All hotels in Solvang, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1455 Mission Dr, Solvang, CA, 93463, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

25th Wedding Anniv and this was a perfect spot in Solveng. Closer to freeway; end of town (although Solveng is only about 4 square blocks big). Right next to visitor center. We enjoyed Solveng hospitality, wine tasting and beautiful views. Room was very large and comfortable. Upgraded to a balcony at such a nominal rate, I thought it was per day but it was for all 3 days. Breakfest was more than we expected. Staff was wonderful. Very nice pool was heated and Jacuzzi just right. On a different note, I would say the Los Olivos market and restaurant is VERY over-rated. Expensive, odd pairings of meals and not a warm, comfy staff.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Darla
okay
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"good place to stay"
The room was clean, the location was great. Just at the end of town but you could walk everywhere. A bit quieter. On the main road but surrounded by neighborhoods. Try and get a room on the back side. Food was good. Hot eggs, bacon, sausage, pancake machine, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, and good coffee.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
sue
Loved it. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
kristi
"Comfortable and clean"
Very nice young lady welcomed us in office and made sure we had a good stay. Room was large and comfortable. Location excellent. Appreciated underground parking garage.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"BEST PLACE IN SOLVANG!"
Every time I have to go to Solvang I stay at THIS hotel!Why? Because it is by far the nicest place in town! Everyone is pleasant,the rooms are spacious and have a balcony,refer and micro. The beds are also very comphy! You can walk to practically everything in town from this location also. I always tell my friends if they are going to Solvang this is the place to stay!!
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
G.Fears
hotel personnel were marginal in their customer service skills
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"A pleasant place to stay in Solvang"
The Solvang HIE was a pleasant surprise. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. The HIE is at the edge of the business district and a short walk to many restaurants and shops. Parking was underground and kept the car cool. The included breakfast was good except for the unacceptable use of powdered eggs.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Perfect location."
The staff was excellent. The rooms were comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was surprisingly good big variety. The only thing that is negative that I could think of was that when we left I had small red marks on my hands and my feet my husband and my son didn't but I was the only one. Wasn't sure what it was caused from because the room was very clean. When I emailed them, they never responded :( Had a wonderful view from our room / patio.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Jenn
"Ear plugs and blindfold"
It is unfortunate that the hotel had two flaws. The room itself was very large, very clean, comfortable beds, very large bathroom - everything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable BUT unfortunately the room had two flaws that were unbearable. They had a very shear covering over a huge patio door and panel windows that was about 15 feet away from an extremely busy street. So you had a stop and go light, a streetlight and the hotel sign light lit up brightly all night with no way to shield the room from it. Flaw two - It was located directly across from the ice machine, a main entrance and the busy street. So the noise was constant and loud. The rating was based on the room we got - maybe the rest of the hotel is different?? Be very clear about the description of the room you are reserving.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Sue
"Business"
Convenient location for the local hospitals easy to get to right off the 101
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
medical sales
"Convenient to reunion location, shopping and food"
Very spacious and comfortable room. Excellent continental breakfast. Very helpful staff. Wi-Fi.
3 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Walking distance to shops"
Very good
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Grace
Walking distance from the theater and shops. We had a nice time. It was our birthday celebrations.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Deborah
"Great value for money"
Nice hot tub and pool. Very clean. Good staff, good breakfast! Especially the danish coffee rolls!
2 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
Dick Scoggins
"Loved it here! Best choice we made."
