All hotels in Vail, Colorado, United States of America
250 S Frontage Rd W, Vail, CO, 81657, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Family Vaca"
Lodge atmosphere Great Location. Nice beds very roomy. Updated bathrooms. Great place to take your pet.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Not impressed"
The hot water was not running when we arrived. It took a couple hours for the hotel to fix their boiler. There was also not enough staff at the front desk to handle the large number of people checking in, in a timely manner.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Hot water was not hot, and was coming out of faucets white and foamy with a strange odor almost like bleach or soap or something. The first 2 front desk people with whom I spoke could only tell me that maintenence was working on the problem, but could not tell me what was in the water to make it that way. Finally the next day the general manager explained that it was Glycol and not harmful except in very large quantities. Another problem was that one of the beds looked like the sheets had not been changed from the last stay. There was hair and dirt all over sheets.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Natural gas"
This hotel is in a great location. Easy walk to Vail town center (.5 miles). However, there is a natural gas odor (I'm one of the people that smells it) as you enter the building, sometimes in the stairwell and in the hallway. Never in my room. The front desk staff said it had been checked out by the gas companies. On the last night there, the water was foaming and off color. (It was being addressed)When we went down to ask for bottled water they were going to charge us, we said no way, then one of the staff gave it to us and was very polite and accommodating. The water was clear in the a.m.
3 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
"Get a Mountainside Room!"
The room was old with some updates and very new, white bedding though the bed was quite hard. I like it cold when I sleep which necessitated opening the window and so I had to endure the freeway noise. I recommend paying a little extra for the mountain view side which I'm sure is much quieter. It was overall a comfortable room and the front desk people were pleasant and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2015
Jacquelyn
One night stay. Hotel is older needs some updates. Beds are very comfortable.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
sonia
"August 1 Tournament Weekend"
Hotel is nice and worked for our needs over the weekend. Convenient location to the soccer fields and the town. Room temperature was tough to change so it ended up being stuffy when full of soccer players. Mix up on discount for a stay-and-play tournament was very disappointing. Parking has always been an issue. Needs a television channel guide.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice value close to eveerything in Vail"
My wife and I decided to spend a couple days in the mountains after my meeting in Denver ended mid week. I searched a number of locations in Vail, Breckenridge, Aspen, etc. and Evergreen Lodge seemed the best value. I had a little trouble finding it as there is a 250 S Frontage EAST and WEST. I went East -- it is West. The location is good -- walking distance to everything and there is a free shuttle bus running continuously that stops about 200 yards away. We never moved our car from the time we arrived until we left. Like some other reviewers, we were caught by surprise that Evergreen's rooms aren't air conditioned -- I guess I should read reviews more often. Even though we were here during a heat wave (July 31-Aug 1) we were never uncomfortable -- the windows open wide and that was AC enough. Although we didn't need it, there is a fan in the room, too.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
beside not having a balcony the room was great, so was the location and the hotel services.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
patricia
"Well-loved and Maintained"
Nice 70s nostalgia in this hotel, at a great price. You can tell the hotel has been loved and well-maintained over the decades, for good reason. The location is great - close to Lionshead and right alongside a creek. We are certainly going back the next time we're in Vail.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
byron
"Great night!"
It was great I would stay there again so close to downtown and the staff was super friendly !! Only downside was the air conditioning they did have a box fan in the room though :) I would go back !!
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Karina
"Great Area"
It was a great stay very close to downtown and shops :) I loved it I would stay there again! My only complaint is the air conditioning didn't work but they did provide a box fan :)
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Karina
"Right deal, right place"
Great intersection of location and price. We loved being able to walk to everything we needed to. One small drawback: the WiFi signal was too weak to do anything with. On a business trip, this would have been a big problem, but it was probably actually a plus on a getaway with my wife.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Gregory
"Good stay."
The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were able to let us check into our hotel room early which was helpful. The rooms are very outdated but for the price in Vail it worked for us.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
I asked for a mountain view. My room overlooked the roof and I could see the mountains if I craned my neck back. I was also a little concerned that a nearby room could access my room via the roof. My window did not lock. I could not block out the roof because there were no sheers at the window. I would have had to sit in a dark room. The rooms are probably fine, just not the one I stayed in.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2015
Eileen
"Fun Hotel and Great Location"
Fun hotel, we stayed on a Sunday where they were having a pool party with cheap drinks, DJ, free food and giveaways. Hotel seemed to be more suited towards a younger crowd. It's also really close to Vail Village.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
"Fantastic room!"
