All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
417 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Business Trip (full of good surprises!)"
Close to coffee, shopping and my clients. Pleasant walking area -- so no need to taxi around. Boba Brothers (two doors away) -- great intro to boba tea and tea/coffee offerings. E & O Kitchen and Bar (around the corner was brilliant -- easy walk for a woman traveling alone). AND hotel bar and jazz -- really nice!
2 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
Kecia
"Great place to park bags while exploring SF"
This was a great overnight stay for us. My only complaints are about the elevator and the noisiness of the neighborhood. The elevator was very slow, sometimes not moving at all either while I was waiting for it or while I was riding in it. We had the room window open as there is no a/c in the hotel and it was August. It must have been recycling/trash pickup day in the neighborhood because there was a lot of noise throughout the early morning hours (from 3 a.m. - 6 a.m.). I got up and closed the window, but we could still hear bins rattling, glass clanking, trucks backing up, etc. Otherwise, a great little hotel. It looks just as pictured. Clean room, comfy bed, good continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Janice
"Poor housekeeping with doom this hotel"
Poor housekeeping practices prevent this hotel from gettin a higher rating. I've stayed here 7 nights over the last 2 weeks and my room was not serviced 4x. When I notified the front desk I was told they would leave a msg for housekeeping but nothing was ever done to correct the situation. I won't stay here again..
4 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
"Pleasant option for a few days"
The room was nice. The bathroom was very nice. I was there during an unusually hot spell and the room didn't have a more modern building's custom climate control. So, on first arrival it seemed rather stuffy. However, SF cools off quickly and the ceiling fan did the rest. The elevator is 'historic' which means charming, slow and rather erratic. The free breakfast was much better than expected.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2015
I agree with another reviewer that you should ask for a room above the 3rd floor. I would probably stay above the 4th floor. We were on the 5th floor. We were next to the stairs and I could hear when people ran up and down or we could hear some construction noise but it is very convenient to Union Square, Starbucks, a cab stand and pick ups for the hop on hop off buses. The front desk was always friendly and helpful.
4 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Cheryl
"Plenty others better"
No air conditioning and no screens in the windows, i have bug bites all over my arms. Elevator ancient and barely works. Restaurant has no normal liquor brands and is ridiculously expensive.
4 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Lorraine
"chef couple's getaway"
we loved this hotel, when we arrived we had to wait another 20-30 min to get in our room, it was not ready yet. However, they did say they upgraded us to a better room for the wait. We lived the room, as far as cleanliness it was great besides a couple stains on the carpet in the corner and spots of something orange on the shower wall. I was a little weary of the 105 yr old elevator, but it seemed to work fine except for during peak hours of use. Staff was very friendly and each time we called for ice they brought it to the room very promptly. We loved the bar & the bartender Chris, he was great, very friendly and accommodating to our specific drink requests. Overall as I said, we loved the hotel, the things I mentioned were minor and really didn't affect our stay overall. We will definitely be back our next trip! Thank you Mystic :)
3 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Kimberly
"4 nights, great location"
Mystic is located just a walk away from most of the San Francisco main attractions. Although there was a live jazz show each night of our stay, it was quiet enough to sleep. Room was clean, spacious, nicely decorated, pleasant.
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Zeljko
"Perfect Room for The City!"
This was exactly the type of hotel I was hoping to stay in while in the city. Historic, quaint, interesting neighborhood, and classic San Francisco ambiance. Stay included FREE Wi-Fi and FREE breakfast, trying to compete with that in the area is a challenge. Breakfast was delicious and filling; all of the hotel staff was wonderful. They even held our bags the last day so we could finish exploring the city. The room itself was bright and homey. The bed and comforter were so comfortable! Very cool in the room with just the fan, there is no AC but it didn't need it! Considering the accessible location, the room was very quiet. Such an amazing room for the price, I was SO happy with my stay! I plan on visiting the City every other month and this is the place I will keep coming back to!