I'm thinking the female at the front desk was Yesenia but might be wrong. She was great! We were going to check in 1 hr early but she moved our room without me asking because it was going to be near the trash pick up area & she said 'oh you won't want that room the trash truck is noisy early in the AM. If I move you the room won't be ready for an hour.' We were certainly ok with that because we could find a place to eat and check in later. We are glad we did! The room was spacious and clean. The free breakfast was great; pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, cereal, orange juice, coffee, milk, biscuits & gravy, bananas, and I'm sure I'm missing more. The pool and jacuzzi were great too!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great location in Solvang"
It was very convenient to our walking tour of Solvang. Very close to Buellton's grocery stored and plenty to do in town and with a very little driving, in Los Olivos. Bathroom was nice and we had a great patio overlooking the trees bordering Hans Christian Anderson open space. Breakfast was plentiful and staff responsive to refill requests. Also attentive to the coffee levels in the dining room; my sister loved the coffee they served! Hotel felt old and a little needing a renovation in the hallways in particular. Beds were soft and saggy so if you have a bad back (as I do) you might want to try somewhere else. Also if you want two beds - be sure to call the hotel in advance as they are limited and not confirmed through Hotels.com Pools very small and busy in the afternoons. All in all, we had a great time.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Shirley T
"Disappointment, followed by disbelief..."
Based on ratings, I expected a quality motel. The checki in was fast, but there was no warmth or graciousness to be found in the desk clerk. I prepaid for a standard double queen. I needed to juggle luggage and use the key card to get through three sets of doors. I arrived in my room, which was very clean, but had an overpowering smell of bleach, which never dissipated. I walked further into the room and no queens beds, one king for my mom and I to share. I called the desk and was told the order said standard so they gave me a king and had no queen rooms left. The bed was soft, nice, but on sleeping on it we felt every coil in the mattress. We were awakened early Friday morning to a siren with the fire dept arriving at the hotel. The trucks kept coming throughout the day until finally hazmat showed with at least four firemen in white and blue hazmat suits taking in huge barrels of liquid. At no time did management apologize for any inconvenience or notify guests of concerns. We were out of our room from early morning until evening. Food was fair at best and nothing was like the reviews claimed. I was told by someone that the hotels write their own reviews and posts them. No one who stayed here could have written any of the reviews that gave this hotel 4+ rating. The staff was not friendly, cordial, or inviting. I did not feel valued or that my business was important to them. I stay at many hotels throughout the year for business and pleasure. This hotel is a 2 at best.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Solvang"
Very good .
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Reasonablynice quiet hotel."
Quiet friendly hotel. Reasonably clean but shows wear and tear. Only significant issue was price but I chose to book it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Russ
"Convenient to Solvang shops andPCPA theatre"
It was fine - nothing special, and not awful - a bit expensive, but it was at the height of tourist season, and we were only staying for one night.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Little Denmark, Good Location for Road Trip Stop"
Stayed for a few nights during our San Fran to LA Route 1 road trip. Quaint Danish village with hints of Denmark. Being a frequent visitor to family in Denmark this is no replacement for a visit to the country, but you will find some foods and drink of the nation here. Solvang Brewery was a favorite spot but you will have to get your Carlsberg elsewhere. You can and should share an Akvavit with bartender Johansen there. Skol.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Rasmussen
"Great Parking, Easy Walk to Village"
The rooms were very comfortable, good mountain views, and hotel staff courteous. Convenient walk to the village, so no parking problems as our vehicles stayed in the cool underground parking area. Breakfast was one of the best I have had in my travels. Pool was well kept up. My room was close to the street, but I heard no traffic.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2014
Barb
"Nice Comfortable Room"
The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and nice. Nice location close to market and food. Nice walk to downtown. We very much enjoyed the Third Wednesday Wine and Beer Walk.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Len
Excellent choice when in Solvang.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice find in Solvang"
We had stayed in a handful of hotels in Solvang and were pleasantly surprised by our stay at this hotel. We were allowed to check in early and our room was very large with a nice view. The room also had a refrigerator and a microwave, which is always nice to have when traveling. Also, the bed was comfortable, which was a plus! And, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially when the elevator was broken and room was on the third floor, one of the workers carried our luggage to our room. We would definitely recommend!
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Shauna
"Great Location But Nothing Fancy"
This is a great location if you want to spend the time wandering around Solvang. However, the facilities are a little old and tired. Service was average and rooms along the main road had a lot of noise.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Very nice
5 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Linda cawthon
"Beautiful Rooms"
The whole experience was great, the only negative experience was the women who checked us in. Fast talking, hard to understand and impatience with my questions. Other than that, a great stay!
