All hotels in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1920 E Higgins Road, Higgins & Oakton/I-90, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.7
    2.9
"Smells like an ashtray"
I was very disappointed with my recent stay here. The photos in the listing are accurate, but the smell......you cant put the smell into photos. I stayed upstairs, and there is no elevator. After climbing the stairs with all of my baggage, I opened a door to the upstairs hall, and it smelled like the oldest ashtray in the universe. The hall was very poorly lit, so i am not sure if it actually had smoke lingering in the air or if the poor lighting made it look like it did. There were exposed cable wires running along the top of the hall way wall. When I got to my room, the door was hard to open, like it was stuck in the door jam and I really had to push it. The room itself wasn't that bad. It WAS clean, didn't smell like the hallway. If it had, I would have left and looked for something else, even though I had already paid for the room in full for 3 nights through hotels.com.....so that's one good thing. The furnishings were a little outdated, but functional and adequate. The staff were friendly and helpful enough, but the smell of this hotel was so bad that after coming home and cooling off for a week, i still feel compelled to leave a review to let others know about it. I did end up leaving early, didn't stay my 3rd night there. My advice, if you are not a smoker, look elsewhere..
3 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Sindye
"It's not that bad."
Cockroach wanted my Subway sandwich but I won. Took forever to get ride from airport but both drivers were very nice. They asked me if I wanted a wake up call. I said yes but never got it. Except for my Lil friend the room was perfectly fine. I would invest in refrigerators though. Also, breakfast was to start at 6a. When I left at 6:05 there was nothing, just a woman sitting at desk world a care in the world. I would however stay again, but only for a layover. McDonald's, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, and White Castle next door. No other food that I could see.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Terrible"
They have Bed nugs
1 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Carole
"improvement needs"
I like the employee's they gave me great advice on how to get around. I felt like I was in an apartment of my own and I liked that. However, the color of the building was less than desirable. The towels had hair on them and they looked dingy and dirty. The rug needed to be cleaned as well.
7 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Don't stay"
It was the most awful place I ever stayed.tooooo dirty!it needs to be inspected by health department.
1 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
Ayushjav
"best airport shuttle service"
old motel but maintained well.impressed with airport shuttle. it was very quick.Breakfast was good. Best thing about this motel is airport shuttle.Room was clean but it's old motel. i would recommend this motel for airport shuttle. it's cheaper so you can't expect fancy rooms.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2014
nirav
"It is just what it was. A cheap overnight stay."
Overnight in Chicago for a trip back to my place-international arrival. Hotel was clean and I felt safe. Morning shuttle was on time and they called twice to make sure they weren't leaving me. Pick up at night was a little slow. I'd use it for the same purpose again.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"thanks"
very good. it is comfortable, clean and easy to find. Free shuttle is the most convenient for the flight. thanks a lot.
1 night family trip Dec 2, 2014
xiangli
"Family stay at Days inn -elk grove village"
We are a two adult-two child family. it is a good hotel and the only concern is the really intense tobacco odor. The room was very clean, the people is very polite and ready to help you. The access is very easy and the airport shuttle is a very important plus
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
"Great hotel near the airport"
Perfect hotel for the price near the airport with free airport shuttle. Very friendly staff. Will definitely be staying there again soon.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
frequent travel
"Overall Good Stay, Liked it"
Stay was good..breakfast needs to be of more good variety. But, overall I like this hotel and prefer to come back.
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
Avinash
Great. Perfect for the price and location will be back . New carpet smells nice .
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
me
"Days Inn Elk Grove Village...Got what I paid for"
After a day of bad weather and cancellations in Chicago, this was the only hotel I could find available and affordable for the night. The saving grace was that they provided transportation to and from the airport. The check-in service was quick and friendly. I was tired and a little disappointed that the establishment does not have an elevator to the upper floor. Once I entered my room, I found it clean with minimal amenities. The remnants from an old television stand mounted on the bureau were still present even though a newer flat-screen television was present. A wall rack took the place of a closet. The mattresses on the beds were sinking in the middle but were clean. As for the bathroom, it was clean. The amenities were minimal and the towels/face cloths were scratchy. Overall, I got what I paid for...a night's sleep and reliable transportation.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
jesse
"Do not stay here!"
Towels were dirty with makeup upon arriving. Toilet and tub leaked. Fridge screwed shut. Ice machine broke. Hot tub broke. Stale food. Messy property.
ash
"Decent Inexpensive stay in Elk Groove"
Decent Room for the Price
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"ok"
Hotel shuttle service is disorganized
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
"The BEST!"
Wonderful!
