet comfortable"
Good place to stay warm cookies was a nice touch
2 night business trip Dec 31, 2014
"A Ok..."
My over all stay was great. The bathroom could use a little more of an up date, but all in all no major issues. My room was even next to the laundry room and I didn't have any problems. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
TAYLOR
"Great for the night"
Great place to stay while we went out on New Year's Eve. Room had lots of space and the bed was comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great Family stay for Great Price"
We have family in the area and decided to stay in a hotel instead of with them. Our room, although a bit dated, was incredibly comfortable. (We stayed in a different hotel in the area last time that was about the same price and rated higher, it was HORRIBLE, this hotel was 4X as good for the same money!!!) The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. We will be back and recommend for other families looking for an affordable, comfortable place, with quick access to the highway, the university and downtown.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great fit for us."
Stayed for 2 nights while visiting family. Within 10 minutes of their home. Nice and safe-looking neighborhood. We went to Boyne City and on the trip back stayed at a different Baymont Inn to see if it was as nice as this one; it was. Would stay at either one again. Both very reasonably priced.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Kalamazoo.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
diane
"Leaky pipe"
Ok, but the pipe/drain leaked on the floor under the sink and the toilet was very noisy.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014