All hotels in Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America
4890 University Dr Nw, Huntsville, AL, 35816, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Value
    Delicious food
    Quite clean
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Filthy"
The room was dirty, soiled linens & towels. Spilt coffee grinds. Took 2 room changes to get a clean room
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Very nice Staff"
They only thing that we needed during our stay was towels. They only had three in the bathroom for a 4 person check in. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant stay.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Stay was just okay"
The room was clean and the staff was nice, but the hotel needs to be updated. Also there wasn't a refrigerator or microwave in the room which I thought was standard with most hotel stays. I don't think I will stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Older but nice inexpensive place to stay"
The staff were wonderful! Everyone was very friendly and willing to help. Breakfast was standard fare for a hotel. Pool and rooms were very clean. The hotel is older and a bit dated but very clean and the people were very nice. It was easy to find but just down the street from another La Quinta Inn (you can see them from each other) and we went to the wrong one first but were directed to the right one. We enjoyed our stay!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
MC
"standard 2.5 star"
standard 2.5 star
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
j
"An ok stay for the price."
Stayed In the hotel one night. Staff was nice and the room was clean. I had no complaints.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"LaQuinta Experience"
The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and there was plenty of hot water for the shower.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Evie
"Decent hotel for the cost. Staff very helpful!"
Overall, a nice experience. Hotel was clean, had all ammenities that I needed. Staff was very friendly and accomodating.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
s
"Well Visit!!!"
wish more protein on breakfast - such as boiled eggs .... but all else very well - (:- )
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"nice hotel, clean, friendly,"
Staff was especially nice and helpful.. want to mention the front desk employee Lori who was so helpful to us because we had not visited Huntsville before. Also want to mention the lady Lucille who keep the food hot and plenty for the guest. She was faced with all sorts of teams, soccer, basketball, kids that were hungry and noisy.. she faced each one with a big smile and "how may I help you". We were so impressed with her smile and personality that we gave her a $20 tip.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"excellent stay"
I stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites for only 3 days and 2 nights. I rate the stay 5 stars because the room was cozy and the employees are friendly and hard workers to make the stay comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed making my own waffle :)
2 night romance trip Jun 2, 2014
Close to major shopping.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"It was just what I needed for my trip:"
It was over all just wonderful, I enjoyed every minute of my stay:
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Willie
"Close to the UA-Huntsville"
I enjoyed it and will stay again
2 night business trip May 27, 2014
"Clean and location is good. Building is aging"
The room was clean and the staff was nice. The room and bathroom was clean but you can tell the building is aging. In addition, the breakfast is weak. Your typical bread to toast, ceral and waffle maker. I wouldn't write home about that but I would stay here again. There is another LaQuinta two buildings away and I would say this one is the better of the two.
3 night business trip May 12, 2014
"The hotel was overall pretty good but...."
We have stayed at this hotel a lot and I really enjoy the rooms they are clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice and helpful. I like that they serve breakfast but I wish the food was more fresh. When I went to eat the bagel, it had mold on it. Luckily, I didn't take a bite out of it. I wish the breakfast had better selection of food also. Other than that everything else was great!
2 night trip May 5, 2014
"Concert"
Nice for the price.
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Heidi
The hotel itself needs work & cleaning. The room needed cleaning. The bathroom floor was dirty as well as the outside of the comforter and there was rice in the sheets. It was quite disappointing for a La Quinta. The linens were the typical nice bed linens for La Quinta but again they were unclean. The breakfast was nice and typical of a La Quinta. The staff were friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"Old Hotel with much to be desired"
The first thing you notice when you walk in is the smell. It isn't quite a mildew smell but it isn't very pleasant. The staff tend to be short with you and expect you to be watching out for them (I was serving myself a quick breakfast and my back was to a staff member that wanted me to move and glared at me once I noticed her). The rooms were dusty, there was large pieces of lent on the bed sheets. Overall, it isn't the worst hotel I've stayed in but it ranks up there with them.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Duvak
It could have been more cleaness than it did.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
"La Q"
Toilet and bathtub we're dirty . Pubes on toilet rim paper and scum in shower. It was a smoking room but AC was pumping out more smoke smell than I!
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
Peter Humphries
The price was right. We were close to the occasion and that was well liked.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Jocelyn
WAS OK --GOOD FOR 1 NIGHT
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
DAVE
"Not clean. Gross"
We just wanted a clean place to stay. There was mold in the shower.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Clean, comfortable room. Staff Were grea"
Staff were friendly and very helpful. Traveling with daughter and granddaughter.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Paula
I booked this room for my husband, 5 month old son and myself. I asked for a crib on booking and received no reply. On arrival, I am told they do not have cribs and the pack-n-play is broken. The elevator is very slow and smells awful. When I get to the room it is fine at first glance. I go to take a shower before going out and there are no towels or wash cloths and there is hair on the sides of the tub. I am overall unimpressed with this hotel and I will be looking for something different next time.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Nice Stay"
Clean place and super friendly staff...Great value
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"It was a bowling event for young people in the hot"
Overall it was good was quiet sometime but I don't with that and it was a lot of weed smoking with the young people. That stayed there
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Roy
"Not the worst."
