All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
230 E 51st St, New York, NY, 10022, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"So So..."
For what I needed it it was great. Unfortunately I did not receive the room I booked and the guy at the front desk was just like yeah that unfortunate sorry this is all we have even though I paid extra for a room with a private bath. Besides the rude/useless person at the front desk, my stay was well.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Suriel
"Not impressed to say the least."
2 people should never be put into SOOOOO tiny a room even if you want to call yourself a pod. Ridiculously inefficient sink, stupid non space for a chair & desk top & tiresome having to climb over your roommate to get to your side of the bed. Claustrophobic.
3 night business trip May 2, 2015
Johanna
"Great Place!"
I love love love Pod 51! I just wish the restaurant wasn't in renovation mode.
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
Matrika
"Be careful booking this hotel"
Be careful booking this hotel. Apparently there are 2 of them and I booked it based on their advertising a roof top cafe and bar. They don't have one at this location. The room was tiny, the bathroom hardly even big enough for one person. Noisy and claustrophobic room.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Caroline
"Small but great!"
The hotel is better that what I expected. Clean room, Small, but it was explained before I reserved
3 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Hotel for post conference site seeing."
Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a conference. Low cost, small room, shared bathroom (with great shower). Efficient space in my room, nice tv, good wireless, very clean. Comfortable single bed in my room. Shower in shared bathroom was fun - multiple jets. Nice cafe in the lobby with craft beer. Good restaurants nearby and close to subway. Rooftop patio was a nice place to rest, eat or drink. I would stay here again. I saw couples and families staying there. Felt very safe and very comfortable. They offer free walking tours every day and arranged for a reasonably priced limo to the airport for me.
3 night trip Apr 23, 2015
Boyd
"closet space"
For 200+ dollars a night I was very dissatisfied. The rooms were too small. the narrow halls made it difficult to ignore the traffic of opening and shutting doors. Don't get me started on the arguments you are actually apart of while you sit in your closed and locked room. This closet was not worth 200 dollars.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"NYC day trip"
Great small room for me and my 2 kids. Clean room and spacious for central NYC. Friendly helpful staff. Easy walk everywhere.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Anthony
"A great little secret"
Went to see AIPAD, the photography show at the Park Ave. Armory. Stayed in POD51 and loved it. It was very,very clean,hip, efficient, in a great neighborhood and close to everything. A great French restaurant right next door and 2 blocksto the train.
3 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Marilyn
"Better than expected!"
This fit the bill perfectly for a one night NYC get away. Cannot beat the price for the location!! The small room was perfectly adequate for my one night and was impressed with the cleanliness and chic-ness of the property. Small does not mean dirty or ugly!! And as a bonus, I chose a bunk room, and found the top bunk experience to be fun! :) P.S. Great, free wireless as well. Will be back!!
1 night trip Apr 23, 2015
"Can't think of a Title"
"Pod" is an appropriate name for these tiny rooms, nothing you could really hang out in, but fine for catching some sleep for a few days exploring the city. For the location (midtown--5 min walk to Rock Center and easy subway access) and price, it's a great value. There's also a delicious Thai restaurant on the same block. Only complaint was our room smelled like smoke when we checked in.
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Tiffany
"NOT FOR FAMILY = FOR YOUNG PEOPLE - LOVED"
My friend and I are from Brazil and we just LOVED everything there. The neighborhood is good, is close to subway, have good places do eat around there and Starbucks just 5 min away. The best part is the rooftop, is amazing. The hotel is really cool for young people. You have to share the bathroom but for me wasn't a problem, everything is clean and comfortable. The room is pretty small but we had a great time there. Not for family's, I just recommend for single, couples, or friends who just want to spend a great time in the city and need a place to stay.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Leticia
"Price and location cannot be beat"
Review is for a 4-night stay in their cheapest room (on the 2nd floor facing the street) between April 18th-23rd 2015 Pros: -Great location -Price: we paid $162.50 after taxes and fees for Sat-Tue in April. Could not find a decent hotel for less than $200/night anywhere else in Manhattan when we looked and finding a decent hotel in Midtown was going to run $250-300/night during this time -Sink in room -Free wifi: fast and reliable (~4mbps) -Friendly staff Cons: -Shared bathrooms (toilets and showers) but they are pretty clean. There are four bathrooms per floor I believe, and around 10-15 rooms per floor. We had absolutely zero issues with the bathrooms being occupied when we needed to use them, even at "peak" hours. -Tiny ~50sq ft rooms -Bunk beds for the cheapest room -No ironing board, fridge or microwave -Loud: we could hear conversations on the street since we were on the 2nd floor facing the street. We could also hear conversations from people passing by and activity from our neighbors including playing of loud music @ 1am on a Saturday night and even an argument on one of the nights. Just slightly annoying while we were up but a non-issue for sleeping since I had ear plugs in. -Cleanliness inside room: carpet didn't feel that clean to us. Walls were a bit dirty as well and the blankets and sheets aren't the nicest (though they are clean)
4 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Vincent
"Minipleasure, amtrak room in Manhattan"
Miniroom without WC, for 160 S . In Manhattan, yes, and with nice hall.
