All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America
1711 Cleveland Rd, Sandusky, OH, 44870-4305, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

2.8
    2.9
"Ok"
Pool was dirty outside looked junky and there was hair all in the shower and on the comforter
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Clean and comfortable; close to the park"
This hotel was great for what we needed. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast bar was decent and hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't try the pool since we got in late and left early for the park. Very close to Cedar Point park which was great.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Sue
"Get your valuables stolen"
We were visiting Cedar Point, and I left my solar timex watch behind that my wife gave me as a gift. I love that watch and it meant the world to me. It was taken from the room while we were gone. I should have left the don't disturb hanger on the door. The front office didn't have anything turned in. I really shouldn't have left a tip.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Cedar point overnight"
Served its purpose, room was great. Have good pillows. Very close to cedar point and affordable.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Pat
"Comfy, cozy, clean"
My husband and I stayed here last Saturday night and were pleasantly surprised but how clean and nice try hotel was. I didn't expect much being so close to Cedar Point but the room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable! We both slept great! I'd stay here again. Yummy breakfast too!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Rebecca
"Bad part of town"
Close to CP however the location seems very unsafe. Hated that our room was nearly in someone's backyard
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to Cedar Point"
Room was clean and had no odor. Bed was a little soft. My only complaint would be the bathroom is very small. Breakfast was good
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Check in was easy as was check out. Room was prepared. Nice and close to Cedar Point.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
as far as hotel it's close to Cedar Point and you can lay your head down without a long drive
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Allen Stewart
"Dirty Sanitary Napkin in our trash can up"
Upon check-in, we found a used, bloody sanitary napkin in our trash can. The room itself was not dirty, so this was an anomaly. However it got there was beyond me but nonetheless VERY disturbing!! The manager did give us 50% off the room but that is a hard thing to get over!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"All the hotels in this area look like 1980's style"
Not sure there is a good hotel in this area that did not look like they are from the 80's. Hotel was clean but it had the door open to the outside like all the others.
"Just Okay"
You can tell the room had new furnishings/beds but still needs work. Bathroom is small, dated and falling apart (peeling walls/cracks...just old). But for a Cedar Point trip it did the job. Breakfast... not so hot and could use improvement.
Butch
"Baymont Inn in Sandusky, Ohio"
I've stayed in Baymonts before and this was a disappointment. This hotel seems to have been owned by a different chain and the Baymont bought it. Some of the furnishings were new and some not so new. The mattress was soft and saggy. The whole room was damp and musty smelling making our clothes that were hanging up damp also.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Worst hotel stay ever."
The room and the hotel in general was very dirty. Our room had an aroma that smelled of bleach covered mildew. The TV didn't work and when I informed the front desk they said they would look at it but never came to fix it. The toilet would only flush once every hour or so and there was mold on the back of the bathroom door. I stayed there only one night because I had no other choice, but checked out the next morning and went down the road to the Breeze Express and it was $10 more a night, but a light year nicer than this dump.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Comfortable Beds"
Location is great if you are going to Cedar Point. Rooms were nice.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Rasico
"Cedar point Vacay"
Clean room, friendly staff, breakfast could have been better very basic
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Cedar Point made easy & affordable"
Hotel was fine for overnight stay (or 2). Rooms have recently been updated and were comfortable. Wi-Fi worked well. Hotel extremely close to Cedar Point and was easy to find. Would stay here again. Nothing fancy, but the price was right and the place was clean. Friendly staff too.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014
RonH
"Disgusting; we did not stay; dirty"
This dump should be removed from the Hotels.com list.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Everything was fine except pool was dirty
1 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2014
Lisa Mally
"They call that breakfast?We went to Mcdonalds. nuf"
We stayed 2 nights. the remote for TV had dead batteries. Oh,we were told to go to 211and the cards wouldn't wor. we found rom cleaning and they wain
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
It was perfect for the price paid for it. A good place to stay after spending a day at cedar point.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Got what I paid for."