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
PRANTI
"Poor management, understaffed"
Hotel was probably built when the need for power outlets was minimal. They installed an extension cord at a table and all devices are plugged in there- Electric Iron, phone charging etc. We used the hotel's gym the two days we stayed there. There was no water in the water dispenser for those two days. I later noticed that the water dispenser was not even plugged into the wall. Also no towel in the gym for the two days. Their continental breakfast was barely donuts, bagels, muffins, cereal, coffee and tea. No juice for children. Only fruit they had were unripe bananas. The hotel receptionist also doubles as the breakfast host, and handles replenishing breakfast and checkouts at the same time. One of the few positive things about this hotel is that they did not try to add any additional charges to what I already paid through Expedia, like I have experienced in some hotels I booked through Expedia. The room looked clean by my wife did complain about seeing a cockroach in the bathroom. With better staffing and a few modifications, it could be much better.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Broke Stanley
"Ok stay"
30 mins from airport. They do offer a free shuttle to and from airport which is handy if you are unfamiliar of the location and/or you do not have means to get there. This is was ideal if you have an overnight layover based on price as I mainly needed this to sleep.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"Not Good"
I called and asked about shuttle from O'Hare, said I was coming in on a plane due at 12:30am. The person said I just needed to call from baggage claim. When I arrived and called I was told there is no shuttle after midnight. I had to pay for a cab. The room was shabby. The toilet was stained. I would not go there again.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"old furniture, dirty floors"
Should not be a hotel that expedia promotes. The rooms have old furniture, not pleasing to the sight, appeared dirty, carpets used and dirty looking. A sleazy hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Typical motel"
The hotel from the outside is not much to look at and seems to appear shady. However, the staff was very friendly and the room was clean. The facilities could use some updating. All in all, we got what we paid fo .
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Kat
"Bad place in bad neighborhood"
There were rats in parking lot, room smelled very bad, in bad neighborhood.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"good for over night sleep."
Giood for over night sleep will not recommend for family stay. very friendly staff service no problem. Very close to Ohare Airprot (ORD). excellent friendly schuttle service. Had to wait for schuttle bus pickup more the 2 hours. Not a bad hotel bathroom small water pressure is very low. Feel like you are in poor country with water pressure. Frig. locked shut and coffee make not working. No coffee in Lobby for guests. Had to go across street to McDonalds for coffee not happy.....
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Khushdil Ebrahim
"Staff Un-courteous/Poor Shuttle service/Unclean"
Staff Not Courteous. At 3-4 instances, I have been standing outside the O'Hare airport for hours for the shuttle pick up. Whenever i called the hotel, they always responded it should be there in 10 minutes. Very frustrating. Hotel corridors are very shabby and smells of smoke (I stayed on 2nd floor every time). I have cancelled all my future booking with the hotel.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Never Again"
Staff was unorganized and not helpful at all.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Roger
"It was pretty close to The Edge Ice Arena"
I will never stay there again! It was a dump....I would rather pay more money and feel clean than not wanting to even sleep there. I asked for more towels and never did get any. Would never recommend to anyone!
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Deborah
"Would Not Stay Here Again"
Booked this hotel before a flight out of O'Hare Intl Airport the next morning. The first floor room (#114) smelled fine, but upon further inspection we found the following deficiencies: a) when flushed, the toilet bowl was yellow, indicating that the toilet had not been cleaned with a bowl brush; b) fingerprints on every light switch that had been there for days; c) mirror had water splashes on it from the last guest, indicating that the mirror had not been cleaned; d) coffee carafe was missing so we could not make coffee; e) ice machine was not working on the 2nd floor (ice was offered by a cooler in the office; f) carpets were filthy and needed cleaning; g) repairs (shower curtain bar) and patches in sheetrock were not completed; h) in early AM, when we opened the door to check the weather, a rat ran across the sidewalk in front of the door. However, the worst deficiency was the attitude of the clerk to the complaints - they were brushed off as if we had the problems, not them. Front office Clerks need customer service training badly. Gave the impression of not caring, and not interested in fixing the problems - no apology, no rebate, no coupon for a future stay, just nothing. Take your money and forget about you. Airport shuttle driver was only bright spot of the staff, but he doesn't fix the problems nor clean the rooms. WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"O'Hare Overnight"
Needed an inexpensive place for overnight stay after flight delay. Older dingy motel, Minimalistic room - but good service and has complimentary shuttle, big plus. McDonalds next door too.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
BAJ
"A good hotel at a good price"
I choose this hotel based on its good price although being far from Chicago's city limits. I was surprisingly impressed with this Days Inn and had a very enjoyable stay. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable - it also had a small fridge and microwave. What really helped was that they had a shuttle to and from the airport, which not only helped me easily commute to and from the city, but also saved me a fortune in cab fare. Victoria, one of the shuttle drivers, was very kind and helpful. She recommended some great dining spots which I really enjoyed. The other employees at Days Inn were also very helpful and commendable. I definitely will stay here again next time I'm in Chicago. There is also a Mc Donalds next to the hotel. So for those that are frugal but want quality, I certainly recommend Days Inn Elk Grove Village.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Alvin S
