All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
417 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Really cool"
Excellent hotel. The Room was fantastic with lots of extra space and a giant bathroom with the coolest shower setup I have ever seen. It is right in the heart of the city near Union Square. Enjoyed the visit!
1 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2016
Jon
"Mother/daughter getaway"
The hotel has quirky artwork and we enjoyed the mix of modern furniture and old bricks decor. The bed was very comfy and the breakfast was great! The staff were so kind and upgraded us to a bigger bed/ room. Will be back for sure!!
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2016
Deidra
Do not stay on the 3rd floor over the weekend if you plan on sleeping. They have a bar/lounge on the second floor and they have a DJ that plays dance/base music until 2am. I had the misfortune of staying above the bar and couldn't sleep a wink because the base was so loud. I called the hotel manager on duty to have the bar turn down the music twice but nothing happened. I even went downstairs and asked the DJ to turn it down and still nothing. I ended up having to move rooms at midnight just so I could get some sleep.
5 night business trip Jan 26, 2016
nadiah
"OK Hotel, Eat Elsewhere."
Hotel was fine for the price. But there was a funky smell in the room, and the elevator is archaic. Also, the restaurant was terrible. I think all the food is pre-fab and microwaved before serving.
4 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
Maya
"Lovely room but noisy at times"
Really was pleased with ambiance of room, but don't recommend the side of the building where my room was located, very noisy at 11pm and 6am as delivery truck of some sort was making quite a racket.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2016
Mary Ann
"A very pleasant surprise"
We only stayed one night and the hotel was everything we were looking for. Very close to public transportation, food and shopping. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
The breakfast was great, good location for the price.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2016
Jean
"mystic magic"
Close to everything, great funky vibe, didn't get to try the food unfortunately. Amazing room for the price.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
ian
"Comfortable, friendly and noisy."
Decent quality boutique hotel in great location. Very friendly staff, breakfast staff need to keep food/coffee better refreshed during service.
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
Matthew
"Stranded in SF"
Was delayed going back east due to the Blizzard of 201. Hotel was very accommodating
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
"Never got to stay- maintenance issues"
I never got to stay in the hotel. When I arrived in the evening, I was told that there were maintenance issues and they no longer had a room for me. They booked me in another hotel. In order to write this review I had to post a rating for overall, room cleanliness and room comfort. I would have no idea since I did not get the opportunity to stay there
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
"Whimsy, cute, better beds please!"
They accomadated my early check-in and the service was great. It was so nice to have a lively bar right downstairs. Rooms were cute, regular boutique size, a little scuffed, but overall clean and enjoyable. The only thing I would say could be improved would be the bed. One of the most uncomfortable ones I've slept on in a hotel. Could not get a good night's sleep.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
"Nice Room Close to Union Square"
The room was nice and clean, but I like my room a little cooler than most so I immediately turned off the heat and opened a window. The hallway has a bit of an odd odor to it (as noted by previous reviewers) but I did not notice this in my room at all. I could get the WiFi to show up, but could not get to the guest connection page and I did not try moving about the room to see if there was a "good spot" for the signal. This mainly meant that I stopped working when I was back at the room for the night, which really didn't hurt anything. The breakfast here was really quite good with several fresh items in addition to cereal and bagel basics. On one day I had to come back to my room to retrieve something and was also very pleased with some excellent chocolate chip cookies in the main lobby area.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Shane
"Great atmosphere and breakfast"
Very small room but also very clean. No mini-fridge in room but there was an iron, ironing board, and hair dryer in room. Atmosphere was great as well as service. Breakfast was free and delicious. It included freshly made scrambled eggs, sausage, chocolate croissants, danishes, toast, cream cheese, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, Starbucks coffee, and fresh orange juice.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Great room. Clean. Excellent staff. Hotel bar and food was outstanding.
5 night romance trip Jan 5, 2016
Ward
"Union Square with good vibe & value"
Good value hotel in Union Square area with nice vibe and great bar. This is a boutique hotel in a great location with very helpful staff, solid breakfast and character. I understand there is good jazz on certain nights at the bar, but did not get chance to experience this. Excellent bar tenders and very cool bar.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2016
"Great Small Hotel"
We really loved the small hotel. The staff was very nice. There was a special touch of fresh cookies every day. Best of all was the "speak easy" upstairs with a great mixologist and live jazz every night. The hotel was just a couple of blocks from Union Square so it was right in the middle of shopping and the big hotels. We had some rain during our stay so the umbrellas provided with a welcome addition.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
"The room had some problems"
The room had a strange smell. The wifi only worked in parts of the room, so I couldn't use the desk at all, I had to use my laptop on the bed.... The location of the hotel is not bad.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2016
Yu-Jui
"Best New Yeae Stay!"