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Rhiannon
"Nice little spot"
Great little boutique hotel. Top notch food and drink. The elevator, while charming, can be a problem if you're in a rush. I'll be back.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"getaway trip"
Room was small but comfortable and clean. Perfect location for everything we wanted to do. Easy walking and public transportation! Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel
3 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Great room, great location, small bed for two people (a double), so not the best sleep.
1 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"3 out of 5"
The room was not comfortable for me and my 3 kinds. It is very small. The breakfast and location of the hotel were great. The hotel needs many improvement because it's very old.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Serag
"So/So"
+ location + free breakfast + price - elevator - room size - no A/C - communication
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Serag
"Great little boutique hotel."
Stayed for one night before leaving the city after a week in Napa. Very comfortable, great lounge and breakfast. Service excellent. Wish we could have stayed longer.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Keith
"Great room, better bar"
Great stay. One of my favorite places. The Burrit room is great, and the bartender is a master of his craft.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
G Jay
"Enjoyed my short stay!"
Stayed here while participating in the San Francisco Marathon. Staff was very friendly, room was small but nice and well taken care of. The restaurant exceeded my expectations with its food and beverages. Restaurant staff were also very friendly and the bar at the front had a nice 1940's type of feel to it. I will stay here again in the future.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
"Cozy, but Nice Boutique Hotel in SF"
Came up for the SF Marathon and this hotel is less than a mile from the start line. This boutique hotel is cozy, but dressed up well. The old elevator (cable and pulley style from 1910) was nostalgic. The room is very cozy, but nice. The brick accent in the room and outside of the window is a nice touch. There is a ceiling fan and the window opens, so the lack of an A/C is a non-issue (but the summers in SF are only in the 60s). They also had live jazz in the lounge/restaurant on the 2nd floor (and no cover charge). The free breakfast was very good -- though expected as this is a Charlie Palmer hotel. The only real issue I have is that there was no valet parking, but the parking structure is around the corner (450 Sutter) -- make sure you get it billed through the hotel as that will save you a few bucks ($34 vs $42).
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Anthony
"A San Francisco Holiday!"
We spent two nights at Mystic while touring around San Francisco. It is in a very convenient location...within walking distance from China Town and Union Square, close to the cable car line. We were able to park our car in a lot around the corner and just walk and use public transportation to see everything in the city! The hotel is old but in very good condition. However due to its age there is no air conditioning. There is a ceiling fan to keep the air moving but we were in SF during a particularly hot two days in the summer so the room temp was a little warm for us. The only window that could be opened was in the bathroom but due to traffic noise we just opened it a little. We were comfortable enough under a sheet. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast very nice. Staff pleasant and very helpful. Would recommend!
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Sophisticated renovation close to Union Square"
We booked two rooms for ourselves and our 20-something sons. All enjoyed it. Very well located, snazzily renovated, and the front desk clerks were helpful and welcoming. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
smallish but clean room. tv didn't work, but the staff was on it asap and moved me to a new room. the elevator is SUPER SLOW...it has a plaque about how old it is. hotel is close to union square...which has its pluses...and a whole lotta minuses
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Reilly
"Nice European-style Stay"
Overall, the hotel was good. It felt like I was staying in a European-style hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bar/restaurant was always lively. The only challenge I had was that there was no desk or chair in my room (I had one of the smaller rooms). There was a reading lounge bench thing that I wish would have been replaced with a chair and desk instead.
