All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
417 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Union Square hotel"
The hotel was very nice. Room was small, but enough for two and clean. Breakfast was great! Plenty to eat. Hotel staff were somewhat helpful. Location was great.
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Great value!"
Great hotel for value & location!
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Kimberley
"My Stay on 2/19/15"
Clean hip hotel with a vibrant restaurant/bar. The room was very very small. Not good for more than one person.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Billie
"Nice except for garbage collection noise"
Great hotel; the only drawback was LOUD garbage trucks in the back alley at 5:30 AM, and because the hotel HVAC was warm, the windows were open (they were when I checked in). Other than that, the place was great.
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Jonathan
"Nice but noisy"
Really cute hotel with a great bar, nice breakfast and good location. Rooms were pretty small but very clean. Major issue: extremely noisy! Had two nights of terrible sleep due to all the noise.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"OK"
Clean and nice but small room, but overall it was noisy and was never able to access the internet.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
penelop
"Charming hotel"
Good breakfast, it was a nice amenity for the location. Hotel has a lot of charm and the room was comfortable and clean. It was really close to Chinatown and union square, neighborhood was kind of sketchy after dark and I don't know if I would venture out by myself. Our only complaint was our room was facing an alley so we were rudely woken up by truck deliveries both mornings at 6 am and 7 am. There were also a lot of loud drunk people yelling in/near alley in the wee hours of the morning.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Swag boutique hotel"
Very cute and comfortable . Great location. The bad was the water pressure in the shower, not good. Over all it was good
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
"All walking distance!"
So close to Union Square. Next door to a Liquor store and a Boba tea shop! Parking garage right across and under the bridge will lead you into China town!!
2 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Anisa
"San Francisco Get-a-way!"
The hotel was a boutique style. The rooms were a little small but the bathrooms were very spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly and provided great service. I would definitely stay there again. The location was very convenient.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Jorge
"staff"
very friendly staff, great location close to financial and shopping center, nice complimentary morning breakfast offered and cookies in the evening. would stay again.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
stephan
Great hotel in a fantastic location right by Union Square. Overall I would recommend. On the downside the beds are not the best and can be quite unconfortable and you can wait for ever for the elevator because there is only one and it is an antique.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Hotel staff was fantastic
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"Mystic Stay"
We stayed at the hotel for both business and get away. The staff was great the location for us was great, we could get to China town and Union Square easily. The rooms are a bit small the carpet is a little shotty, but the Staff took great care of us. Sandy is extremely informative and detailed about locations and recommendations, Kevin is very nice and accomodating. I would stay there again
2 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
Jacqueline
"Try the Restaurant!"
Nice hotel in Financial District. Staff at front desk was great, food in restaurant was excellent and the 25% discount at the restaurant made it even better. Pillows were too soft and the outside noise was loud, but next time, I will bring ear plugs. Will definitely stay again.
Tracie
"Nice hotel!"
Although the staff didn't come off as very warm (no issues at all however), everything else was great. I love this hotel and the bar - great bartender. Breakfast was good too - and it was complimentary. Good location too - close to restaurants and bars. Good job!
Stephen
"Get a Gym."
I like this hotel. But in this day and age it needs a gym to work out in, even if it just a couple of treadmills. Telling me to walk around the corner to 24 hour fitness doesn't cut it.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"Worse hotel in my trip"
I tried to give a balanced review The good: The room is clean enough - not the cleanest that I've seen, but it does meet my expectation The bad: this is an old hotel, which have one elevator, and it is old The bedroom headboard has a big gap that my wife accidentally drop her cellphone between the gap -- to be fair, the staff was able to lend a broom to retrieve her cellphone and with some effort, we were able to retrieve it The hotel is hard to locate since it doesn't have a visible sign and we arrived there at night Worse of all is the parking - probably it is an SF thing, but the hotel doesn't have a parking lot Initially, we had a trouble to find a parking and we have to use the public parking conveniently located just in front of the hotel I asked if the hotel has a parking and the staff said yes - and I moved my car thinking it is free or at least cheaper than the public parking To my surprise, I was billed $30 + tax for parking that was further and parking attendant had to have my key (and I had a lot of things in the car) I'm disputing the charge and I suggest other customers in similar situation to dispute the charge as well This whole thing made my trip to be less pleasant
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Budi
"Great Service, Great Bar and location"
My wife and I stayed there for business, it was walking distance to the Financial District. We had great service with the front desk, the hotel had a really convenient parking garage right across the street. Starbucks was less then a block away. We had great cocktails in the bar and walked across the street and had an amazing dinner, all within one block.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Solar
"Modern redo of old hotel but the linens are dirty"
Impressed by redo,room and resturant looked fabulous. Unfortunately the linens( sheets & towels) were stained with human ?waste. When I started to tell the front desk they said" yeah we know". Too bad because I really liked the resturant & it's 25% discount for hotel guests
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
happy wandered
"Awesome Experience!"
