All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America

Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Decent vibe
    Bad internet service
"Old, but well maintained"
Nice place and very courteous upon arrival. The room did seem a little small, but it was well appointed and very comfortable. It did kinda suck when the fire alarm went off at 1:45 in the morning - but I'm not sure there was much the hotel staff could do about that. Cool old elevator, and the continental breakfast was adequate.
3 night business trip Apr 4, 2016
Jonathan
"Love this hotel but disappointed this trip"
This is one of my favorite hotels in San Francisco. However i was disappointed this time. My room was not made up and when i told the manager he didnt even apologize. Will think about whether i return.
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2016
Eileen
"Mystic for College Visits"
My boys and I stayed at this hotel to be centrally located to visit colleges. I was disappointed at the surrounding area as there was nothing to do at any time in the evenings during the day or in the morning. The traffic was terrible so it was difficult to get in and out of town. The staff at the hotel was rude and non-accommodating. The room was supposed to be made up for three and I told them prior to to my arrival only to find that the futon it was not made up for the third person. I told him to make it up and then I will be back later when I arrived late that night the futon was still not made up. I had to remind him again while we were tired and waiting to get to bed. The reviews claimed that the breakfast was really good however I do not think the breakfast was good at all there was not much choice and it was the same thing day after day.
3 night business trip Apr 3, 2016
"Chic Spot"
Chic spot near Union Square. Charming room though somewhat small. Great bed though sheet alone leaves you too cold and comforter makes you too hot. Wonderful free breakfast. Great nightlife with appetizers, drinks, and live jazz in lounge bar. Both in Burritt Room + Tavern. Short walk to Union Square. Tough to park until checked in, then discounted parking around the corner.
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2016
"Charming and convenient."
We were upgraded to a suite on the 8th floor and loved the space. It's a charming building. The bathroom was spacious and bright.
3 night romance trip Mar 24, 2016
Anne
"Great vibe!"
Enjoyed a nice night off Union Square. It's really centrally located. Nicely kept. And very friendly place to stay. We would definitely do it again.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
Terri
"Really great stay"
Great stay. Started off with a one-night booking for meetings nearby, then was going to stay elsewhere for meetings that were 25 minutes south, but this place was so nice that I cancelled my other reservation and just took the longer commute. Will definitely stay here again when I have the chance.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2016
"Decent everything except for wifi"
Wifi was sketchy. Hotels.com rep said they had recently updated it. It was terrible. If you need wifi with Internet access look elsewhere. If you need a nice place to stay and having reliable internet access is a negative then this is a good option. Staff was pleasant, hotel was clean if a bit antiquated by non SF hotel standards.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2016
Good location but small rooms with very thin walls. Nice to have the breakfast included.
4 night business trip Feb 21, 2016
Laurent
"breakfast at Tiffany's SF style...."
amazing breakfast........out of this world.......wonderfully updated vibe to a classic downtown hotel.....well done.....
2 night romance trip Jan 25, 2016
Susan Smith
"Great boutique hotel"
Love staying here- unique- great service- great breakfast. The only challenge is finding street patking. There are two garages nearby though.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2016
Tommie
Nice art hung on the walls,super stylish.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
Anat
"good for the cost"
it was a business trip- it served it's purpose. the staff was fine, no complaints, the restaurant was nice and accommodating as I'm vegan so they whipped up a special meal for me. the area around union square is always sketchy BUT that's nothing new. You can still go out for a morning run as their are other ppl running at 6am
2 night business trip Jan 13, 2016
"Nice Hotel. Beware of STUPID KEY Charge"
Nice hotel, small...slow elevator, but comfortable room and bed. If you do not check out at front desk, they will charge you a $10 fee for a plastic card key. BEWARE of this lame charge. They must hope that you will forget and not notice it when you leave. I stay in hotels many nights per year and have NEVER heard of such a stupid charge. It is a cheap plastic card key like at all hotels, but apparently they feel the need to add this charge to your bill. Sorry to have to add this to review of an otherwise decent hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
"Really cool"
Excellent hotel. The Room was fantastic with lots of extra space and a giant bathroom with the coolest shower setup I have ever seen. It is right in the heart of the city near Union Square. Enjoyed the visit!
1 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2016
Jon
"Mother/daughter getaway"
The hotel has quirky artwork and we enjoyed the mix of modern furniture and old bricks decor. The bed was very comfy and the breakfast was great! The staff were so kind and upgraded us to a bigger bed/ room. Will be back for sure!!
