All hotels in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States of America
1920 E Higgins Road, Higgins & Oakton/I-90, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.9
    2.7
    2.9
"O'Hare Overnight"
Needed an inexpensive place for overnight stay after flight delay. Older dingy motel, Minimalistic room - but good service and has complimentary shuttle, big plus. McDonalds next door too.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
BAJ
"A good hotel at a good price"
I choose this hotel based on its good price although being far from Chicago's city limits. I was surprisingly impressed with this Days Inn and had a very enjoyable stay. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable - it also had a small fridge and microwave. What really helped was that they had a shuttle to and from the airport, which not only helped me easily commute to and from the city, but also saved me a fortune in cab fare. Victoria, one of the shuttle drivers, was very kind and helpful. She recommended some great dining spots which I really enjoyed. The other employees at Days Inn were also very helpful and commendable. I definitely will stay here again next time I'm in Chicago. There is also a Mc Donalds next to the hotel. So for those that are frugal but want quality, I certainly recommend Days Inn Elk Grove Village.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Alvin S
"Perfectly fine for Riot Fest"
The hotel room was perfectly fine. Bed, shower, toilet. The room was clean. Didn't have much interaction with staff. The gym room had 2 cardio machines, no weights, which is fine, but the water bottle was empty. The room had a not so pleasant odor. Didn't need the room key to get into the building, outside doors pulled right open. The interior and exterior of the building was old, and worn. Exactly what I expected for the price and location. My wife and I were satisfied. Lots of room to move round and store things in room 228. Close to blue line, which was key as well as close to many restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Christian
"Comfortable, Convenient, Affordable"
This is a good location if you are not only visiting downtown Chicago but also the surrounding cities. My mother is from Chicago and has relatives that live in several suburbs circling Chicago proper. It was comfortable, convenient and even included continental breakfast and free parking in the price of the nightly stay.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Diane Carlson
poor will never use Day inn again
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"Horrid Experience"
The hotel is not near the airport. It took about 30 minutes to get there. The shuttle had no air conditioning. And you can only have a shuttle to and from the airport 1 time. The lobby smelled like urine. The room was suppose to be non smoking. The hall was filled with smoke and was not air conditioned. The rooms were complete filth. Dirt caked on the doors and wall. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. No restaurants no shopping NOTHING!!! It was a horrid awful experience. I ended up staying for 20 minutes, checked out and went to the Hampton Inn.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"normal"
If I can go ti other hotel I will, for one night and running out of money its OK
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
LE CUADROS
"very good value"
near airport with shuttle service. oldish facility well maintained with pleasant atmosphere and very good service. we have used it for years when we go through ohare
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
As I have already left a detailed review that was rejected, I will simply say with this "revised" review, that I was not satisfied with the cleanliness of my hotel room.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"Dirty and no handicap aids"
The room was dirty under the bureau! My husband found a sock, Q-tip,and a straw, say nothing about the dust bunnies! Refridgerator was not working, and was moldy! The ice machine was broken!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
I needed a reasonably priced place to sleep that had good access to Chicago on a Saturday morning. It was fine, the bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was reasonably quiet.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Nice hotel. hotel staff was very responsive. No fridge or microwave in room....but for the cost of 50 dollar worth the stay here and it is very close to the airport
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Mediocre hotel"
My room was quite large and clean but I kept waking up all night because my AC system was too noisy. The breakfast wasn't good either: the croissants were too old, there wasn't any water, the breakfast room was little and all the guests kept bumping into each other trying to serve themselves.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Lucy
"you get what you pay for"
Inexpensive hotel. Waited for about 50 minutes for van to pick us up from the airport. Slightly smoky smell despite having a non-smoking room. Phone in room was not operating. Coffee maker broken as well. Ride back to airport was timely though. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Christine
"Good value, Kind staff"
I chose this hotel because of the shuttle service. I took the shuttle both ways and was grateful to be able to stay in Chicago so economically.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Hotel was clean but older and run down a bit. Location was a bit far from Chicago. Would have been fine except for the traffic. Overall hotel was clean and service was good.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Alan
I wasn't treated very well at this hotel they were very rude!
