All hotels in Seaside, Oregon, United States of America
30 N Prom, Seaside, OR, 97138, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Food is all right
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"disappointment"
For the price this was the biggest disappointment on our trip. Internet really does NOT work, and the elevators also did not work - stopped at every floor. The room was TINY - very cramped. Maid service was very helpful and cleaned the room great. Beside "location" this hotel rates over-all very low.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Shilo Inn Oceanfront"
The room was very small and a very musty smelling. They need to have this location upgraded completely. We were very disappointed in the accomodations as it was really outdated and old. It was my worst hotel experience we have ever had and the price was way out of line.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Was not impressed with the room at all, lacking in many maintenance items, got a stained sheet put on the bed our second day, would not recommend.
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler Thank you for your thoughts. Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies that you received. I will be sharing your review with our team. V. Perry - GM
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Beds are a little stiff. But other than tha would rcommend it to anyone! I cant wait to book my next trip and reserve a room there. Great staff!!
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Margarita
"Very uncomfortable."
Rooms are very old and run down. Beds were very uncomfortable No air conditioning - elevator very slow and stopped on floor#2 even when nobody pushed the floor button. Very over priced for the condition of the hotel. Not impressed.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"The hotel was close to the beach."
They need to work on the elevators and the wi-fi. The bedding could use an upgrade. We had a leak in the sealing where you could see it had leaked before. So they need to do some serious upgrades.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Angela
"Perfect vacation spot."
We enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean, and the beach view was beautiful. Only downside was the neighbors smoking pot but it was one night only. Perfect location, next to all the shops and restaurants. Will be going back next year.
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
debbie
"Horrible"
We paid way to much for this room and the bed was hard as a rock. They need to update the room and get new beds.
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler,Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the discomfort that you experienced. The comfort of our Guest is our utmost importance to us. I will be sharing your review with our Shilo team. V. Perry - GM
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great location, that's it..."
There is no a/c in the rooms so the rooms are miserably hot and uncomfortable. There are constantly doors slamming day or night and the walls are very thin so you can clearly hear the people next to you. Not a relaxing experience at all
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler.Thank you.Please accept my apologies.We consider the comfort of our Guest of number one importance and we are sorry that we were unable to full fill this promise to you. I will share your experience to our team members to be used as a learning experience. V. Perry-GM
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great Location, just bad accomodations."
The hotel has a great location on Seaside Beach. Unfortunately, my room had no air conditioning and was told to use a fan in the room. Quite frankly, the fan didn't cut it and my room was hot and humid and I didn't sleep well. If my room faced the ocean with a balcony, I could have left a window open but my room had no balcony and had to keep my room closed for security reasons. I would also say the wireless network was weak in my room.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2015
"JUST OK"
The price you pay for this hotel is for the location which is pretty great but you can stay a mile away, park right up by the beach and get the same effect. This was our most expensive hotel on our vacation but it was definitely not the nicest. It was in need of major updating and we could here the people next door pretty well. It was clean and we did get a good nights sleep but the overall atmosphere was lacking in what you usually get at that price. Stayed at a best western the next night, farther from the beach, but it was a nicer hotel and cheaper.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Joshua
It was great, very good customer service. View was amazing & staff was friendly
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Very loud hotel, our first room was dirty, had to request a new room... We also had to ask for extra amenities in the room, no kidding, four times before we had extra pillows and towels. Our daughter stayed in our queen sized standard so we needed them and didn't get them until the second night. The overall stay was very loud with a lot of barking dogs at night. It was nice to be right on the beach but the hotel overall was very dirty. Even the restraunt had bad service....
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Adequate location close to the beach"
We arrived at 4pm for check in. Very slow check in and then once checked in about 4:30pm they indicated a room was not available yet because they had been so busy the staff couldn't keep up. We were to come back later. Around 5pm I came back and they gave me a very small room on the 2nd floor room 205. There was NO place to put luggage. The bed was terrible and the mattress was completely broken down so bad we could hardly sleep. The mattress needs replacing immediately if not sooner. Bathroom had NO glasses. There were two glasses on a table in the sleeping area. The room is way over priced for what you get. I would not stay there again or recommend this to anyone I know.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Dee
"disappointed"
Coast is wonderful. They acted like they knew they would have a full house without us. We would ask for something they would never deliver it,fan remote. We stuck in a back room small hot no air. Housekeeping was great.
