All hotels in Seaside, Oregon, United States of America
30 N PromSeasideOR97138United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Food is all right
    Uncomfortable
The non-ocean view room we had was not shown in the photos on the web site. It was very tiny, dark, and in need of painting and updating. Location on the beach is lovely, as is the town of Seaside. The hotel is in a perfect location, but certainly shows its age - built in 1983.
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
Charlene
"Dirty and needs attention."
Front desk staff was friendly. The outdoor hallway carpeting is stained and disgusting. The armoire in our room was missing the footing on one side so it tilted far to the right and back. The microwave clock could not be set. The ice tongs had something sticky on it and stuck to the table. After dinner we returned to the room and I unwrapped the plastic from a cup to get a drink of water and there was a dark powder spread inside the cup. Finally, we tried to turn on the lamps and the lamps were all unplugged. I will stay in one of the smaller and less expensive hotels in the area next time.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Russ
"Horrible Hotel"
It was horrible. The staff had no clue what they were doing. The room we got had a wall that I think had the hotel ventilation ducts on the other side. It sounded like an airplane in our room from 6:30 am to 1:30 am. Every door in the hotel slams closed unless you hold it and slowly close it. There was a piece of paper folded up behind the picture above the bed because it slams against the wall every time a door is closed outside of our room. The only air you get it from opening the window and that is right in the walk way and so every one that walks by gets to see you in your room. There is no a/c, they actually had a tiny fan in the closet. The hotel staff did nothing about kids running up and down hallways and slamming doors at all hours of the late night and early morning. Seaside was great! For sure finding a better place to stay next time.
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Your good opinion of us matter. I will be sharing your review with our team members. V. Perry - GM
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Darlene
"Right on the beach"
This is a very nice motel and is literally on the beach. No long climb to get to the sand. It's right there. Walking distance to shopping, dining and entertainment. Nice rooms with comfy beds. TV channel selection is pretty limited, but the wifi signal was okay. Restaurant served good food with a wonderful view. I would stay at this motel again.
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"only good thing close tobeach"
The hotel seemed very old, room are way too small. No air conditioning. They brought us a fan. The closet was a moveable, the Internet was slow, the bathroom was old. Won't stay at Shilo Inn again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
monica
"Not on our best stays"
Hotel needs some major repairs housekeeping needs retraining
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
douglas
The location of this hotel is excellent, it is the best part of the hotel. We checked in our family had 4 rooms and only 3 were ready. When I got to my room the floor was dirty there was garbage sticking out from under the bed,a big stain on the top sheet. I decided to pull back the sheets and there was hair in the sheets. The worst part was the bathroom the toilet (sorry to be so grafic) had diarrhea splatter all over it, it was so obvious it was not missed it was just not done. I called the front desk to tell them, they said they would get someone to take care of it as soon as possible. A good manager should of just taken there guests right out of that room and put them in another. The roo.s are in need of so updating. They are missing screens on the windows. We couldn't open the windows because the Flys in the walk way we're terrible. No air conditioning, they do give you a fan that did t work. The lobby,pool area and location is great
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
douglas
"Nice hotel right on the beach"
This was a nice, clean, comfortable motel and is directly on the beach, so access to the ocean is wonderfully effortless. Restaurant had a good breakfast. No complaints about the food. Television was a bit limited on the channels, but if you can't find anything good on, take a stroll on the beach. That's why you're there!
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"No bang for your buck"
The facility has a beautiful location right on the beach. That is the only thing going for it. The hotel is run down, not "rustic", it smells bad, the elevators don't work, the entire place needs to be repainted, re-carpeted, the furniture in my "deluxe" partial ocean view room was tattered and needed to be replaced. The food in the restaurant is horrible, absolutely the worst!
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
"Nice hotel..it was close to the Ocean"
It was nice to be able to go swimming and go watch live music down stairs
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Close to the beach"
Room was very small. Adjoining rooms, you would have thought they were in your room. I was awoke at 7am because I thought someone was in my room talking, just the next room. Increased the rate for the weekend and that really made the room not worth it!! I'll find a better place next time and walk the couple of blocks to the beach!
