All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America

Bar is awesome
  • Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Poor vibe
"Within walking distance to Wrigley Field"
Very clean, nice breakfast, nice neighborhood, and very accommodating to our large group. We chose this hotel due to its location, and we enjoyed a nice walk to and from Wrigley Field.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
lisa a.
Beautiful, quiet neighborhood. Very comfy beds. Nice bathroom. Very pleased.
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2015
Maurice
Our stay at The Willows ended a day early due to a medical emergency. We recieved a complete refund, no questions asked. The next time we visit Chicago, we'll be staying at The Willows.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Wrigley field excursion"
We booked this hotel because we wanted to see a Cubs game at Wrigley field (vs. Detroit Tigers.) The hotel is about 1.2 miles away from Wrigley field and it is "walkable". There's a lot of nice restaurants/bars in the area and it is very clean. The hotel itself is very nice, "older" but clean. It is a little "pricey" but I guess that's what you pay to be close to Wrigley Field. The staff was great, the room was nice, everything worked, but again, it's a little bit older of a building. If you're used to staying at the Holiday Inn Express where everything is newer, then this hotel is not for you. In the future, we may just stay in downtown Chicago and try and get a better deal. We used Uber for transportation and it was great. Someone told us that they paid $15 for Uber from downtown Chicago to Wrigley field, not a bad deal.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
College tours in Chicago
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Great find in wonderful location"
We were delighted with hotel which was a 10-15 minute cab ride from Wrigley Field and only about 15-20 minutes to the heart of downtown. Hotel was a block or two away from many restaurants but street itself was serene. Staff was exceedingly helpful with arranging transportation.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
GK
"Still gets my vote..."
Looking forward to going back again next year. Great staff. Cool neighborhood.
2 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
MARY
"Don't spend more to stay here."
The Willows is one of three Lakeview East hotels in which my wife and I have stayed. We visit the area frequently as my daughter lives in the area. The Days inn and the Inn at Lincoln Park are very similar properties but with lower customer ratings as well as cheaper overall cost to stay. We tried the Willows due to the crazy high rating they get on Expedia. Well, the place is way over rated. Same old walls that allow 95% off any hall way noise to flow into your room and wake you up, same old bed linens, same old towels, same continental breakfast. Don't waste your money at the Willows if it is more expensive than the other two.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Pat
"Old School"
Picked The Willows for location. Pictures and description on line suggested a property that was a little newer and maybe a little more exclusive. Upon arrival realized it is bigger and much older than I thought (in-window air conditioner says it all). Taking the stairs was faster than the elevator. Room was adequate for the quick one night stay, but I'm not sure I will choose The Willows again.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Would stay again"
Great hotel for what I was looking for. It's not super new or with many amenities, but the rooms were big and clean. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
"Overpriced and disappointing"
Beware. The good: Convenient to Halsted/NClark neighborhood. The bad: Very expensive. Rooms are tacky: plastic chairs, garage-style shelves, loose headboard, cramped bathroom, bad lighting, etc. etc. It felt like a Motel 6 on an interstate (no offense to Motel 6, which is actually nicer than this.) Also, I was promised parking on the phone after I booked it, but was told on arrival that they only have "a limited number of parking places", and those were all taken. Very frustrating. The ugly: (see "room" above.)
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Hotel was comfortable but small in size. The hotel was close to several restaurants and shopping locations. Parking garage was available and close by
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
I stayed at the Willows to attend a friend's birthday party. It was all good.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2015
"Lincoln Park and Wrigleyville great location"
This was our 3rd stay here and I was a little disappointed. Our room was pretty noisy because of the air conditioner but more important the bathroom was not as clean and there was not any hot water. We asked twice and was told maintenance was contacted. We never did have hot water during our stay.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Great location, friendly staff, decent breakfast. But sometimes "Old is just Old" :Peeling paint and wallpaper in bathroom, room vent was like a speaker to the neighboring room..we could hear the neighbors screaming & fighting at 2:30 am. Will choose another hotel in the area next time.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Great location with lots of restaurants within 5-6 blocks and other entertainment options too. Close to lake. Self park option is good. Has adequate breakfast. Hotel is in an older building and is showing its age. It could stand some repainting/redecorating(particularly the hallways which are dreary). Still a pretty good deal with the location being the big draw.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Sherry
"Quiet hotel in great neigborhood"
A nice but dated hotel on a very quiet street - very close to good restaurants and shopping. Walking distant to almost anything you could want during your stay. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was so so but adequate. Hotel a bit overpriced but you are paying for location so maybe not so.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Small, hotel with a friendly staff. Within walking distance of drug stores and restaurants. Close to Lincoln Park Cultural Center and Zoo, could walk. A 15 minute cab ride to downtown Chicago. Nice place.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Great, safe neighborhood!"