4 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
PAM
"Great location A few tweaks-some possible"
Got checked in an hour and a half Late while we just sat in lobby. Was told we would get phone call when room was ready, we did not. We had to ask if our room was ready after an hour and a half waiting and it finally was. And no ac In the rooms, we had to leave our slider open, which is fine, but it was Smokey at night:( staff were wonderful though
Response by Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Dear A verified traveler Thank you for your thoughts. Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies that you received. Please know that we consider the comfort of our Guest of number one importance and we are sorry that we were unable to full fill are promise to you. V. Perry - GM
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
I was disappointed that there was no air conditioning. Also Expedia advertised 'ocean view' which it wasn't.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
The door lock didn't work, so they came and fixed it. Outside walk way was a little rough, but overall good experience.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"One night stay"
View on 5th floor; window to rooftop, and barely see the ocean. The cost was so expensive, for what was really no better than a cheap motel...which we would have stayed had we been able to book something earlier. I was shocked at how crappy this place was for the Expense. Tiny pool, and one small jacuzzi (constantly packed with people). Of course since the pool is open 24 hrs. I suppose you could go in it at 3 a.m.? Never EVER paying that much for a place like that again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Pgean
"Outdated"
The hotel had no a/c in any rooms. I had to ask for a fan which was the size of a quarter. No conteninental breakfast etc. For the price I was charges the amenities were zero. Only positive was location.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Clean hotel right on the beach"
There is no air conditioning because Seaside is usually cool. But thanks to global warming, AC is now needed. There is no cross ventilation so the rooms are warm and stuffy. The restaurant is very good and there is ample parking - half of it in the shade.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
The Staff was wonderful, the food was good. The hotel was in a Great location. The hotel needs some major renovations in the rooms and the elevators were very scary to ride in. It sounded like the cables were going to break every time we rode in them.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
The only complaint is there room is too stuffy no air conditioner and fan, maybe I should ask for one but didn't think of it at that time, the shower was a joke you need to be the Jonlee green giant for the water To reach you, the pressure what is non-existent, A handheld Showerhead would've been much more useful
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Lynn M
"Nice hotel, upgraded to "two bed" room however"
Pretty good experience. Good restaurant. Wonderful view while eating. Excellent service. The room I upgraded to because I needed 2 beds was located on 2nd floor, which is fine however, right in front of our terrace were loud generators and such. Though I would have loved to sleep with sliding door open to hear ocean, did not because of noise of generators. Other than that, my stay was enjoyable. But, I will not stay on the 2nd floor again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Will not stay again"
Room not ready at check (1 hour late 5pm) bed not made, when made comforter was under top sheet, no towels, shampoo, soap. No windows except looking at elevator lobby which was noisy, loft view of no use can't climb stairs with arthritis. Ice machines on 2 floors not working..
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Skip
"I didn't want to leave our terrace!"
The view was so nice, that I didn't want to leave! We took a walk to the beach, then we made a quick trip to the supermarket to buy hot dogs that we cooked in our room so we wouldn't have to waste time at a restaurant!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Pat
"Anniversary getaway,too much $$$$,poor expeeience"
Way too too high of a price for what you get. How much they charge during the week is definitely elevated, but weekend prices are UNREAL! The lounge downstairs wasn't great either. My husbands fish tacos were not thoroughly cooked. Definitely had some raw part & tail pieces with connective tissue you couldn't chew through. Very loud all hours of the day & night from residents coming and going. Room was near the lounge,but we couldn't hear that at all. Age & appearance of hotel in pictures is very misleading. Pool was 24 hours which is awesome, but no cut off time for kids. So we waited until 11:30 @ night & there we kids, young kids, there passed 1 am!! It was very very difficult to sleep. Not because of the bed, that was fine. Just all the noise from it being an old motel. Hot tub was also very small. Barely fit 4 adults comfortably. Our room was always hot & muggy with no heat on. NO A/C available in our room. We had a city view with small balcony so we were able to open both doors to get a small cross breeze, but it still wasn't enough. It wasn't hot while we were there & always cooler outside. Toilet didn't flush right either. We definitely won't be staying there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"very loud, dirty"
bike was stolen out of the garage first night, could not sleep due to "24 service" crazy loud rolling and banging. staff was unkempt and unprofessional.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
mike
"Disappoinment"
Room was hot, had to have a noisy occilating fan on just to get air to move around. Remote for the TV didn't work correctly. The lobby is beautiful the room was a real let down. First night we went to bed one of the pillows had blood all over it. There was only one reading lamp on one side of the bed. No trash can in the bathroom. Nightstand without the light was sticky as if soda had been spilled on it and allowed to dry. The location was great, we were able to go where we wanted without taking the car.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Needs a remodel."
The first room they put us in was right next to elevator and the window lock was broken. We asked to be moved. Next room wasn't must better but at least we felt safer.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Ocean view room was nice"
Had a good stay, room was 406 and had an ocean view. The room was nice and beds were comfortable. Pillows were very soft but had nice bounce back. We also got a short glimpse of what the cheaper rooms look like. I wouldn't recommend the cheaper rooms unless you just need a good location and a bed.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Justin
"Ruined our celebration of 20 years of marriage."