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
"not happy"
i showed up at 10pm after a long day of work and had to wait hours to be checked in because they were having system issues. Didn't get checked in till after 1am and had an early business meeting. Not happy
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Maria
"Close to everything"
This was my first time visiting NYC and didn't know which hotel to stay at until I found this one. Great location, walking distance from Time Square, The Cathedral, Central Park, Radio City, SO much more, and there are so many great delicious restaurants to eat around the hotel. The hotel was very clean and comforting.
4 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
Caro
"OK for business, will stay again."
Good for the price, no major complains, room is very small but I guess that is NY for you. Nice restaurant/cafe on the first floor.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"Small rooms"
The rooms and setup of the room are very small
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"Pod 51"
The room was extremely clean, but this is the US equivalent of a capsule hotel. They do an excellent job with what they have, but the size of the rooms gives new meaning to the phrase, "A hotel is just a place to sleep."
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Location is perfect! For example Access to subway,restaurants,river side,super market e museums etc...
7 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Atsuko
"Caveat emptor: 90 sq ft, shared bathroom"
This hotel is true to its name. The rooms are the size of a pod. I booked it in New York City as it was a 3 star rating and was less expensive than other 3-star hotels and on the upper east side. This room turned out to have a shared bath and was 90 square feet. How is that a three start hotel? At the front desk, I was able to upgrade to a room with its own bath, but that was an additional $80 per night. The room was tiny and the regulation of neither the room temperature nor the water temperature were not possible. The room was tiny -- essentially a dorm room .
5 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
"THANKS"
I've been in chicago for the same amount of time before and recieved a queen bed & two bathrooms at the top floor of the Hilton last year for the same price that I recieved a twin bed without a bathroom in New York this year.
3 night trip Mar 26, 2015
Salvatore
"My latest greatest discovery"
Pod51 is my latest greatest discovery. I brought my daughter to NYC to tour colleges, and decided to try the "hybrid hotel-hostel" route to get in the spirit of a college kid's budget! Pod51 exceeded my expectations. I didn't know how I would feel about sharing a bathroom with other guests, but when I saw that there were 4 full baths on my floor, I was relieved. We never had to wait for a bathroom. The small sink in the rooms is nice for brushing teeth, washing face, etc. We had the bunk room and I was so impressed with how efficiently it was designed. Our neighbors were a little noisy, but oh well. I loved the international nature of the guests. The concierges are EXCEPTIONAL, and I like the open set -up. Loved the rooftop access.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"Recent stay in New York"
Great place for a great price! Will definitely be going back if I make another trip to New York.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Brittany
"Pokey but perfectly good"
This place was perfect for those looking to save a few dollars, but get a decent room, great shower, a comfortable bed and friendly staff. The room size freaks you out initially with how small it is but if you're travelling alone and dont hang-out in your room, its perfectly adequate. Definitely wouldn't recommend standard room for couples because I dont think 2 people could physically stand in the same room, but for the solo traveller it was great.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Courtney
"Good located Hotel..."
Perfect located to go around in NYC. Nice Bars and Restaurants nearby. Small Rooms (really cool - but if somebody wants to have a normal Standard size - wrong Hotel). We would choose the Hotel again...
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Convenient location in a nice residential area."
Very nice staff, accommodating and informative. Shared bathroom just ok, not so good if you go into bathroom after someone else. I would get a private bath on my next visit... More $$ but worth the convenience and cleanliness.
Cici
"Acceptable for an overnight, but not more than tha"
My overall experience was ok- the bed is comfortable and the room is small but not claustrophobic. It's a great location for any midtown activities (which is why I stayed here). The main drawback is the noise, as mentioned by other reviews- I sleep pretty deeply, so once asleep all is good, but before that...you can hear everything. Paper thin walls and really uncourteous guests (shouting in hallways at night!?) and cleaning staff (arguing loudly in the middle of the day)- no thanks. Also, the bathrooms reeked of vomit in the morning- that is a smell I'd pay an extra $100 to avoid assailing my senses when I first wake up. I'd stay here again for an overnight, but never for more than that.
