All hotels in Beaverton, Oregon, United States of America
9900 SW Canyon Rd, Beaverton, OR, 97225, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary amenities
    Quite clean
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
Clean, comfortable room. Rather good buffet breakfast
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Great breakfast but rooms need to be cleaner"
I've stayed at this establishment once before and liked it enough to book it again. The hotel grounds are beautiful and very serene. It's a quirky hotel, which I liked. However this time I was a little disappointed with the condition of the room. This trip our room was on the first floor, overlooking the garden area, which was very pretty. But, the bathroom had not been cleaned. There was q-tips and trash on the floor, lots of hair, powder makeup on the counter, and even some bugs around the baseboards in the bathroom. I don't think they were bedbugs,but still, it was a little gross. I mentioned this to the front desk the next morning -I was just too tired to deal with it the night we checked in. They cleaned it that morning, but it still looked dirty. I think they need to spray around the baseboards or something. The free breakfast is excellent! A lot of choices, really good strong hot coffee, and overall great hot breakfast and great service. If the bathrooms were updated and kept clean, I wouldn't hesitate to go back, but for now I think I'll stay elsewhere next time I'm in Portland.
3 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Sandra
There was hair on the floor of the bathroom for 3 days. The sheets on the beds weren't fitted thus they didn't stay on thus are not comfortable. The doors to get into the section of our rooms was not secure so anyone could walk in at anytime.
Judy
"Two night stay"
This hotel fulfilled most of my requirements; free parking, free wifi, restaurant, bar, well maintained, clean room, bright white clean bathroom, good water pressure, comfy bed, contemporary appointments, room service, flat screen with cable, and cleaning staff that respected our 'no service' sign. The only negatives; next to a busy road, not enough plug ins, not enough vanity counter top space for 2 adults .
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Norm
"Too many strip clubs on our way to the hotel."
The roomp was dusty and not well cleaned. One day it was not cleaned at all. We came back to the room the same condition we left it at, not even the waste basket was emptied. When I called to complain the only thing they offered was clean towels.
Response by Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Portland/Beaverton
Thank you for being a valued Shilo guest. I sincerely apologize your experience did not meet your expectations. I will investigate the items you mention and see that they are corrected immediately. I sincerely hope you will give us a future opportunity to earn your confidence. Sincerely, G. Sorrels
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Alex
"nice place to stay"
Preferred a room with no stairs. Got a wonderful room with balcony overlooking pool, just super. I prefer the actual metal keys they use to electronic cards, they are easier to find.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
""free" breakfast - but pay for your drink!??!"
On check-in, learned we had to climb stairs (no elevator) which was an unforeseen problem but staff offered to help b/c one of us has a non-bending knee, struggles with stairs. When asked easiest way to get to breakfast, he told us go down one flight of stairs then follow the long hall to the lobby. He did NOT tell us it involved going up and down three MORE flights of stairs along the way--should have recommended driving. Breakfast was great EXCEPT not as free as it should be: you have to pay for the milk or juice! When a server said we could have free coffee or tea and I pointed out my child is too young for that, she rolled her eyes and walked off! this was our first AND LAST stay at a Shilo Inn, despite the convenient location.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a suite with 2 rooms . Great breakfast too!
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Candace
"Nice hotel close to Portland."
The shilo inn was a nice hotel. The outside looks dated but the room was very nice and comfortable. The breakfast Buffett was ok the first morning it wasn't very good but the second day (same food) was better tasting. Staff was nice and helpful. The pool and grounds were also very nice. Love the gazebo and pond. Just need to start updating the outside.
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Kara
"Oregon getaway"
Older hotel, but service was good and room was very clean.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Basil
"Dated"
Dated hotel, but a room facing the courtyard helps. Breakfast isn't even worth reviewing and your located in a seedy part of town near a few gentleman's clubs.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2015
"Lost in time"
OLD Time warped place!! Restaurant is old and dark
1 night trip Aug 12, 2015
I stayed in the hotel for three days. I went to the hotel at 1pm and I as not allowed to register until 4pm, My room was not cleaned on the second day and I had to get my own towels, shampoo and coffee.