Our experience was just horrible. We got there at 4:15 and was told our room was not done yet. But while waiting for 75 minutes for the room to be done 5 other couples got their rooms with extra. While I finally received our room a disruption accord with a tenant in previous room where police and ambulance was involved. I called downstairs and a very rude front desk person said her words and then hung the phone up. I called back and the phone rang 7 times and finally another front desk person answered the phone. She came up with the hotel guard apologizing. I asked for a complete refund of our stay. The next morning I went to the front desk where a gentleman was sitting and asked for the manager name. He in turn wrote it on a business card and handed it to me. This was our 20th wedding anniversary celebration and this staff ruined it. I would not ever go back to this hotel again
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Ross & Vivian
"BY THE SESIDE!!"
We had a great time. The weather was wonderful. We made a dinner reservation at a restaurant on the beach. Finally got seated. Served a glass of wine. Waiter mix up, by the time we spoke up they were out of the food we wanted. We left and went to the Shilo restaurant. The waiter, Anthony, was amazing!! One of the best waiters we have ever had. So professional and attentive. The food was delicious. The lemon drops were lovely! The staff were very good. Rooms clean. The portable fan (no air conditioner)was a little feeble but it worked. The only drawback was the bed. It was comfortable but sagged a little in the middle .Still, slept well. We will go again to this hotel, we were there before and enjoyed ourselves. Thank you for a great few days.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Jan
"Impulse stay"
Impulse visit to Seaside, same day booking. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Loved it!
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"Will never stay at Shilo Inns again"
Worst customer service I have ever received. Gave away our reservation before we arrived even though we arrived before check in time. Could not show us policy for hotel that allowed them to do this to us. Tried to charge me more for a smaller room at an older location father from the beach.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Rooms need remodel"
Very bad had to go to another hotel. The first room bed was not made and sheets were dirty. The second room had spots on the sheets no air conditioner.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach. good price for room"
The first room they gave us had a very loud and persistent barking dog across the mini-hall. The folks at the lobby gave us a different room. They also gave us drink tickets for the lounge, which we enjoyed. We also enjoyed Happy Hour.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Worst experience I have ever had with a hotel"
I booked an ocean front suite one year in advance and called the week prior to confirm the reservation. The hotel gave away our reservation before we arrived at noon that day. They claimed they called me and I didn't answer so it is their policy to give away the reservation. They could not show us this in their policy and corporate offices agreed that this is not their policy. After escalating through 3 levels of management the best they could do was offer me a small room at another hotel, nowhere near the beach, for a higher cost than I reserved.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Tiffany
"Old Hotel, you can do better."
Very old hotel, still has the square tube based TV's. Room was not clean, but not excessively dirty, just real old. I won't stay there again, really low rent for an expensive price. The surrounding area is great, and it is basically on the beach, that is what you pay for at this hotel. Restaurant was great, good food.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Dom
Hotel had trouble running my card at 8am the morning of my reservation and so they gave away our room. We arrived by noon the day of check in and found we had no hotel for our vacation. We made our reservations 11 months in advance and even called one week prior to stay to confirm that reservation were confirmed. Staff was rude, unhelpful, and the corporate office rep yelled at me when I called to discuss my issue (even after admitting the hotel was at fault for not following their own policy). We had booked an ocean front suite and after lots of haggling with management they were only able to get us a smaller disappointing room (not a suite) at another hotel location, no where near the beach and still charged us much more than our original rate. I will never stay at another Shilo Inn ever!!! And I recommend that no one else does either!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Tiffany
They gave our room away but still charged us ..we had to sleep in our car with my 7 year old autistic son and disabled dad who had no oxygen..
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Awesome location, small room"
Hotel is right on the beach and in the center of restaurants and shopping. The location is great! Our room was very small, but since we wanted to be mostly on the beach that didn't matter much. Walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors, but overall clean, good service and friendly staff
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Shilo Hotels are awesome! We love that our fur babies are welcome too!!!
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Nice hotel but a little dated and a little noisy."
The staff was wonderful and the room clean and comfortable. However the TV was dated and half the time didn't work. I could here everyone and everything around me. Made keeping an infant asleep nearly impossible because the walls were so thin and people screaming outside and stomping around above is and next door. Nice place to come if your NOT looking for peace and quiet.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Ashley
"Mmmmm I guess it's the beach."
Only reason to stay here is because....location. Our room was small dirty and small. They didn't even clean out the drawer next to the bed. It had tags and lotions.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
ryan
Highly recommended for the price and services. Great location as well.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Ponpeth
I was told by two different employees that the deposit was $25 but they held $50. The resturant in the hotel also put a 20% hold on my card after I paid.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Aimee
"Location is Fantastic."
The location is what you are paying for. The rest needs a face lift. The pool is discussing. The hot tub is not hot. Very run down.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Danielle
"Disgusting hotel with an unattentive staff."
Disgusting hotel with an unattentive staff. both the toilet and the shower were not cleaned after the previous guest in our room left. Floors were not vacuumed and they forgot turnaround service for our last day. Would not recommend.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Close to the beach and all the fun"
Our room was clean. The booking says it was a Queen but it was smaller than my Queen at home. All of the staff were friendly and efficient. Also great free parking.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015