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Close to beach. Good for only sleeping"
The Clothes cubbard was crooked, missing a leg. You have to run away from the toilet as it flushes- it spit out water with each flush. Room wa small, no view. Cinder block walls. Old tv with barely any channels.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
paige
I was overbooked had to find another room I would like to be in some way accommodated for the inconvenience
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015
The hotel is on the main street with all the little shops and restaurants. It is right by the beach so the location can't be beat. The hotel is an older hotel but the lobby was clean and relaxing. The room itself did not have air conditioning which would normally be OK but if it had been warmer it may have been a minus. We did have fans which worked well for us. Liked the fridge in the room too.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
ChrisD
"disappointment"
For the price this was the biggest disappointment on our trip. Internet really does NOT work, and the elevators also did not work - stopped at every floor. The room was TINY - very cramped. Maid service was very helpful and cleaned the room great. Beside "location" this hotel rates over-all very low.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Shilo Inn Oceanfront"
The room was very small and a very musty smelling. They need to have this location upgraded completely. We were very disappointed in the accomodations as it was really outdated and old. It was my worst hotel experience we have ever had and the price was way out of line.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Was not impressed with the room at all, lacking in many maintenance items, got a stained sheet put on the bed our second day, would not recommend.
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler Thank you for your thoughts. Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies that you received. I will be sharing your review with our team. V. Perry - GM
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Beds are a little stiff. But other than tha would rcommend it to anyone! I cant wait to book my next trip and reserve a room there. Great staff!!
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Margarita
"Very uncomfortable."
Rooms are very old and run down. Beds were very uncomfortable No air conditioning - elevator very slow and stopped on floor#2 even when nobody pushed the floor button. Very over priced for the condition of the hotel. Not impressed.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"The hotel was close to the beach."
They need to work on the elevators and the wi-fi. The bedding could use an upgrade. We had a leak in the sealing where you could see it had leaked before. So they need to do some serious upgrades.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Angela
"Perfect vacation spot."
We enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean, and the beach view was beautiful. Only downside was the neighbors smoking pot but it was one night only. Perfect location, next to all the shops and restaurants. Will be going back next year.
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
debbie
"Horrible"
We paid way to much for this room and the bed was hard as a rock. They need to update the room and get new beds.
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler,Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the discomfort that you experienced. The comfort of our Guest is our utmost importance to us. I will be sharing your review with our Shilo team. V. Perry - GM
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great location, that's it..."
There is no a/c in the rooms so the rooms are miserably hot and uncomfortable. There are constantly doors slamming day or night and the walls are very thin so you can clearly hear the people next to you. Not a relaxing experience at all
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler.Thank you.Please accept my apologies.We consider the comfort of our Guest of number one importance and we are sorry that we were unable to full fill this promise to you. I will share your experience to our team members to be used as a learning experience. V. Perry-GM
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great Location, just bad accomodations."
The hotel has a great location on Seaside Beach. Unfortunately, my room had no air conditioning and was told to use a fan in the room. Quite frankly, the fan didn't cut it and my room was hot and humid and I didn't sleep well. If my room faced the ocean with a balcony, I could have left a window open but my room had no balcony and had to keep my room closed for security reasons. I would also say the wireless network was weak in my room.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2015
"JUST OK"
The price you pay for this hotel is for the location which is pretty great but you can stay a mile away, park right up by the beach and get the same effect. This was our most expensive hotel on our vacation but it was definitely not the nicest. It was in need of major updating and we could here the people next door pretty well. It was clean and we did get a good nights sleep but the overall atmosphere was lacking in what you usually get at that price. Stayed at a best western the next night, farther from the beach, but it was a nicer hotel and cheaper.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Joshua
It was great, very good customer service. View was amazing & staff was friendly
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Very loud hotel, our first room was dirty, had to request a new room... We also had to ask for extra amenities in the room, no kidding, four times before we had extra pillows and towels. Our daughter stayed in our queen sized standard so we needed them and didn't get them until the second night. The overall stay was very loud with a lot of barking dogs at night. It was nice to be right on the beach but the hotel overall was very dirty. Even the restraunt had bad service....