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
"Could do better"
This is a Days Inn - really - not representive of other Days Inn and what you should expect This is a recongized name but not the quality of your standard Days Inn This looks like it had been a low end motel and it was bought and is now a Day Inn Two of the lamps in the room did not work needing new light bulbs. I had and Expedia coupon so I only paid 30 some odd dollars so it was worth my late night, leave in the morning stay with the 24 hour shuttle needed back to the airport. The complimentary breakfast, I choosed not to touch because it was so messy. The countertops hads cereal all over beyond messy and the staff did nothing to keep it clean and presentable. This Days Inn does not live up to its name but the room was clean and the staff was friendly.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Camille
Very rude staff. Shuttle was late. Very dirty. Phone was broke. We asked for a wake up call and never got one. Our key wasn't working. There was people in the halls at 1 in the morning talking very loud.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"good location to airport but it is far from down."
pretty clean and nice days inn. there is gay night club, mc Donald next to motel.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
"Cheap Hotel that is ok. Staff not so much."
Staff was not very helpful. I tried to get to Chicago downtown and they basically told me to go to O'hare airport. I later learned there was a closer metro station than the airport and even a bus that stopped nearby. I overpaid in taxis! There is a shuttle to the airport (you are allowed one use). Not renovated in a long time.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
joamer
"Near to Airport, good shuttle service!"
Everything OK!
8 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
Gilbert S.
The rate was perfect and convenient for my use.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2014
"Avoid at all costs"
Waited 15 minutes to check in when there was no line as the 2 people behind the counter were more interested in answering phones than helping me. Reserved and paid for a king, was told it wasn't available and that I would have to take 2 doubles or nothing. Hard to find parking. Sketchy neighborhood. Look elsewhere...
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Al
"Roach Motel"
This hotel gives new meaning to the term "roach motel". The condition of the hotel was poor and the service was even worse. If you want to take advantage of the "complimentary hotel shuttle" be sure to call 3 hours in advance, because that is how long you will need to wait. When you finally arrive at the hotel, you will be met with surly hotel staff who need a lesson in basic customer service. Don't be shocked if your room key opens a room in which someone is already sleeping, because that happened with 2 of our rooms. Stay clear.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"The just McDonald's and Subway. I hated my stay."
I left my tablet on the bed. Once I had realize i had left it. I call back to the hotel. Basically they told me that the house keeper had took mi tablet. So me been and supervisor @ hotel. i question them n ask do they feel like its ok if they housekeeper take stuff home that belong to guest. Basically the owner told me it's ok. Because she been working there for 8yrs.like really. Never again ill stay @ the days inn in Chicago.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Ms. Austin
"Poorly managed motel,"
-The lower matress had "brown stains" on the side and top. -The in-room safe didn't work, and was verified by the manager of its non-functioning. -The heat lamp in the bathroom didn't work properly (it would not stay on because the timer was malfunctioning. - All the parking spaces were occupied - I think they were renting out the spaces to shuttle buses, etc. leaving only a few for the guests, and none of them near my room (had to park on the other side of the motel every day/night). -The vending machine in the lobby did not work properly, so I couldn't purchase a beverage (the tap water tated terrible and smelled.. -On Sunday I was away from 8:00am until 3:30pm, when I returned the room hadn't been cleaned nor serviced (and I did NOT have the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door handle). -the carpet was dirty, and the bathroom tile had sdomething on it that made it very slipery...poor housekeeping/management. I would not recommend this motel to anyone!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
whenever i go for breakfast,shelf is almost empty.and if anything is finish they do not refill it.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
jaweria
Very good transportation to Rosemont station
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
atul
It is extremely far from O'Hare airport. The taxi driver at the Airport had no idea where it was even when given the exact address. But it has a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. The included breakfast was very minimal. Just muffins, bread and cereal Raisin Bran and juices.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
towels seem to be a issue with lots of hotels
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Great price and clean rooms"
The staff were great; the price was fantastic, and the location was great because it was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go from there, even though it was outside the city. Rooms were clean, breakfast was decent, parking was plentiful, and location was great.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"stinking rooms"
The only good thing about the room was the price & they provided shuttle to airport at 4am. Bad thing- poor maintenance. 1 bed was stinking as if some 1 had peed. Although I requested twice, they didn't replace/clean it.AC was 20 years old and didn't not work properly. Conclusion- will never go to this hotel.
3 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Bait and switch"
Motel was in average condition. Carpet in room was so dirty it stained my socks. Stayed at this property because airport shuttle was advertised on web site. However, upon arrival was told could only use shuttle 2 times during visit. This made it very difficult and expensive to get to train to travel during my stay. Shame on you. Worst motel I have ever visited.
3 night business trip May 22, 2014
Allen Davidson
"Cleanliness and Noise issues"
The bed had not been cleaned under for at least 6 months (ther was an airline boarding pass from August 2013 there). There was a tennis ball, crayons, candy wrappers and at least a quarter inch of dust, I have photos. There was a loud party in the room next-door. We had to go to the office three times before they called the police at 11 o'clock to make them quiet down. The night manager was very helpful and responsive, the rest were so-so.