Arrive at Mystic to friendly house staff. I was upgraded to a marvelous suite and it was just wonderful! The bed was heavenly, the room was clean and pristine, and the free breakfast the next morning was a wonderful way to end my stay! I can't wait to come back! The only downside to the experience was some noise from the construction going on through that area of the city but it wasn't too bad. Overall, it was awesome!
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Ollie J
"Great hotel to stay in Union Square!"
Great hotel room, with all comfort. We had the Junior room and we got upgraded for free :) . The room was still tiny though but good enough for 2 people. Breakfast is amazing, from cereals to their cute pain au chocolat and their veggie quiche!! I will definitely stay there again! Amazing location, with all shops around, safe place!!
6 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
Rachida
"Great hotel near Union Square"
Great stay. Loved that it was near Union Square and close to Market Street. The adjoining bar, The Burritt Room is great. Reece the bartender was great. My only qualms would be that there's only one slow elevator for the hotel. It was fine for me since I didn't mind the stairs, but that should be kept in mind for those that have trouble getting around.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"No room at the inn"
After flying in from the East Coast I arrived a little early, at 12:20, and was told my room wasn't ready, and because the room cleaning was all at lunch it would be 2 hours before my room would be ready. I came back at 2:15, and was told my room was still not ready. The front desk staff tried very hard to get to wait out of site in the back lobby, but I pulled a chair over to a plug and began working on my i-pad, just around a column from the front desk. One hour later I noticed that 3 parties entered the hotel and were given rooms in quick succession. By this point there was a manager at the desk, and when I approached rhe desk and said I'd been waiting 3 hours (one of which was in their lobby), she apologized and said that she did not see me sitting behind the column. One of the two original desk staff was still on duty and would not look at me. The manager kept apologizing and said she would upgrade my room from a queen to a king bed. Nice try, but all I got was a bigger bed for just me, and I lost most of the only free time I has in the city. The hotel does offer breakfast beginning at 7, but i had to check out by 6, so I can't evaluate that part of the service. I hope to be back in San Francisco on another business trip in the fall, but I won't be staying at this hotel. Neither will any if the several dozen staff from my company that were scattered at hotels all around the neighborhood.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great value hotel near Union square"
Hotel is small but well decorated and very convenient as it is close from Union square. Room is small but clean, breakfast was good and staff was helpful. Overall great value for money, recommendable!
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Tiny room but very modern"
Check in was fast and great. The hotel lobby is modern looking but the elevator is ancient it is only large enough for 2 people with suitcases but it worked! The room we stayed in was very tiny but we really didnt need anything more. If u are traveling with more than 2 people ask if they have larger rooms as there is literally no room on the floor for anything but a small bag. The bed is only 2 feet from all walls. Maybe a 10x10 room. the door hits the bed. The bathroon is a little larger though. The shower is large. The breakfast was decent and free. Our stay was enjoyable but a little claustrophobic. Would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
E
Absolutely loved it! Great room, location, breakfast, and entertainment
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Overnight stay at the Mystic Hotel"
We stayed overnight to celebrate my birthday. The only thing about the Mystic hotel that was great was the convenient walking distance near Union square, but the hotel is not what we expected. As you walk into the hotel it smells like citrus scents. The front desk was not as friendly and welcoming, did not greet us and they didn't have a smile on their faces. The room is small, no view and the sheets did not seem clean and the hotel is older with a mildew scent. This hotel was rated a 4 star hotel which should be only 2 stars.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Great staff and service. Rooms were a bit small, but to be expected in a city. Great breakfast.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Good hotel in a good location. Staff friendly. Loved the free cookies in the foyer.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Loved this place and the price!"