Room had a nasty smell of bathroom. Room was dusty
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Wasn't Pleased"
Rooms need some upgrading, breakfast was fair, noticeable odor upon entering lobby, and lobby was not aesthetically pleasing. May not choose a La Quinta Inn next time.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
Ebie
Phone did not work upon check-in. Bathroom tub faucet did not function like a normal valve system and was installed with hot to the right vice left. Bathroom door's veneer was peeling and in need of replacement. Breakfast wasn't exciting.
3 night trip Dec 15, 2013
Hotel location, rooms condition is great. Staffs are good. Hotel is offering free Breakfast but the items to be improved. Overall it is a good hotel and I will recommend to my friends.
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
Sankara
"receptionist very welcoming and accommodating."
Great service. Thank you for making our trip enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Great Time With Friends"
I was worried about staying at a LaQuinta Inn based on reviews I've had from close family friends who have stayed at the hotel chain. But, surprisingly the hotel stay surpassed my expectations. It's in a prime location near a host of restaurants and a mall. The rooms were up to date. The customer service was fine. We would definitely stay there again!
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2013
Do not like that they only clean the room if you are staying two or more days. Very disheartening to come back to your room after a long day only to see that the bed has not ben made, used towels still in bathroom, trash cans not emptied etc. The staff did bring up clean towels when called. they also offered clean sheets, but told us we would have to make up the bed ourselves. They should tell you that in the description of hotel. When I stay at a hotel I expect that this would be done on a daily basis as I am putting out money to stay there. I do not recommend this hotel for that reason alone, although I thought the staff to be very pleasant and they offer a continental breakfast.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Close to everything in Huntsville"
Nice comfortable room - nice breakfast
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Good atmosphere & location to everything."
The overall experience was good just think about adding hallway air freshners because of the traffic of guest coming and going.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Gwen
"very close to Alabama A&M University"
Room was ok. One of the beds needs the mattress replaced (dent in the middle). Room needs to be sprayed for bugs. Room need a bit more attendtion to detail regarding cleaning! I will not choose this hotel again because it needs upgrading.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Yolanda
"Great hotel for the price."
Comfortable and very convenient to restaurants and shops within walking distance. Good breakfast. A bit slow on the internet but good enough for checking email and web sites.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Ok for an overnight stay."
The staff was actually extremely pleasant and helpful. The young man that checked me in was so polite and professional. The facilities were not as I had expected. I had expected a much more up to date room. The bed linen was clean and comfortable. I don't think I will sleep on the first floor. Too close to a back alley. Overall, I had a very nice stay.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
No fridge in room. Ice machine on different floor from my room which was inconvenient.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2013
"Another great stay !"
Enjoyed my stay as usual ! Always courteous desk clerks, breakfast is always good and my room is comfy !
2 night trip Aug 13, 2013
"Nice hotel 20 min from Atlanta"
Desk personnel, Jackie, went above & beyond the call of duty, recommending a restaurant, giving directions, when I looked confused, said she would check in the person behind me, print off directions and bring them to my room, which she did. Outstanding service!!!
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Better than expected."
Totally pleasant experience. No problems at all. Quick check-in and out; friendly, helpful staff; room was nicely decorated and very clean; ample breakfast bar; great location for Space Center, restaurants and major thoroughfares. No complaints about this affordable lodging.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
"Great staff. Very friendly."
Our first rooms AC unit wasn't blowing cold, so we got a free room upgrade. The staff let us know about the discounts offered at the resturants next door. Room was clean and we had a great stay.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
jokerswild
"Surprisingly good"
There was a still-sticky spot on the carpet, about the radius of a small dinner plate, directly in front of the mini-fridge (as though some one had spilled a Coke or something and mopped up the liquid). I was there for 6 days and it was never touched by housekeeping. I even put a towel down to make it obvious, but apparently that was still too subtle. That and the TV not allowing for any other consoles to be hooked up to it were the *only* detractions I can find. My room was clean and bright every time I returned, and I haven't slept in a bed so comfortable in YEARS. The Front Desk service was prompt, courteous, and eager to make me (the guest) feel comfortable & happy. A big shout-out to Jarvis, Wanake, and Brian for their exemplary customer-service ~ they are a credit to the hotel industry!
5 night business trip Jul 7, 2013
Erik B.
"Okay. Needs updating"
The hotel is old. There were stains on couches and tears in chairs. It smelled of cigarette smoke. The workers were nice and helpful.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2013
Firstly, Ms Waneka , the desk clerk,was very helpfull. Very Pleasant. She took time out to speak to me even though she was very bussy. Her smile and readiness alone let your hotel stand apart. I did not feel like I was just a customer.I felt at home.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
Anna
"Surprisingly good."
I was surprised that the room was very clean and the staff was attentive to our needs.
Other trip May 18, 2013
waldo
"Descent place less than 1 mile from OU!"
Pros: - Less than 1 mile from Oakwood University - Great rates (around $55-60 via Expedia.com) - Flat screen TV with many channels - Comp breakfast - Free wireless - Free parking - Microwave & fridge in king bed rooms - Updated room interior - Non-smoking floors - Elevator - Helpful front desk (especially Brian) - Fitness center (2 machines and space for 1-person calisthenics) Cons: - Clear lack of attention to detail (dust, peeling/chipped paint, small stains) throughout hotel property - Smell from smoking floor rooms (2nd floor) can seep up to non-smoking floor rooms (3rd floor) Summary - Descent place to stay very close to Oakwood University with the potential to be a 3-star hotel with more attention to details. -
Other trip May 17, 2013