I was only staying here with a buddy to go to Cedar Point the next day. I wasn't looking for much and didn't get much. The room was dusty, the one bed wasn't finished being made and our door was actually open when we arrived. Nothing to complain to management about but not a great experience. The 2 people behind the desk were nice and the breakfast was pretty good.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Not worth the $140 per night average."
Even though the room was average at best, I would stay there again, just not at the $140 per night average, maybe $90?. Other hotels that look less inviting were the same quality, but at a lower price. We were there for Ohio Bike Week and did not need the pool. If I were a family going to Cedar Point and wanted the pool, look out. It was just filled, had leaves and grass floating on top and the only ones happy were the ducks in the pool.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Dennis
"fix it"
This was our second stay. The first was pretty pleasing. Our most recent wasn't that great. We had no TV remote. The TV color quality was terrible like someone took magnets to the sides, the shower head was broke along with the very slippery bath tub. Its nech breaking.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
cody
"Awful"
This "hotel" is actually a motel. The rooms look nothing like the ones in the picture. We didn't even have a shower curtain!!! The location is convenient to Cedar Point, but don't expect much from the rooms.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
It was ok, the rooms were clean but the bathroom was very old looking
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
""Is this what meth smells like?""
This is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. In fact it's not even a hotel, it's a motel. I have stayed in many comfort inns for business travel over the years, and I can't believe they allow their name to be affiliated with this disgraceful place that looked more like a motel 6. When we walked in there was this terribly offensive burning, chemical smell. My friend asked if anyone knew what meth smelled like, because we were pretty sure someone was cooking up a batch in there right before we arrived. There were weird stains on the floor that looked like blood, and our friends didn't even have a shower curtain in their room! I felt filthy when I left that place, and was tempted to burn all of my clothes and shave my head. Needless to say we will NEVER stay here again.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Michele
Hated to mark the room down as it was really nice with very comfortable beds but the connecting door needs some sound proofing. Unfortunately we were next to a very loud family... as we were going to sleep, at 3a, and from 6:30a until 9:45a.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2013
"Our room was filthy and smelled horrible."
This hotel was bad. To make up for the terrible conditions, the manager did refund 30% of our cost.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Lana
"Cedar Point Only"
Wouldn't stay here unless it was an overnight place to crash for Cedar Point. The location is great. It's literally down the road from Cedar Point. The service was friendly. The hotel doors lead directly to the outside, so it has more of a motel vibe. It's pretty run down. We found a couple spiders in the room and everything felt dated. The bathroom felt sterile, but dirty on the floors. The breakfast service was decent. Not the best food, but certainly cheaper than anything you could buy at Cedar Point, so we filled up.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Ok if not spending lots of time there"
Hotel was run down but pretty clean. Breakfast was good. Cheap prices.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
jen
"Don't Stay Here!"
This hotel has only outside access doors, and the safety latch was broken. The window also did not lock securely. The parking lot is not well-lighted. Overall, I was not at all comfortable from the safety/security aspect of the hotel. The room smelled very musty - like the carpet, draperies, bedspreads, etc. had not been cleaned in quite some time. The beds were not comfortable and "crunched" when you moved on them. There was constant noise outside in the parking lot until past 3:30 a.m. A large group of young men - obviously intoxicated - were shouting and threatening one another. The hotel staff did nothing to handle the situation. As a side note, the hotel claims it is "walking distance" from the TGI Fridays restaurant. While the distance may have been manageable, a portion of the distance did not have sidewalks. It's a very busy road. Not safe for walking without sidewalks.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Served the purpose just fine."
We were actually only there for just a bit. We left Cedar Point when they closed at midnight and left after sleeping for a few hours. Room was pretty clean and bed was comfy. No complaints.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Scottie
"Hotel was convently located."
