All hotels in Solvang, California, United States of America
1455 Mission Dr, Solvang, CA, 93463, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Location made it great!"
Room was great, a little noisy as we were in the front and cars are speeding up to get out of town right there I think. Breakfast was free, and you get what you pay for. The juice was watery, bacon rather raw. eggs just kinda nasty. But with all the bakeries, why waste time with yucky food? Nice pool area too. But never had towels. And even when we asked she never left enough. But wonderful place so none of this really mattered!
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Tina
stayed here with out of state friends for a concert at Chumash Casino. The place is close by and the only not so positive comment we have would be signage as to where we should have parked to get to the right entrance to our room.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Hotel close to everything!"
We stayed for 1 night, is and old building, well maintained, breakfast good.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"No hot water!"
It was a great hotel, however the first day we did not have hot water in the morning, or in the evening that day. The same thing the next morning we had to call to have them get the hot water going.
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Dianne
"Great Getaway!!!"
We had a pleasant stay. The service was excellent. The people were very polite and eager to help. They kept the room clean and guided us to extras of Solvang. A few problems though. One was the hot water in the shower was warm and took a great deal of time to get warm. They asked to conserve water but it was hard to when you needed to wait for the hot water. I also blame myself for not saying anything. Another problem was the morning breakfast. Although typical of any hotel; pre - packaged everything. Lots of sugary stuff. Press a button and out came the pancake. Coffee was good. I still think the polite staff made up for the difference. Great getaway!
2 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Brendan
"good"
good
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
Liang
Great location. Loud air conditioning unit. Good breakfast.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Roy
"Great location to explore Santa Ynez Valley"
Hotel is conveniently located in Solvang as a base to explore Santa Ynez Valley wine country with acceptable breakfast offering.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Donald
"Nice hotel close to the main street"
Solvang is a beautiful place. Very peaceful full with little stores and wineries. Great place to have a good family trip
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Wonderful Service and Friendly Staff!!! A++++"
The staff is wonderful. I booked the hotel with a wrong date and they were still able to accommodate us. Thanks again for the wonderful service
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Pak Ling
"I can't wait to go back and stay here again."
We didn't want to leave!!! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, large rooms with great views, fabulous breakfast, and perfect location.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Beckie
"Great place to stay!"
A+! Very comfy beds!
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Hotel was nice and close to downtown Solvang"
The only issue is the floors where thin and you can hear your neighbors walking around and we had kids above us, therefore you could hear them jumping and pounding on the floor.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Always nice in Solvang."
Clean, affordable, and great location.
1 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
"Solvang Holiday"
I was surprised at the quality of the Breakfast. Many are just high-end continental breakfasts, this was much better. This one was hot, with many items, and if item was low or missing Hostesses quickly refilled items. Hotel was quiet & walking distance to store, wine tasting rooms, restaurants, and tourist shopping
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
We spent 2 nights there. Our room was spacious and comfortable. They had a breakfast buffet every morning that was wonderful - pancakes, eggs, bagels, cinnamon rolls, coffee, etc. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel was in a great location and everything was within walking distance.
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"Great place to stay in Solvang."
Good jumping off point for the many Central Coast wineries. Hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. Friendly staff and very nice breakfast.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
JC
could have saved lots of money going direct and using AAA
2 night trip Oct 19, 2014
jack valdespino
"golf trip to Alisal"
all good
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2014
"Getaway"
Very nice and quiet. Spacious room and very clean.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Joan
"quick and easy in Solvang!"
Came for a wedding in Santa Inez. Hotel is in a great location, liquor store across the street. Amazing shower head in the shower! Great firm king size bed. Staff was sweet, exactly what we needed. Thanks!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Weenend getaway"
We are members at a near by winery, this is a great place to stay when going to an event in Santa Ynez or just staying in Solvang
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Deanna
"Great place to stay!"
Very clean and convenient. The continental breakfast was surprisingly good! Nice selection of food.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not great"
Room was very noisy. The hotel is located on a busy street, so there was a lot of noise from traffic. Even though it was a non-smoking room. The room smelled like cigarette smoke.
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
Really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Conveniently located within walking distance of the shops and restaurants in town. Room was very clean. Service was good. Breakfast much nicer than most in this price range. Being on the main road through town makes it a little louder, ask for a room in the back if you want to open the window for some fresh air.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Todd
"Family overnight in Solvang"
We all loved Solvang! An adorable, danish themed must-see! Very happy with the Holiday Inn Express location, walking distance to shops and restaurants. The kids loved the heated pool & jacuzzi too. My husband and I loved the local wineries and tasting rooms. We will be back...very soon... :)
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Very friendly staff. Nice place to stay close to everything. Good breakfast too.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Very convenient and comfortable.
2 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Paula
25th Wedding Anniv and this was a perfect spot in Solveng. Closer to freeway; end of town (although Solveng is only about 4 square blocks big). Right next to visitor center. We enjoyed Solveng hospitality, wine tasting and beautiful views. Room was very large and comfortable. Upgraded to a balcony at such a nominal rate, I thought it was per day but it was for all 3 days. Breakfest was more than we expected. Staff was wonderful. Very nice pool was heated and Jacuzzi just right. On a different note, I would say the Los Olivos market and restaurant is VERY over-rated. Expensive, odd pairings of meals and not a warm, comfy staff.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Darla
okay
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"good place to stay"
The room was clean, the location was great. Just at the end of town but you could walk everywhere. A bit quieter. On the main road but surrounded by neighborhoods. Try and get a room on the back side. Food was good. Hot eggs, bacon, sausage, pancake machine, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, and good coffee.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
sue
Loved it. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
kristi
"Comfortable and clean"
Very nice young lady welcomed us in office and made sure we had a good stay. Room was large and comfortable. Location excellent. Appreciated underground parking garage.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"BEST PLACE IN SOLVANG!"