Fantastic! Very charming hotel and staff was great. Free breakfast was very, very good.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Bethany
"Affordable well located hotel complete with good b"
Great location for access to down town San Francisco. We like old buildings and this fit our needs perfectly. Breakfast was very good. Will stay here again. Our only complaint was spotty wireless access in the room.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Night of Terror in Mistic Hotel"
The room was tiny, hardly any room to walk for a few days it is too cramped. The front desk was courteous but they rented a room to me without a working phone. Some lunatic came by trying to bust in my room in the middle of the night and I could not call for help. As a woman traveling alone this was terrifying and when I finally got through on my cell phone no help came until the guy had left. Security left without finding out who had been their and the lunatic came back. The hotel staff was not able to help me and in the morning when it was time to check out I asked if I could leave my belonging since I had no sleep so that I would not have to rush and pack after such a terrible night and they would not do it. I understand that every drunk and loon that checks in is not their fault but when the staff told me that the phone had a work order in and they rented the room to me anyone I was pretty furious. If the guy was able to break into my room and harm me it would have been their fault for renting a room that had faulty equipment.
4 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Corey
Our stay is very good. We spent 3 nights with pleasure.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
HYUNJU
Fantastic stay. Beautiful clean room. Only marked down because it was too warm and only a ceiling fan to change the temp. Not enough for me. The food downstairs was fantastic, and I got a discount for being at the hotel. Parking right across the street at the ramp. Super easy to find & get in & out of. This will be my go-to hotel for downtown SF. PS for you fabric fiends: really close to Britex! Yeah!!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Joan
"A Great Hotel in a Good Location"
I've stayed here twice, and both times have been great. Just off Union Square, this is a well maintained, attractive boutique hotel. I had concerns about possible street noise, but the rooms are pretty quiet. This is much better than the big brand hotels in the area.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"The Mystic is a Total Trip."
Anniversary, started in Union Square New Years eve 1973 went back 41 yrs later. The Mystic was probably close to the same back then, which was a Charmer for us. Sorry we did not know about it til now. It really has everything but a view so you do have to get around which works for us. Bus 30. The Mystic View!
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
jeff
"Slightly creepy"
Great location, easyto get around. Unfriendly staff, scary at night, with those victorian hallways and red velvet drapes
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Carmen
"Beautiful Iconic Hotel"
Extremely superb, love the environment and the staff. The breakfast was excellent! Tons of fresh fruit and quiche and even fresh scrambled eggs and sausage
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"Must Stay place"
Excellent staff and amazing breakfast. Location is very central close to all features of Downtown San Fran. Public parking across the street
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Colin
"good stay"
rooms are very clean, but extremely small. price=quality.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Yuliya
"Great spot"
Perfect location . Great bar and restaurant in the hotel .
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"cute, fun, friendly"
Quick, convenient to the venue we visited, friendly, clean, comfortable, fun feeling. Worst part was paying for parking-but, in SF what do you expect!? Overall a great last minute booking at a really nice hotel. Very comfortable and close to many attractions.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Overall feel pretty good
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Shanshan
"The Mystic Hotel was outstanding in every way"
We were upgraded to a suite without even asking. Our experience was outstanding. The breakfast quiches were delicious.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Joy
"Nice Hotel, excellent location"
This hotel is in an excellent location, 2 blocks from union square, and surrounded by many bars, restaurants, and shops. The hotel itself is very clean, and the rooms and nice and updated, we stayed in a junior room, which was plenty of space for 2 of us. It was clean and tidy, with a modern feel to it. It was a very cold weekend while we were there but the room was always nice and warm and the inroom radiator worked perfectly to heat up the room. There is a parking lot opposite the hotel where we parked the car over night and the price is very reasonable compared to many of the other surrounding parking lots in the city.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Lee
"Mystic Rocks!"
Excellent! I ended up extending my stay one more day. Front desk staff was top notch, room was a good size, (huge for San Francisco), The place has a great vibe, is very well kept, and was just run very well. I stay at hotels very frequently, and Mystic certainly stands out as one of the best.
1 night business trip Dec 24, 2014
Christopher
"Winter wonderful!"
We had a fabulous time at this hotel. The service was excellent! Everyone was so helpful and pleasant! The breakfast was delicious! It was way more than continental! The hotel was older with smaller rooms, but kept in good condition and has been updated while still maintaining its historic SF feel. It was a great value, so we will definitely be returning.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
TOMMIE
"Great staff!"
The Staff were nice. Clean room good breakfast. Updated room.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great as its price"
Room is small but cheap. Internet was fair. Breakfast was great. Really close to Stockton st of Chinatown where lots of cheap food is available. Room was not quiet enough.
2 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014