All hotels in Mattoon, Illinois, United States of America
206 Mcfall Rd, Mattoon, IL, 61938, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

"Nice place easy on and off to interstate"
The motel is close to I 55, but far enough back there is no road noise. Nice pool, friendly staff and decent breakfast. Close to the college and I have been told it is not far to Amish country for the shoppers. We did not stay. That long, but have booked for a return trip. Newly remodeled and restaurants close by.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Daddyvee
"LOVED HOTEL.... stayed on our way back through too"
We had a great experience at the Baymont in Mattoon. We were driving to Tennessee and stayed on our way down. The staff was SUPER friendly, our room was exceptionally clean and the pool/hot tub were just right. The only negative of the hotel at all was the breakfast is a little less than desirable... but it was included in our overnight rate. On our way back home, we even drove an extra hour just to get back to stay at the hotel again. When we woke up to leave the next morning, we found our tire was flat in the parking lot (bent rim from hitting a pothole... in Illinois? Who'da thunk??? LOL). The front desk staff was very helpful in finding a company (Neal Tire... I highly recommend if you find yourself in need of a tire company in Mattoon!) that came to the hotel and fixed our tire while the kids swam. Overall, great experience and we will be staying there again! Especially love the fact that the ENTIRE hotel is smoke free!!!!
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Tonya P
"Close to Charleston"
Facility seemed relatively new. Rooms was clean and comfortable. Reasonably good free breakfast.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Excellent Stay, Friendly Staff, Great Breakfast"
Overall a great stay. Easy check in / check out. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Hotel was very clean and well kept. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows and bathroom was clean. I highly recommend staying here.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Disappointing!"
For the amount I paid I was not impressed! Had to call the desk 3 times to complain about kids running up and down the hallway while my little girls were trying to sleep and nothing was done...just not a pleasant stay! Won't stay again!!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
"awesome!"
We had a wonderful experience at Baymount, It was clean , the room was big. The bed was so comfortable, I was very impressed that they had exercise equipment. The staff was so pleasant. When we walked in the young man at the desk was on the phone trying to give someone directions to the hotel, he was so patient , ackowleged us and very patiently gave them directions, we could tell they didn't have a clue and he was so patient with them. Very cordial to us as well. We were so happy with the price. The breakfast was wonderful! There was not one thing that we could think of that we were not happy with!
1 night trip Mar 4, 2014
Dawn V
"WIne weekend"
Room was ok for a weekend stay when you're not spending that much time in the hotel room. pool was too cool for comfortable use. Hot tub was fine. Breakfast was just mediocre. Nothing special tho they did have chocolate waffles which I've not seen elsewhere. No fridge or microwave in room. Didn't realize that when booking. Room service failed to clean our room the first morning even tho we left the room by 11 am. Front desk was quick to relplenish towels when asked.
2 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2014
"Great!"
The pool was very clean. They have a hot tub (most Mattoon hotels do not). The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous. The free hot breakfast was the only soft spot but it wasn't bad, it just wasn't Cracker Barrel. It's basic but fine. Don't let the name fooll you as a 90's chain. The owners obviously take pride in their hotel. Priced right.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Kyle
"Hot desk clerks"
It was great younger female desk clerks that like to hangout give guests special treatment I will go back
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Passing through but a 3 day stay"
The free breakfast was one of the best I have had. Very good veriety.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
Debnnis
"Very Comfortable and clean"
It was a very nice room and everything worked properly. A good value for the money spent.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
MAH
Recently updated rooms and decor since last stay. Very nice. Friendly staff.
3 night trip Oct 28, 2013
Cathy
"Question"
If you book a room for 2 people, why do they leave only 1 bottle of water, 1 single serve pack of coffee but 3 cups? We left a note for housekeeping asking for extra packs of coffee and that day she left none! I know it is a value hotel and it is a great value but the breakfast needs some improvement. Barely cooked sausages one day, sandwich sliced ham another day and hard biscuits. It needs some TLC.
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Wonderfully nice employees. Definitely would go back, especially for the price.
4 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
Abby
he hotel was very clean and the staff was very responsive. The beds were weird They felt like air matresses. In particular, the pillows were awful (both my siter and I commented on it)
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"smelly"
Had to move rooms due to unpleasant urine odor. My new room, however had a new smell that as almost as unpleasant. I chose to just bear with it for the night.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"wonderful"
I travel to Mattoon Illinois four times a year this was the first time to stay @ the Baymont Inn I will definitely be back !! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless ! And the breakfast was was very good and well stocked! The price for the room was very economical verses the the other hotels available and they fail in comparison!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Benjamin
"Nice, clean, delivered as promised."