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Adequate location close to the beach"
We arrived at 4pm for check in. Very slow check in and then once checked in about 4:30pm they indicated a room was not available yet because they had been so busy the staff couldn't keep up. We were to come back later. Around 5pm I came back and they gave me a very small room on the 2nd floor room 205. There was NO place to put luggage. The bed was terrible and the mattress was completely broken down so bad we could hardly sleep. The mattress needs replacing immediately if not sooner. Bathroom had NO glasses. There were two glasses on a table in the sleeping area. The room is way over priced for what you get. I would not stay there again or recommend this to anyone I know.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Dee
"disappointed"
Coast is wonderful. They acted like they knew they would have a full house without us. We would ask for something they would never deliver it,fan remote. We stuck in a back room small hot no air. Housekeeping was great.
4 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
PAM
"Great location A few tweaks-some possible"
Got checked in an hour and a half Late while we just sat in lobby. Was told we would get phone call when room was ready, we did not. We had to ask if our room was ready after an hour and a half waiting and it finally was. And no ac In the rooms, we had to leave our slider open, which is fine, but it was Smokey at night:( staff were wonderful though
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler Thank you for your thoughts. Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies that you received. Please know that we consider the comfort of our Guest of number one importance and we are sorry that we were unable to full fill are promise to you. V. Perry - GM
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
I was disappointed that there was no air conditioning. Also Expedia advertised 'ocean view' which it wasn't.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
The door lock didn't work, so they came and fixed it. Outside walk way was a little rough, but overall good experience.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"One night stay"
View on 5th floor; window to rooftop, and barely see the ocean. The cost was so expensive, for what was really no better than a cheap motel...which we would have stayed had we been able to book something earlier. I was shocked at how crappy this place was for the Expense. Tiny pool, and one small jacuzzi (constantly packed with people). Of course since the pool is open 24 hrs. I suppose you could go in it at 3 a.m.? Never EVER paying that much for a place like that again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Pgean
"Outdated"
The hotel had no a/c in any rooms. I had to ask for a fan which was the size of a quarter. No conteninental breakfast etc. For the price I was charges the amenities were zero. Only positive was location.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Clean hotel right on the beach"
There is no air conditioning because Seaside is usually cool. But thanks to global warming, AC is now needed. There is no cross ventilation so the rooms are warm and stuffy. The restaurant is very good and there is ample parking - half of it in the shade.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
The Staff was wonderful, the food was good. The hotel was in a Great location. The hotel needs some major renovations in the rooms and the elevators were very scary to ride in. It sounded like the cables were going to break every time we rode in them.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
The only complaint is there room is too stuffy no air conditioner and fan, maybe I should ask for one but didn't think of it at that time, the shower was a joke you need to be the Jonlee green giant for the water To reach you, the pressure what is non-existent, A handheld Showerhead would've been much more useful
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Lynn M
"Nice hotel, upgraded to "two bed" room however"
Pretty good experience. Good restaurant. Wonderful view while eating. Excellent service. The room I upgraded to because I needed 2 beds was located on 2nd floor, which is fine however, right in front of our terrace were loud generators and such. Though I would have loved to sleep with sliding door open to hear ocean, did not because of noise of generators. Other than that, my stay was enjoyable. But, I will not stay on the 2nd floor again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Will not stay again"
Room not ready at check (1 hour late 5pm) bed not made, when made comforter was under top sheet, no towels, shampoo, soap. No windows except looking at elevator lobby which was noisy, loft view of no use can't climb stairs with arthritis. Ice machines on 2 floors not working..
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Skip
"I didn't want to leave our terrace!"
