All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
461 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Came in after a little disaster"
We came in the day after a water main had broken down the street. Don't know if that was the cause of our dilemma the next morning when we had no hot water. It went from cold to luke warm to cold. The staff at the desk tried to search out the problem without success (she can't be expected to know plumbing and heating), but did offer us the key to a room down the hall which had hot water. All the staff is pleasant and helpful. We did notice that they are refurbishing the hallway in the lobby section and there was some plaster left on the carpet where the old had been removed earlier. The bed is great, the room was clean and for $55.00, we can't really complain. This is the first time we've had a glitch like this at the Inn.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Respite heading South"
Just a quick overnight stay to get some shut eye. Very noisy with interstate traffic and a restaurant in same parking lot. Also wasn't pleased that the hotel charged an extra $20.for nothing!
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Daryl
"comfortable nights sleep"
After a long drive back from NYC, this was a stop on the way home. Last minute booking. The hotel staff was soooo accomodating. They went out of their way to make me comfortable and meet my needs. They even extended the check out time until noon from eleven since I had arrived after eleven p.m. There was a little difficulty with the wifi, but the staff took care of it in a timely manner. I would definitely stay there again. I wouldn't plan on it for a vacation get away unless I was only using it as a place to sleep. The hotel does have a pool and is near shopping and restaraunts. Comfortable and clean rooms are a plus with me and the room met my needs.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2015
I had a great time employees treated me the best
1 night trip Apr 10, 2015
gballa
"The couple next door sure enjoyed it!"
It was just a one night stay to be close to the airport for an early am flight, so it was adequate for my needs. Apparently there is little to know sound insulation in the walls, but the couple next door sure enjoyed their stay.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Buckeye Lost
"great stay."
Beds were so comfortable and the bedding also. Loved it and slept so well. Only thing I didn't like was no fridge and no microwave. I didn't ask if I could get one but I probably could have. My kids loved it. The breakfast was good and they loved swimming. The pool was just the right size for my 7 & 11 year olds. Also the motel was so close to everything. Thank you.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
TABITHA
"excellent"
It was short,but I enjoyed the hotel,nice staff
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
Dennis
"Nice hotel for location"
Stay was very nice except for the room being to hot and not being able to turn down heat except to open window (we where on first floor)
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Budget Convenience"
One night stop for business in Portland. Convenient shuttle service and helpful desk agents.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Older hotel, in need of repairs and cleaning. Breakfast was not appealing, very few selections
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
I had a good experience. Nice room, quiet, friendly staff.
ueenie
"its ok"
got there checked in went to get dinner then back to days inn
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
gerard
"Nice hotel at a low price"
Stayed three nights. Have been here before. Good for the money. Hotel provides free shuttle to airport and Portland Transportation Center.
3 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Good clean room very comfy and good service
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Bruce
"too crampy"
Rooms and pool were too small. At the time of the swim ... two families were swimming and no room to enjoy my family. Room was too stuffy.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
"Near to airport and 24/7 shuttle service ."
Very helpful people at front desk. Very helpful fellows on park and fly shuttle
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Pleasant start to vacation."
Had a very early flight out of PMW spent a restful night and complimentary transport to airport.
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
"Cheap and waste explain it all."
I got this room because it was very close to the function I was attending. At first glance it was "alright". Staff at check in was very pleasant. The problems began once I came back to get settled for the night. First, the guest across the hall from me was VERY loud. He kept his door open the entire night. My door was not aligned properly and the gaps allowed ALL hallway sounds to travel into my room. I tried to call the front desk several times, but no one answered. I went outside since I couldn't sleep and noticed a sign that said door is locked between 12:00-6:00am so I needed to use the main lobby as an entrance/exit. (My room was straight ahead from the stairs and door) I walked the entire length of the second floor then the first floor to exit. Come to find out, they stopped locking the doors because there was an increase in smoking inside the rooms. Gee, thanks for informing me earlier. I was never able to sleep thanks to the noisy guest. In the morning, I took a shower. Paint chips... YES, PAINT fell all through my hair and I never noticed until I looked in the mirror. I went back in the bathroom and saw that every wall in the bathroom was peeling and flaking. I went to blow dry my hair. The outlet at the mirror did not work. So I had to do my hair across the room. Time for make-up. The lighting was so poor at the mirror, I could barely see what I was doing. I should have saved money and slept in the car. What a waste. Will NOT be returning there again.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Crystal
"Great place for the price!"
This is the best place to stay for the price. It is an older hotel but I know they are working on updating it. The staff is friendly and they have a free continental breakfast. Will stay there again
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Need better pillows"
Hotel needs a little updating: carpet and bathroom. Halls and rooms are a bit stuffy. Pillows were too hard, should have brought my own. Breakfast was good, staff were very helpful and efficient. Need bigger parking lot. I took the last space near the door. The door letter was half worn off, hard to see. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good value for the $$"
Accomodations were very good and consistent with the price. The hotel has plenty of amenities including a gym and pool. Plenty of great restaurants close by. Very good value.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2015
"No hot water."