This was a great room!! The parking lot was tricky, but overall, a great stay!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Derek
"Old hotel but rooms are decent"
Excellent location. The hotel is old and a little outdated. The rooms are fine as long as all you are looking for is a clean bed.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Janna
"Functional and no complaints for a weekend getaway"
Weekend stay in Vail as a getaway. Evergreen Lodge is pretty much what we expected, nothing fancy. My wife and I are natives and both spent time growing up in Vail. While most properties have upgraded, this one is a little over-due. Otherwise it's clean and friendly and we would stay there again knowing we don't spend much time at the hotel. Location is equal between Vail and Lionshead - both are within comfortable walking distance.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Teig
"Bad, Basic, and Broken"
I should have paid an extra $200 and stayed anywhere else. To say this place is dated is an understatement. Amy was complacent and rude. We dared to ask for early check in & without making eye contact snapped, "No, we are all full and we will NOT be moving room assignments." We were given the first room on the first floor facing the parking lot. If they give you a room on the first floor facing the parking lot LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. There is no air conditioning which is common and understandable in the mountains, however the window was broken so the room overheated quickly. Amy told us that she was very sorry but it could not be fixed during our stay. When we returned from our dinner and fireworks in Vail Village at around 11 the music DEAFENING and could be heard in our room. We were not the only guests disturbed by this. When we asked if the music could be turned down the front desk responded with "I guess we could ask" and then just closed the door to the hallway. So every time people went through the door the music blasted and the door slammed. The one "star" is for the hotel's location (10 minutes from Vail Village and Lionshead) and for the price.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Vail"
There was a baking dog across the hall n the first night, but the hotel staff contacted the owners and got it quieted down. The door to the room was extremely heavy. The lighting in the bathroom was poor.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Great for the price"
Good hotel, just a little dated, but close to downtown area and staff was nice.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Summer Visit"
Resort is older lodge facility. There is no AC but not really necessary. Hotel bar and grill has pizza and burgers. There is a breakfast buffet for 10 bucks a person. If you have a car, there is a city market 2 miles away where you can buy groceries to save some $$$ on the expensive restaurants. Lots of neat shopping villages within 10 minutes walking or by the free shuttle bus. Hotel desk staff very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
WAYNE
"Not the best stay we have had at this hotel...."
We were doubled charged still waiting for that to be removed from our charge card.. And our room was right next to the elevator so we heard that all night.....
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Janet
"No speaka da english"
Hotel front desk staff was good but maids and houseman did not speak English. Maid entered room even though we had a late checkout and couldn't understand us when we asked her to come back. Houseman couldn't understand front desk request twice to bring us a fan (which should have been in the room) so I got one myself.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Easy to get to the hill. Bus service is convenient. Great time.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Check out fee????"
Overall good stay, bar staff great, location awesome but why oh why did they charge me $10 a night Amenity fee when I left the hotel- just do it upfront- seemed a cheap and unnecessary move.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2015
MARK
quick check in and out, helpful staff, but over priced breakfast
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Close to Vail Village and reasonable rates."
Evergreen is a cmfortable hotel that vista a short shuttle ride from Vail Village and a short walk from the slopes. It's a little dated but still nice.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
The service was good, the rooms are very nice and the location is great!! However it is a very loud hotel- the bar/club was open pretty late and people yelling and partying until 3-4AM- the person at the front desk could not tell me if this is a common issue or if it was just due to time of year. Another issue I had is that they charge you a bogus fee they label as a "resort fee" which is not disclosed upfront- it is not much of a fee- but in my eyes it is a scam.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Close locations to the lifts and village"
I've stayed at this hotel 2 years in a row. The primary reason - it is close distance (5 minutes walk in regular shoes, not ski boots) to the chair lift/gondola at Vail Square area. There is also a shuttle bus stop near the ice rink/Medical hospital to head to Square Village and Vail Village as well. Pool is outdoor and heated. Jacuzzi is indoor and small. It is fairly crowded in the afternoon after the ski day. Breakfast is an extra cost at $13.95 but I prefer to eat at the Square. There is also a bar in the lobby of the hotel which has live music and tv's and can have food ordered to the room.
5 night trip Mar 20, 2015
"Nice place to stay!"
Great staff! Everyone was kind and helpful! We will be back!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Best Bang for your Buck in Vail! Great Hotel!"