This was an average hotel for you and kids, nothing special!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"not up to standards"
hotel has issues with flying bugs.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
js1963
"Not worth the price"
Cleanliness wasn't where it shoud have been; there was a finger nail on the floor in the middle of the room, hairs all over the bathroom, and stains on the walls. Paying as much as I did for a night, you should get better than that. On the plus side, I thought the beds and pillows were comfortable, and the proximity to Cedar Point was a plus.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
Our hotel room door looked as though it had been kicked in at one point. The walls in the bathroom area were all cracked and peeling. It was definitely not as clean as I expected.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Alley
Good location for Cedar Point.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Eh hotel but close to Cedar Point"
The employees were very nice and the room was ok. The pool looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a few days, but we swam in it anyways. The beds were pretty comfortable and there were 4 pillows on each bed (love that), Breakfast was generic and nothing special. However, the most important part of our trip was proximity to Cedar Point. This hotel is within 5 minutes of the entrance. There are tons of hotels in that area, and we probably could have gotten the same stuff at a cheaper hotel.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
"Unsatisfied Customer"
Checked the beds and found a large round yellow stain on one bed & a towel was haphazardly placed on the bathroom counter like it was just tossed, instead of hanging or folded neatly. Was given another room.. We went in & looked like the room was occupied. There were 2 liter bottles of sodas on the bathroom counter, game controllers on a table and a beach ball on the floor. So for the 2nd time on the same night (we checked in around 9ish pm after driving 4 hours), we were given very unsatisfactory rooms. The front desk had to personally go to a third room to check it out before she gave us keys. So next day we went to Cedar Point and stayed until it closed. Went back to hotel room around 1 AM. The room was halfway cleaned. We had two full size beds.. One was made up, sheets, pillows and comforter all smooth out.. The other bed was totally not even made up, the sheets and comforter were all over the place, not even pulled up and the pillows were all over the bed. Its understandable if they got busy & didn't have the time to clean our room, but to clean it halfway is incomprehensible. I mean what hotel business cleans a room halfway or not clean it at all. I did not even tell staff to NOT clean our room. So yes, we were not satisfied in any way. We were not discounted or given a free night or compensated for the bad experience we got.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Maria
"Great overnight stay for cedar pointpoint"
Clean and only 5 min drive to Cedar Point. Nice place to stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Overpriced"
This hotel wouldn't be so bad if it was only $50 a night, but for $109 it's insane. There is nobody to clean your room and its not in very good condition. It's nice being close to Cedar Point though.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2013
"Did the job!"
Simple and clean facility. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location...very convenient to Cedar Point and economical.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Served its purpose."
Overnight stay between amusement parks. Overpriced, but everything in the area is. Clean. Close to parks. Served its purpose.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
"Nice hotel close to Cedar Point"
I booked this hotel for my visit to Cedar Point. The room served its purpose of having a clean place to sleep and shower. The room and lobby were clean and tidy, but the common stairwells/hallways were a bit filthy. I was pleased with my stay and would stay here again when coming to Sandusky to go to Cedar Point.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Not very clean hair in restrooms"
Messed up are room was supposed to have a king bed and ended up with two twin and the restroom was very dirty toilet didn't flush unless you held the handle down
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Adequate Lodging"
This hotel was adequate and that was all we needed. It was comfortable and quiet and had a breakfast. My travel companions did not care for the breakfast, especially the coffee. It was the usual complimentary breakfast. I had cold cereal and tea and it was fine for me. It is very close to Cedar Point - a big plus.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Good place to stay"
Decent hotel with a great breakfast. Nothing too fancy, but we weren't staying at the hotel much and it was a good deal for the price. Night manager was very helpful when we encountered a problem with one of your keys. Breakfast was great and they kept it fully stocked.
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
The only good thing that I can say about this place is that it was less than 5 minutes from Cedar Point. Aside from that, well you get the point. If my kids want to return to Cedar Point I will definitely choose a different place.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
anthony
Check in was a breeze! The front desk was really nice and gave us a great recommendation for the restaurant adjacent. Nachos is delicious! Will stay again for our Cedar Point trips!
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2013