All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
417 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great room, better bar"
Great stay. One of my favorite places. The Burrit room is great, and the bartender is a master of his craft.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
G Jay
"Enjoyed my short stay!"
Stayed here while participating in the San Francisco Marathon. Staff was very friendly, room was small but nice and well taken care of. The restaurant exceeded my expectations with its food and beverages. Restaurant staff were also very friendly and the bar at the front had a nice 1940's type of feel to it. I will stay here again in the future.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
"Cozy, but Nice Boutique Hotel in SF"
Came up for the SF Marathon and this hotel is less than a mile from the start line. This boutique hotel is cozy, but dressed up well. The old elevator (cable and pulley style from 1910) was nostalgic. The room is very cozy, but nice. The brick accent in the room and outside of the window is a nice touch. There is a ceiling fan and the window opens, so the lack of an A/C is a non-issue (but the summers in SF are only in the 60s). They also had live jazz in the lounge/restaurant on the 2nd floor (and no cover charge). The free breakfast was very good -- though expected as this is a Charlie Palmer hotel. The only real issue I have is that there was no valet parking, but the parking structure is around the corner (450 Sutter) -- make sure you get it billed through the hotel as that will save you a few bucks ($34 vs $42).
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Anthony
"A San Francisco Holiday!"
We spent two nights at Mystic while touring around San Francisco. It is in a very convenient location...within walking distance from China Town and Union Square, close to the cable car line. We were able to park our car in a lot around the corner and just walk and use public transportation to see everything in the city! The hotel is old but in very good condition. However due to its age there is no air conditioning. There is a ceiling fan to keep the air moving but we were in SF during a particularly hot two days in the summer so the room temp was a little warm for us. The only window that could be opened was in the bathroom but due to traffic noise we just opened it a little. We were comfortable enough under a sheet. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast very nice. Staff pleasant and very helpful. Would recommend!
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Sophisticated renovation close to Union Square"
We booked two rooms for ourselves and our 20-something sons. All enjoyed it. Very well located, snazzily renovated, and the front desk clerks were helpful and welcoming. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
smallish but clean room. tv didn't work, but the staff was on it asap and moved me to a new room. the elevator is SUPER SLOW...it has a plaque about how old it is. hotel is close to union square...which has its pluses...and a whole lotta minuses
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Reilly
"Nice European-style Stay"
Overall, the hotel was good. It felt like I was staying in a European-style hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bar/restaurant was always lively. The only challenge I had was that there was no desk or chair in my room (I had one of the smaller rooms). There was a reading lounge bench thing that I wish would have been replaced with a chair and desk instead.
5 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
"A terrible hotel in a great neighborhood"
Terrible hotel with terrible service. No HVAC on a very warm San Francisco summer day. Worse service people who couldn't care less. Blackout drapes with no liners so you either have to swelter in the dark or open the window and be seen by the world.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
"Luxury from a Different Era"
My 18 year old daughter had an early meeting with an attorney in the Financial District to discuss the law profession. We decided to stay in the City the prior night to avoid the traffic hassle and saw this hotel online which was walking distance to Union Square, The Financial District, and China Town so the location was perfect. We parked in the parking garage which was valet parking, with the cost covered in our hotel stay. The hotel was incredible. The lobby was modern but not like the chain hotels--it used lighting and color to achieve a vogue-like ambiance. The elevator and hallways were like stepping back in time to the 30s--very "noir". The suite (which we were upgraded to without even asking) was incredible elegance. Modern LUXURY--yet with that aristocratic noir feeling. Phenomenal. The complimentary breakfast was served in a restaurant that was dark paneled, had booths with curtains that could allow privacy, and regular tables-- and all of it made one feel as if they were stepping back in time to a luxury hotel. The staff was wonderful as well. I don't think I'll stay at a Hyatt or Hilton again! And--it was affordable. This added to our San Francisco stay and I highly recommend it.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Anne
"Our first stay at The Mystic hotel"
Other than the WiFi not working on the 8th floor, this is where we will stay next time. The bar scene is jump from 5:00 PM until late. Between the jazz band and friendly bartenders the place is a very happening place. The restaurant was very active last Friday night. With the combination of good food, drinks & atmosphere, Charlie Palmer has another winner.