Loved the staff!
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Isabel M
Great breakfast Cute rooms
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
Very convenient and great value - just a one night last inure stay.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2015
Great! Except needed drinking glasses. Elevator was slow. Breakfast was great. Location was great. Decor was great!
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Always a great stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Wide selection for breakfast. The staff is great! We were upgraded for being past guest. We wil be back to stay again! Would definitely recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
"Great hotel in downtown"
Great service and breakfast. We had a nice day while staying this hotel!
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Eunyoung
"One and only complaint!"
This was a one-night getaway for Holiday Shopping. My one an only complaint was the elevator. This hotel has eight stories and it literally could take 15 minutes or more to wait.
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2015
Hotel staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The art is weird haha but other than that it's great! We would stay again
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Not Provided
Perfect stay! Will definitely be staying here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Victoria
"great boutique hotel"
good place to stay.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Holly
"nice hotel with not-so-nice neighbors"
All in all, this is a very nice hotel. The window of my room (801) looked out onto a parking garage, which is apparently a popular place for homeless people to sleep, eat, do drugs, defecate, etc., all of which I was unfortunately able to see from my room. They also had a perfect view into my room so basically I had to keep the blinds drawn for most of my stay. This isn't any fault of the hotel's but it was a negative aspect of my stay. Perhaps they could install blinds that roll up from the bottom rather than the standard kind, in order to allow natural light in but block the view to/from the parking garage. The room itself was spotless and fantastic. Wifi was spotty. Elevator is slow. Good breakfast.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2015
Aaron
"Great Hotel!"
This is a great hotel! Friendly and helpful staff, great clean modern rooms. The only downside is that our room faced the alley with the trash cans; and people continually were going through the glass bin to what I can only assume was for recycling purposes. Maybe the hotel could put a lock on the bins? Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and will likely return.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Jill
"Overall great place to stay."
We had a delightful time seeing the local Christmas decorations in Union Square. We shopped, dined, walked the Golden Gate Bridge, and enjoyed the city.The service was truely friendly. The location was exceptional. Thank you.
2 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Great comfy room
2 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
Dorian
We loved the room and hotel!!
2 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
Susannah
Mystic hotel was an overall comfortable stay, great location and great service.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Maria J.
Great location just a short walk to union square and china town. Was perfect for us. Room wasn't the cleanest when we got in but nothing too bad. The hotel decor and rooms were very mid century modern and quaint. Loved it. They were very nice to check our bags the last day we were there so we could spend the entire day out in the city. There are so many hotels in the area that it is hard to choose but I think we made the right choice in the end!
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Shelby
Good breakfast, beautiful unique paintings, comfortable room and bed, well-designed. WiFi was somewhat slow, and the single elevator was a bit slow. Overall, enjoyed my stay. Hotel staff was helpful.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Anna
"Awesome Stay!"
We were upgraded to a "suite" but it didnt look any different from the pictures we saw when we booked our stay. Regardless, we booked this room for our wedding stay . It was nice, clean, and very picturesque. Only complaint I have is that the WiFi would not connect but hey, We just got married! Love the bay!
2 night romance trip Nov 12, 2015
Christopher
"Dope hotel"
A very unique hotel accommodated to the occasion and gave us a great feel for the city life.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Fun and unique place to stay"
We stayed here for one night for a mini anniversary getaway. The hotel is old, which gives it character, but it was also very nice. If you're looking for a unique place to stay, this would be it. The location was good, the continental breakfast was good, and our room was clean and comfortable. Had we stayed longer, it would have been nice to take advantage of some of the other amenities the hotel offered. Other reviewers complained about the lack of air conditioning. This only matters in the rare event that it's actually hot in San Francisco. It was HOT in the city during our stay, but we opened the window, and it was fine. Our only drawback was the late night/wee-hours-of-the-morning street noise--drunk people returning to their hotels or moving on to the next bar.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Great value. Excellent restaurant and breakfast. Room small but comfortable, but hotel was built in 1907.