"Perfectly fine for Riot Fest"
The hotel room was perfectly fine. Bed, shower, toilet. The room was clean. Didn't have much interaction with staff. The gym room had 2 cardio machines, no weights, which is fine, but the water bottle was empty. The room had a not so pleasant odor. Didn't need the room key to get into the building, outside doors pulled right open. The interior and exterior of the building was old, and worn. Exactly what I expected for the price and location. My wife and I were satisfied. Lots of room to move round and store things in room 228. Close to blue line, which was key as well as close to many restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Christian
"Comfortable, Convenient, Affordable"
This is a good location if you are not only visiting downtown Chicago but also the surrounding cities. My mother is from Chicago and has relatives that live in several suburbs circling Chicago proper. It was comfortable, convenient and even included continental breakfast and free parking in the price of the nightly stay.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Diane Carlson
poor will never use Day inn again
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"Horrid Experience"
The hotel is not near the airport. It took about 30 minutes to get there. The shuttle had no air conditioning. And you can only have a shuttle to and from the airport 1 time. The lobby smelled like urine. The room was suppose to be non smoking. The hall was filled with smoke and was not air conditioned. The rooms were complete filth. Dirt caked on the doors and wall. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. No restaurants no shopping NOTHING!!! It was a horrid awful experience. I ended up staying for 20 minutes, checked out and went to the Hampton Inn.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"normal"
If I can go ti other hotel I will, for one night and running out of money its OK
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
LE CUADROS
"very good value"
near airport with shuttle service. oldish facility well maintained with pleasant atmosphere and very good service. we have used it for years when we go through ohare
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
As I have already left a detailed review that was rejected, I will simply say with this "revised" review, that I was not satisfied with the cleanliness of my hotel room.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"Dirty and no handicap aids"
The room was dirty under the bureau! My husband found a sock, Q-tip,and a straw, say nothing about the dust bunnies! Refridgerator was not working, and was moldy! The ice machine was broken!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
I needed a reasonably priced place to sleep that had good access to Chicago on a Saturday morning. It was fine, the bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was reasonably quiet.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Nice hotel. hotel staff was very responsive. No fridge or microwave in room....but for the cost of 50 dollar worth the stay here and it is very close to the airport
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Mediocre hotel"
My room was quite large and clean but I kept waking up all night because my AC system was too noisy. The breakfast wasn't good either: the croissants were too old, there wasn't any water, the breakfast room was little and all the guests kept bumping into each other trying to serve themselves.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Lucy
"you get what you pay for"
Inexpensive hotel. Waited for about 50 minutes for van to pick us up from the airport. Slightly smoky smell despite having a non-smoking room. Phone in room was not operating. Coffee maker broken as well. Ride back to airport was timely though. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Christine
"Good value, Kind staff"
I chose this hotel because of the shuttle service. I took the shuttle both ways and was grateful to be able to stay in Chicago so economically.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Hotel was clean but older and run down a bit. Location was a bit far from Chicago. Would have been fine except for the traffic. Overall hotel was clean and service was good.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Alan
I wasn't treated very well at this hotel they were very rude!
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
"Could do better"
This is a Days Inn - really - not representive of other Days Inn and what you should expect This is a recongized name but not the quality of your standard Days Inn This looks like it had been a low end motel and it was bought and is now a Day Inn Two of the lamps in the room did not work needing new light bulbs. I had and Expedia coupon so I only paid 30 some odd dollars so it was worth my late night, leave in the morning stay with the 24 hour shuttle needed back to the airport. The complimentary breakfast, I choosed not to touch because it was so messy. The countertops hads cereal all over beyond messy and the staff did nothing to keep it clean and presentable. This Days Inn does not live up to its name but the room was clean and the staff was friendly.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Camille
Very rude staff. Shuttle was late. Very dirty. Phone was broke. We asked for a wake up call and never got one. Our key wasn't working. There was people in the halls at 1 in the morning talking very loud.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"good location to airport but it is far from down."
pretty clean and nice days inn. there is gay night club, mc Donald next to motel.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
"Cheap Hotel that is ok. Staff not so much."
Staff was not very helpful. I tried to get to Chicago downtown and they basically told me to go to O'hare airport. I later learned there was a closer metro station than the airport and even a bus that stopped nearby. I overpaid in taxis! There is a shuttle to the airport (you are allowed one use). Not renovated in a long time.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
joamer
"Near to Airport, good shuttle service!"
Everything OK!