All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America

Bad breakfast
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad pool
It was a dirty, disgusting hotel. We were there 45 minutes frantically looking for another place to stay. Webs with bugs on the ceiling, and the baseboard heater. We left and drove over an hour away to a much nicer place.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Cedar Point trip"
This is an old hotel that has been given a superficial facelift. But it still somehow feels old. While the room was mostly clean, our bathroom had mold in the floor tile and on the shower curtain. Our room and the narrow walkway to the room overlooked a barbed wire fenced in area with garbage dumpsters. The long lines at breakfast, the mediocre array of breakfast foods and the warm breakfast room were disappointing.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Not a clean place to stay"
hotel staff was friendly and helpful but the room was in poor shape, bathroom floor was dirty and whole room smelled bad. There was a missing ceiling tile with wires exposed.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Gross"
Booked this hotel for a long weekend July 2nd. Called ahead of time to let them know we would be checking in late. We arrived at 11:45 pm. When we got to the room, we immediately started searching other hotel availability. The room was dirty. The pillows on one of the beds looked used, there were webs with bugs on the ceiling, and the baseboard heater. Smashed dead bugs on the back of the door. A sticker from a pair of shorts stuck on the door frame of the bathroom, and pulling back the mattress revealed hair, and a stained dust ruffle. Just a gross hotel/room. Not at all what the pictures showed. We couldn't find availability in a near by hotel so we drove just over an hour to Bowling Green and stayed in a very nice hotel for close to the same price. When we went down to get our money back and check out the attendant said she wouldn't stay there either.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"Close to theme park i was visiting"
Front desk clerk was very nice. Room was sufficient for the overnight stay we had. Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. The one negative thing i would say is that the towels had hair all over them. Overall, the accommodations were acceptable.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Robyn
"Good place for stay"
Nice n confortable for the price.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Norilda
"Don't stay here"
Worst hotel ever. Not the Baymont Inn & Suites that I have known in the past. Checked out 5 minutes after checking in. Room was dirty. Bugs dead and alive everywhere. Mold and cobwebs. Very disappointed in Baymont. Never again.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Christine
"Not the place you want to stay"
Despite the staff telling you that the hotel is near the water, therefore the bugs are everywhere, it doesn't negate for the spiderwebs lining the walls, curtains and ceilings, that's just plain nasty and shows a lack of cleanliness. And how did I know this? Housekeeping failed to clean my room at all out of the two nights I stayed there. But let's not forget the bugs everywhere from the dirty carpet to the bug smears on the walls. The rooms were dingy and low lighting and simply not kept up very well. Perhaps it was just my room you say? I switched rooms twice! upon my third room, I just said forget it, I'll deal with the lesser of the bugs in this room. And overall with the low lighting, low water pressure, broken ice machines, paper thin walls so you can hear the vending machines on the other side, streaks of light coming in from under and on the sides of the door at night...you simply don't feel very safe in this hotel. I wouldn't recommend it. However the staff was nice and understanding of what they had to deal with.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Do NOT recommend!"
They gave my room away. The first room they gave me had no electricity. The second room TV didn't work and the drain was so slow that by the time I was finished with my shower the tub filled up past by ankles!
1 night trip Jul 1, 2015
"One night stay"
We stayed the night here after Cedar Point; it's just right down the road from the CP causeway which was very convenient. We checked in and the evening front desk attendant was awesome! Our room wasn't bad (I could see where improvements were made) but they still had a long way to go with updating. There were some stains/smudges on the walls, and some peeling paint... It wasn't terrible for just a one night stay, but I think it was a little pricy for the room quality.
1 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
"Do not recommend"
The room smelled bad and there were bugs everywhere. I will not be returning.
2 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2015
"Coming back"
The room was rather dated but had no complaint at all here. It was very clean, bed was very comfortable, and the young lady at the front desk was pleasant, friendly, & helpful. Will stay here again for Cedar Point visits! WAS NOT OVER PRICED!
