All hotels in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States of America
1920 E Higgins Road, Higgins & Oakton/I-90, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.9
    2.6
    2.9
"Dirty and no handicap aids"
The room was dirty under the bureau! My husband found a sock, Q-tip,and a straw, say nothing about the dust bunnies! Refridgerator was not working, and was moldy! The ice machine was broken!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
I needed a reasonably priced place to sleep that had good access to Chicago on a Saturday morning. It was fine, the bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was reasonably quiet.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Nice hotel. hotel staff was very responsive. No fridge or microwave in room....but for the cost of 50 dollar worth the stay here and it is very close to the airport
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Mediocre hotel"
My room was quite large and clean but I kept waking up all night because my AC system was too noisy. The breakfast wasn't good either: the croissants were too old, there wasn't any water, the breakfast room was little and all the guests kept bumping into each other trying to serve themselves.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Lucy
"you get what you pay for"
Inexpensive hotel. Waited for about 50 minutes for van to pick us up from the airport. Slightly smoky smell despite having a non-smoking room. Phone in room was not operating. Coffee maker broken as well. Ride back to airport was timely though. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Christine
"Good value, Kind staff"
I chose this hotel because of the shuttle service. I took the shuttle both ways and was grateful to be able to stay in Chicago so economically.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Hotel was clean but older and run down a bit. Location was a bit far from Chicago. Would have been fine except for the traffic. Overall hotel was clean and service was good.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Alan
I wasn't treated very well at this hotel they were very rude!
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
"Could do better"
This is a Days Inn - really - not representive of other Days Inn and what you should expect This is a recongized name but not the quality of your standard Days Inn This looks like it had been a low end motel and it was bought and is now a Day Inn Two of the lamps in the room did not work needing new light bulbs. I had and Expedia coupon so I only paid 30 some odd dollars so it was worth my late night, leave in the morning stay with the 24 hour shuttle needed back to the airport. The complimentary breakfast, I choosed not to touch because it was so messy. The countertops hads cereal all over beyond messy and the staff did nothing to keep it clean and presentable. This Days Inn does not live up to its name but the room was clean and the staff was friendly.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Camille
Very rude staff. Shuttle was late. Very dirty. Phone was broke. We asked for a wake up call and never got one. Our key wasn't working. There was people in the halls at 1 in the morning talking very loud.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"good location to airport but it is far from down."
pretty clean and nice days inn. there is gay night club, mc Donald next to motel.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
"Cheap Hotel that is ok. Staff not so much."
Staff was not very helpful. I tried to get to Chicago downtown and they basically told me to go to O'hare airport. I later learned there was a closer metro station than the airport and even a bus that stopped nearby. I overpaid in taxis! There is a shuttle to the airport (you are allowed one use). Not renovated in a long time.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
joamer
"Near to Airport, good shuttle service!"
Everything OK!
8 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
Gilbert S.
The rate was perfect and convenient for my use.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2014
"Avoid at all costs"
Waited 15 minutes to check in when there was no line as the 2 people behind the counter were more interested in answering phones than helping me. Reserved and paid for a king, was told it wasn't available and that I would have to take 2 doubles or nothing. Hard to find parking. Sketchy neighborhood. Look elsewhere...
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Al
"Roach Motel"
This hotel gives new meaning to the term "roach motel". The condition of the hotel was poor and the service was even worse. If you want to take advantage of the "complimentary hotel shuttle" be sure to call 3 hours in advance, because that is how long you will need to wait. When you finally arrive at the hotel, you will be met with surly hotel staff who need a lesson in basic customer service. Don't be shocked if your room key opens a room in which someone is already sleeping, because that happened with 2 of our rooms. Stay clear.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"The just McDonald's and Subway. I hated my stay."
I left my tablet on the bed. Once I had realize i had left it. I call back to the hotel. Basically they told me that the house keeper had took mi tablet. So me been and supervisor @ hotel. i question them n ask do they feel like its ok if they housekeeper take stuff home that belong to guest. Basically the owner told me it's ok. Because she been working there for 8yrs.like really. Never again ill stay @ the days inn in Chicago.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Ms. Austin
"Poorly managed motel,"
-The lower matress had "brown stains" on the side and top. -The in-room safe didn't work, and was verified by the manager of its non-functioning. -The heat lamp in the bathroom didn't work properly (it would not stay on because the timer was malfunctioning. - All the parking spaces were occupied - I think they were renting out the spaces to shuttle buses, etc. leaving only a few for the guests, and none of them near my room (had to park on the other side of the motel every day/night). -The vending machine in the lobby did not work properly, so I couldn't purchase a beverage (the tap water tated terrible and smelled.. -On Sunday I was away from 8:00am until 3:30pm, when I returned the room hadn't been cleaned nor serviced (and I did NOT have the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door handle). -the carpet was dirty, and the bathroom tile had sdomething on it that made it very slipery...poor housekeeping/management. I would not recommend this motel to anyone!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
whenever i go for breakfast,shelf is almost empty.and if anything is finish they do not refill it.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
jaweria
Very good transportation to Rosemont station
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
atul
It is extremely far from O'Hare airport. The taxi driver at the Airport had no idea where it was even when given the exact address. But it has a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. The included breakfast was very minimal. Just muffins, bread and cereal Raisin Bran and juices.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
towels seem to be a issue with lots of hotels
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Great price and clean rooms"
The staff were great; the price was fantastic, and the location was great because it was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go from there, even though it was outside the city. Rooms were clean, breakfast was decent, parking was plentiful, and location was great.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"stinking rooms"
The only good thing about the room was the price & they provided shuttle to airport at 4am. Bad thing- poor maintenance. 1 bed was stinking as if some 1 had peed. Although I requested twice, they didn't replace/clean it.AC was 20 years old and didn't not work properly. Conclusion- will never go to this hotel.
