All hotels in Wall Township, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1916 Highway 35, Wall Township, NJ, 07719, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.1
    2.7
    2.1
    1.9
"Ever watch Bates Motel?"
Disgusting and creepy
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
Arielle
The service was great. The room not so much, the tv and mini-fridge were old and not in working condition. They had people living in the room next to ours and their baby cried all night. Good for a night if you can't find anything better other than that I'd skip it.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Pam M.
"Close to the beach"
Dirty pool, had a carrot and a bag inside. The beds had pieces of 4by 2's coming off the sides like they were handmade, one pricked my foot since it had a nail. The bedding was old, the table was wobbly, wifi didn't work, breakfast was cheap(no wonder it was free), tv was old and no channels, and to top it the key card did not work.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
denisseg88
"Worst hotel I've ever stayed at."
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. It was awful. I don't even know how this hotel stays in business.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
""ok" for a cheap place to sleep at the shore"
VERY tired décor, sheets & pillow cases were clean, spread & blanket old / stained, no bugs, pool was very clean, beds were ok for comfort, fridge was clean & worked, our non smoking room (#148) had no odors. The positives, the building exterior was just painted & an entire new roof put on, so they are putting money into the place, just hasn't made to all the rooms yet. For the price (booked in advance) you can't beat it. It's only nine minutes drive to Ocean Grove, but the closest beach (Belmar) is only 3-4 minutes. We used to stay in Point Pleasant in a resort on the beach for over $210, now it's $350 a night, no way is it worth that, I'd rather come here and have all that extra money to extend my stay or live it up more while here. We plan on returning next summer. **If you are a primadonna ,a super clean freak, Champagne expectations with a beer budget you wont be happy here. Good for families on a tight budget who just need a place to sleep, shower & change.
4 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
We only stayed for 1 night, and found it odd that the clerk made a photo copy of my license and credit card. I asked the clerk why they need to do this his reply is that we keep it on file. Looking at the license is fine, but what could they be doing by keeping my license on file????
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Terrible Hotel with Uncaring Staff"
Stayed three days--absolutely awful. On Day 1, check in day, we went to our room. There was red blotches all over the connecting door, the wall and the lampshade--looked like blood (was later told it was wax)--asked for another room. Moved to second room. Extremely dirty around refrigerator area, corner areas, etc. Continental breakfast in the morning consisted of a handful of cornflakes, brown bananas, and bread for toast. When I commented to the man behind the desk that the dispenser for raisin bran was empty, did he have anymore, he told me to eat cornflakes. One small thermos of warm orange juice and mud coffee was also available. After returning from a 7 hour tour in Washington DC, came back to an uncleaned room (5:00pm in afternoon). Contacted front desk and was informed that I was out of luck because maid was gone for the day. Demanded "cleaned" room. "Clean" room had mold on bathroom ceiling, filfth around refrigerator and doors--still no raisin bran--took photographs in last room. Every time I talked to man at front desk, he appeared to be nonchalant about any problems--attitude was that I should contact Expedia. I have a problem that Expedia would even post this hotel as a viable place to stay--plan to send letters to them as well as to Travelodge's Corporate Headquarters---horrible experience!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Dr. Debbie
"Horrible"
Got sick, terrible smell, phone didnt work to call front desk when needed, towels werent clean, very dusty and sticky. Would not recommend staying here.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Switched room 3tines rooms weren't made up dirty"
Horrible experience and done using expedia if this is what you sponsor very gross
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
cindy
"Very poor maintenance"
Very poor maintenance and rooms smells really BAD, WE HAVE TO BUY SHEETS AND BLANKETS, CAUSE THE WERE NOT IN GOOD SHAPE. I don't recommend this place and also people smoke in the rooms, I was really very up set to get this place.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Omares
Stayed about 20 minutes and left. I don't know how this place stays open.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"PLACE IN NEED OF MAJOR RENOVATION"
Pros: cheap place around Spring Lake Cons: room in need of a major renovation. Bed sheets need to be replaced...not sure if they are old or they are dirty; continental breakfast- worst coffee ever; drive one mile and find several coffee shops; we did not attempt to touch the breakfast because of the dirtiness by the lobby; should not serve any food in that area.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Anca
"just not there"
We were not there off and about to the beach. But no one bothered us. Yes it was cramped but we were never there hardly. Could use stronger air conditioners. Again we just were not there. I would book again if had too.
4 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
gina nicholson
"Do not recommend this place!"
Don't stay here! There's kids living in some of the rooms that work there and like to go into people's rooms when there not there and steal things and go through your things!! The rooms were dirty and the carpets were disgusting.