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Brad
Good enough to sleep at. Easy access to both our destinations.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Mold and smells"
Our first room had mold on the baseboards and asked to move to another to another room. The seconds room had a melded smell and not clean. Housekeeping did not clean our room on the 3rd day. Overall now a good experience at all. I will never stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Donald
"terrible"
tv did not work at all I had two rooms and both had a slight odor bathroom fan did not work properly rug dirty my white socks were black just walking around room tile floor slippery very disappointing for the money and it was not in a nice neighbor
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
attendant did not welcome us, just started about how tired she was and her kids and other home issue, although nice, checking in took longer due to that. Room was horrible, bugs all over, huge spider webs with spiders, dust, beds dirty, whole in ceiling, MOLD in bath, BAD! MAybe a 20$ room, I would rather my family and I sleep outside
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
First room was not made. Motel as a whole could be cleaner.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"nasty"
We had bed bugs..my friend went to sleep and woke up with bedbug bites it was so nasty the room look real nice don't let it fool you
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Katrinca
"No working pool"
Only criteria was a pool. Motel did not have pool, just drained, dirt filled hole in ground.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"False advertising"
Our only requirement was a pool. Motel had a drained, dirt, trashed filled hole in the ground.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Wayyyy off the beaten path. Away from everything."
Hotel is far away from everything! Advertised pool. Pool drained and filled with dirt and trash. Their excuse was the weather. Memorial Day weekend. 74 Saturday and 84 Sunday. Breakfast consisted of stale muffins. Dangerous-looking area. Staff was nice. Will not return.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Awesome"
It was overall a good experience! Restaurants are close by, the room was super clean and comfortable, and hotel staff are very friendly. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area who doesn't want to pay a ton.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Chloe
"don't stay"
Never again hot water didn't even work
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Catherine
"This hotel did not open only 3 rev"
but we got an up grade to sister hotel it was nice it had a indoor pool and out side pool wen we booked with Baymont from you baymont put a hold on card and we have to wate two weeks later to get it back we paid with cash
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Terrible"
Terrible. Simple as that
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"a Diamond in the rough"
It doesn't look like too much from the outside, but it is actually a really nice hotel. The room looks exactly like the pictures online. It was quiet, convenient, and 1 block from Cedar point causeway. Beds were comfy, room spacious. Has had some major refurbishing. It didn't even smell musty like the others I have stayed at on the strip. Yes, they take advantage of the fact that cedar point is right there with the prices they charge just like all of the other hotels do in the area. But at least they have made a true effort on representing the Baymont name. Now just need fix the one wall that had some serious paint peeling and it will be perfect. No complaints here. I highly recommend this venue. During the summer months you will pay more just because it is in season, but know this you be staying in a place that is well taken care of, clean, quiet, fresh, and convenience. As for bug build up in the summer months it just comes with the area... Always has, always will. However, I am very confident in this place and look forward to next year.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
mom loves value
This room is really gross!!! I was staying there for cedar point, for hallow weekends. I had tickets for the park at 6pm only reason we stayed so long. It is apparent that they don't really care. We went home after cedar point. I thought for the price I would at least get a clean room. The room smelled musty. The pillow cases were used, with hair on them, not to mention they are half size pillows. The blanket was like something you would hang in the window. There were cobwebs on the lamps. The carpet was not vacuumed. The heater on the floor had like one inch of dust on it. There was a cup mark on the nightstand and a hand print on the headboard. I felt dirt when I left the hotel!!! I used the restroom. There was hair on the toilet and balled up tissue under the sink. And a dirty mirror from someone who didn't know how to brush their teeth. And toothpaste on the facet itself. Very disappointed. I will never stay in that nasty hotel ever again. They should be ashamed. I feel robbed and taken advantage of. I'm over it!!! Waste of money.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Very impressed when we walked in the door. Modern.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Location great but not that clean and musty smell."
The location was great. The beds were very comfortable, but the bathroom was not very clean. There was also a musty smell in the room. A little outdated also. The continental breakfast bar was good.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Jules
The room was very nice and the staff was very friendly however the room I stayed in had bugs everywhere dead and alive. And they were fairly large such as ants and Mosquitos. Other than the bugs it was was a good stay.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Kaye
"Good Hotel for the Money"
Me and some friends stayed here while going to the fright nights at Cedar Point. The hotel was clean, had a nice staff, and our room had been recently updated along with the rest of the room, some being in the process. The one downfall was the free breakfast, we glanced at it and then left to go to the nearby McDonalds. They had a small selection and I wouldn't call it a "hot" breakfast. Just a small selection of bagels and cheerios was about it. All in all reasonable for the $80 dollars I had to pay.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Justin
"Only one night"
The room furniture was new. However, the a/c was old and very noisy! The door did not seal the light out. You could literally see through the edge of the door. It was a great location for Cedar Point and the price was good. I would not have stayed there more than one night though.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Lee
"Would Stay Again"
Although it didn't look real fancy on the outside, the room was pleasant. It was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The location was nice. A really good Mexican restaurant was right next door, and it was about 5 minutes from Cedar Point. I would recommend this hotel for others and I would even stay there again.