Close to everything! Nice restaurants, Wal-Mart neighborhood grocery, Starbucks, historic neighborhood blocks from park and zoo.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Chicago visit"
Overall ok. No coffee maker. Very limited choice in breakfast menu.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Vasant
"Good location but disappointing"
Stayed one night with my husband, following a Cub game and visiting relatives. The neighborhood is good and a short walk to Lincoln Park. Our room was clean and fairly comfortable but seems over-priced. It's an old hotel and has lots of character, but the following things disappointed me: although we checked in shortly after 4 pm they had already run out of parking, so we had to park at a lot a couple blocks away; the shower was really lame - very little flow or pressure and no exhaust fan; the walls are pretty thin between units, but luckily turned out to be a pretty quiet night; arrived for breakfast 30 minutes before ending time and there was no more hot food, the milk ran out and was replaced with something that tasted reconstituted - the coffee was actually good at least.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Marcia
The only reason we stay here is because this hotel is extremely well located for a visit to our daughter. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. The bathroom is small with awkward space for storing toiletry bags. I do not understand why they don't install sheer curtains because the rooms look out at apartment windows across a parking alley, and the only way to create privacy is to lower blackout blinds. This makes the room dark and requires turning on lights. Strange.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Alice
"4th of July in Chicago"
We had a great time in Chicago visiting friends, going to Wrigley Field for a Cubs game and seeing The Grateful Dead at Soldier Field. The location was great, particularly for Wrigley. The Willows is a classic old building and we were in the room right above the entrance with a view of the bustling neighborhood. Coffee all day in the lobby and a friendly staff.
4 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
"Good location; 1st floor room-noisy"
I booked this hotel for business. The front desk staff was great; however, I found it odd that I had to carry my suitcase down a flight a stairs to get to the front desk. Then, I had a first floor room and had to carry my suitcase up another set of stairs to get to my room. The room was very clean; bathroom a little dated but still nice. The reason I probably won't book here again is because the window A/C unit started making noise at 4:00 am that I couldn't turn off (even after powering it off). Then, at 7:00 am the dump trucks and/or garbage trucks outside my window were extremely loud. If you stay here, request a higher floor!
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
I absolutely loved The Willows. It was a great location for what I needed. I will most definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Markie
"Interesting neighborhood"
Vintage hotel with charm. Perfect neighborhood with a variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Sweet"
Beautiful area and a great stay. A little costly.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
cindy
"Perfect accommodations"
Very clean and comfortable. Very convenient location. Within Walking distance to many stores, restaurants, parks and zoo. I would stay again. The staff is very nice
8 night family trip May 31, 2015
"Great Experience"
Manager John accommodate our every request. We stayed at the Willows for my daughter's wedding. Service, staff and accommodations were outstanding.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Nice quiet neighborhood hotel, but close to shops"
Visiting our son who lives close by so nice to experience his neighborhood.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Girls night away."
Our stay was very nice. This is an older hotel, but very nice. The rooms were clean and the beds surprisingly comfortable. This was a girls night away trip and we were loud, thankfully the rooms are very soundproof. Expensive, as all hotels in Chicago are, but very charming.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
Monica
"Good for families."
This was an old hotel. A little dated. But it was well run, clean and comfortable. The location is good for transit and walkable for dining. The cost seemed a little higher than others, but it included parking and breakfast. We may stay there again.
