All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1011 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX, 78205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not a good hotel"
The location is the only good thing about this Hotel. We were able to walk to the Alamo and River Walk, but the rest of the experience was lacking. First they put us in the wrong room. The Wi-Fi never worked. We kept having to go to the desk for towels. Breakfast is a plastic-packaged danish like you would get from a gas station. And the staff was rude. Not just to me....they were rude to everyone. I should have cancelled the rest of my stay after the first night.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"3"
Hotel was good , but my tablet went missing from our room.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
analilia
"Spring Break"
I was a very quite hotel and very close the the San Antonio RiverMall.
3 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Dora
"So so"
Plumbing was horrible! Had to ask for a plunger and even after it was used, maintenance blamed the plumbing for the slow drainage. The room was very dusty, the nightstand where the phone and click radio are hadn't been dusted in who knows how long, makes you wonder about the rest of the room's cleanliness.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
"Pleasant stay."
Desk personnel very helpful and friendly.
1 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
"a very good place to stay."
Great place to stay at the only problem was the panhandling & homeless hanging around the outside in front of the bldg in the parking area asking for money. I don't know if you all have security but if you do they where not around nowhere to be found on that day.other then that our stay was pleasant. Thank you
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Jesse
"1 Night stand"
Stayed one night, good proximity to the Alamo and the riverwalk. Although the neighborhood is a little rough looking we didn't have any issues or problems.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
"hotel stay."
Room was ok except the sheets in bed had stains and also pillow case's. Didn't feel right..
2 night trip Mar 9, 2015
"Satisfied"
Aside from the subpar breakfast and lack of towels I enjoyed my stay. I do wish they had the back area for dogs fenced in since it's near a semi busy road. 3 1/2 grade
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
Donald
"Book other hotel... It doesn't worth the money"
We booked this hotel because of the 4+ rating in hotels.com. Unfortunately, it was overrated. We went to the hotel at 9pm and waited at the front desk for 15 mins to be informed that the room wasn't ready yet and would take 20 more mins. When we went up to the room, the beds were done but the floor wasn't clean I could feel the dust while walking. Moreover, the wall is super thin I could here the traffic outside the room. The hotel is not that far from the downtown/riverwalk/alamo, but walking there at night is risky. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Or I would just say I would not recommend "Red Roof' even if with the "plus" to anyone.
1 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
"great stay!!!!"
It was great! When we first arrived we received a room that was dirty as if someone had just checked out. Then told the front desk about this and received a new room. Other than that first mishap it was a great stay and beautiful room.
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
"ö"
Room was dirty behind the bed. Disgusting. Breakfast room more then crowded.
"Dirty bed"
My bed sheets were dirty. Coffee maker didn't heat up at all.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Erlinda
"Great stay but poor breakfast"
Overall it was fine. Breakfast could be better. What little they did serve was gone within an hour. They should have a rule on how much a family can have. One morning a lady brought her self a box and filled it up with breakfast items and left nothing really for anyone else. They either need to serve more variety or have extra to refill when it's empty!!
Anita
"Some how my daugthers tablet was gone missing"
It was ok ,they dint clean my room like they said they were when they were suppose to on our 2nd day .Also my daugthers tablet was gone missing from our room .Never found it.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
analilia
"Great for the price."
Overall not a bad stay. Continental breakfast is very lacking it's a grab and go not a continental breakfast. You end up with people taking whatever they can back to their rooms and not just eating it for breakfast. For the $65 a night rate we got it could not be beat. Hotels 200 yards away for 100 more dollars a night just because they were directly on the Riverwalk.
"Avoid Avoid Avoid!"
Went here for my honeymoon and it was an awful experience. The hotel has a nickel and dime mentality that is not apparent when reserving. They charge for parking, and have a big gold sign explaining how they have limited liability for theft and how they give you the "valuable" service of an in room safe and charge you for the safe if you use it or not. To get the charge removed you have to specifically request removal, even if you don't use the safe. Worse, the facility has significant maintenance issues. Several times we could hear knocking and "maintenance" in various rooms on our floor, and also saw maintenance travelling to other floors on the elevator. The sound of water dripping from somewhere (the elevated box sink maybe?) was heard for most of the stay. The shower is also vexing. Rather than a straight shower rod to keep the shower curtain in place the rod is concave. This means that the curtain will slide down with the slightest bump while showering allowing water to spew over the floor. The free breakfast was a nice feature, but as has been mentioned in other reviews here it a very limited selection. And the seating area is inadequate for the breakfast. The location of the hotel is good, it's within walking distance of the Alamo and the Riverwalk, but that's all this facility has going for it.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Gregory A
"Experience with a cat."
