All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
230 E 51st St, New York, NY, 10022, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great value in a great location"
located in Mid-town Manhattan, this was a great place to stay. Easy walking to all the best things to see and do and close to an MTA stop for access to all NYC.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Jeffery
"Quiet room and great location!"
Very small rooms, but great location, and very quiet. We will definitely look into staying there again for our next trip.
5 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Rosemarie
"Very pleased"
Great value, yet still with a hip vibe and comfortable room. I plan to return again.
3 night business trip May 29, 2015
Cori
"Small and hip"
Small rooms but clean and comfortable. The only negative is they seem to cater to very young crowd. All things equal, would choose another place not so "hip." I don't need diagrams on the back of the door showing how to have "fun" on the bed.
3 night trip May 22, 2015
"Comfortable for a short stay."
A pleasant and comfortable stay overall.
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Decent"
Very clean room in a great neighborhood. Just the room was really small like a jail cell. The TV was really small no ice machine no refrigerator and you have to share a bathroom with a whole floor. Other than that I had a decent stay.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
"CLEAN"
Nice modern vibe. Super clean and room was not super tiny.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Aaron
"good for young people"
a bit noisy. strange smell from bed sheet and pillows but reasonable price to stay in nyc for young people.
1 night trip May 29, 2015
"city center"
hotel is well located in city center, walking distance to time square. Its a little bit small but comfortable. Overpriced for my taste but was the las minute option for me.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Solid for business trip"
Solid. Clean.
3 night business trip May 25, 2015
"Two thumbs up!"
I have stayed at the pod hotel many times. The location is great! It's a quiet area but all you have to do is turn the corner and there's restaurants and bars. The hotel is in walking distance to Times Square and Rockefeller center. I highly recommend the pod hotel to my friends and family when they visit NYC.
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
Ashley
"just like it looks"
It was exactly like the pictures. the room was small but comfortable and clean.
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
Philip
"Pretty good stay"
Stay was good. Although the bathroom was very tiny and didn't offer a lot of privacy, the room was more than decent, and I liked the hotel decor. Lots of outlets, and the free wireless was a plus.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Alberto
"Funky Hotel"
Was amazed that the room available for my stay was the 'double with a balcony' I would defiantly come back and stay at this funky hotel!
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Adrian
"It's a POD!"
If you know what to expect, Pod 51 can be a fun place to stay. However, note that they call it Pod for a reason. I had inadvertently booked a room that was about 6' wide by 12' long with 2 bunk beds, a small desk, and a small sink... that's it. Bathroom was in the hall. That said, it proved to be cozy and clean. I never had an issue getting one of the 2 bathrooms when needed. The roof deck was a nice place to have a beer and break open the laptop. I would stay again but would request a room with an ensuite bath.
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
"Cute, but shared bathrooms"
The hotel is in good location, clean, staff helpful. Just KNOW it has shared bathrooms. Not something I normally check for in the description.
2 night business trip May 18, 2015
"nice place"
Nice small room. Friendly helpful staff. Second stay at this pod. A bit noisy since there was a window a/c unit in that doesn't block out the street noise. Make sure you get a room with the bathroom attached vice down the hall. It isn't the 70's anymore.
1 night trip May 16, 2015
anthony
"Will go again."
Will stay there again - nice hotel, quiet, with a lot of different attractions easily accessible.
2 night business trip May 18, 2015
"only one soap and shampoo !!! bad room cleaning"
For a US people are too small maybe for european are OK , do not disturb and open the door !!!!!
3 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Carlos
"worth it"
i was concerned about staying here because I had read some negative reviews. However we loved the hotel. It was close to where we needed to go, close to a wide variety of restaurants and the subway. We found everything to be clean and comfortable. Will stay again
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
"Perfect for a place to sleep for cheap in NYC"
Just needed a place to stay for the night. Super cute room. I'd stay there again.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Never again"
Very unpleasant experience. It was not advertised that bathroom is shared. Also rooms are tiny
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
Dmitry
"priced correctly"
Great location, hotel interior modern and functional.
6 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"A Pod Above"
VERY CLEAN...shared bathroom set up was the most 'un-shared' experience I've had in the city...bravo on creating an intimate clean water closet that felt like my wet footprints were the only ones in there...staff was great, too...as the city Pod hotels go, this one is superior...this is the future of small shared hotel space with a personal feel Travelin' Tom
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
thomas
"We All Stay In a Yellow Submarine"
I stayed a night in a submarine.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"good space just a lil small"
went for a get away and meet my girlfriend
1 night trip May 8, 2015
Bishear
"safe neighborhood & convenient"
This pod is perfect for singles who need a bed in NY in a safe neighborhood. Right off 2nd Avenue with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. Will go back again and again.
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
Mary M
"Great NYC location at an affordable price."
Great location for a great price. I was looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay at in NYC. I was a bit skeptical about not having a private bath in the room. There were 4 shared bathrooms on the floor and I never had to wait to use one. Room was very clean and quiet. Would stay there again in the future.
2 night trip with friends May 5, 2015
"Do Not Waste Your Money"
Room Was to small and had an unpleasant smell Asked for another room however "nothing" was available. Front Desk girl gave me attitude while telling me another room was not available.
