All hotels in Evansville, Wyoming, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
    Bad pool
"it's good for a construction worker/ trucker!"
"Casper Lodging" was very hard to find....the sign said, "Shilo Inn" but was poorly blacked out. This is an old hote. The hallways were VERY dark, and an unusual smell filled the walkways. My room was next to the stairwell, and outside door, so my room was very noisy. On the other hand, my room was surprisingly clean. The sheets had small stains and cigarette burns on them....good thing I brought my own blankets and pillow!
Response by Casper Lodging
Dear Valued Guest, I cannot being to say how very sorry I am that your stay was not up to our normal standards. I apologize sincerely. As you may know our hotel is no longer the Shilo Inn and we are in the process of doing upgrades to our hotel in order to satisfy our customers more completely. I hope that you will choose us on a returning trip so that we can be given a chance to better serve you. Sincerely, Casper Lodge
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Scary, Dirty, Bad service"
Terrible. First room they gave us a key to was occupied (walked in on a trucker in bed!) Next room the door was open, TV on floor and a moving dolly sitting on the bed. When we got back to the desk, the receptionist cursed like a sailor. When we finally got into a room, the door handle was loose and the door didn't fit in the opening completely. The only saving grace to this place was the comfortable beds. As a woman traveling with two kids, I DO NOT recommend this place. Spend a few more bucks and stay somewhere else. This place is a dump.
Response by Casper Lodging
Dear Valued Guest, I appreciate you feed back and will do my best to insure that this will never happen to a customer again. As i am sure you know we are not the Shilo Inn anymore and are glad to inform you that we are doing a lot of upgrading to our hotel to better serve our customers. I hope you choose the Casper Lodge again so that we may have another chance to serve you. My deepest apologies again. Sincerely, Casper Lodge
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Nichole
"Run down needs remodel"
Pool was closed, room was clean but had a strange odor. Staff was friendly. Had a small old TV and half the limited channels had terrible reception. This is an older property and has recently changed hands . I really hope that this place gets a renovation.
Response by Casper Lodging
Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for leaving a review for us so that we might better serve our customers. Yes our property in on the older side but we have big things in store for 2015! We are in the middle of a remodel right now as we speak and I hope that you will return to us so that we can better serve you. Sincerely, Casper Lodge
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Average"
Above the below and below the upper
Response by Casper Lodging
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your star review! We always try to satisfy our customers and hope you will return to see our progress. Thank you again for staying! Sincerely, Casper Lodge
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Robeo
"The room was OK for the price."
The room was clean (checked for bed bugs). Location was near the Interstate and had an IHOP and two other restaurants near by and a gas station. What we didn't like was all the smoking around the entry doors. The hotel overall is supposed to be smoke free. How about making people stand at least 50 feet from the entry doors. Thanks.
Response by Casper Lodging
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. Every review gives us a chance to better ourselves and we strives to do better every day. We will make sure to take care of the smoking issue by the entry ways. I sincerely apologize and I hope you choose to stay with us again. Sincerely, Casper Lodge
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Would not recommend hotel to woman travelling alone. Too much alcohol and fights in the hallways. Down the hall from my room someone kicked down the door, the hotel staff had to replace the frame, door etc. The worker did a great job-looked better after he finished the work. The pool and spa area was not available. The lobby computer was not working. I did not feel safe at this hotel.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Dirty and shabby! Gross stains on the carpet and pieced together wallpaper! Never again...
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"location"
easy to find off the highway. nice place to stay on your way somewhere else :)
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
A-man
"Clean. Good night's sleep."
Nothing fancy. Clean comfortable. If you are driving a truck or pulling a trailer there is parking in the back but it has not obvious at first that it was there. I would stay again.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Rich
"Won't stay here again!"