"Nice Staff"
Nice friendly staff. Beautiful grounds. TV is not HD and difficult to watch as you cannot read words on the channels. Bed was absolutely the worst bed we have laid on. The floor would have been softer.:( If you have any type of walking disability please ensure they give you a ground floor room in the front of the hotel. The back of the hotel is on a hill and you cannot easily get around to the restaurant or lobby without driving around to the front or accessing stairs.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"All right hotel, bad experience."
We wanted to explore Portland for just a few days. Beaverton happened to be much cheaper than some parts of Portland, plus it was very easy to access public transportation. Maybe 20 minutes from downtown Portland. As for the hotel itself, it'll do the job. Don't expect anything too nice. The beds are stiff, but not uncomfortable. Rooms are dark, so be sure to check yourself out in the bathroom. We only stayed at the hotel to sleep somewhere, and it worked for that purpose. On the flip side, our television caught on fire. Nothing huge, but you could clearly see flames from the back of the TV. We immediately ran up to the front desk to tell someone, but their reaction was unexpected. They laughed and told us to open the window to let it air out.... "They're old tv's, it happens". We went back to the room, flame was out, nothing burned. We opened the windows for the night to air out the horrible toxic smell that we had to sleep with, along with an entire drum circle in the forest next to the window. No sleep and nothing to compensate for the lost night.
3 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
"Needs better quality control"
A nice hotel, with beautiful pond and fountain and landscaped grounds. However, little things could stand improvement. For example, the room had a coffee maker with coffee and creamers, etc., but no coffee cups. One of the two bath towels in the room contained a copious amount of blood left by a previous guest. Not an appetizing discovery. The large dining room, which was very attractive, drew only two parties besides ourselves during the dinner hour on a Saturday night. This may have been in part because of the limited menu, although our food was good. The included breakfast the following morning was excellent, and the dining room was very busy then.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Great location and large breakfast buffet with lots of choices. Beaverton has plenty of choices for food and bars without the drive to downtown
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Disappointed that jacuzzi was broken all four days of our stay.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Decent location, nice courtyard, and great breakfast.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
CAMERON
"Musky rooms, great breakfast"
very musky rooms but provided great service & tasty free breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
Had to get in late and leave early but room was clean and comfortable, and shower was great! Odd, old fashioned dark decor in rooms and dining area. Breakfast was buffet, but staff had to get coffee and clean up, so tip necessary. Location seemed a little sketchy in the dark when we arrived
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice place."
The room was big. They really need to upgrade to flat screen TVs. The old TV dates the property. Great restaurant and lounge attached.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Terrible service and run down facility"
The room was out dated and musty. The shower temperature could not be adjusted. The customer service was terrible.
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Nice medium range hotel"
We stayed here a week while looking for housing in the area. Nice, quiet area. Close to Beaverton Transit Center. Breakfast in the mornings was a nice touch. Our room was not especially clean, and the carpet was badly in need of deep steam cleaning. Bathroom was clean, but there were some signs of leaks from the plumbing under the linoleum floor.
6 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Jonathan
"Not good"
Horrible hotel. Crabby front desk help. Web access terrible.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
anthony
"Unexpected"
I was pleasantly surprised by a room upgrade. The room was great, as well as the service. I was just disappointed that none of the vending machines worked. And, the breakfast was also a little disappointing.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Less than 5 miles from downtown pdx& price"
The location & price is why I picked this hotel. During peak commute , not easy to return me to the hotel or back to airport . Big spacious clean room . Updated bedding , clean big bathroom. Maids failed to clean up used glasses & give me fresh towels. also door hardware seemed not very safe . Hard to get key in & took some jiggling to open. Also the entry to the buildings from pool or other entries were open some time locked other times . So for a single woman was a bit concerning.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Nice!"