5 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
"A terrible hotel in a great neighborhood"
Terrible hotel with terrible service. No HVAC on a very warm San Francisco summer day. Worse service people who couldn't care less. Blackout drapes with no liners so you either have to swelter in the dark or open the window and be seen by the world.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
"Luxury from a Different Era"
My 18 year old daughter had an early meeting with an attorney in the Financial District to discuss the law profession. We decided to stay in the City the prior night to avoid the traffic hassle and saw this hotel online which was walking distance to Union Square, The Financial District, and China Town so the location was perfect. We parked in the parking garage which was valet parking, with the cost covered in our hotel stay. The hotel was incredible. The lobby was modern but not like the chain hotels--it used lighting and color to achieve a vogue-like ambiance. The elevator and hallways were like stepping back in time to the 30s--very "noir". The suite (which we were upgraded to without even asking) was incredible elegance. Modern LUXURY--yet with that aristocratic noir feeling. Phenomenal. The complimentary breakfast was served in a restaurant that was dark paneled, had booths with curtains that could allow privacy, and regular tables-- and all of it made one feel as if they were stepping back in time to a luxury hotel. The staff was wonderful as well. I don't think I'll stay at a Hyatt or Hilton again! And--it was affordable. This added to our San Francisco stay and I highly recommend it.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Anne
"Our first stay at The Mystic hotel"
Other than the WiFi not working on the 8th floor, this is where we will stay next time. The bar scene is jump from 5:00 PM until late. Between the jazz band and friendly bartenders the place is a very happening place. The restaurant was very active last Friday night. With the combination of good food, drinks & atmosphere, Charlie Palmer has another winner.
5 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Malcolm
"Off USquare gem"
Great little hotel w/ fun bar and dining room near Union Sq. Rooms are not air conditioned but very comfortable and recently renovated. Oldest working elevator in SF which could be either charming or scary, depending upon your perspective. We will stay there again, we like it.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Christophe
"Hidden gem"
This hotel is sort of hidden by some unappealing neighbors, but very pleasant inside. The tavern had a nice vibe and the service was awesome.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Erin
"nice, but be aware of parking situation"
Room was nicely updated and had a stylish vibe. Be mindful if driving to the hotel: there is a tunnel that Stockton St. goes through and Google maps does not seem to be aware of it. The hotel is right at the end of the tunnel. Also there is no loading zone or anywhere to pull over on Stockton to check in, you will need to go to the parking garage first (closest is on is on Sutter) and then check in.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Ron
"Birthday celebration"
Fun old quaint hotel in downtown San Francisco. Would stay there again
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Fantastic hotel and restaurant"
great place and I would highly recommend this place and their restaurant
5 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Anne
"Hidden hotel, conveniently located by union square"
Hotel was conveniently located. Room was small but worked. Modern clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"Will come back"
I stayed for a week on business. The wireless was perfect every time. The room maintenance was very good too. The breakfast is amazing! I did leave some items of clothing and have called the hotel to find them. They committed to calling me back and nobody has. During my stay the staff was very nice, but then not helping now that I'm not there is why my review is low on Service. The location is great too. Overall I did enjoy my stay and will be coming back.
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Swinda
"Classy!!!"
My husband and I loved our short stay here. Very clean and classy. We enjoyed the breakfast too!!!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2015
Karen Ching
"Excellent stay in SF"
Good location, security, nice room. I will stay next trip to San Francisco.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Memo
"Cheesy (literally)"
Entering the hotel was a pleasant surprise because we were greeted with a clean, newly updated lounge and reception area. We were also pleased by the manner in which we were greeted by hotel staff. Unfortunately, the positives end there. Upon entering our very small hotel room (without exaggeration, no larger than a 10x9 foot room) we noticed the shades were shut, not something typically seen in a hotel room. When we proceeding to open one of the two, we were greeted with a ladder leaning up against our window along with a filthy view of an alley. We promptly closed that shade. The other shade opening revealed to us a pack of cigarettes and a discarded Gatorade bottle on an old wood deck immediately outside our window. We no longer wondered why they were shut. A few minutes later I began to smell something nasty. I brief look around the room revealed several bottle caps alongside the bottom of the bed but it gets worse. Underneath the desk was a massive chunk of old, dry cheese, undoubtedly the source of the smell. Moreover, the carpet was in awful condition and seemed as though the previous guest was using it as an ash tray. You could say we were quite disgusted and unimpressed by these conditions.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Great Hotel, Great Price, Great Service"
I was pleasantly surprised about how nice this hotel was. It was in a great location, just off Union Square. The parking garage across the street was convenient, if not a little pricey (36$) per night. The restaurant at the hotel had great service, the food was delicious and the staff was amazing. The woman at the front desk for check in was extremely friendly and recommended a cute little French cafe just a few blocks away for dessert. My room was very nice, clean and gorgeously decorated. The only negative on the room was it was extremely hot, with fans that did not do much to move the air around. Despite being in the middle of the city, the noise was minimal. I would definitely recommend this hotel!