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Anthony
"If IKEA were in the hotel business..."
Could not recommend enough - by far the best hotel I've stayed in, New York or otherwise. Impeccably clean with a fun personality, and exceedingly comfortable for a room approximately the size (and look) of an IKEA floor model. Located in an area with a lot of foot traffic and a reasonable walk from a handful of subway stations, POD 51 is a great choice for a trip of any length. Weather permitting, there's even the additional perk of Greenacre Park across the street, which is a quiet place to relax on a nice day.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Christa
"Just the right size"
My room was the perfect size. I don't typically spend much time in the hotel room - especially when in NYC! This was a business trip and I used the in-room desk and rooftop deck to get work done. Both were adequate and the wifi connection was excellent.
3 night business trip May 7, 2015
"One day in NYC"
Very good service. Great staff, specially Mr. Luis.
1 night trip May 6, 2015
Marcelo
"A conventient stay"
I needed somewhere relatively affordable and clean to stay in the city. Pod 51 provided this. If you are looking for a luxe stay, this isnt it but if you are looking for somewhere to leave your bags during the day and sleep at night, this the place for you. Conveniently located a stones throw away from the 6 metro stop and a 10 minute walk from Grand Central. If you can, get the double room with a private bathroom. It's comfortable for 1 but may be a little crowded for 2 unless you are comfortable being in each others' space.
3 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Great hotel, great price, great neighborhood."
I love the Pod hotels and recommend them without reservation. Pod 51 is an easy walk to Grand Central (where you can get a cheap shuttle to LGA) and the neighborhood offers a huge range of options for that final drink of the evening with friends.
3 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Great valuale"
Business trip, didn't need a lot of amenities. Bed was all I needed amd it was absolutely fine, and the room adequate. Would have been a little nicer if the chair to the desk was more comfortable.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
Thom
"Bigger than you think"
Our room with the Queen bed was much larger than the reviews led us to believe. It was very clean, comfortable and functional.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"European straightforward chic"
Loved it. Simple, streamlined, low impact. Great.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2015
Charlotte
"nice budget hotel for exploring NY"
we missed our flight and stayed one night here...
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
Great place to stay! Right next to subway with easy access all over the city and in a good neighborhood. The room was NY/European small, nicely designed with lots of storage. Breakfast at the hotel was very reasonably priced and fresh. Will absolutely stay here on my next trip.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Joanne
It was nice everything close by loved it
1 night trip Mar 30, 2015
Kyle
"Clean but noisy clientele"
Just ok... Tends to have a noisy clientele
1 night business trip Mar 28, 2015
"So So..."
For what I needed it it was great. Unfortunately I did not receive the room I booked and the guy at the front desk was just like yeah that unfortunate sorry this is all we have even though I paid extra for a room with a private bath. Besides the rude/useless person at the front desk, my stay was well.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Suriel
"Not impressed to say the least."
2 people should never be put into SOOOOO tiny a room even if you want to call yourself a pod. Ridiculously inefficient sink, stupid non space for a chair & desk top & tiresome having to climb over your roommate to get to your side of the bed. Claustrophobic.
3 night business trip May 2, 2015
Johanna
"Great Place!"
I love love love Pod 51! I just wish the restaurant wasn't in renovation mode.
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
Matrika
"Be careful booking this hotel"
Be careful booking this hotel. Apparently there are 2 of them and I booked it based on their advertising a roof top cafe and bar. They don't have one at this location. The room was tiny, the bathroom hardly even big enough for one person. Noisy and claustrophobic room.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Caroline
"Small but great!"
The hotel is better that what I expected. Clean room, Small, but it was explained before I reserved
3 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Short stay in NYC"
Visiting colleges with my son over spring break. This was perfect for us. The cafe had quality light snacks and beverages. Nice neighborhood with plenty of restaurants but not too noisy. The son was not to keen on the shared bathroom but I didn't have a problem, you just have to plan your activity there (I am brushing my teeth, I am showering, I am peeing etc.) and then equip yourself accordingly.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Miow
"Hotel for post conference site seeing."
Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a conference. Low cost, small room, shared bathroom (with great shower). Efficient space in my room, nice tv, good wireless, very clean. Comfortable single bed in my room. Shower in shared bathroom was fun - multiple jets. Nice cafe in the lobby with craft beer. Good restaurants nearby and close to subway. Rooftop patio was a nice place to rest, eat or drink. I would stay here again. I saw couples and families staying there. Felt very safe and very comfortable. They offer free walking tours every day and arranged for a reasonably priced limo to the airport for me.
3 night trip Apr 23, 2015
Boyd
"closet space"
For 200+ dollars a night I was very dissatisfied. The rooms were too small. the narrow halls made it difficult to ignore the traffic of opening and shutting doors. Don't get me started on the arguments you are actually apart of while you sit in your closed and locked room. This closet was not worth 200 dollars.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Nice, clean affordable hotel close to subway"
Easy check in, clean room close to lots of restaurants and bars. Easy access to subway too
Other trip Apr 28, 2015