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Mel
"okay, nothing special"
We were looking for something affordable and this place fit the bill. It was nothing special, just clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"nice hotel in a cute town"
The hotel was nice, though a little expensive. I was glad to have earned a free night from hotels.com. They had a nice continental breakfast and was in walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"A nice place to stay"
Solvang is a great town and this hotel is conveniently located. You can arrive park your car and not drive again until you are headed home!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
We enjoyed our stay and the hotel is located in a perfect place. The front desk staff was helpful but not that friendly. We had asked for a late check-out and were denied. We wanted to leave at 12:30 and apparently it was a problem and we were leaving mid-week. Nice room size and clean.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Great room"
It was a wonderful overnight experience. Everyone and everything was perfect. The room was clean, service was quick and we had the location close to town, all in walking distance. Thank you for the hospitality.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Marsha Prieto
"Solvang at it's best"
Great place for kids, breakfast hands down best HIE!
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Marcos
"Just a stop over"
Enjoyed the city. The hotel is very close to the city and is within walking distance of everything. The hot is okay for one or two nights but the bed was not as firm as other hotel beds. Would stay again though.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Kay
We were only planning on staying one night but found we had many more things that we could do in the area. The hotel was very accommodating for us to stay 3 nights.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Fan too noisy to keep room confortable on a June day and night.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Holiday Inn - Solvang 6/18/14"
Spent a day/night with the family at Solvang. Decided to pick Holiday Inn for the night. Overall a pretty disappointing experience. The hotel staff was incompetent and could not suggest any restaurants to go to. Very strange to say the least. I tried Holiday Inn from my great experiences I had as a child with my parents, but the chain is very run down and needs serious upgrades to really compete with other chains.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Alex
"Solvang"
Very nice. Staff was friendly. The price was a good value. Close to all the shops and restaurants. I would recommend to others.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Hotel was in a wonderful location, within walking distance to everything. The hotel is a bit older and it shows. The room smelled musty like it used to be a smoking room. The continental breakfast was a bit lacking, but plenty of places to eat outside the hotel.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Great location, good value"
Very courteous staff. Renovated rooms, comfortable bed. Best part: very convenient location. Can walk to everything. They also have a free breakfast, but we didn't use it because we wanted to try the pancake place a few door down. Good value for the money.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"excellent stay"
Everything was perfect. The morning breakfast got us off to a great start. I highly recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
"just OK"
Comfortable beds, good breakfast with plenty of choices. Front desk people courteous. However, the hotel hallways are dark, moldy and have a particular odor. Will not stay here again!!
1 night family trip May 23, 2014
Lina
"Quick in Quick Out Needle Shop GREAT"
Located at the entry of Solvang the center of the shopping area is an easy walk. Getting in and out of Solvang from here is a snap. There is a GREAT needle work shop within two blocks on the main street. It has an expansive group of counted cross stitch and needle point canvases at reasonable prices. The owner is clearly very good and her selection is multifaceted and varied. Best canvas for the price, best work for just browsing and enjoying the execution.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Solvang hotel"
walking distance to Solvang attractions; close to many restaurants. Pool was heated. Breakfast was nice and included in price.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"I will be back"
Over my expectation and thanks for upgrade my room
1 night romance trip May 15, 2014
Very nice hotel. Breakfast was very good
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2014
"A Clean and Spacious Room in Solvang"
One good thing about Solvang is that the whole town is walkable no matter where the hotel. My room at this hotel at the edge of town was on the 3rd floor and featured cathedral ceilings and more space than I expected. Decor was a bit '80s but clean and comfortable. I could not hear much traffic noise in spite of the room facing the main road. The complimentary breakfast included more hot selections than most. Check-in and check-out were flawless. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Overnight stay comfortable. Nice clean room. Friendly staff. Good continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2014