4 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Black gunk coming out of faucet. Dirty towels. Broken sink handle. People on welfare living there walking around at all times of night making it very uncomfortable. You get what you pay for.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
a
"Best of the Beach's Lacrosse Tournament"
The staff was extremely friendly. They even let us check in early because we arrived early to avoid traffic on Parkway. Continental Breakfast was perfect since our Sunday game was at 8 am. just would be nice to have coffee cups a little bigger than 6 oz, then again it was free, The rooms just need a good cleaning, the towels were tinge of yellow. and they need to have a curfew on what time to quiet down, I had to call lobby at 1:30 am to have the room next door to stop fighting and shut up. we had to be up at 6:30 am. There were few guests sitting outside their rooms with beach chairs and cooler's drinking. It's a shame because it could be a great place to stay, for a week or weekend at beach if they cleaned up the guests. We are a moderate income family and can't afford the $200 hotels and grew up camping.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
jacqui
"The worst "hotel" I have ever been to"
The atmosphere of the travelodge a first seemed very homey - however, others staying there were rowdy and inapprorpriate. Everything looks as if it were from a century ago. The walls are tattered and the paint is chipped. It's dusty and looks very dirty (and is). The nonsmoking room smells like a smoking room. The staff is sleepy and incompetent. Worst of all I found a bug in the shower. Walking into the room just makes you itch.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Most Terrible Experience of My Life"
Room was shabby, floor had soft spots under the carpet we literally thought we were going through. Wallpaper peeling off the walls. A large majority of the rooms were being lived in by local unfortunates. 2pm on Saturday they were having a drunken brawl in the parking lot and the police were called. Men staggering drunk by the pool, smoking cigars and swearing when I was there with my grandchildren. Had a reservation for another night (Saturday) but we booked a room with another hotel and got out of there. We didn't feel safe.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
nancy
"I wouldn't recommend"
The staff was extremely helpful and got me an early check in. However, the room was not clean. I don't mean the maids didn't do a good job , but the carpet has never been redone, same curtains since it opened, same bed spread.... So it's not really the maids fault it's just its impossible to keep something clean after 100 years if use. The people staying/living there were also a reason to stay away. I was on my way to a wedding and the "group" next to us said something wise to my girlfriend and I didn't want to go to jail so I just let it be as the taxi drove us off. But after the wedding I actually gave the keys in and drive home rather than staying overnight.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Sean
"Rundown rooms"
When walking into the room, one could immediately tell the upkeep was not what it should have been.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Don't even consider it for a minute."
Room: stank of stale cigarette smoke, filthy comforter, non functioning air conditioner, running toilet, missing light bulbs,candle wax all over wall and lamp, hair in bath tub, ancient dark carpet which most likely disguised a multitude of sins. Staff: 2 of the Travelodge employees got into a drunken screaming profanity laden brawl outside our room at 3:15 am, not good under any circumstances, especially when you have 3 kids in the room with you. Good things: Hotel clerk Dana, and the pool which we did not stick around to use, conveniently located to shopping.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Travel Mom
"Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from this place"
When we opened the door to our motel room we were greeted with the disgusting stench of stale smoke, not surprising since I had just seen the man cleaning the rooms wheel his cleaning supply cart into the room next door with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. It got worse from there. The burgundy carpet, probably hiding a multitude of sensory offending sins, was at least 30 years old, it showed and smelled even worse. The comforter was filthy and would have lit up like the 4th of July under a UV light, air conditioner did not work, light bulbs were missing, and for decoration there was red candle wax splattered over the wall, carpet, and one of the lamps. I will say that the bathroom looked updated, that being said I was not happy about the hair in the tub nor the incessantly running toilet. Now the BEST part, we were woken up at 315 am by 2 motel employees screaming obscenities in a drunken brawl outside our room. One nice thing I have to say: The pool is new and looks very inviting although it would be best to visit a friend's instead.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great for the price !"
Room was clean . Was great for the price. Good location to Belmar and spring lake !
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Awful"
Tried 4 rooms. 2 already occupied, 1 with water everywhere, 1 non-smoking room stunk of smoke. gave up
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Pretty good!"
This room was about what I expected. It was not the cleanest or in the best condition, but overall my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. The staff is very nice, and the motel is in a great area, very safe and close to restaurants and supermarkets. I would stay here again!
3 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
"Before you stay here, sleep in your car"
Generic cheap motel. Our non-smoking room wreaked of smoke and incense when we got there and there were stains on the carpet and sheets and cigarette holes in the pillow cases. There's a reason it's only $50 a night. I felt like John Cusack showing up at the hotel in Identity. And to top it off, I booked and payed for my room online and then the place double charged me so I had to complain and it took them over a week to fix it.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"SAFE--CLEAN--ECONOMICAL"
very satisfied
2 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
bob anthony
"cheap place to stay while in town for business"
this is not the Borgata, I don't understand all the remarks, you get what you pay for. I didn't want to spend a lot on a motel so I stayed here. it had heat, the room was clean, yes it could use a remodel but do you think the price would be what it is now??
3 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
Guy
"Is what it is"
Overall, not bad. For the rate, I did not expect mints on my pillow. The manager did good at keeping the snow plowed out of parking areas. Maid service was not everyday, but good when she came.
12 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
"Paid what it's worth"
It was an okay hotel for what I paid for it. The room's fridge didn't work, and the closet door was broken and leaning on the wall. I must say, though, the room was clean, everything smelled clean. The people at the front desk were delightful. If I had to stay near this area last minute, I'd stay here again.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Dylan
"Convenient to highway"
Nice quiet motel, clean, reasonable.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"what a dump!"
window blinds were missing slats. holes in the wall. old tube TV that would randomly turn off. no hot water!!!