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2016
Deidra
Do not stay on the 3rd floor over the weekend if you plan on sleeping. They have a bar/lounge on the second floor and they have a DJ that plays dance/base music until 2am. I had the misfortune of staying above the bar and couldn't sleep a wink because the base was so loud. I called the hotel manager on duty to have the bar turn down the music twice but nothing happened. I even went downstairs and asked the DJ to turn it down and still nothing. I ended up having to move rooms at midnight just so I could get some sleep.
5 night business trip Jan 26, 2016
nadiah
"OK Hotel, Eat Elsewhere."
Hotel was fine for the price. But there was a funky smell in the room, and the elevator is archaic. Also, the restaurant was terrible. I think all the food is pre-fab and microwaved before serving.
4 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
Maya
"Lovely room but noisy at times"
Really was pleased with ambiance of room, but don't recommend the side of the building where my room was located, very noisy at 11pm and 6am as delivery truck of some sort was making quite a racket.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2016
Mary Ann
"A very pleasant surprise"
We only stayed one night and the hotel was everything we were looking for. Very close to public transportation, food and shopping. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
The breakfast was great, good location for the price.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2016
Jean
"mystic magic"
Close to everything, great funky vibe, didn't get to try the food unfortunately. Amazing room for the price.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
ian
"Comfortable, friendly and noisy."
Decent quality boutique hotel in great location. Very friendly staff, breakfast staff need to keep food/coffee better refreshed during service.
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
Matthew
"Stranded in SF"
Was delayed going back east due to the Blizzard of 201. Hotel was very accommodating
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
"Never got to stay- maintenance issues"
I never got to stay in the hotel. When I arrived in the evening, I was told that there were maintenance issues and they no longer had a room for me. They booked me in another hotel. In order to write this review I had to post a rating for overall, room cleanliness and room comfort. I would have no idea since I did not get the opportunity to stay there
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
"Whimsy, cute, better beds please!"
They accomadated my early check-in and the service was great. It was so nice to have a lively bar right downstairs. Rooms were cute, regular boutique size, a little scuffed, but overall clean and enjoyable. The only thing I would say could be improved would be the bed. One of the most uncomfortable ones I've slept on in a hotel. Could not get a good night's sleep.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
"Nice Room Close to Union Square"
The room was nice and clean, but I like my room a little cooler than most so I immediately turned off the heat and opened a window. The hallway has a bit of an odd odor to it (as noted by previous reviewers) but I did not notice this in my room at all. I could get the WiFi to show up, but could not get to the guest connection page and I did not try moving about the room to see if there was a "good spot" for the signal. This mainly meant that I stopped working when I was back at the room for the night, which really didn't hurt anything. The breakfast here was really quite good with several fresh items in addition to cereal and bagel basics. On one day I had to come back to my room to retrieve something and was also very pleased with some excellent chocolate chip cookies in the main lobby area.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Shane
"Great atmosphere and breakfast"
Very small room but also very clean. No mini-fridge in room but there was an iron, ironing board, and hair dryer in room. Atmosphere was great as well as service. Breakfast was free and delicious. It included freshly made scrambled eggs, sausage, chocolate croissants, danishes, toast, cream cheese, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, Starbucks coffee, and fresh orange juice.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Great room. Clean. Excellent staff. Hotel bar and food was outstanding.
5 night romance trip Jan 5, 2016
Ward
"Union Square with good vibe & value"
Good value hotel in Union Square area with nice vibe and great bar. This is a boutique hotel in a great location with very helpful staff, solid breakfast and character. I understand there is good jazz on certain nights at the bar, but did not get chance to experience this. Excellent bar tenders and very cool bar.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2016
"Great Small Hotel"
We really loved the small hotel. The staff was very nice. There was a special touch of fresh cookies every day. Best of all was the "speak easy" upstairs with a great mixologist and live jazz every night. The hotel was just a couple of blocks from Union Square so it was right in the middle of shopping and the big hotels. We had some rain during our stay so the umbrellas provided with a welcome addition.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
"The room had some problems"
The room had a strange smell. The wifi only worked in parts of the room, so I couldn't use the desk at all, I had to use my laptop on the bed.... The location of the hotel is not bad.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2016
Yu-Jui
"Right next to Chinatown, Shopping centers, DT SF,"
Hmm lets see, I'm overwhelmed of how much we loved this place!!!! I honestly recommend! Their breakfast is the best! Everything was outstanding! We were at waking distance from all the cool spots in SF. We'll definitely stay here again!! So worth it!!
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
akire
"Best New Yeae Stay!"
Loved the staff!