Located by highway exit. Rooms are fresh and clean, services and complimentary services (breakfast, coffee, etc.) provided as advertised. Very nice stay.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Up2Drew
"EIU Parents"
Clean, quiet option...Short drive to university....Decent continental breakfast. I would stay here again
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
SJB
"EIU Family Weekend"
Check in and Check out went very smooth, the room was brand new very clean and nice.. breakfast was ok but nice to have.. you heard housekeeping way to early with the doors slamming over and over again, but all in all the place was nice and would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Great hotel for everyone"
Very nice clean hotel. Room was roomy and very clean. Staff very informative and friendly
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
kelley
"Breakfast, Comfort, and Good Location"
We stayed at the Baymont Inn for 3 nights while attending Corvette Funfest in Effingham. There were 5 other couples who also stayed. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast included hot items like eggs and sausage or bacon, and there is a Steak and Shake in close walking distance. We were 20 miles away from our activity, but close to the highway. We all had a good experience and would recommend this hotel.
3 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2013
Ellen
"Great Hotel & Staff"
This was a great hotel. The updates and renovation will make anyone feel at home. Their breakfast was great; compares nicely to the more upscale business traveler hotels. The staff was great, friendly and very attentive to our needs. Made our group trip memorable. Will stay here again!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
"Very Satisfactory"
We stayed two nights. Even though some renovation was going on, the general cleanliness was just fine. Room was quiet. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Choices at the breakfast bar were very good. The only mild complaint is that there were only 4 tables for seating at breakfast causing some to wait, take their meal to their rooms or to seat themselves outside the hotel entrance. We will probably stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Gene S.
"Nice hotel close to interstate and dining"
Clean room with friendly staff and good location. There were good dining choices nearby.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Friendly Staff Wonderful Beds"
The staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful. There is a very nice pool and hot tub for guests to use. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the memory foam mattress was a key selling point. We have one at home and often miss it when we have to stay in hotels. The fact that they advertise they have memory foam mattresses is why we picked this particular hotel. We were not disappointed! We would have given the hotel a 5 on hotel facilities and condition, were it not for the fact that when we pulled up to the hotel we discovered it was under extensive remodeling. Workers were still sanding drywall, painting, drilling, etc. The lobby was dusty, and the hallways were full of workers and equipment. Everyone was pleasant and apologetic for the dust and noise, but it might have been nice to know ahead of time. Had I called the hotel rather than booking online, I would have been forewarned. The room itself was clean, neat, and well kept. We will be using this hotel again, but we may wait until the remodel is complete in about a month or so. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel because the lobby was draped with plastic sheeting when we came downstairs. We chose to walk across the parking lot to a restaurant. Checkout was easy, after we wove through the maze of plastic sheeting to find the office, as the front desk was sealed off from the dust of the workers.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Shannon
"Nice room, not so nice contract!"
First off, I liked the third floor room, it was very nice, brand new, and clean. The free hot breakfast was okay. The price was better than the hotel next door, but considering the circumstances I would have paid more to stay at the Comfort Inn Matoon. The location was right off the interstate (very convenient) and there was a McDonalds and Steak N Shake right next door. WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE was when I got there, they made me sign a 'contract' stating that if I smoked in a nonsmoking room, they would charge me $250 plus a $50 charge, and if I left the room dirty (there were no stipulations, just if the manager felt like it), they would charge me $150. The attendant explained that it was due to it being remodeled---That is was! There were workers present, tools left out, dust and torn up carpet in the first floor, not a nice atmosphere to walk into! Now the third floor had none of these distractions, it was brand new and completed. I felt as though they should have sectioned off the remodeling parts to keep customers from having to see (or trip over) tools, contractors, and not to see dusty conditions without any carpet--it was very evident the place was being remodeled. Had I known that, I would not have booked the place.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Easy On and Off the Highway"
They are in the process of remodeling this hotel and it will be a jewel when it is finished. We had a recently remodeled suite and it was very comfortable and clean. I am guessing that the last things to be done are the elevators and hallways, so I had to rate the condition and maintenance of the hotel at a "3" because of the mess all the construction is causing.They were running a special and we took a suite for the price of a King . It was a good deal. The hotel offers a fitness room, indoor pool and I saw washers and dryers for guests to do their laundry. They did offer a hot breakfast but we were too late to eat and we did not see what was available. There are plenty of decent places to eat nearby.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Andrea
"stay for family wedding"
Hotel is good, have stay here many times before. Little difficult with big baseball tournament this weekend, but breakfast was really good. Will stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"The entire hotel was under construction."
This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Paid full price for unacceptable accommodations. The hotel should have been closed due to construction. Instead of imposing a large price tag on worse than sub-standard conditions. I do not recommend this hotel nor will I ever stay their again.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"Good time"
Went to a family reuion and had a good time. The staff at the hotel were very curtious. And of course I forgot my swim suit. But the hot tub sure looked good. Next time I will remember it. I would stay again.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"Renovation in progress"
The hotel is in the middle of a major renovation - a much needed one - so some areas were not available like the workout room. Loved the location and convenience to eating and access to the interstate.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
Diana
"Fantastic!"