The room was not very clean. The first night there waas a cat under our bed. We reportaed to the front desk, and the cat was removed. The next night we got up in the morning, the cat was under our bed again. We were very upset and asked to be moved to another room. Red Roof Inn told us that they would give us a credit for one night for two rooms we that we paied for.We asked them twice to make sure we get the credit. Afater returning from our trip, we called Hotels.com and Red Roof Inn said we would get a refund for only one room. Thanks to Hotels .com they told us that they would give us a refund for two rooms. Thank you very much for helping us, we really appreciate it but we would not recomend this hotel.
3 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Donald
"Good deal for the neighborhood"
Mostly clean, good price for the neighborhood, felt safe, older hotel. This is an average hotel for an average price. I felt I got exactly what I paid for. The bed was just a bit more comfortable than I expected, so that's a plus.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Ok stay"
the hotel was ok. The breakfast could have been a bit better. It was very crowded at the time we went. The room service was over priced and there were fees on top of fees to order overpriced food.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Sofia
"Not your typical home away from home"
This stay was so uncomfortable, From the bed being as hard as plywood to being able to hear it all from the other rooms... I won't ever recomend to anyone!! It's not worth that expensive nightly rate!
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Don't do it"
Wouldn't recommend it the breakfast is a joke and hallway carpets are as dirty as I've ever seen and high dollar parking
4 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
"Very bad experience"
Worst hotel in a long while. The bathrooms were gross tubs looked old and dirty, faucet handles broke and didn't give you hot water. There weren't towels ! Horrible hospitality! It was so bad I didn't even stay the night. Booked a great 4 star hotel downtown a lot more money. Obviously what you pay for is what you get. I will never lodge there or with red roof again very bad experience for me and my family.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Natalie
"Remodeling needed an new service at night"
The Hall ways should be redone! A upgrade is needed... Better breakfast as well maybe eggs an sausage bacon ham! Night service ppl where horrible 2 guys they where not helpful. The morning ladies better! Outside excellent rooms ok my room 530 missing paint on walls by headboard not good!!!! Beds excellent shower handle suxs needs to be replaced tv excellent
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Camilo Patrick
"High price low quality"
For the price we paid, I expected a nicer room and they charged us for parking while we stayed at the hotel
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Red roof stay"
It was very comfortable, staff was very prompt and pleasant
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Reginald
"what an idiot I was to get a room here"
Had a great time in San Antonio, came to enjoy one of my favorite comedians concerts but the hotel room was less than desirable. For one there were no towels to dry off with after taking a shower, the bed linen was nasty so I wound up sleeping on the floor, the neighborhood was less than desirable, and the continental breakfast, what a joke. will never stay at a Red Roof Inn ever again
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
"dog hair bed friendly"
Checked into the hotel about 9pm. It was busy and only one person working the front desk. The hotel appeared to be new and in good condition so that wait wasn't too bad. Getting settled into room, noticed the bed sheets and pillows were covered in what appeared to dog hair. Went back to the front desk, still only one person working and still a long line of over customer parties waiting. A person in line in front of me was also requested a different room due to the room they had been given was already ocupied and they walked in on another guest. I got a new room, this one was nicer, cleaner and no dog hair. The only complaint aabout the new room was that the coffee maker had not been cleaned as there was an old filter left in the machine. Needless to say I did not use that coffee machine. On a positive note, the hotel was convient, not far from town and right off the freeway. Although the second room was decent, I probably will not stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
"Cheap, clean, does the job!"
This is a cheap and clean place to stay for a couple of nights in San Antonio. It's not the best located, but at the same time, it's only a 10 minute walk from the Riverwalk and Alamo. San Antonio is a relatively small city so it's mostly walkable to everywhere. Breakfast is basic, but free. Coffee in the rooms is a plus-point. WiFi worked well. No complaints!
2 night trip Feb 15, 2015
Rhian
"No water!!!"
Horrible customer service. Unfriendly staff. One night the water was shut off and staff was rude and unable to do anything until morning for fear of waking up hotel management. Missed planned events because there was no running water until 10am.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Hiram
"good location near riverwalk"
good location near San Antonio Riverwalk area.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Ralph
"Sucked"
Worst stay ever ..... Dirty floors, towels and tub. Faucet in bath leaked and faucet on sink wasn't even attached. Couldn't get anyone to call a taxi or bring me a play pen. Room was hot and doors slammed all night.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"i want my money back"
Is SUCKED. nasty blanket, not a single towel. Had to call the front desk several timeS to get towels. Noise all the time...
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Melinda
"awesome"
Great hotel in great location to Riverwalk.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2015
"RedRoof Plus"
I will be back
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Gregory
The only problem we had was lack of hot water. We couldn't get hot enough water to take a shower
1 night romance trip Feb 9, 2015
Lorne
"We will go back!"