For the price, hotel is clean and front desk very friendly. Pillows are funky as in lumpy. Vacuums going in hall way too earley. No hot water was a drag at 10am.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"1 night stay"
1 night stay only in room long enough to sleep
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
"Our stay in portland"
Every thing was fine.The room was clean and comfortable. We also had a very good breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Keith
"Portland stay"
They had a great location. Hotel staff friendly. Breakfast was great with choices.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Patti
"Great Value"
Friendly staff. Hot food at breakfast. Basic, standard, decent, GREAT PRICE.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Connie
"not enough breakfast"
Not enough breakfast items. We were there in the second hour and they were all out of most items. No oatmeal, low fat milk, fruit, cereal, pastries and muffins.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"vacation"
took kids on vacation they had a good time exspecially at the pool
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
Carla
"Nice room, people, and location"
The room was clean and comfortable the staff was kind and helpful and there was a Chili's right next-door which made for a nice nightcap.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Stefanie
"Close to airport"
Great price and close to airport! Staff is friendly restaurants close by
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
This hotel was good for a brief one-night stay, but I wouldn't want to stay there long-term. It only has the bare essentials.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"All in all great"
we have trouble getting on the internet whenever we stay that is why the overall experience is lower. We feel we get the best value for our money when we stay at Days Inn. We stay whenever we have things to do in Portland area such as going to the airport or just shopping, it is central location. I do miss the hot tub (spa) but do understand that they are a lot of work
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Deposit beyond room charge...just because young?"
Even though the room was paid in full in advance, the hotel required a $100 deposit in addition to the bill. Was this only because the guest was young? Upon checkout, the deposit was not returned to the debit card. A call was made 4 hours later, and even though there were no complaints about the condition the room was left, staff STILL refused to credit the $100 back to the card. The guest had to complain two days later to the credit card company to get the charge finally reversed. Would they treat an older guest the same? This was totally unacceptable.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Thank You."
Very comfortable.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Ruby
"Good enough for the price!"
We found that the indoor swimming pool as well as many vending/soda/snack machines were out of order.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Adjacent to the Maine Mall"
Got to the room late, due to snowstorm. Staff was all set for us to arrive. Nice room, but a bit dated.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice clean hotel close to shops and meetings."
Staff were great, exercise room nice, room clean, and it was quiet. Beds comfy, temperature fine, and it suited my needs perfectly.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Bruce
This hotel was fine for the inexpensive price but needs updated. My shower went hot and cold and I couldn't keep the temp consistent. We were woke up every morning by the housekeepers vacuuming
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
kim h
"Reasonable, safe room."
Hotel has made upgrades since we last stayed there. Comfortable for a night before an early flight with breakfast. Also had reasonable daily parking rate.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"Enjoyed it ,very nice dest people were really grea"
I would recommend this hotel, very clean , beds were nice and soft
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
pat
"Convenient to city of Portland"
The facilities could use a facelift (fresh paint etc.) but it was clean and comfortable
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Close to the Maine Mall, Cabella's."
Easy to find and get to, overall we were satisfied with our room and everything worked. The staff was courteous and the complimentary breakfast was OK. We will stay there again in the future. Note...I found that the price was cheaper at the hotel, as I had reserved on-line but at the desk the actual price was about $10 cheaper.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Jan
"Good value, will stay here again."
This was a very good value and I will stay here again. It was newly renovated so it was very clean and fresh. If you want to be near the airport and/or mall shopping it is perfect and downtown Portland is an easy 10 minute drive. There was a problem with my TV and they sent maintenance up immediately. the breakfast was terrible but I don't stay at a Days Inn for the breakfast.
2 night trip Jan 11, 2015
Karyn
"Shuttle off to Southwest"
Everything fine, but would have enjoyed the ability to have more than one cup of coffee each before we left. Maybe two packets in the room would suffice.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
thomas
"Clean and a good value."
This was a very nice hotel for it's price range and I will stay there again. It was newly renovated so it was very clean with fresh furnishings. Delia at the front desk was FANTASTIC! but not all the front desk workers were as accommodating. The breakfast was AWFUL! worse than the typical "continental" breakfast such hotels usually have, but I don't stay at a Days Inn for the breakfast. Overall it was a nice place to stay.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
Karyn
"Close to the mall was great for the price."
Beds too small. Walls to thin if you can't talk without being disturbing. When it get a shower before leaving and having no hot water. Breakfast was a joke head to i hop the second morning.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Kylie
"Warm, quiet, peaceful"
I would definetly come back. We enjoyed our family winter get away. The beds were comfortable and my first expectation of a hotel is cleanliness and they definetly hit that. Very impressed.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
kim
"Business trip"
quickly planned business trip=great rate for the area.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
Hilda
"Ehh. Good enough. No complaints."
one night stay