We were thoroughly impressed with Baymont! The staff was friendly and sincere. The room was clean and very nice. We liked that after spending hours in the car, there were restaurants in walking distance. (Cody's Roadhouse was phenomenal!) Even though the 2nd floor was under construction, the hotel was clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast was nice. Considering the price, we were hesitant at first to book the hotel, but after our stay, we will make this hotel our first pick for our next trip!
1 night business trip May 26, 2013
Beverly
Originally had booked multiple rooms at the quality inn in town plans changed and we had to cancel 2 rooms. The service there was terrible and we were told it was area policy that they needed a 7 day notice to cancel rooms.... We called 5 days in advance...... Finally all the rooms that we needed to cancel were taken care of after 2 days of calling and we were assured that this was fine! By quality inn because the were going to make money back and "up charge the rooms for the event that we canceled. We later canceled all our rooms at quality inn and switch here the staff was polite and the place was outstanding. We asked out of curiosity about the area policy of 7 days and were told by every hotel other than quality inn that it was a 6 hour cancelation policy........
1 night trip May 3, 2013
BG
"nice hotel close to Charleston,il"
newly renovated. clean. wonderful continental breakfast
Other trip May 5, 2013
"Very nice."
Baymont Inn is redoing there rooms and I stayed in a room that was done, and it was very nice.
1 night trip May 2, 2013
"Close to interstate and restaurants"
This motel is currently under renovation and it is a little noisy during the day. However, at night it is quiet and we slept very well. It is close to several restaurants and to the interstate. The staff were all very friendly and our room was clean. The continental breakfast was good with the usual items. We were happy with our stay.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2013
"MORE for your money ~ Wonderful experience!!"
We were totally happy with our stay at Baymont Inn! Kathy (at the front desk) was extremely nice & helpful both when I called a few days early for details & again upon our arrival. Our freshly remodeled room was spacious, very clean and nice and quiet. The new mattress & down bedding were very comfortable. The pool & hot tub were clean & attractive. The complimentary continental breakfast was the best, including the likes of biscuits & gravy, bacon, cheese omelets, fresh fruit, yogurt, English muffins, etc. We have stayed at many hotels in the last few years, but Baymont easily ranks at the top of the list. We have paid lots more money for hotels of substantially lessor quality. Thank you Kathy & thank you Baymont!
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
JC
"Off the highway"
Ok for 1 night, they are still remodeling. Staff could have been a little more out going and friendly. The room was fair, carpet was stained.But once it is done it should be nice.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013
They were starting renovation on the 3rd floor. We stayed on the second and the room was great. Very clean and nice. Room was a little outdated but for the price it was excellent! We will stay here again.
Romance trip Feb 21, 2013
"Very good value"
This is a great room for the area - not the 4 Seasons, but very nice and priced well. Room was quiet and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Would stay again when in the area.
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2013
"ehh"
Queen sheets on a king bed and worn furnishings. staff was great though.
Business trip Feb 10, 2013
Overall a great stay. The staff was absolutely fantastic. They made you feel right at home and did everything they could to ensure a happy guest. The room was comfortable. Although the hotel was still in the middle of a remodel, the room I stayed in was clean- minus a few stains on the carpet. Bed was extremely comfortable. Bathroom and shower were very clean as well. Although I didn't use the pool or hot tub, it looked quite nice. Breakfast was great and much better than expected. Check in and check out was a breeze. Location was convenient right off the interstate and close to many restaurants and gas stations. I can't say enough good about this hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2013
Matt H
The staff was wonderful and frendly.. breakfast was great
5 night business trip Jan 27, 2013
Rhonda
"Continued Customers"
We have stayed here 3 times in 3 yrs.This year they are remodeling & updating. The pool area was already finished and it was very nice. They need to update tv and refrigerator. The mattresses were new and very comfy. It was a Wed. and hotel was quiet. We had pool area to ourselves. It was a very good breakfast with variety of foods . The rooms need more electrical outlets. Conveniently located off freeway.
Other trip Feb 1, 2013
"Under construction"
our room was filthy. the maid had not taken the trash out and there was hair all over the bathroom floor. however the manager appologized several times and made everything right. they were remodeling when we stayed there. will be very nice hotel.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2013
Bill C
"Good for a quick stop."
The location was convenient & the breakfast was good. The room could use some TLC but they had just started a remodel.
Other trip Jan 18, 2013
Tomte
good staff, good breakfast and hot water pool.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2013
"overnight stay"
The motel and room was very nice. We enjoyed all the conveniences. When visiting our son in Charleston, Il. we will definitely use your motel again. The beds were very comfortable. Very satisfied!
1 night trip Dec 24, 2012
"room"
It would've been nice to have a microwave and a mini refrig in the room. Also a flat screen tv and maybe a recliner. We usually stay at the Comfort Suites in Mattoon and only stayed at the Baymont because the other does not allow pets. When we dont have our dog with us, we will continue to stay at the Comfort Suites until the Baymont is updated.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2012