Every time I have to go to Solvang I stay at THIS hotel!Why? Because it is by far the nicest place in town! Everyone is pleasant,the rooms are spacious and have a balcony,refer and micro. The beds are also very comphy! You can walk to practically everything in town from this location also. I always tell my friends if they are going to Solvang this is the place to stay!!
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
G.Fears
hotel personnel were marginal in their customer service skills
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"A pleasant place to stay in Solvang"
The Solvang HIE was a pleasant surprise. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. The HIE is at the edge of the business district and a short walk to many restaurants and shops. Parking was underground and kept the car cool. The included breakfast was good except for the unacceptable use of powdered eggs.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Perfect location."
The staff was excellent. The rooms were comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was surprisingly good big variety. The only thing that is negative that I could think of was that when we left I had small red marks on my hands and my feet my husband and my son didn't but I was the only one. Wasn't sure what it was caused from because the room was very clean. When I emailed them, they never responded :( Had a wonderful view from our room / patio.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Jenn
"Ear plugs and blindfold"
It is unfortunate that the hotel had two flaws. The room itself was very large, very clean, comfortable beds, very large bathroom - everything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable BUT unfortunately the room had two flaws that were unbearable. They had a very shear covering over a huge patio door and panel windows that was about 15 feet away from an extremely busy street. So you had a stop and go light, a streetlight and the hotel sign light lit up brightly all night with no way to shield the room from it. Flaw two - It was located directly across from the ice machine, a main entrance and the busy street. So the noise was constant and loud. The rating was based on the room we got - maybe the rest of the hotel is different?? Be very clear about the description of the room you are reserving.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Sue
"Business"
Convenient location for the local hospitals easy to get to right off the 101
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
medical sales
"Convenient to reunion location, shopping and food"
Very spacious and comfortable room. Excellent continental breakfast. Very helpful staff. Wi-Fi.
3 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Walking distance to shops"
Very good
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Grace
Walking distance from the theater and shops. We had a nice time. It was our birthday celebrations.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Deborah
"Great value for money"
Nice hot tub and pool. Very clean. Good staff, good breakfast! Especially the danish coffee rolls!
2 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
Dick Scoggins
"Loved it here! Best choice we made."
I'm thinking the female at the front desk was Yesenia but might be wrong. She was great! We were going to check in 1 hr early but she moved our room without me asking because it was going to be near the trash pick up area & she said 'oh you won't want that room the trash truck is noisy early in the AM. If I move you the room won't be ready for an hour.' We were certainly ok with that because we could find a place to eat and check in later. We are glad we did! The room was spacious and clean. The free breakfast was great; pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, cereal, orange juice, coffee, milk, biscuits & gravy, bananas, and I'm sure I'm missing more. The pool and jacuzzi were great too!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great location in Solvang"
It was very convenient to our walking tour of Solvang. Very close to Buellton's grocery stored and plenty to do in town and with a very little driving, in Los Olivos. Bathroom was nice and we had a great patio overlooking the trees bordering Hans Christian Anderson open space. Breakfast was plentiful and staff responsive to refill requests. Also attentive to the coffee levels in the dining room; my sister loved the coffee they served! Hotel felt old and a little needing a renovation in the hallways in particular. Beds were soft and saggy so if you have a bad back (as I do) you might want to try somewhere else. Also if you want two beds - be sure to call the hotel in advance as they are limited and not confirmed through Hotels.com Pools very small and busy in the afternoons. All in all, we had a great time.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Shirley T
"Disappointment, followed by disbelief..."
Based on ratings, I expected a quality motel. The checki in was fast, but there was no warmth or graciousness to be found in the desk clerk. I prepaid for a standard double queen. I needed to juggle luggage and use the key card to get through three sets of doors. I arrived in my room, which was very clean, but had an overpowering smell of bleach, which never dissipated. I walked further into the room and no queens beds, one king for my mom and I to share. I called the desk and was told the order said standard so they gave me a king and had no queen rooms left. The bed was soft, nice, but on sleeping on it we felt every coil in the mattress. We were awakened early Friday morning to a siren with the fire dept arriving at the hotel. The trucks kept coming throughout the day until finally hazmat showed with at least four firemen in white and blue hazmat suits taking in huge barrels of liquid. At no time did management apologize for any inconvenience or notify guests of concerns. We were out of our room from early morning until evening. Food was fair at best and nothing was like the reviews claimed. I was told by someone that the hotels write their own reviews and posts them. No one who stayed here could have written any of the reviews that gave this hotel 4+ rating. The staff was not friendly, cordial, or inviting. I did not feel valued or that my business was important to them. I stay at many hotels throughout the year for business and pleasure. This hotel is a 2 at best.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Solvang"
Very good .
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Reasonablynice quiet hotel."
Quiet friendly hotel. Reasonably clean but shows wear and tear. Only significant issue was price but I chose to book it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Russ
"Convenient to Solvang shops andPCPA theatre"
It was fine - nothing special, and not awful - a bit expensive, but it was at the height of tourist season, and we were only staying for one night.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Little Denmark, Good Location for Road Trip Stop"
Stayed for a few nights during our San Fran to LA Route 1 road trip. Quaint Danish village with hints of Denmark. Being a frequent visitor to family in Denmark this is no replacement for a visit to the country, but you will find some foods and drink of the nation here. Solvang Brewery was a favorite spot but you will have to get your Carlsberg elsewhere. You can and should share an Akvavit with bartender Johansen there. Skol.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014