3 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Bait and switch"
Motel was in average condition. Carpet in room was so dirty it stained my socks. Stayed at this property because airport shuttle was advertised on web site. However, upon arrival was told could only use shuttle 2 times during visit. This made it very difficult and expensive to get to train to travel during my stay. Shame on you. Worst motel I have ever visited.
3 night business trip May 22, 2014
Allen Davidson
"Cleanliness and Noise issues"
The bed had not been cleaned under for at least 6 months (ther was an airline boarding pass from August 2013 there). There was a tennis ball, crayons, candy wrappers and at least a quarter inch of dust, I have photos. There was a loud party in the room next-door. We had to go to the office three times before they called the police at 11 o'clock to make them quiet down. The night manager was very helpful and responsive, the rest were so-so.
6 night business trip May 15, 2014
S.
"Upsetting experience"
Out of four lamps in the tiny room we stayed in, only 1 worked. The bathroom reeked of bleach. The carpeting in front of the bathroom and by the bed was completely soaked. The bed was detached from the headboard. The hostess placed both my significant other and I on hold for simple check-in questions and never came back to either one of us. The wall near the bathroom had been patched recently and the work done was not good. The ceiling was full of undesirable looking water stains. We did not feel welcomed by the one staff member we met. We were forced to use the free shuttle service two hours before needed. This was the single worst experience I have had at an accommodation of this price point. I cannot believe they are still in business. Please spend a little more to feel comfortable if staying in the Chicago area.
Other trip May 22, 2014
denise
"Anything but convenient"
Website states shuttle to and from O'Hare. Reality is ONLY for Check-in and Check-out. Bus runs daily every 30 minutes to Blue-line and is difficult to locate bus stop. Taxi is $24 to airport. Staff is reasonably friendly. Few local restaurant choices.
3 night business trip May 17, 2014
"This hotel was horrible!!!"
Firstly, the woman at the front desk was rude. I had reserved the shuttle at 5:00am to catch a flight. She called at 4:45 to let me know that it was leaving in a couple of minutes. (Um... 15 minutes is more than a "couple of minutes".) Secondly, the room was so dated. It looked like something from a TV show where a serial murderer commits the crime. And it was the motel style which didn't put my imagination at ease. In addition, the walls were so thin I could hear my neighbors... and I think they were having just a casual conversation. Thirdly, the room was so dirty. The sheets had holes and a grayish hew. And the box spring had water damage and what I believe was mold.
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
D
"well worth the money"
The heater in our room wasn't working and they immediately moved us to a different (nicer) room.the staff was exceptional.the only bad thing about the whole place was the microwave in the room.it was disgustingly filthy.
3 night business trip May 13, 2014
BJ
"It was nice to find a place with shuttle service.."
Was stranded in chi-town!!!!! This place had shuttle to/from airport. Was able to order a decent salad.... and if I hadn't seen it w/ my own eye, the real do try to clean the place...
Other trip May 20, 2014
Sandra
"layover shelter"
Plane was held over.this was the cheapest hotel.was not too bad.aside from a McDonald's and a white castle,ordering out was only option without a cab.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
matt
The room was nicely appointed. Towels in bathroom pretty old, thin. Hallway to non smoking room very smokey. Nice room for the price.
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2014
"It was a pleasant stay at Days Inn"
Had a good experience during my stay with Days Inn at Elk Groove Village in Chicago.
Other trip May 16, 2014
MWB
"Great for the price."
My recent stay was great. The rooms are outdated, but clean and the staff was very attentive and helpful. The free breakfast and shuttle bus service make it a great value for those traveling on a budget or just wanting to spend their money on other things. My only complaint was the unfriendly and rude attitude of the lady shuttle bus driver at night. Everything else was a positive and pleasant experience.