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Isabel M
Great breakfast Cute rooms
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
My boyfriend and I checked in and were told by one of the staff members we could pay cash for the hotel when we checked out. Later I checked my account to find I had nothing left, the hotel had charged my card. My boyfriend and I were splitting the bill so when I saw nothing in my account I was shocked. We went back to the hotel and explained what happened to another one of the staff members and he made it seem like it was no big deal and it would be fixed. Before we left the hotel again we wanted to double check with someone else and got a completely different answer. We were told we couldn't get the refund on my card unless we paid for it in cash. What bothered us about the situation was weren't explained about anything when we checked in and when we asked a question it seemed as though we were brushed off and the person who checked us in did their own thing. And the hotel has a bunch of creepy paintings of children through out the hotel that are a bit disturbing. We will not be going back to this hotel.
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
Frankie
"Great for exploring the City"
PLUS: Rooms are well decorated - not your typical "Holiday Inn" decor. Location is fantastic for getting around the city. I stayed in October and so the lack of air conditioning was not a problem. I imagine the ceiling fan may not cut it during warmer months though. Everything within the city is 30 minute bus ride away. MINUS: The front desk girl who checked me in was very snobby. She acted as though, because I wasn't dripping in diamonds, I wasn't good enough to stay at this hotel. Very off-putting to a new hotel trying to garner frequent-staying guests. Her attitude alone is enough to deter me from coming back. There was a special deal for hotel guests dining at their restaurant/bar advertised in the elevator. I inquired at the bar, and three different employees had no idea what I was talking about. I know Charlie Palmer is trying desperately to be cool, but snobby front desk staff and unknowledgeable restaurant staff is not the way to grow your business. I stayed here because I used a coupon and Expedia points for a steep discount. It is not worth what they are charging without discounts.
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
Bugs and Daffy
Very convenient and great value - just a one night last inure stay.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2015
"Just good enough for a party of 2"
this hotel is near Union square so it is pretty much central in San Francisco. You can walk down Powell to O'Farrell and cable car starting points. there is a parking garage just in front so that is a huge plus. where rates are 1-1.5$/hr which makes it quite convenient. If you plan on driving your car in the city, then please do not accept the discounted parking offered by hotel staff. We saved $39 in parking for 3 days by doing so. That is ridiculous. We got a queen room which was quite small, no microwave. So go for a King probably but am not sure how big that is. Breakfast is good. They have a water dispenser in the lobby which is a plus so that you dont have to buy expensive bottled water. It is SFO so am not sure how do I rate the level of noise,
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
Saurabh
Great! Except needed drinking glasses. Elevator was slow. Breakfast was great. Location was great. Decor was great!
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Always a great stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Wide selection for breakfast. The staff is great! We were upgraded for being past guest. We wil be back to stay again! Would definitely recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
"Great hotel in downtown"
Great service and breakfast. We had a nice day while staying this hotel!
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Eunyoung
"One and only complaint!"
This was a one-night getaway for Holiday Shopping. My one an only complaint was the elevator. This hotel has eight stories and it literally could take 15 minutes or more to wait.
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2015
"Ugly hotel that gave me the creeps. I refused stay"
One of the worst hotels I've been too. I left the same day I checked in and got a room elsewhere.
Other trip Dec 17, 2015
arty
Hotel staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The art is weird haha but other than that it's great! We would stay again
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Not Provided
Perfect stay! Will definitely be staying here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Victoria
"Great location for the price"
Old hotel revived. Lots of charm, small decent room. Breakfast big -- but hot items like eggs and bacon stone cold on the buffet table. Breakfast room frigid -- coat needed inside more than out. Walls are old-hotel thin....baby crying on the left for more than 4 hours the first night, followed by 7 hours ol loud snoring from the right.
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
"great boutique hotel"
good place to stay.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Holly
"nice hotel with not-so-nice neighbors"
All in all, this is a very nice hotel. The window of my room (801) looked out onto a parking garage, which is apparently a popular place for homeless people to sleep, eat, do drugs, defecate, etc., all of which I was unfortunately able to see from my room. They also had a perfect view into my room so basically I had to keep the blinds drawn for most of my stay. This isn't any fault of the hotel's but it was a negative aspect of my stay. Perhaps they could install blinds that roll up from the bottom rather than the standard kind, in order to allow natural light in but block the view to/from the parking garage. The room itself was spotless and fantastic. Wifi was spotty. Elevator is slow. Good breakfast.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2015
Aaron
"Great Hotel!"
This is a great hotel! Friendly and helpful staff, great clean modern rooms. The only downside is that our room faced the alley with the trash cans; and people continually were going through the glass bin to what I can only assume was for recycling purposes. Maybe the hotel could put a lock on the bins? Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and will likely return.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015