Monoca
"Great location, great rates"
The room was great. the bed was a little too hard for me. And the ghost that visited my room left after pulling my blankets, (yikes)
"Overnight midweek NYC"
As clean and as comfortable a NYC shared bath budget hotel can get.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Overnight peacefully"
Stayed here in bunk beds w my daughter on a college visit. It was fun and unexpectedly pleasant!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
sea
"Quirky, fun hotel in mid-town"
I booked a room at the Pod Hotel because I was in a pinch and needed an affordable place to stay. I was pleasantly surprised: picture a cute, comfy cruise ship sort of room, small but with everything you need, and all in great shape, with a lot of interesting travelers of all ages from around the world hanging out in the cafe/bar downstairs, and there you have it. I would definitely stay here again. Loved it. Oh, and the staff is super friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Holly
Enjoyed breakfast in lobby before heading out for the day. Good location, small but adequate rooms. Stayed in a single.
2 night trip Mar 23, 2015
Mari JO
"Dorm Style Stay. Perfect for College kids."
POD 51 has a killer location and a really great vibe to it. I guess we overlooked the information about the bunk rooms NOT including a shower. But we are college students, so it didn't phase us at all. A real youthful feeling and a quality/cheap place to stay for college kids. Plus, a lot of beautiful foreign women were staying there as well. So that was nice.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Pod 51 is clean and close to mass transit. Exactly what I was looking for. If they could figure out a way to quiet the door slamming I'd be over the moon. Other than that a very good place to stay for a first timer in New York.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Small but convenient"
Good for a business trip for one person, there is no private bathroom though, have to use a shared one
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"Perfect for what it is."
Perfect hotel for what it is. Small, neat, modern, great concierge.
3 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
lars
"My stay at Pod"
Way too tiny for even one person. Would not stay there again.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
"Rooms need renovation"
I've stayed at Pod 51 many times before a few years back and was happy with it. Much is the same, however the rooms seem like they coild either use a renovation or a good cleaning. The wallpaper around the sink was stained yellow and there were stains on the walls of my single twin bed pod room. Fortunately, the shared bathrooms are still very clean and well maintained. Based on room cleanliness, I probably won't be staying here again unless I hear that they've undergone a renovation.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Nice hotel, great location."
Reasonably priced room (when on sale!) and the prices in the cafe off the lobby are reasonable compared to other places. I had one of the best bagels I have ever had there and the coffee was outstanding. The location was the best feature as we were able to walk to the Metropolitan Museum, Central Park, etc. (It was not a short walk). The bathroom was small but functional and clean.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Laurie
"Comfortable as a pea in a pod"
I loved the efficiency of the room. Very clever and so bright that it felt large enough. I did need a bit more room for my toiletries etc. I would recommend it to friends and would certainly consider staying at Pod 51 again.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
BARBARA
"Stay in a jail cell"
Good location, but for given price my room was way too small to spread my stuff to repack. Needed to share bathroom. No amenities. I should have looked for other hotel availabilities.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Ted
"Just taking in the city"
My stay was quite and enjoyable I plan to stay again and would recommend this hotel in a heart beat
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Deborah
"Nice Hotel. Excellent location"
I was very please with the hotel. The room was clean and the hotel staff very friendly. The location is superb.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Fernando
"Pod 51"
Room seemed a little small, but it was nice for a one-night stay. It's not located too far away from anything either. Would definitely consider coming back for my next trip.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2015
"Super Value in Midtown"
In NYC for business. This is a great hotel if you primarily need a place to sleep. Good rate. Clean. Safe. Comfortable. Good wifi. Close to UN and GCS.
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Jay
"Never returning to this hotel"
I had a horrible experience and will not be returning to this hotel. I had checked in and left right away and found out some one came into my room and opened the window claiming we were smoking in the room when no one was in there. When returning the smell from the people that were actually smoking in our hall way got worst it was unbearable. I even complained to them about the smell. These people got away with smoking because the hotel people claimed it was us when we were not in the room and do not smoke. The situation was handled poorly. With trying to help them out and telling them that the smell is coming from another room they did nothing about it. I left the hotel and did not stay the night.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"A Pod in NYC"
Great stay! Great lobby and cafe! Staff very attentive and helpfu! Great location! My only disappointment was that the hallways were very loud you could hear everything and someone was smoking in their room making it hard to sleep and having that gross smell in my room. The staff was helpful. Will stay again if so.
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Small/basic accommodations"
Feels kind of like how it would be to stay at a place run by McDonalds. Clean, basic room. All the walls were painted white. Staff was polite, but ambivalent. Small, but not clever use of space. Just small sink, small TV, small storage. You get the point. Thin walls. Noise from hallway seemed like it was in the room. Good for relatively inexpensive room for a night or 2.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Excellent hotel for the price. Good location. Mid-town. 2 blocks to subway. Tons of restaurants and food establishments nearby. Interior and rooms are modern and well cared for. Staff is wonderful.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015