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"I froze"
Was like a little kids room. Bears on walls with clowns wallpaper. And no heat.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
"Not tidy, and Not too clean"
wouldn't stay there again
3 night trip Nov 5, 2013
"Close to the ocean at the best NJ shore resort SpL"
It was out of season - the superb beach was empty and marvelous board walk was available for biking. The nice manager, Lilian, was very accommodating. The breakfast was very good.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
"Good for the money"
Hotel was very convenient, near the people we were visiting. No trouble checking in, room was musty but cleared out with the doors and windows open for a while and the AC running. The toilet needed a minor fix, but we could do it. The bed was a little hard, but not a problem. We just slept there, didn't use the pool. The breakfast was a counter in the lobby with dispensers for Frosted Flakes or bagels with cream cheese and a table a few feet from the reception counter. The juice carafe wasn't marked, so I ended up putting some OJ in my coffee because I was hoping for cream instead of milk. I would stay there again and plan to go out for breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Cheap and Gross, but the Location is Perfect"
The only thing saving this hotel is its location. Check-in took more than 40 minutes while I stood there waiting for someone to come to the desk. I got to the room and none of the lights worked. Had to wait for someone to come change them. Internet was consistently inconsistent and required 2 calls to the office for someone to reset the modem. The mini blinds were missing slats and it's all on the 1st floor, so I was constantly concerned for my safety as everyone could see in. The bed was rock hard and pillows old and flat. Shower wasn't clean and the curtain didn't reach the floor so it flooded the bathroom every time I showered. I called the desk about this a few times but no one ever answered. Breakfast was weak coffee and cinnamon raisin bagels (why they didn't have other kinds of bagels, I don't know). Key cards never worked and office staff was annoyed when I asked them to re-activate them. TV didn't work. However, the location was near where I needed to be, so there's that.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"A demonstration of the infamous "flea-bag hotel""
When we opened the door of the room, I said to my son: "Son, you are going to learn a new expression today ... flea-bag." The bathroom door was in such bad shape, we could not close the door. And if we were successful in closing the bathroom door, we were afraid that it would never open again. And the smell of the place was overwhelming. It smelled like a leaky basement.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
R Murphy
"gave my paid reservatio 2 someone else"
Management the worst I had ever seen.as well can't keep a paid reservation and gave my room after I paid and reserved it 2 someoine Else the front desk mansager and people were very rude and could careless about the mix up.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2012
very poor
"WOULDN'T STAY THERE AGAIN !!!"
iF NOT FOR AN EMGERDENCY DO TO DEATH IN THE FAMILY. i WOULD HAVE WALKED OUT BUT NEEDED A PLACE TO STAY. PLEASE SHARE THIS COMMENT WITH THE MOTEL I STAYED AT. tHEY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2012
"disappointing."
The staff was very polite and helpful. The condition of the room was disappointing.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
"On Border of Belmar Beach Bars"
Great service from the moment i walked in, as I was allowed to check in early. Given the room I asked for right by the pool and promptly switched to the room next door when I asked to be due to broken blinds. Continental breakfast was open until 10 but they left everything out late for us, and the cleaning service in the morning said they would come back to our room last to give us extra time to checkout, over 2 hours. Went here because all of the hotels in Belmar were full, but it was much nicer and only a short cab ride away.
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2012
Tired and needs updating.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2012
"I do not like this hotel"
Disgusting smell in the room. the dirty water in the pool
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"You get what you pay for"
The travellodge was one of the only hotels available for the labour day weekend that could accomodate 2 Adults and 3 Teenage children. Our room had 2 queen size beds and they provided us with a rollaway bed which was adequate. The room was tidy but very dated and not as clean as one would like. Some of the blankets had cigarette burns in them although the sheets appeared to be clean. Check in was easy and no problems at all getting us into our room. The kids enjoyed the pool which is outdoors. The continental breakfast was ok but we ended up eating out most mornings regardless. All in all, we sort of got what we expected especially given it's close proximity to both Jackson NJ (6-Flags) and Seaside Heights (the Jersey Shore) .
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2012
"Just ok"
Hotel room was outdated but clean. Prices were a little high for the condition of the place. Pool was a little green but I went in anyways. Not a bad choice for a night or two but anything longer than that you would want to find another place. It was just ok.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2012
"the ownership should be banned from hotel mgmt"
Room we were in was musty. When my gf and i first walked in i saw the garbage can had 3 moldy oranges. Then my gf went to shower and the showerhead was missing.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2012
ma1
The place is a dump sorry but it needs to get into the 21st century
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2012
"Terrible"
The room was musty and outdated and there was a grass hopper in the bathroom garbage can. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. We were supposed to stay 2 nights but thanks to the assistance of hotels.com we got reimbursed the second night and stayed elsewhere.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2012
The phone was not functioning and the staff, though assuring me that it would be fixed, did not show up to fix it. One light was not functional and there was no place to plug it in. The bed was uncomfortable. There was no counter space in the bathroom. The vertical blinds on the back wall were broken and had to be manually closed, bypassing the mechanism, I will not be returning to this motel.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2012