The view was so nice, that I didn't want to leave! We took a walk to the beach, then we made a quick trip to the supermarket to buy hot dogs that we cooked in our room so we wouldn't have to waste time at a restaurant!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Pat
"Anniversary getaway,too much $$$$,poor expeeience"
Way too too high of a price for what you get. How much they charge during the week is definitely elevated, but weekend prices are UNREAL! The lounge downstairs wasn't great either. My husbands fish tacos were not thoroughly cooked. Definitely had some raw part & tail pieces with connective tissue you couldn't chew through. Very loud all hours of the day & night from residents coming and going. Room was near the lounge,but we couldn't hear that at all. Age & appearance of hotel in pictures is very misleading. Pool was 24 hours which is awesome, but no cut off time for kids. So we waited until 11:30 @ night & there we kids, young kids, there passed 1 am!! It was very very difficult to sleep. Not because of the bed, that was fine. Just all the noise from it being an old motel. Hot tub was also very small. Barely fit 4 adults comfortably. Our room was always hot & muggy with no heat on. NO A/C available in our room. We had a city view with small balcony so we were able to open both doors to get a small cross breeze, but it still wasn't enough. It wasn't hot while we were there & always cooler outside. Toilet didn't flush right either. We definitely won't be staying there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"very loud, dirty"
bike was stolen out of the garage first night, could not sleep due to "24 service" crazy loud rolling and banging. staff was unkempt and unprofessional.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
mike
"Disappoinment"
Room was hot, had to have a noisy occilating fan on just to get air to move around. Remote for the TV didn't work correctly. The lobby is beautiful the room was a real let down. First night we went to bed one of the pillows had blood all over it. There was only one reading lamp on one side of the bed. No trash can in the bathroom. Nightstand without the light was sticky as if soda had been spilled on it and allowed to dry. The location was great, we were able to go where we wanted without taking the car.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Needs a remodel."
The first room they put us in was right next to elevator and the window lock was broken. We asked to be moved. Next room wasn't must better but at least we felt safer.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Ocean view room was nice"
Had a good stay, room was 406 and had an ocean view. The room was nice and beds were comfortable. Pillows were very soft but had nice bounce back. We also got a short glimpse of what the cheaper rooms look like. I wouldn't recommend the cheaper rooms unless you just need a good location and a bed.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Justin
"Ruined our celebration of 20 years of marriage."
Our experience was just horrible. We got there at 4:15 and was told our room was not done yet. But while waiting for 75 minutes for the room to be done 5 other couples got their rooms with extra. While I finally received our room a disruption accord with a tenant in previous room where police and ambulance was involved. I called downstairs and a very rude front desk person said her words and then hung the phone up. I called back and the phone rang 7 times and finally another front desk person answered the phone. She came up with the hotel guard apologizing. I asked for a complete refund of our stay. The next morning I went to the front desk where a gentleman was sitting and asked for the manager name. He in turn wrote it on a business card and handed it to me. This was our 20th wedding anniversary celebration and this staff ruined it. I would not ever go back to this hotel again
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Ross & Vivian
"BY THE SESIDE!!"
We had a great time. The weather was wonderful. We made a dinner reservation at a restaurant on the beach. Finally got seated. Served a glass of wine. Waiter mix up, by the time we spoke up they were out of the food we wanted. We left and went to the Shilo restaurant. The waiter, Anthony, was amazing!! One of the best waiters we have ever had. So professional and attentive. The food was delicious. The lemon drops were lovely! The staff were very good. Rooms clean. The portable fan (no air conditioner)was a little feeble but it worked. The only drawback was the bed. It was comfortable but sagged a little in the middle .Still, slept well. We will go again to this hotel, we were there before and enjoyed ourselves. Thank you for a great few days.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Jan
"Impulse stay"
Impulse visit to Seaside, same day booking. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Loved it!
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"Will never stay at Shilo Inns again"
Worst customer service I have ever received. Gave away our reservation before we arrived even though we arrived before check in time. Could not show us policy for hotel that allowed them to do this to us. Tried to charge me more for a smaller room at an older location father from the beach.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Tiffany
"Rooms need remodel"
Very bad had to go to another hotel. The first room bed was not made and sheets were dirty. The second room had spots on the sheets no air conditioner.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015