All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
1961 Douglas St, Victoria, BC, V8T4K7, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"pretty run down"
The room was very disappointing. We were right by the pool where it was noisy all day and night. Not a family friendly place since they serve alcohol by the pool and the pool is open to anyone who eats at their cafe on site. Room had a nasty stained chair in it and you had to keep your socks on if you didn't want your feet to turn black. If anyway takes a shower in another room it sounds like Niagara falls in your room. Checking in was hard because the parking is off site on a hill so trying to bring everything across the street was a pain. When we trird to check in they told us we couldn't until 3:00 which is check in and even then they may not have a room clean. The elevator is super slow we found we could beat it come down to get us by walking up to the fourth floor. It is also tiny it can barley fit two people and one suit case in it. Very disappointed by our stay!
3 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
j
"Good Stay"
We did not know what to expect and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is a bit of a walk from the Empress, so we drove there from the hotel. The hotel was clean. There were 'fresh paint' signs in our hallway and the fresh paint smell was there, but the rooms were fine. We would stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice hotel on edge of downtown"
Very affordable decent hotel about a 20 minute walk to major downtown sites so not quite city center. Free parking and wifi and restaurants in hotel and close by. Staff was great. Gave us a bigger room than we had booked originally. Room was comfortable. Area was noisy until about 11 pm but then quiet enough to sleep wwth window open to enjoy crisp, cool July Victoria air. Would stay there again. Great value.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Ellen
"Comfortable hotel near Chinatown"
The hotel was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Good stay!"
The hotel is a bit too far from the harbor/tourist area, but we easily figured out the city bus system to solve that problem. Overall, a good stay!
2 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2014
"Great Value!"
Hotel room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. It's about a 15 minute walk to downtown Victoria, which is not bad. Overall great value and I would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
"Good hotel within walking distance of downtown"
It's very clean, quiet. High speed free wifi, excellent. Room very comfortable, super comfy bed. There is a pool and cafe. Reception staff very pleasant and helpful. There is car park across the road.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
helen
"Decent for the price"
Looks little sleezy on the outside, but they used nice material room finishes on the inside.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Our room was not cleaned the second day of our stay. Returning to the room in the evening & seeing housekeeping had not been done, I called the front desk. An employee brought us clean towels & emptied our trash. The room was advertised as having a garden view... we had a view of roof tops. Over all the room & hotel is clean & comftable. The hotel is located about a mile from the town center. We were okay with walking during this trip. With our next visit to Victoria we will be looking for lodging closer to the city center. The food & service provided in Kitty's was affordable, friendly & quick.
3 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Gigi
"Great freindly staff was key!"
The hotel was very nice, recently renovated, the front desk clerk was terrific, She gave us great advise for our trip to Butchart Gardens which made that wonderful. The pool seems to be open to the public with a restaurant & bar- that wasn't very nice- lots of very drunk people about. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
SueK
"Perfect for a stay in Victoria."
A good hotel with its pool, dine n room facilities. It was convenient for our short stay in Victoria. The rooms are extremely cosy.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Rachel Rangel
Right in downtown Victoria BC. Free parking, and wifi. Comfy beds. Pillows too squishy, but provided a lot to make up for it. Love the fabrics (drapes and upholstery). Newly remodeled, but they forgot the bathtub! It's dated (yellow) & the only thing that didn't match the rest of the room! The new modern sink was too high. Remodelers were amateurs you can tell. Good value for the price. Service=B+. Cleanliness=A. Location=A. Noise?=none.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
G C
"Great Value & Wlking Distance for Us"
I'm glad I picked this hotel as a base to see Victoria. Though it is a little walk to the dock area, it is near China Town and the weather was so great the walk help burn calories. We would leave for the whole day to tour.The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. A great value for the city location.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"Great little hotel"
This hotel was in walking distance to downtown. Much cheaper than a hotel in town. Taxi ride was $6 from downtown. Front desk was very helpful and overall it's a very clean hotel. I didn't utilize the pool but it looked very nice and relaxing.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Breana
"Only partial air-conditioning"
I would recommend this hotel but not in the summer. Chose this hotel because it had air-conditioning. It does - and it works great - but only in certain rooms. We had 3 rooms, one of them had an actual air-conditioner, the others had some sort of fan blowing coolish air out of a very small vent but the rooms remained very warm - warmer than the air outside - I guess because the A/C from the one room produces heat in the rooms near it.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Solid hotel. Withing walking distance of downtown"
I would prefer if this hotel included breakfast with the price of the stay. The pool is nice as it is heated. The rooms are decent and the staff is friendly.
Christopher
"Weekend Trip"
This was overall a pleasant stay. The hotel lobby was nice and the people at the front desk were welcoming and accomodating. I was traveling with my small dog so they gave us a room with a little patio. The room was clean and the furniture seemed pretty new. The neighborhood wasn't bad either. I felt very safe walking my dog around the hotel by myself.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Cressida P.