It turned out to be a very nice hotel even though it was in the middle of a lot of car dealerships. Once inside the hotel, the room was very nice, T.V. was large and clear, and out our window was a beautifully landscaped pond area!
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Oregon trip"
Enjoyed every bit of this 2 nite stay. Free breakfast was great, room was very nice, good selections at happy hour bar, on site restaurant, parking. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Judy
"old hotel needing more work"
Upon entering our room the first night we were there we could smell a very musty and mildewy scent regardless of the air conditioning unit running at full capacity. I can only think that it was running in the hopes to diminish the smell and dampness. I was rather disappointed at how the room had been cleaned ... it was obvious that who ever had cleaned the room either didn't know what they were doing or neglected certain things. there was a stain on the bathroom wall ,the remote and the phone needed to be cleaned and the carpet felt dirty from under our feet when we took off our shoes.... after deciding to stay despite our disappointment we promptly got ready to settle down for the night . As we got into bed we noticed that the bed was rather shakey. thinking that it was just a fluke we tried to get into bed for the night. as I sat on the bed , it promptly collapsed out from under me, jarring me and scaring me. We called the front desk and reported the incident. Now , despite our frustration and the disappointing moments ,we were very impressed with how quickly the staff responded to the problems at hand. Eventhough we were given another room for the night , it too had problems. The air conditioning unit was leaking water onto the carpet ,which caused the room to smell of mildew and the water from the tap in the bathroom had a slight yellow color., Regardless of these things we did find that the linens were clean.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Love the location and setting"
Sent in a review but just in case it gets lost in the shuffle New bedding get rid of the old bedspreads fix the air conditioner paint and fix the deck very dangerous due to missing bolts put appropriate coffee mugs in room pay attention to the details the garden is beautiful bring the rest up to par
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
One night stay, great service great continental breakfast as well. Nice rooms little dated but everything perfect.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
JESSICA
"Great hotel!"
My sister and I stayed for a night while we were in Portland. The hotel was really nice, the room and bathroom had plenty of space. There is a restaurant in the hotel and they give complimentary breakfasts, which consisted of a delicious buffet! I would definitely stay here again! Friendly workers!
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Kristin
"Good service, quiet room."
Good servise as usual but the only thing i need to mention is they changed the breakfast style..i loved former style instead of buffet style.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
Kazuhiro
"A mixed bag"
Facilities very nice on the "courtyard" side of things. Meticulous grounds and pond with fountains a pleasant addition backdrop. Rooms spacious and well kept. Front desk staff not welcoming and very inefficient, creating unusually long waits whatever your need. Little effort to accommodate even when the problem was on their side of the desk. Buffet breakfasts ran smoothly and wait staff responsive. Evening dinner experience was just the opposite- slow even though not crowded, orders botched, we felt forgotten. Excuse was "problems in the kitchen tonight" but poor follow through all the way around.
4 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
roderick h
Love this hotel, not far from downtown, got free breakfast everyday(I mean real BF like eggs, bacons,sausages and pastry, unlimited), got swimming pool for kids. The room is clean but grandma style. The bed is great. The key room is huge and heavy. Nice small garden. My family love it.
Response by Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Portland/Beaverton
Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Beaverton and loving our beautiful hotel. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Needs a lot of improvement"
Our room was not ready at 5:30 pm. when we arrived, (check in was @4). We ate at the restaurant next door, not the best. We returned to check in, went to the room to find out it still was not clean and the faucet was running. It was supposed to be getting repaired before we could check in. We had driven 350 miles for my husband'S cancer treatment (every 2 weeks) and were exhausted. We were not offered any compensation. In fact, the manager was nowhere to be found.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Nina
The hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. The sliding doors from our room opened onto a large green area that included a large pond with fountain. We sat outside talking and enjoying the seclusion. Not all rooms have access to this part of the hotel, but, all rooms are probably fine for other reasons. The breakfast was complete and delicious. The hotel is built on a slope, something to keep in mind if stairs don't appeal to you. I don't recall if there are elevators on the property. The staff were all professional and friendly. We had a great time at this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
"I should have done my research"
This is an OLD hotel. We had spiders and mold in our tub. The bathroom door was filthy. The t.v. was a old 20" tube t.v. And the lampshades were faded and stained. The bed was comfortable.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Do Not Eat Here!"