Chelsea
The rates were reasonable and the location to Cedar Point made it worth it.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
We were on a 10 day road trip and this was the worst motel that we stayed at! The first room was dirty so they gave us a different room and the place was very run down. We were told that they were going to be only opened on weekends because the busy season was over, this was right around Labor Day weekend, they need to freshen up the room if no one has been in it for a week, not happy at all with the room!
Barb
"Very close to cedar point."
5 mins away from cedar point. Close to restaurants and gas station. Very convenient.
"No Worries"
No worries at this hotel. The exterior may concern at first, but the rooms were clean and service was excellent. Only five minutes from Cedar Point, the location is far more important than other amenities.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Stay at your own risk"
We went to Cedar Point Labor Day weekend and as you would expect the rates jump astronomically for a $29 type room with no fridge and red roof type accommodations. The morning breakfast is worse than what inmates get and there's no service whatsoever. The cleaners look like they are inmates. This is the first Baymont I've stayed at which was old, dank and decrepit. If Cedar Point wasn't there the building would have been leveled by now as the neighborhood is full of Blight. If you have kids and want to feel safe stay at the hotel Breakers instead. Rooms are a little better but at least you're on the beach. And not worried about being mugged. The facility is disgusting.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Spanky
"Decent Room. Horrible Service"
The rooms where nice and the location, in relationship to the park was great. The service though was horrible.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Filthy hotel room"
Cobwebs in the room, toilet did not work, the lock on the door was broken and the list continued to grow. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Disappointed Parent
"Cigarettes in the Toilet"
This was the most disgusting lack of service by the staff I have every experienced. There were cob webs that had weeks of grow. There were piles of bugs around the walls, windows and under the bathroom counter. Pure filth in every corner. There was a half smoked cigarette in the bathroom. Multiple guest complained that the HVAC units int their rooms were not working correctly and asked for this to be addressed. I sat in the lobby for two hours and watched the front desk take complaints and do absolutely nothing to call for service. The doors and hardware are in extremely poor condition and do not function correctly. I would never stay here again and would not have stayed here except it was prepaid. Fire the staff and hire a manager. Put some money back into the property to keep it up!
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
D. Cook
"Waste of money"
The room smelled and there spideres. Enough said why must I go on being negative. The place is old just bring down your prices. I really don't believe this will be accepted. I'm sure I have said enough.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
fred
"Cedar point stay"
The INN was clean and in a great location for Cedar Point. Wish there would have been a mini fridge and microwave because we brought food for the trip. There were a lot of spiders right outside of the room and two huge praying mantises on the door that prevented us from entering for 20 minutes. Overall it was an okay place to stay.
2 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Regrettable."
Place was filthy, spider in every corner. The pool area was disgusting. The room stunk like old carpet.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
fred
Sadly this hotel was not at all what was expected. There was mold in the bathroom, we saw multiplie spiders, and the room smelled musky. There were no towels in the room. The telephone in the room did not work. The desk attendant was very friendly. When I had to walk to the front to ask for towels she apologized and offered to try to fix the telephone.
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2014
"horrible experience"
The room we were in smelled musty and dirty and the a.c. did not work so we called the font desk and a tattoo wearing, smoke smelling person greeted us and said well I got you All another room,so when I went to look at the new room,the beds were not made and the room reeked from marijuana and Lysol. The attendants comment was yeah I know it smells like dope that's why I sprayed it with Lysol!!! The bathroom was so gross we had to wear our flip flops in the shower!! Needless to say we will never go back
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
Stefanie
good place to spend the night - overall a good experience
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Pictures are not quite accurate.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
"Really Random"
It was very clean and cheap. I was amazed. It was very close to Cedar Point (thats why we stayed) It was also very modernized and only 2 complaints; I had to go down to the lobby for towels because when we got there, only 1 towel was in the bathroom and the outside balcony had a strong smell of weed but there were famous musicians staying there on their off day of tour and i figured it was just them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Did not stay"
Rooms was not clean. Did not feel safe in the room. The door had light that came through because it did not have a good seal around it. Too small of rooms. Not cleaned well at all! This was near cedar point .
Other trip Aug 21, 2014