5 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Malcolm
"Off USquare gem"
Great little hotel w/ fun bar and dining room near Union Sq. Rooms are not air conditioned but very comfortable and recently renovated. Oldest working elevator in SF which could be either charming or scary, depending upon your perspective. We will stay there again, we like it.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Christophe
"Hidden gem"
This hotel is sort of hidden by some unappealing neighbors, but very pleasant inside. The tavern had a nice vibe and the service was awesome.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Erin
"nice, but be aware of parking situation"
Room was nicely updated and had a stylish vibe. Be mindful if driving to the hotel: there is a tunnel that Stockton St. goes through and Google maps does not seem to be aware of it. The hotel is right at the end of the tunnel. Also there is no loading zone or anywhere to pull over on Stockton to check in, you will need to go to the parking garage first (closest is on is on Sutter) and then check in.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Ron
"Birthday celebration"
Fun old quaint hotel in downtown San Francisco. Would stay there again
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Fantastic hotel and restaurant"
great place and I would highly recommend this place and their restaurant
5 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Anne
"Hidden hotel, conveniently located by union square"
Hotel was conveniently located. Room was small but worked. Modern clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"Will come back"
I stayed for a week on business. The wireless was perfect every time. The room maintenance was very good too. The breakfast is amazing! I did leave some items of clothing and have called the hotel to find them. They committed to calling me back and nobody has. During my stay the staff was very nice, but then not helping now that I'm not there is why my review is low on Service. The location is great too. Overall I did enjoy my stay and will be coming back.
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Swinda
"Classy!!!"
My husband and I loved our short stay here. Very clean and classy. We enjoyed the breakfast too!!!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2015
Karen Ching
"Great Hotel, Great Price, Great Service"
I was pleasantly surprised about how nice this hotel was. It was in a great location, just off Union Square. The parking garage across the street was convenient, if not a little pricey (36$) per night. The restaurant at the hotel had great service, the food was delicious and the staff was amazing. The woman at the front desk for check in was extremely friendly and recommended a cute little French cafe just a few blocks away for dessert. My room was very nice, clean and gorgeously decorated. The only negative on the room was it was extremely hot, with fans that did not do much to move the air around. Despite being in the middle of the city, the noise was minimal. I would definitely recommend this hotel!
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Monica
"Good place to stay in the city"
Funky boutique hotel near Union Square. Is less expensive and has more character and cooler vibe than the big chain hotels around.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
"Good Spot in SF"
Nicely renovated. Small but stylish room. Great breakfast buffet. Great location for financial district. Few downsides: Slow and small elevator; and single printer is available in the lobby, so don't expect a "business center".
2 night business trip May 2, 2015
"A good value"
We have been looking for a "go to" place in the city. If you are looking for a room to lounge around in, this might not be the place. However, if you want a clean, comfortable room that is in a good location and is a decent value, this could be it.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Many drawbacks to this hotel"
VERY old, slow running elevator. Rooms are quite small but clean. TV reception extremely poor.