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Monica
Don't expect to get any sleep. There is someone from midnight to about six in the morning dumping trash in the alley and it's extremely loud. Too many other hotels to choose from for the same amount of money.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Good place to stay in the city"
Funky boutique hotel near Union Square. Is less expensive and has more character and cooler vibe than the big chain hotels around.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
"Excellent locations, shopping, restaurants, safety"
I recommended this hotel a 100%, is totally safe to walk around and is very close to Union Square, to Market St. and to shop around, close to restaurants and most of all the hotel has a nice cozy atmosphere, the room is not too big but has all the amenities a hotel should have, everything is white which I loved, the cleanliness was the best, the bed and pillows were so good for a night's sleep. The breakfast was complete too. Highly recommended and will definitely stay here again....
Other trip May 10, 2015
Martha
"Good Spot in SF"
Nicely renovated. Small but stylish room. Great breakfast buffet. Great location for financial district. Few downsides: Slow and small elevator; and single printer is available in the lobby, so don't expect a "business center".
2 night business trip May 2, 2015
"A good value"
We have been looking for a "go to" place in the city. If you are looking for a room to lounge around in, this might not be the place. However, if you want a clean, comfortable room that is in a good location and is a decent value, this could be it.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Many drawbacks to this hotel"
VERY old, slow running elevator. Rooms are quite small but clean. TV reception extremely poor.
4 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Good hotel, great value"
The only issue with this hotel, in my opinion, is the single old elevator that services all the floors. I was staying on the 8th floor and sometimes it took a while to get in and out
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
Vladimir
"Great place excellent bar"
To hotel was. A great fit for our visit to sanfrancisco . It is close to shopping in union square and a couple blocks away from china town . The bar is great and we could have just stay in one night just talking to the friendly bartenders. The drinks are great! The service at the front desk was good for the most part except one of the morning staff a lady was kind of snippy when asking for services around the area. All in all I would definitely stay there again. Next time I will check somewhere besides hotels.com as I saw there was a cheaper price for the hotel after we had checked in, it would have been nice to save a couple bucks when San Fran is an expensive city.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Caitlin
Nice little boutique hotel near Chinatown and the convention center. The front desk staff was fantastic, and welcoming and the bar / restaurant had good food and drinks. Most notable was the breakfast, which was delicious! Rooms were a bit small, but still well appointed. Only two major issue I had was the level of street noise as well as controlling the temperature of the room.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Nice place, comfortable, but room 301 is right above the bar and rhe music is sometimes a little loid at night
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
virginie
Had a great time
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Food made the hotel"
Restaurant closed during lunch. Don't think room had AC so left window ajar. Room only had a short couch; would've rather had a chair. TV didn't have many kids' programs. Breakfast was good. Dinner nice. Bar didn't know how to make a strawberry margarita. Elevator, an old one, was slow. Hotel conveniently located.
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"cool hotel"
great location! the hotel is nice and the bar area in the second floor is really cool! also amazing breakfast!
4 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Carlos
"Great Experience."
The Mystic Hotel was really great. The location is extremely convenient. The staff is also very helpful. The breakfast served is also excellent. My only complaint would be the noise that a truck makes at about 6am. I'm not sure if it's a laundry truck or service truck but it did make a lot of noise. Other than that, great experience at a reasonable price.
2 night trip Apr 8, 2015