"Adequate but lacking"
Clean-yes, needs some updating of facilities, disappointed with quality of food off pool deck, not as close to downtown hot spots as I had hoped
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"clean but a bit far"
nice clean hotel with clean room, a bit far from city center and the harbor but still managable by walking. hotel lobby and hallway needs a bit of touch up but the room is ok. very resonable price with free parking which is a plus.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2014
"Rooms are clean"
Rooms are clean but there is only one person working the front desk and answering calls.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Good location, very nice room!"
I was very satisfied with this hotel. The room actually looked like the pictures on expedia, which isn't always the case. it was spacious and quiet. I would have liked a few more tv channels, but then again, we weren't there to watch tv. This hotel has free parking and is more on the edge of the main tourist area. it was about 10 minute walk to the action, and that worked well for me. The hotel staff were polite and professional, including the housekeepers. We would most definitely stay here again. If you are planning on using the kitchenette, you might need to bring a pot or pan, because they had a few dishes, but no pots and pans. Dish-washing soap was provided. I recommend the Victoria Public Market for yummy, not too expensive food. It was a five minute or less walk from this hotel, and inside the building, there are many different food stores -- there is one that sells meat, and had delicious roast beef sandwiches and "sausage rolls". The Cowichan fish market had the best fish tacos I've had! There are several fabulous bakeries in there, too, offering all kinds of scrumptious desserts.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Suz
"VEry good price/quality ratio"
Nice rooms, excellent beds, rapid check-in/out, very good price/quality ratio
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Cees
"Vacation Stay"
Hotel was amazingly clean and organized. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Loved the small desk next to the power outlets; allowed a great work station for laptops, cameras, phones and other electronic devices. The hotel pool was heated and maintained, and the staff (both the hotel staff and restaurant staff) were knowledgeable, helpful and professional. The hotels location was slightly off the downtown path but close to the water taxis and a great coffee house. The price was spot on and the parking was close and secured. Overall, a wonderful experience.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Average. Just for a overnight sleep.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"less than average"
Needs a makeover and get rid of the dead plants in the entry lobby; not a good first impression!
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Kathie
"Nice hotel, convenient to downtown."
I stayed at this hotel many years ago because it was a good value. I returned because of my past experience and was delighted to find the rooms have been updated. This hotel is an incredible value. Very reasonable rates and these rooms rival any 5-star hotel. The staff was courteous and very helpful making check in a breeze. The swimming pool is located right off the restaurant with outdoor dining available.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Amazing Stay at Capital City Centre in Victoria"
The front staff young gentleman was very helpful. He upgraded us to bigger beds when our plans changed last minute and we had an extra traveller.Newly renovated, beds are amazingly comfortably, had the best sleep I've had in months. Close to downtown, far enough to be quiet. Free parking at side building.
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2014
you are making this too difficult to bother to rate the hotel
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
very convenient, Great location. Great value to your money. A little noise from the street.
Response by Capital CityCenter Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
"Last minute stay in Victoria"
I normally stay at the Chateau Victoria since it is the closest to where I need to be. However, when the Chateau sold out, I tried this hotel. For what I paid, the room was wonderful. Much less expensive than the Chateau, only slightly not as nice. Free parking was an added super bonus. Think I might start staying here instead.
Response by Capital CityCenter Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Capital City Center Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the many improvements we have made and would like to take this opportunity to inform you of a few other improvements scheduled to be complete this month. Our rooms will include HD cable with both the sports entertainment packages, and each will have its own high-speed internet modem, which will provide each guest the opportunity to either connect wirelessly or direct connect their devices. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you return to Victoria.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2014
"Clean, Convenient, Comfortable."
This place is currently getting a facelift, and it looks promising. Clean, comfortable, convenient. I don't know what it was like before, but I know Victoria's full of dated, dingy old places that were ok in 1974, so renovations are welcome. How tasteful they will be, I don't know and don't really care--I just like to sleep in a bed that hasn't had a thousand occupants before me. The pillows were to die for, soft & fluffy! They've brought in 'modern design' things like flat screen tv, sinks that look like bowls, tasteful art prints. (the bathtub was still the original...not sure if that will stay or go.) My patio door faced onto a pool and patio area also getting a facelift, looks very pleasant, could get loud, but the room was surprisingly quiet with the windows closed, even though it's right on the main drag, Douglas Street. I like the area, near Chinatown and some of the old brick buildings, hip cafes, and interesting boutiques. Inner Harbour, Empress Hotel, and Parliament easy to walk or transit to.
Response by Capital CityCenter Hotel
We here at the Capital City Center Hotel would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. Since May 2013 we have been upgrading the hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We are planning to continue with the improvements which include replacing the bathtubs next fall. By the end of May all, the rooms will be equipped with HD TV with premium sports and entertainment packages. As well as high speed internet modems, now our guests can choose between wireless or direct connect. We look forward to your next visit with us. Cheers.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"In Victoria"
Overall good
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
David McDowell
"Great hotel close to the downtown"
This hotel is near downtown. If you have a car, you can park own this hotel's parkinglot then you will be able to walk to downtown. It took time only 15minutes.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
chloe
"Walls are paper thin!!"