Easily the best bang for your buck in Vail. By no means is this a luxury or modern hotel, but the staff is great and the rooms are spacious and clean. The location is central between Vail Village (maybe 10-15 min walk) and Lionshead (5-10 min walk). It's even closer to a bus stop. The hotel bar/restaurant has very fair prices and great specials. It's not super gourmet, but definitely decent food. Fish & Chips @ $8 were unbeatable and the Pizza specials from 9-11 for $6 can't be beat. With 3 pool tables, a dart board, and Big Buck Hunter, you could spend hours in there. I noticed a number of complaints about this hotel online before I booked, but I couldn't pass it up based on price and location. All the complainers must be folks who are expecting luxury, but not willing to pay for it. If you are looking for your typical, upscale ski resort lodging, this is not it. But if you are on a reasonable budget and looking for something that is perfectly clean and serviceable, the Evergreen Lodge is your spot.
5 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
Kenneth
"Excellent place to stay"
Great location and service. Very clean and comfortable.
"lodging for ski trip in Vail, CO"
Basically it was ok. Bathrooms were updated, but rest of room could use an update. Rooms generally smelled like household cleaner. Staff was not overly helpful nor friendly. Adequate at best. Breakfast buffet overpriced in my opinion, but I guess that is Vail for you. Did not try the in lodge restaurant. No printer available to print boarding pass unless they printed it for you. Pool was out of order the entire stay.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
T
"Fun and good price"
Good times. Breakfast in lobby. Otherwise hard to find breakfast in vail so very nice.
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
Brent
"Worked well"
My son and I enjoyed our stay. Front desk staff awesome!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
maddox
"Close to lionshead gondola"
No frills, clean and close to slopes. Breakfast was ok, cheaper than other options. No restaurant, just bar and bar food Would stay again for price
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great location/access to slopes but dated facility"
Great location and getting to Vail Village and Lionhead is simple and quick. The facility is a bit dated..carpet stains, musty, etc.
3 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Justine
Def would recommend the location! The hotel is little outdated and the rooms need to be upgrade but that is the price you are paying for.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Close to lifts but very tired decore."
The only positive aspects of the lodge is it's proximity to the Lionshead lifts (1 shuttle stop away) and price but the overall appearance of the hotel was a little bleak. Our room facing the highway was dark, in need of a renovation, and a little smelly. It might have been the cleansers the cleaning crew used or just old carpeting. 2.5 star at best.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
holiday skiier
"Average in every way"
It's average in every way. I'd stay again since it has good rates and good room size. Hotel needs updating and bathroom isn't very functional with inadequate sink/counter space.
4 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Ellyn
"Great place. Great price."
This place is the perfect if your are truly at Vail to ski. If you're looking for a great price, great service and cool hotel bar you'd like here. They even have $6 pizzas in the bar at night. This is not the Four Seasons crowd and we certainly didn't want that on our trip. Close to Lions Head and easy access to Vail Village via a quick bus ride that is free.
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Brad
Nice convenient location to Vail and Lionshead Village. Nice restaurant/pub in hotel. Staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Dow
"Vail"
Had a great trip! Excellent location!
3 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
I had a good experience staying at the Evergreen. The amenities and room were great with a good location and a great sports bar and game room
4 night trip with friends Jan 12, 2015
"Hotel is in the center of Vail"
This hotel was great for the price. It has a cool bar downstairs with great food. Also it is exactly 5 mins walking distance to both Lionshead and Vail village. Me and my fiancée had a great time.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Trevor
"If would had been OK if it wasn't for..."
Ok, the hotel by itself is OK, specially for the price and location; it is near to lifts and restaurants. On the other hand, we had a situation that wasn't pleasant to us; one of the persons from our group lost a pair of headphones (Beat studio wireless/brand new). The "funny" thing was that when this person realized that she didn't had her headphones, we asked to the receptionist if somebody had turned back the headphones to them, they said that they did not have them, after that, one of the other persons from our group heard what was going on and said that they had turned back a pair of headphones the night that we did the check in. Of course, the receptionist in turn the night the headphones got lost, was not the same person that we were asking if they had something in their "box of lost things". They actually confirmed that other people was working that night and call them to ask them about the headphones to which they responded that nobody turned them back to them. Lame!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Alex
"good value"
Nice lodge. Room was on the smaller side; facility isn't upscale, but great value for the money in Vail, and phenomenal location.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Hotel ok, but very nasty staff. Not helpful at all, especially front desk service.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015