Not clean! The hotel is in serious need of some attention! The hotel smelled like smoke. The halls looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in some time. The keys did not work correctly in the doors. The shower in one room hadn't been cleaned. The general public had access to the entire hotel 24/7, no secure exterior doors. When my concerns were brought to the attention of the person on duty, a sense of indifference was conveyed. Overall this was a terrible experience.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Van
"Run down but clean"
Shower head leaked around where it was screwed on. The exhaust fan sounded like a B 17 idling, Asked for a room with a fridge and on ground floor when I booked.... got neither. TV is and old maybe 19 inch model. This hotel is old and run down but kept clean. Not bad if you can handle a few defects and often about the cheapest in Casper , which is notorious for gouging prices year round. Staff is friendly.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Baits Motel!!"
The Shilo Inn is a scary place! I called to confirm my reservation 1 1/2 weeks before we arrived. When we arrived, they did not have us in the system at all, let alone we were charged a different price. The pool/hot tub/steam room has been down for several months. The room was filthy!!! Not to mention the locks on the bathroom door were on backwards....I prefer to not be locked in a bathroom! People would be safer sleeping in their cars on the interstate.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
For Casper, this is a cheap decent hotel. Hotels.com sells a 1 Queen for $64 night. Its a 2.5-3 star hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
"shilo inn sweet cabin like stay"
The room was fine, clean, nice towels. Parking area needed paving. Great location right outside Yellowstone East entrance by50 miles.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"Thoroughly grossed out!"
DISGUSTING! The hotel was overall unclean. The halls, the stairs, the guest laundry looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The showers have mold growing in the joints. One of the two rooms hadn't been cleaned prior to our arrival; we checked in at 10:30 at night. The keys did not work in the locks properly. I wouldn't let my dog sleep in this hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Van
"Find a different hotel if you can"
Run down hotel. Hallway was old creeky, wavey. Rooms were 60's, TV was ancient. Not many channels to watch. Train comes thru often and blows horn. Semi's right next door dropping trailers. Very loud 3am. Floors up above creaking from people walking around. Not a pleasant stay at all. One small bar soap. No shampoo. Almost out of TP. No frig. Would not stay there again. Could find a way better hotel for $5-$10 more a night and worth it too.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
"Old hotel still smells of smoke"
Morning desk clerk on june 2 was quite rude and condescending. When asked a couple of questions gave brusque answers. In a hurry to get outside and smoke i guess. Also bread would be nice to toast instead of just bagels.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Go somewhere else! Gross and smells! Not worth the money! Breakfast is nothing.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
"NO POOL"
They have been painting their pool for two years now, take it off their advertisement
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
"Your best bet in Casper"
You will pay much more elsewhere but you won't get very much more.
Other trip May 19, 2014
JS
"Nice hotel for the price."
Hotel is priced very reasonable. I think you get more than what you pay for, and our stay was reflective of that. The front desk person was super nice and that set the tone for our stay. We would stay here again. We skipped the continental breakfast and went to Ihop just down the road.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Hotel under construction"
I stayed there with my two year old daughter, pool is closed and the resteraunt staff is unfriendly and slow
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Cosy, convenient hotel."
Nice little hotel located right off the highway so easy access to other locations. Room was neat and clean and the bed comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pricing was very reasonable.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
Susan Ray
"You get what you pay for..."
It really wasn't a bad stay. The room was out dated, but it was clean. The room has a slight odor to it.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Missing elements"
Well the bed was the saggiest I can remember in a hotel. The TV was the smallest with the worst reception I can remember. No microwave, no little refridgerator. No little shampoo. The outer door to the main hallway said it was locked, but just pushed open.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"ok"
Was ok..indoor pool and hot tube was out of order which was no good..
4 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
Alicia
"Not very restful/Good restaurant"
The hotel wasn't bad but there were people up & down the hallways all night long which didn't allow for a restful night's sleep. The meal at the Mexican restaurant was very good, though!