My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights for our anniversary. We did some research online and figured this hotel would be a reasonable place to stay, given that we didn't know the area of Victoria very well. 1. The lobby smelled like fried food. 2. The front desk associate was eating food while watching TV on the computer. 3. The beds are hard (but pillows are soft) 3. Our "neighbors" were up all night laughing and leaving/returning to their room until 4am! Door would bang shut each time. And because the walls are paper thin, you could hear everything in their room. 4. When we complained to the front desk, they said they received several complaints and did not extend their stay. But they never addressed it immediately with our "neighbors" when we called during the night nor offered us anything. 5. Good thing? This hotel is fairly close to downtown Victoria. Good thing we were out exploring the city and didn't spend much time at the hotel anyway.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Low price yet high value"
I was looking for a hotel that is no more than $100, decent and in a good location and when I saw this listing I thought it's a great match for I was looking for. The picture of the room with a king size bed looked nice and turned out it was exactly the same as the nice picture so with my expectation. The location is great, too. It's not by the harbour and in an ok neighbourhood but DT & harbour are in the walking distance so it was very convenient. The room seemed to be recently renovated, spacious and despite of being close to the busy road, it was quiet. I'd recommend this hotel for anyone who's looking for a budget & convenient stay.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2013
Happy single
We would definitely stay here again. The room was clean and the beds/pillows comfortable. The food at Kitty's cafe was fabulous and inexpensive. We were able to walk to the inner harbour in 15 minutes.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Great value, nice experience"
Booked the hotel for a recent weekend in Victoria. Very friendly staff, and a great room. It's about 10 blocks away from the core tourist areas in the city, but that's an easy bus ride away. It's a walkable 3 blocks from an up and coming area down by the waterfront that is seeing a lot of new restaurants and bars pop up. The hotel itself is in a more residential/office part of town with a lot of locals going about their lives nearby. Other recommendations: Get a daily bus pass at any convenience store and use that to get around town. The bus system is fantastic, and no rental car is needed. Also, visit Point Ellice house for high tea (a gem off the beaten trail), and take a kayak trip with Kelp Reef.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
M
"Within walking distance to downtown"
This is our second time staying at this locatiion, we actually stayed in the same room both times. The rooms are small, but comfortable. They are in middle of renovations; so it was noisy in the morning. The room we were in was mostly renovated ( they left the old 60s mustard colored tub in), but other than that, for small rooms they are nice and appropriate for what you pay for. We did have a power surge in our room, which front desk took care of it immediately. The pool is small, but functional. Only thing I would complain was that the nearest convenience store was a few blocks away. We would stay at this location again.
Response by Capital CityCenter Hotel
Thank you for you positive comments.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Tacoma
"comfy bed, quiet stay"
When we got there, the central air was not working well in our room. The desk clerk changed us immediately to a room with an air conditioner. The kingsize bed & pillows were very comfortable. The hotel is being painted, so there were scraped areas, which did not bother me. It was clean, quiet &comfortable.
Thank you for your comments. Capital City Center Hotel Staff
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
"Convenient to downtown, great price"
Wonderfully helpful desk and concierge staff. Parking across the street.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Old must be renovated"
The worst hotel during my 18 days vacation. Even is not new hotel, could be clean. For the price we paid we expect more.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Adam

"Awesome stay."
Room is big. Comfortable pillows and bed. Ample Parking. Room is clean. Friendly staff. Will definitely stay again.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Cristina
This hotel was fine, but the location was not great, not in the city center.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"liked the room"
I loved the suite we stayed in and it was clean and cozy. Comfy bed and lots of space
2 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
Randy
"Weekend getaway"
Staff were helpful and friendly. Parking is convenient. There are restaurants nearby and a café in the hotel. Room was very clean with kitchen appliances. Nice comfy beds. Fairly quiet in the evening. Close to shopping and downtown. Will definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Shannon
"Clean and comfortable"
When we arrived the neighbourhood looked a little sketchy but the hotel itself was nice. The room was comfortable just a little run down - showing age - but it was clean. Free parking was appreciated. Keurig coffee machine was a plus - nice to have good coffee in a hotel. Pool with the lounge was another bonus - we could sit and have a drink while the kids had a swim.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Audrey
The hotel was great, central to downtown, nice pool and the staff was very friendly
4 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Paulette
Horrible!! never again! I got an intense skin rash from the bedding, not sure yet if they werent cleaned or it was the detergent. Im waiting for results from my doctor. I am so upset, and am in a lot of pain and discomfort. I took pictures and when i asked the hotel, what they use, they said they could not tell me!!! When i get my results back i will be, speaking with Tamara(hotel manager) or Alia(front desk manager) to sort this out. Dont stay here!! Unless you want to feel like your skin is on fire for a week!!!
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Pretty Clean, but small"
This room was okay. It was tiny and barely fit our things. It had a kitchenette, but again it was tiny and the sink to wash dishes was in the bathroom, which is kind of gross. The elevator was extremely small, as in, nothing that I have ever seen before small. When we weren't bringing luggage, we opted for the stairs every time. The elevator was also very slow. Parking was across the street which was unsettling. They also had very few channels on the tv, which sucked because after long days of touring, it would have been nice to have something decent to watch on tv.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Felt like we were at a resort, awesome room, great pool and bar , didn't want to leave, definitely staying there again in the future. :)
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015