4 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Good hotel, great value"
The only issue with this hotel, in my opinion, is the single old elevator that services all the floors. I was staying on the 8th floor and sometimes it took a while to get in and out
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
Vladimir
"Great place excellent bar"
To hotel was. A great fit for our visit to sanfrancisco . It is close to shopping in union square and a couple blocks away from china town . The bar is great and we could have just stay in one night just talking to the friendly bartenders. The drinks are great! The service at the front desk was good for the most part except one of the morning staff a lady was kind of snippy when asking for services around the area. All in all I would definitely stay there again. Next time I will check somewhere besides hotels.com as I saw there was a cheaper price for the hotel after we had checked in, it would have been nice to save a couple bucks when San Fran is an expensive city.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Caitlin
Nice little boutique hotel near Chinatown and the convention center. The front desk staff was fantastic, and welcoming and the bar / restaurant had good food and drinks. Most notable was the breakfast, which was delicious! Rooms were a bit small, but still well appointed. Only two major issue I had was the level of street noise as well as controlling the temperature of the room.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Nice place, comfortable, but room 301 is right above the bar and rhe music is sometimes a little loid at night
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
virginie
Had a great time
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Food made the hotel"
Restaurant closed during lunch. Don't think room had AC so left window ajar. Room only had a short couch; would've rather had a chair. TV didn't have many kids' programs. Breakfast was good. Dinner nice. Bar didn't know how to make a strawberry margarita. Elevator, an old one, was slow. Hotel conveniently located.
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"cool hotel"
great location! the hotel is nice and the bar area in the second floor is really cool! also amazing breakfast!
4 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Carlos
"Great Experience."
The Mystic Hotel was really great. The location is extremely convenient. The staff is also very helpful. The breakfast served is also excellent. My only complaint would be the noise that a truck makes at about 6am. I'm not sure if it's a laundry truck or service truck but it did make a lot of noise. Other than that, great experience at a reasonable price.
2 night trip Apr 8, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Can't say enough about this hotel! Beautiful accommodations to a wonderfully accommodating staff. The location was great. Breakfast was terrific too . Would recommend this hotel in a second .
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
eileen
"Nice Place, Stay off the 3rd Floor"
Lovely Boutique Hotel with nice accommodations. Standard Room includes a Classic Bay Window. Comfortable Bed and Large Shower, which is not always a regular feature of a renovated Hotel in SF. Ask for a different room if you are assigned to the third Floor, service staff feeds the hotel through this hallway and it can lead to some loud annoying noises.
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
"Nice hotel, excellent ubication and attentions!"
The room was very nice, very pretty and clean! The bed and pillows were amazing!!! The only thing they need to change is the breakfast, because is the same everyday. The quality is excellent, but they should change something between days.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
D
"Convenient location. Price is good for SF"
Overall, a nice hotel with good character a short walk from Union Square and Chinatown. The facilities and service were good/acceptable for the most part. Breakfast was fine but exactly the same every morning; would have been nice to have at least one component vary from day to day. My window looked north into an empty courtyard full of pigeons and gave me a view of mostly bricked-up or frosted-glass windows. Not the most glamorous view, but I didn't book the room for it's view (choose the Grand Hyatt for that.) At night the music from the 2nd-floor jazz bar was loud for a few hours. This, and the lack of a desk in the room, made it less than ideal as a room for a business trip if you want to get work done in the evenings. Also, on the last morning, the elevator was having trouble (it was forgetting floor calls and making mostly empty trips while frustrated guest waited and waited and eventually took the stairs with their suitcases.) I noticed that the elevator had _just_ been inspected that day or the day before. The hotel staff apologized and had the repair company on the way, but we still had to hike a lot of floors with suitcases. Other issues notwithstanding, the decor and unique vibe were a welcome break from a long string of cookie-cutter, soulless, business-traveller oriented hotels I have stayed in before. The elevator (for most of the stay) was fun to ride because of the interesting artwork on the back mirror.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great location!"