Perfect location! Happy about everything this hotel offers except the fees for the parking.
2 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
Carole
"Good access to convention center"
Good for business travellers like me. The location is near to convention center.
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"My experience"
In my overall experience I really like staying here.. Clean bedroom and near the river walk for a good price!
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Very Clean. Helpful Staff. Not enough Towels."
The room was very clean and the staff was very nice. It's accros the freeway from the Riverwalk so I wouldn't say it's walking distance from there. I just wish they had more towels in the room.
1 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
"GREAT EXCEPT FOR HOUSEKEEPING"
The remodel is great. You arrive, the staff are friendly, GREAT LOCATION if you want to just walk to Alamo and riverwalk. Only one problem. After our first night, housekeeping like came and took the trash out and nothing else! No clean towels. No coffee replenishment. No toilet or bathtub cleaned. No vacuuming, nothing. Nada. Now... keep in mind, beyond that being unacceptable, I always tip housekeeping the day they are coming. $5.00 because they get paid next to nothing. I would have made an issue of it, but my daughter and I were having so much fun, I decided to focus on HER and not waste precious time playing the lawyer that I am role on this issue. For those of you dog lovers, remember this hotel is PET FRIENDLY!!!!
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Sandra Leigh
"San Antonio escapades"
Awesome mybkidslove it
2 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
KENNETH ALBERT M
"Some issues here and there but wonderful staff!"
Hotel staff was great and maintenance was great also. Shower handle was broken but called the front desk and maintenance arrived in a matter of minutes and replaced and fixed the shower handle within minutes, wonderful service! The roof (popcorn texture) of room 232 had Mildew all over. The shower curtain bar also had a used and wet rag sitting on top of the bar. The room was also a double bed and only had one towel to use, no big deal as I was able to get towels quickly from the hotel staff. The beds were decent and overall not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Not bad for the price.
1 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
Adrian
"Nice hotel. Short distance to the Riverwalk"
I stay at this hotel every time I visit San Antonio. My company has meetings downtown every other year, and I have stayed here with my wife as well. The hotel is very clean, and comfortable. It's within walking distance to the Riverwalk, the Alamo, and many other attractions. The daily rate compared to the surrounding hotels is very competitive. Pros: Clean, comfortable, quiet, affordable, continental breakfast, plenty of parking, within walking distance to most Riverwalk attractions. Cons: The only con that some people may have is that you have to walk under the Interstate to get to the Riverwalk. It's a very short distance, and has plenty of lighting. However, there are several homeless people that sleep under the overpass where you have to walk. This doesn't bother me, but one of my female coworkers was bothered so much by this that she moved to another hotel for the business trip. I did have one approach me for money as I was walking, but I didn't feel threatened.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Great value for comfortable stay"
Great hotel for the price and location. We needed to be close to the Convention Ctr and the Alamo Dome but didn't want to pay high dollar. This was perfect for what we needed. Breakfast was danishes, apples, oatmeal and bagels, but nice to have a little something included with room stay.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
Matthew
Room were good and clean.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Basic hotel"
It wasn't perfect. One of the towels was wet when we got there and the door didn't lock when we left. It WAS QUIET, so that was good and people were nice.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Unsatisfied."
Hello, overall the room was nicely upgraded, and clean. All of which, I appreciate. However, I had so many problems with the room and service. After checking in, I went up to my room, and as i was getting ready to shower I noticed there weren't ANY towels. So I had to get dressed and walk downstairs and ask for towels. I made it back into my room and then noticed there wasn't any body soap and shampoo, so I had to walk back down and ask for that too. Never did the attendant apologize mainly because he was too busy chatting with the security guard on the property. The shower is a whole different story. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out the "on" and "off" and the cold and hot and not to mention the water pressure. The water pressure was so hard that the water was seeping through the shower curtain and wetting the floor. I had to use my own clothes to dry the floor and use as a floor mat. This happened both nights while staying there. The second day, again, I had to walk downstairs to ask for towels because I didn't not have any! I know the housekeeper had been in my room because my bed was made and she left face and hand towels but did not leave any body towels. I enjoyed to convenience of the location, and the upgraded modern looking room...but it was terrible service and inconvenient at times.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Serjio
"Value budget at best"
Not at all what pictures online look like. Not that they all look exactly like the picture but not nearly how they made these look. Has to be a very tight budget stay to warrant the price for rooms.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
Christian
"Left the hotel; dirty"
The desk staff was very kind and tried to help. After putting me in 3 rooms, each of which had stained bedding, dirt or whatever on the sheets and one had mold in the bathroom, I chose to drive another two hours before getting a room somewhere else.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015