3 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
"View of dumpster and water main"
During my 1 night stay for a business trip, I will never stay at this hotel again as I was not able to get any sleep. No reason to look out the windows since there is a water main that runs all night on 1 window; and a dumpster right out the other window with a wonderful view of bars on the window and an alley which consisted of people pilfering through the trash all night along with neighboring clubs/bars throwing their trash into it all night.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
"Not Too Bad!"
I think this is a good hotel. If you don't want to fork over a fortune to stay at the Grand Hyatt next door, then this is definitely one of the better options compared to other hotels. It wasn't as small and cramped as many other hotel rooms I read about. And the bathroom was actually decent! One complaint is that there is no air conditioning in the room... But there is a ceiling fan! Secondly, the carpet was pretty stained in some areas. Other than that, the bed was very clean and comfortable, the vibe of the room was great, complimentary breakfast was great, and the staff was helpful. And this hotel is up the street from Union Square. Lots of shopping and city experience there. It's hard to find a clean and decent hotel in the city for less than an arm and a leg, but Mystic is one that I would trust to stay at again.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
"This is a real find! I highly recommend"
This is a perfect spot for exploring the city! The room was spacious and the staff was great. Tiffany the manager, went out of her way to help with a little mixup at registration. One recommendation, be sure to get an explanation on how to use the heater and shower. They are European! And don't miss the breakfast. It's delicious.? Enjoy!
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
maria
"Cool hotel, Great location"
This hotel was really interesting. Cool feel and beautiful rooms. Great location and the staff (hotel and bar) was really nice. The only downside to the hotel was that the live jazz band that plays every night m-sat (on the 2nd floor) echoed up into my room (on the 5th floor) and made it hard to sleep. I had to keep my window open because it was really hot and there was no AC so that made it even louder. Overall that's not a deal breaker for me and the pros of the hotel definitely outweigh the cons.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
The hotel is in a good location with a parking garage right across the street. It is within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and everything around Union Square. here is a restaurant on site and a little deli right next door for soft drinks or sandwiches and a Starbucks on the corner. The one thing that was an issue for me was there is no ice machine available. If you want ice you must call the front desk and they send someone up with a container that is not insulated so the ice melts rapidly. I have never been to a US hotel that does not have a self serve ice machine. They also do not have refrigerators available in the room. Most hotels will place a small refrigerator in the room if you ask. It was warm in the room and I opened the windows, unfortunately there are no sheer curtains so one must choose between privacy (from the building across the way) or being cool. The staff are friendly and helpful and they always had fruit and cookies and chilled water in the lobby. The complimentary breakfast is nice to have and there is something for every taste whether fruit and pastries or ham and eggs and toast.
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
Frances
"Great time in San Fran! Mystic room/breakfast GOOD"
This was a very interesting, boutique type hotel. Here is what we liked/didn't like but I would stay here again for sure -breakfast was included in our price which is one of reasons I chose it - and it was a very nice set up of eggs/breads/cereal/juices and fruit. It didn't have a eggs to order (that i knew of) or pancake/waffle station but we were very satisfied with what they had. Starbucks coffee served! -our room was on 3rd floor and was a nice sitting area w refrig and a very comfy queen bed. There is no air conditioning and felt a bit stuffy at night but there are ceiling fans and that helps. -coffee maker in room - none - i would've liked that. -small servi bar is in room with some alcohol but we didn't touch it as prices always seem to high to dig into that! -bathroom very small - one sink and hardly a ledge to put makeup or lotions on but shower was great - walk in/large. -it's not in best part of town but easy access to everything - and hotel is good with giving you recommendations and directions -on site tavern /bar floor 2, had jazz music - and that was nice to be able to go there and just walk upstairs to bed! -end of our hallway was a lit up RED curtain - i read in someone else's review that this hotel was haunted and the red curtain gave them the creeps but we thought it was cool! lol -parking for hotel is just around corner - 35.00/night.
3 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
"Clean and spacious rooms"
Everything was nice and clean. It was a little warm in the room and I couldn't open the windows so the service team went above and beyond to help me.
4 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
ANNA
This hotel is very nice and located dowtown so it is easy to get around with out a car. but there is NO A/C and it was SO HOT. I won't stay here again because of that unless it is winter time.
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
Amber
"just... NO!"
Horrible! Our room backed up to a sketchy alley. The TV was broken, and no one could fix it. The room is tiny and the best is hard as a rock.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
In town for the Nike women's half marathon. Mystic is within a minutes walking distance of Union Square. The only 2 downfalls I experienced was the elevator didn't work at 1 point and my room did not include an air conditioner.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2015