The hotel is lovely boutique style in the heart of San Fran. Not stopping in front of the hotel to drop off luggage, but there is a garage across the street and parking around the corner, which the hotel gives you a voucher for (less expensive than most places) The rooms were clean and comfortable, however the restaurant and bar that night we very busy and the service slow and waiters less than polite. For a hotel with a chef as popular as Charlie Palmer, I was less than impressed with the food. However breakfast was included and it was a fairly nice spread. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"Unexpected"
The hotel does NOT have air conditioning in the rooms. Only a ceiling fan. They opened our windows which was nice for fresh air but noisy from the street noise. The room gets quite stuffy. The elevator broke and we had to walk up 8 flights. There is only one elevator. The complimentary breakfast was sufficent but et there early. We admired the boutique feel and recognize its an old building and thats what gives it charm. It's in the heart of the Union square district which was convenient.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
My stay was great at The Mystic Hotel. I arrived earlier than expected and the front desk was more than accommodating in holding my luggage until a room came available. They provided me with a gorgeous room, perfect for a chic, yet affordable overnight stay. The food however during my work event at Burritt could have been better. Many dishes were cold or undercooked. It seemed as though they might not be set to host a large party. Overall, everything was good.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Fun times near China Town"
We enjoyed our stay at the Mystic! The room was clean & comfortable, and even though the hotel is in a busy neighborhood, it was actually very quiet at night. The staff was friendly & helpful, and the free breakfast was very good. The hotel is in a very busy neighborhood between Union Square & China Town, which can make finding parking difficult, but they have a huge public parking lot across the street & another 24hrs lot around the corner. It's great & much cheaper than valet parking at other hotels. The bed was very comfortable, & clean. It's very fun mix of clean & modem, with historic & timeless charm. My only complaints are that due to it being an older building, the plumbing was old. The shower didn't have very strong water pressure, but we DID have plenty of hot water. S.F. was having a heat wave while we were there, so it was unusually warm, the only way to cool the room was the ceiling fan above the bed & 2 of the 3 windows that you could lock open. The room cooled down after were turned the radiator completely off, and let the fan run for an hour or so. The other weird thing was that the bedside table lamps did not have any on/off switches & were NOT connected to any light switches. The only way to turn them off was to unplug them from the wall!
1 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
Erika
"Weekend retreat"
Nice weekend getaway. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was very good. The only downside was that the restaurant was closed on Saturday evening for a private party. We had planned on cozy dinner and listening to some jazz music.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Lovely boutique hotel"
When we arrived our room was not ready (even though we were checking in around 4). We had someplace to be at 5, so we just left all our bags up front and came back after dinner. Once we came back, we were told that they upgraded our room to a King, which we were thankful for. While it's an old building, the room was lovely. Our room was small, but I think this is pretty much "status quo" for most San Francisco hotels. They do not have air conditioning, which wasn't a problem in March, but might be a problem in summer. They have a great bar (actually one of the top 10 bars in San Francisco), and the staff was very friendly.
3 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
The room was somewhat small. The elevator was also a little bit cramped. Otherwise the stay was very enjoyable and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Cozy Hotel in Union Square. Worth a look."
Great location. Cozy but comfortable room. Good service. Strong WiFi signal. Hopping bar and restaurant with broad whiskey selection. Current art program is thought-provoking and virtually interactive.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Our room was very small & window opened to the wal"
We had the worst time of our life ; my husband & I both got sick ; we caught cold , and since pur room was very small with a window open to wall , we had the worst time of our life in that room . We stayed for 9 days!
9 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Trendy hotel close to everything"
Valet parking for a reasonable price. Better than the usual free breakfast. Cute and trendy room.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Erin
"Nice hotel but noisy"
The room and staff were great, but I was right over the bar and it was loud until after midnight. Then, in the morning there was a lot of noise that sounded like moving furniture and banging it against the wall. Otherwise, good place to stay for the money.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Mystic is terrific!!"
Check in was wonderful ; request for higher floor room no problem. Good sized junior queen suite no. 711. Bathroom light replaced (blew out). Breakfast was substantial with eggs, sausage, quiche, fruit, cereal bagels, toast, pastries, juices , coffee and tea. Great idea to serve the eggs and sausage in Staub. Tavern was amazing; wanted all items!! Great stay and will be back
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
lillian
"Sheiek"
Vera contare And vintage i love it And all Of their quotes. Close to everything!!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"This was a nice hotel close to union square."
This was a nice hotel close to union square. Clean rooms, nice bathrooms. I have only one complaint and that is the shower hot water wasnt quite hot. it was warm just not hot.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"good location great hotel"
Great hotel with a lot of character, perfect location and an excellent restaurant bar in house
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015