All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
461 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

• Value
    Room is all right
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"We were very surprised!"
Even though we stayed very close to the airport we were surprised it wasn't very noisy. You could here the planes take off but we only heard about 2 a day and it wasn't very loud. Hotel staff was very caring when someone was smoking they took care of it quickly. Breakfast was good and early enough to make it to work, 6am. My only suggestion would be to add a hose to the showers.
3 night business trip Nov 29, 2015
Close to airport with shuttle.
4 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Allen
I always stay here whether I'm flying out of state or just a fun weekend. They have great customer service. A shuttle service. Good breakfast with something for everyone. The price is perfect. Close to everything. I recommend it to all my friends.
2 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
Sheryl
Good breakfast. House keeping took my 6 bags to upstairs room, as no valet cart found (8:30 am). Had airport shuttle ready for 4:00am. No inroom fridge.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2016
"Needs help"
Food was awful, noisy, hallways filthy, ac didn't work, toilet barely drained
3 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Troy
"Horrible"
Wouldn't even let my friends and I in because I was the only one with a valid drivers license which was not explained to me over the phone when I called that that would be an issue. And they weren't going to let me pay in cash which is rediculous. And the room said we can have up to 5 people and I also asked about that when I called and they said yes that still applies so when we went to go check in they tried to charge me extra for ONLY having 4 people which doesn't make any sense. I would recomenned Quality Inn in Portland awesome service and rooms. Screw days inn!
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
"Recent stay"
The entry doors to the area our room was at did not work which made us walk along way. Also concerned me about fire safety. A lot of construction things in the hallways.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2015
"Hotel location."
My two-night stay was due to flight cancellations because of snow conditions. The young ladies at the desk, Wendy and Liz, were extremely nice and helpful, especially Liz, who went out of her way to pick up a meal for me at a nearby restaurant because I have trouble walking! All-in-all, a pleasant stay under stressful circumstances. The airport shuttle service, which I had to use three times, was very good.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2015
Anne
Bathroom was way too smalk
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
"Stay Away"
Sucked.....Shuttle service coming back from our travel was a nightmare...Ended up paying for a cab.....Never again will I stay at this Hotel
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2015
clifford
"OK"
OK
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2015
Not Provided
"Shopping Trip"
Nothing fancy,but served the purpose. Clean room and centrally located for shopping.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
"Room review"
We found the beds very uncomfortable. Pillows even worse. The actual price and stay was fair but the air conditioner did not work in our room and I roasted for two nights.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Suzette
"HIDDEN CHARGE"
AFTER STAY I WAS CHARGED $20.00 EACH ROOM. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THIS.
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2015
Keishuku
"Nice place no wake up call"
I was only there one night because I had an early flight out in the morning. I did ask for a 3:15am wake up call that was never received. Thankfully I woke up at 3:30 with my back up plan wake up call.
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2015
cynthia
"Is what it is"
Quick stop, nothing too special to mention
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
Patrick
"Our Stay"
The room was clean and spacious, the shower head was awesome with great water pressure, breakfast was good. The pool was on the cold side but still enjoyable.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Tracie
"disappointed"
Hotel under construction and very loud . Location to airport great.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"Worst hotel in South Portland"
This was the worst experience of my life. Our room was disgusting! The bathroom doorknob was broken and the window came off in my husband's hand when he went to open it. The room was tiny! The beds were so uncomfortable. Dont' get me started on breakfast! I watched the attendant take a plate full of "omelets" to the microwave and then transferred them to the warmer. They were disgusting!. When I tried to bring these things to the attention of the hotel staff, I was ignored and when I asked to talk to the manager, he pretended to be on his computer and ignored me. I checked out shortly after that and demanded my $ back (which they didn't give me). They were even more rude than before. This hotel experience almost ruined my family trip. We ended up going down the road to the holiday inn and that completely redeemed our weekend. One last thing, I was told by a reliable source that only weeks before our stay at Days Inn, there was an outbreak of bed bugs!!! TERRIBLE HOTEL PLEASE DONT STAY THERE!!!!!
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
Nicole
"Hotel under construction"
It would have been nice to know the hotel was under construction. It felt as if the rooms had been ignored for years. Peeling wall paper, mildew in bathroom. Looked as if behind bathroom door had never been cleaned. Shower curtain was so long it stretched across tub floor. However in contrast to that the staff was remarkable. Easy going, helpful, smiling, they felt like friends rather than inn keepers. AND breakfast was great.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
"Convenient to Portland ME airport"
This hotel is definetly for the budget minded. The Continental breakfast was below average. But the location is good if you are on your way to or from the airport.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Under construction which wasn't known, made the stay a bit inconvenient but staff seemed friendly.