6 night business trip May 15, 2014
S.
"Upsetting experience"
Out of four lamps in the tiny room we stayed in, only 1 worked. The bathroom reeked of bleach. The carpeting in front of the bathroom and by the bed was completely soaked. The bed was detached from the headboard. The hostess placed both my significant other and I on hold for simple check-in questions and never came back to either one of us. The wall near the bathroom had been patched recently and the work done was not good. The ceiling was full of undesirable looking water stains. We did not feel welcomed by the one staff member we met. We were forced to use the free shuttle service two hours before needed. This was the single worst experience I have had at an accommodation of this price point. I cannot believe they are still in business. Please spend a little more to feel comfortable if staying in the Chicago area.
Other trip May 22, 2014
denise
"Anything but convenient"
Website states shuttle to and from O'Hare. Reality is ONLY for Check-in and Check-out. Bus runs daily every 30 minutes to Blue-line and is difficult to locate bus stop. Taxi is $24 to airport. Staff is reasonably friendly. Few local restaurant choices.
3 night business trip May 17, 2014
"This hotel was horrible!!!"
Firstly, the woman at the front desk was rude. I had reserved the shuttle at 5:00am to catch a flight. She called at 4:45 to let me know that it was leaving in a couple of minutes. (Um... 15 minutes is more than a "couple of minutes".) Secondly, the room was so dated. It looked like something from a TV show where a serial murderer commits the crime. And it was the motel style which didn't put my imagination at ease. In addition, the walls were so thin I could hear my neighbors... and I think they were having just a casual conversation. Thirdly, the room was so dirty. The sheets had holes and a grayish hew. And the box spring had water damage and what I believe was mold.
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
D
"well worth the money"
The heater in our room wasn't working and they immediately moved us to a different (nicer) room.the staff was exceptional.the only bad thing about the whole place was the microwave in the room.it was disgustingly filthy.
3 night business trip May 13, 2014
BJ
"It was nice to find a place with shuttle service.."
Was stranded in chi-town!!!!! This place had shuttle to/from airport. Was able to order a decent salad.... and if I hadn't seen it w/ my own eye, the real do try to clean the place...
Other trip May 20, 2014
Sandra
"layover shelter"
Plane was held over.this was the cheapest hotel.was not too bad.aside from a McDonald's and a white castle,ordering out was only option without a cab.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
matt
The room was nicely appointed. Towels in bathroom pretty old, thin. Hallway to non smoking room very smokey. Nice room for the price.
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2014
"It was a pleasant stay at Days Inn"
Had a good experience during my stay with Days Inn at Elk Groove Village in Chicago.
Other trip May 16, 2014
MWB
"Great for the price."
My recent stay was great. The rooms are outdated, but clean and the staff was very attentive and helpful. The free breakfast and shuttle bus service make it a great value for those traveling on a budget or just wanting to spend their money on other things. My only complaint was the unfriendly and rude attitude of the lady shuttle bus driver at night. Everything else was a positive and pleasant experience.
6 night trip May 1, 2014
Brian007
"decent hotel for average people"
Nothing bad @ this hotel
2 night business trip Apr 10, 2014
"1"
Beds extremely hard. Let one person be on the one computer for way to long when others were waiting.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Free shuttle was the highlight"
I did not expect much from this 1.5 star hotel when I booked my reservation, but I needed a place to stay last minute. I had a long layover in Chicago and needed a place to take a shower and get a few hours of sleep before returning for my connecting flight. It was about 15 minutes from the airport and they do provide a free shuttle, which was nice. The whole place seemed really run-down and low budget. The towels seemed clean but had some marks on them. When I took a shower, the water would occasionally sputter and make all this noise, but I never fully lost heat. The breakfast is free but don't expect much from it. I had a piece of toast and wanted a banana but they were all still a little green. The juice machine didn't work at all and I watched a worker unwrap the "fresh-baked" pastries from their wrappers. Since it was a cold night in Chicago, I was very happy that the heater worked quickly to warm up the room. Overall, I'm not sure I would choose this hotel again in the future.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"it was ok"
We stayed there for almost a week. Great location. Good price. Thanks.
3 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
Mikhail
I had a great stay at this location. The only thing I did not like is the 30 plus minutes I had to wait for the shuttle to pick me up from the airport.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
I took their shuttle to the airport to see my parents. When I needed them to pick me up, I was told to wait at shuttle center until they had customers was going to the airport. I could't confirmed the time and I had to stand by. I ended up taking taxi back. Plus the people there is horrible. I would never ever live there again.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2014