On the good side: Staff was very friendly, room was large. On the bad side: Kinda in the middle of nowhere. Property definitely needs a revamp (tho landscaping is kinda nice). The only window in my room was a sliding door to a deck that was not private and therefore could not be left open. Room was musty. DO NOT EAT AT THE RESTAURANT. Service was slow...but worse I and one of my colleagues got food poisoning. Not pretty.
6 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
"I'd stay here again, Shilo Inn Beaverton"
The rooms in this hotel are getting a little tired, but it feels good value for the price. Location is not near anything by walk, but very convenient to downtown Beaverton by car. Hotel has lots of parking available. Fridge and microwave are there in the room for you too. Breakfast buffet is not huge, but if you like sausage and bacon, you'll love it and the complementary price is right. Got to mention that the breakfast staff was wonderful. It may be a somewhat limited buffet, but they really make you feel welcome.
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Carleton
"Nice but dated"
Nice but dated hotel. Bed was so hard I almost expected to be bruised the next day!! Great area of Portland and in a very quiet area. I think I paid to much for what we got. Court yard pond was great but you had to have a "view" room or your looking at a wall. Wouldn't stay again.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
gayle
"Overall A Good Stay"
Hotel staff was very polite and friendly. The hotel seems a little dated but the courtyard and surrounding area was beautiful. Room was clean enough, but nothing special really. My only complaint is that there was a tray of food left outside our room on the floor from previous guests. We let an employee know, yet it still sat there even after we checked out the next morning. That was disgusting.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Tina
"Nice hotel, close to shopping and medical center."
Nice and quiet. Excellent food at The Mark. Cute pool and fountain. Parking lot needs much work.
Response by Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Portland/Beaverton
Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and The Mark Restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Cathie
We were disappointed the hot tub was closed, but very happy the pool was warm. The restaurant was very good!
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Room comfort overcomes dated appearance"
First time in any Shilo Hotel and I would definitely use this hotel group again. While the hotel and room looked a bit dated, the comfort overcomes the appearance. The bed was firm (new?), the blockout shades worked perfectly, and the complex was quiet. The free breakfast was an added plus. Only negative for me is that shower head sits at about 5'8". As I am over 6', I had to duck to get water on head. When I wasn't careful, I hit my head on the soap rest at about the same height as the shower head. Neighborhood score reflects that it's on a major road; rooms are behind main building, however, so street noise is never a problem.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Dean
Wifi doesn't work... Ugh
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Kurt
"Needs remodel. BADLY"
Clean but way out of date! Jacuzzi was closed and looked like hair in the bottom of the pool.
Response by Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Portland/Beaverton
Thank you for your review. We hope to get a remodel soon and hope that when we do you will give us another try. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Room was outdated, but everything was comfortable and working, including the ac and ice machine. Staff was friendly and the comp breakfast was good and warm. Sadly our friends room on the otherside of the hotel caught fire in the early hours...so there was a bit of a spectacle. Fire was likely caused from the 2nd or 3rd story, someone smoking out the window...
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
krystal
"Not Worth the Price you pay!!!"
The hotel needs serious upgrade/renovation as you do not get what you pay for. They had just recently had a fire and we got stuck in the wing that the fire took place with very strong fire smells throughout the hall. The beds are very uncomfortable, and you only get to small usable pillows surrounded by decorative stiff and course pillows. The parking situation is quite chaotic and getting in and out of the property is difficult due to a very busy highway that the entrance is situated on. The pool was not very clean and was difficult to get to. The only somewhat positive aspect was the continental breakfast and the wait staff.
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015