3 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
"room smelled . breakfast bad!!"
some person was complaining about the bed bugs when we arrived .the room smelled. they were working on the sideing right outside our room window . the breakfast was terrible . . the room was so noisy you couldn't hear the TV . the only thing that would be worse would be sleeping on the sidewalk
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
"10/17/15 -- Days Inn Airport in South Portland"
This stay was strictly a stop over on way west. Only needed a bed and a shower. Did not need local accoutraments. The rate was high for the accomodation quality & features, but priced competitively for the area and convenience for only an 8 hour stayover. Beds were comfortabile & well made. Room was clean. Bathroom was extremely small and having a separate wash basin outside the shower area is never good. This too was extremenly small. Staff was very courteous and polite. Parking terrible situation. Lot was full at 11p.m. and we were told not to park in the 10 "reserved for registering guests" places. Why they need that many open spots at 11 p.m. is next to silly. We worked it out with the desk staff & parked there anyway as we were out before 7 a.m. Management needs to be more flexible. I would stay there again as an in-transit traveler.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Jonathan G.
"Great Stopover Location!"
This was a good stopover for us. Nice and clean!
1 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2015
"outrages price"
dont come
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"We were satisfied with the room and the breakfast"
nothing negative to say except forr renovations that were made when we were there...but without much disturbance to us.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Bert.
Overpriced for a low rent hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Dennis
"Weekend getaway!"
Easy check in and out. Comfortable room. Very quiet
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
Friendly staff.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Close to airport."
Not the best but not the worst. Needs some fix up but registering personnel wwas great.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Dianne
Room was clean. We only stayed the night. No problems.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
Rosann
"In need of major repairs and updates"
Torn carpets. Dirty grout in bathroom. Couldn't see out the window at all. Paint peeling away from the window trim. The only plus were the beds/linens seemed to be clean.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
Price is too expense for this motel, not worth it!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Alan
Hotel seemed to be a little rough as far as fixtures. Lamp did not work, coffee maker kept shutting off, tub scratched, linens were fine though.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Victor
"A good basic hotel."
Location was close to the airport. Renovation was in progress.
1 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Everything was as it should have been. The 24 hour airport shuttle was great, since we had a 6 A M. departure. We have stayed here before, and will sty again!
1 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
Donald
"Reasonable find in the Portland ME area"
We have stayed here for a number of years and it was nice to see that the owners are working to update the facility...including the fact that they are going green and installing solar panels. The rooms are kept clean and in good condition...though a new coat of paint would be nice (may be part of the total renovations.) Their breakfast is very nice...with eggs, freshly cooked waffles as well as standard fare.
5 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Sandra
"Noisy"
Pro: close to airport. Cons: thin walls and crazy hotel layout.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
our room smelled like a cigarette, kept the window open all weekend, did not help at all. the door looked like it had been kicked in,with the lock feeling loose. the main doors were unlocked all the time, anybody could have walked right in. will not stay at this hotel again.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
elizabeth
"Whoops"
The room that we were assigned to (on the first floor) had mold and mildew in the bathroom. I have allergies to mold and mildew and within an hour I could hardly breathe. I went to the front desk and talked to Grace about the problem. She was extremely sorry about my problem and moved us to a second floor room which was just fine.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Judith
"Quick trip"
One night stay and suited our purposes but the continental breakfast was not very good considering the size of the hotel. Omelets were microwaved out in the open and not many other selections for food. Hotel was otherwise OK.
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
"Budget Hotel near Portland Airport"
We chose this Day's Inn because they have shuttle service to the airport every 30 minutes. It's an older property that may be going through some renovation. Room was comfortable, but there is no mini-frig or microwave, if that is a requirement. It is conveniently across the street from a large shopping mall area.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Unpretentious airport hotel."
Just the ticket for one-night stay for 0dark30 departure to the airport. Wake-up calls reliable x2. Did not ask about it, but impressive array of solar panels on the roof. Good value for money.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
L S
"Decent, but"
The staff was very helpful and nice, but the manager was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. Needs serious renovation. Blow dryer did not work in advance of important business meeting.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
"Praise for Days"
My experience at Days Inn was better than I expected. Although we only stayed one night, the service was both prompt and courteous. Much to our surprise, were even afforded a "pet friendly" room, which only enhanced the pleasure of our stay. Strongly recommended! I will surely be coming back!
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Got a room on 2nd floor - it was very quiet. Difficult to find your way around but still a good stay. However, my friend had trouble with big flies coming through the window (must have been a hole somewhere. I would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Somewhat dingy place."
Not what I am use to in my previous Days Inn experiences, although I can't remember when I last stayed in a Days Inn. It was a dingy, very well used room. In the morning I had no hot water to shower and had to wait an hour for them to get hot water going to my room....luckily I was not in a hurry. I wouldn't stay here again. Drove by a Hilton Garden Hotel on my way to this one and now wish I had stayed there.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"Meh"
Indifferent staff. Exterior door B didn't close causing security concern. Room outlets didn't have face plates. But generally clean.
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
NO HOT WATER. A TYPICAL PATEL RUN FACILITY. CHEAP. GET AMERICANS TO OPERATE THESE MOTELS
Other trip Sep 20, 2015