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Good Very helpful and courtace, frendley
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Scottie
"Nice friendly service"
The only negative comment is the volume on tv is on the loudest setting possible. Annoying when you turn television on! Also volume is 10 on lowest volume control! Otherwise very enjoyable stay
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"Bed was old an uncomfortable"
Needs to be updated. I won't stay there again
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
"Sketchy"
The lighting throughout the hotel was very poor, which helped to cover up the questionable stains on the floors. I was very disappointed overall in almost every aspect of the hotel.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Mother/Daughter week-end"
As I checked in on the desk was a note that said "thank you for not smoking in this non smoking facility" I mentioned to the clerk how much that meant to me and then I asked her "why do I smell cigarette smoke" and she said - oh I just stepped outside and had one. On the webpage and on the notebook inside the room it said rooms had a refrigerator and a microwave - our room did not. The faucetts (sp) were hard to turn on and off. The carpets were dirty. Thanks for your help. Sandy Varney
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Good stay"
I have stayed here many times over the past 20 years. It is an older motel but good room for the price. Staff are always friendly and in a great location to get on and off the Interstate quickly. Close to the mall and plenty of shopping and restaurants.
1 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
Loranmo
The room was clean and well maintained for an older place. It was rather small to have two tables in it. It would have been nice to have a small refrigerator in it. The doors and locks are old and need to be replaced. We noticed that they were knuckle busters, and heard another patron complain about it also.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Not very good"
It was a very bad experience I will never stay there again
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
jamie
"Door Slammed all night long."
Don't get a room near an exit to the parking lot. I listened to it slam all night long
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
"Ok hotel for the price"
The Shilo is an older hotel. The room was clean. The tv was old and small but worked. The continental breakfast was very simple. The only complaint is the outside door was heavy and any time someone went in or out it slammed and we heard it in our room.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Daphne
"Review"
Needs updated badly. Shower provided an interesting exoerience of alternating hot and cold cycles.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Very Accommodating Staff!"
Front desk staff and maids were very friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were spotless and the bed was comfortable... not hard as a rock! Very quiet but close to city amenities. I stayed 4 nights, and this was one of the best motel experiences I've ever had. Thank you, Shilo Inn, Casper!!
4 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Kathie A.
"Horrible"
The hotel is very outdated. Being a decent price... to start, my wife booked this hotel for us to stay at on our way to our destination. She thought from the photos online that it looked ok and only booked it because it was a decent price AND had an indoor pool and hot tub. Trying to make the best of the outdated, uncomfortable hotel and room, we headed straight to the pool... which was closed! And after tax and the $14.99!!! movie rental BECAUSE the pool was closed, we spent almost as much as if we would have originally gone with one of the more expensive (but probably more comfortable) hotels in Casper. Location is convenient but basically we spent the same as a more expensive hotel for a really bad place to stay.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Never again"
The room was dirty, the temperature in the room couldn't be changed, the bathroom fan didn't work. It was the worst stay I have had in some time. My wife tried to talk me into another hotel but I said "this one is probably more comfortable". Boy was I wrong. I will not stay nor refer anyone else to stay there again.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Great hotel for the price"
The room was clean. There was plenty of room and the hotel staff was pleasant.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
Lu
"Beds were very comfortable, enjoyed the restuarant"
Would stay again, a total positive experience
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
"Hotel in Casper"
The room was clean, but the mattress on the bed was broken. It leaned to one side and had a dip in the mattress. Told the lady at the desk the next morning, but she didn't seem too concerned about it. Didn't even offer and discount or sorry about it.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Lala
"You get what ya pay for"
The hotel was adequate for a late night arrival and early morning departure. The hallways and rooms smelled old. Definitely in need of some updating and new carpet etc. The breakfast was very basic and nothing special. No real hot items unless you count toast.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Ok room for the price would stay there again
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
todd
was okay except for the night auditor, she was not happy having to take care of the cont. breakfast. very little coffee ready at 7:00- no plates or bowls for guest to use to prepare their breakfast and a bad attitude when asked about this. day shift people very freindly and helpful
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Okay for an overnighter"
This was easy to find, right off the highway. It is definitely dated and overall didn't feel terribly well kept up or clean. It was pretty quiet, but I wouldn't probably choose to stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
LJH
"Shilo Inn, near Casper WY"
Motel was ok. Nothing special. Older, well used facility
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Last hotel"
Last Hotel in Casper. Not great but better than expected. Ok for two nights. Clean
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2013