6 night trip May 1, 2014
Brian007
"decent hotel for average people"
Nothing bad @ this hotel
2 night business trip Apr 10, 2014
"1"
Beds extremely hard. Let one person be on the one computer for way to long when others were waiting.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Free shuttle was the highlight"
I did not expect much from this 1.5 star hotel when I booked my reservation, but I needed a place to stay last minute. I had a long layover in Chicago and needed a place to take a shower and get a few hours of sleep before returning for my connecting flight. It was about 15 minutes from the airport and they do provide a free shuttle, which was nice. The whole place seemed really run-down and low budget. The towels seemed clean but had some marks on them. When I took a shower, the water would occasionally sputter and make all this noise, but I never fully lost heat. The breakfast is free but don't expect much from it. I had a piece of toast and wanted a banana but they were all still a little green. The juice machine didn't work at all and I watched a worker unwrap the "fresh-baked" pastries from their wrappers. Since it was a cold night in Chicago, I was very happy that the heater worked quickly to warm up the room. Overall, I'm not sure I would choose this hotel again in the future.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"it was ok"
We stayed there for almost a week. Great location. Good price. Thanks.
3 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
Mikhail
I had a great stay at this location. The only thing I did not like is the 30 plus minutes I had to wait for the shuttle to pick me up from the airport.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
I took their shuttle to the airport to see my parents. When I needed them to pick me up, I was told to wait at shuttle center until they had customers was going to the airport. I could't confirmed the time and I had to stand by. I ended up taking taxi back. Plus the people there is horrible. I would never ever live there again.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2014
shirley
"Park & Ride - Prepare to pay more $$$ upon arrival"
Used hotel as Park & Ride from O'Hare airport, with the hotel stay upon my return to chicago. The Expedia site lists the hotel as having free parking with stay (i.e. park & ride). Upon arriving at the hotel, I was charged an additional $84 dollars to leave my vehicle. I had to catch my plane, so there was no negotiating and the staff was very firm that there was only free parking on the specific night you stayed at the hotel; additional parking would be charged per night (and must be paid before I leave). Knowing this ahead of time, I would have avoided this outdated hotel/motel altogether. Definitely not worth the extra charge.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Creepy Hotel"
When we arrived at the hotel we were told that to park our car for more than overnight we had to pay 8.50 per night which is NOT specifically clear in their website!!!!!!!!!I have stayed previously in other hotels close by, where I was never charged to leave my car when flying away for vacation!!!I The room they gave us was in the first floor where the heat barely worked close to the door and we were freezing because it was 5F that night!!!!!!!The water tasted bad and we could hear people walking and talking right outside our room!Stay away from this hotel if possible!!!!!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Rafael
"Acceptable Stay"
We were here for 2 weeks in between moving out of one place and into the new one. The staff was very helpful and met our needs well. The room was mostly a place to sleep. We did have a room with the mini-fridge--and it was MINI. We couldn't get a gallon of milk into it. And no freezer to speak of al all. The down side is that the door had a gap so we got the winter wind coming underneath it--but we used one of the towels and rolled it up. The only other down side is that we had to pull furniture out to get to outlets for phone chargers.
7 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Comfortable bed with pillow options!"
The best part of the hotel was that both beds in my room had three pillows. Three different types of pillows - a firm, a medium and a soft. That is something I've not seen in hotels with more stars! The bed was comfortable, everything in the room worked. It's definitely an older building and either the water in this part of town tastes funny or the pipes in the hotel are starting to rust. Not a huge deal, but there was a bit of a taste to the water [and I'm not a picky water person!]. There was an issue with the wifi [it didn't work]. But when I called the front desk, the lady apologized and said she'd restart the router. About 10 minutes later, all was good. Breakfast was a typical Continental Breakfast. Nothing too fancy, but a nice way to start the day.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"decent motel"
I booked at the last minute when a snowstorm and flight cancelation meant that I had to spend the night. Anita, who was at reception in the morning, was very helpful. She was friendly and she put out breakfast early For those of us who were going to catch early flights. My only complaint was that there was no hot water from my bathtub. There was, however, hot water from my sink. Because I arrived so late, I didn't mention it to the staff, So I don't know how they would have reacted.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2013
"A place to to crash for early morning travel"
The hotel was dated but close to the airport so it was very convenient. The price was very reasonable for a good nights sleep. If your trip is greater than a single day don't count on leaving a vehicle at the lot. Was to only over bight parking allowed.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
The late night desk person was very very rude wouldn't show me Exacly where my room was on top of that it was very hard to understand what was coming out of her mouth
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Bart
"Days Inn Elk Grove"
Rooms were ok. Couple of major points that needs to be addressed are: 1) They say free shuttle but hidden thing is they provide shuttle only on check in and check out. On other days its available only if you are fortunate enough to have somebody checking in/out with you. 2) They ask to purchase water from vending machine. Water is not drinkable which comes from tabs. Even water fountains are not available. Corridor has smoking smell which might irritate some people.
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
"Review"
Over all stay at Days Inn was good. I will stay there again.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2013