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
"hotel review"
Need to guarantee parking at time of reservation.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
evan
"Nice neighborhood hotel close to everything"
Very convenient access from either Lake Shore Drive or Broadway. Surrounded by great little restaurants and small boutiques. Convenient location on side street. Staff very friendly. Continental breakfast very good. Rooms old but large and updated. Parking in back of hotel is easy to access. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 11, 2015
mmamia55
"Chicago Vacation"
This is a boutique hotel and wasn't the same hotel experience I've had in the past with other boutique hotels. The parking situation is tricky. They don't have valet, which is surprising, and in order to park at the front of the hotel, you have to really be paying attention to the spot available to guests. It's rather a small area and there were always 2 cars parked out front, so it was difficult to get in and out. Once parked and inside, the staff wasn't as overly helpful as I've had with all the other hotels. They were training a new hire, (which I understand) but a more welcome greeting after a long day of travel would've been welcome. They seemed a bit confused to the Expedia processing and they never asked me if I needed parking. I had to ask how to bring in our things and how/where to park. We needed a cart for our luggage and getting that seemed to be a rather big ordeal. After finally getting everything from our car, the car parked and into the room, we were content with the room and the rest of our stay.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Jules
We had tried to get a reasonable priced room downtown with no success. The Willows is a great hotel but a little distance from downtown.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice hotel in a quiet neighborhood"
Stayed at this hotel because of a large conference and all hotels in downtown booked. Was surprisingly fine- while old, was comfortable and room large. Continental breakfast in morning. No food otherwise but close to plenty of eateries. Not too far from lake.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
jojo
Stayed at Willows to attend HIMSS conference 2015. By far a great experience and tucked away in a great neighborhood.
4 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
Patrick
"Out-of-towners"
Wind blew through bathroom window making it impossible to shower; it was so cold! Everything else was fine
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Would Stay Again"
Chose this hotel primarily for its proximity to Wrigley. It was a short 20 min walk throug Wrigley-ville. Lots of shops and dining near the hotel and parking was reasonable - $20 a night. Great staff. Would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Good times"
Nice hotel in a cool area of north chicago. Stayed here for recent cubs game and was pleasantly surprised with how close to wrigley field it is. The only downside to our stay was a 6:00 am trashtruck visit in the alley right outside our room that woke up the whole hotel I would bet. Other than that everything positive. Will stay here for future games.
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2015
Adam
"Nice little hotel"
Nice little hotel in the heart of Lincoln Park. Parking is an additional $22/day with in and out privileges. Call them before you check in so they can save you a badge ticket so you can swipe in and out. They only have 15 per day. Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed.... All you need for a nice stay. It's not a 5-star but it's affordable and very convenient. My daughter and I rode the L and buses everywhere from the hotels. Plenty of restaurants within a couple min of walking distance and Walmart, Walgreens, and TJ Max across the street. Fantastic in town location.
3 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Edyta
"Mini Vaca"
My family and I live in two different state we decided to meet in Chicago. When I arrived at the hotel the staff was amazing they made sure I was comfortable even asked about my flight. The room was awesome comfortable bed everything was just right.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Treyson
"Impromptu trip was a success"
Got a good rate through Hotels.com a few days before our trip. Staff was very helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Room WiFi worked well. Neighborhood was quiet, near bus lines to take us to the Loop (30 min bus ride). Easy access to Lakeshore trail for a jog. Parking was $22/day with in-out privileges.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Felipe
"Perfect fit"
Went for a weekend getaway with my wife and no kids. The hotel was very clean and cozy. But the location was fantastic! There was a ton of shops, restaurants and bars all around the hotel. We will definitely come back!
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Marcus
Charming, comfortable, park at Walmart lot close, safe, inexpensive... for Chicago. no central air.. will have window units. Nice breakfast in lobby included in room rate. would stay here again.
60 y/o woman
"Wonderful Stay at Willows Hotel"
Great place to stay in Chicago! Ben was a great concierge that was helpful in recommending great places to visit and dine. Daniela always had the room tidy upon our return each day and Heaven was extremely pleasant at the front desk. Good neighborhood and close to the Metro were pluses also!!
3 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
"A seminar made me do it"
Well I must say that it was a surprisingly overall good experience.... I say that because I am used to a lot of space in order to make myself comfortable... I like things spaced out and this stay was opposite of what I'm used to. Everything was close together even the streets... the parking and the buildings.. I really did enjoy my stay the staff was excellent. The room and hotel albeit old the renovation made it cozy.i would definitely stay again if I had to....thanks to a good staff and a clean room I would come back
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Me
"Amazing location, great staff"
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was a good size for 4 people and very clean, but the location on the street level right outside the hotel entrance made it impossible to open up the blinds. The room was very dark. Although we didn't consider this issue to be a serious one, we would have appreciated either knowing ahead of time or having the price adjusted for the situation.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Sue
"love love"
Love this place. Staff went above and beyond and were extremely helpful
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015