All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America

"Close to it all"
Awesome
1 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2015
Nicholas
"Its right next to the L!"
Stayed for a night to see a show. Wasn't terrible, the room was clean, beds were comfy, but the L station is right nextdoor, so trying to get to sleep is more difficult than at other hotels, and we were staying over a weekend when the trains don't run as long. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Josh
"Great Stay, would recommend for the value."
Liked the room. Loved the neighborhood. Staff was young but very friendly. I would definitely stay again. The only issue I had was bathroom knob was sticky and had trouble working at times but they could easily fix that if it weren't the weekend.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Chicago Newby"
We got to City Suites right at check in. The staff was very polite and informative (we had never been to Chicago) They directed us to multiple sights around the city as well as helped us figure out the relatively simple public transport which was located next to the hotel (super convenient). The only complaint was that they had recently had to switch our tv (before we arrived) and we did not have access to the internet options via TV. It wasn't a huge deal, but it would have been nice to watch or stream from our mobile devices. They offered to switch our room free of charge, but we were all ready set up and comfortable. we used the parking that was offered through the hotel, the garage is shared with the local car rental service which was located with in walking distance of the hotel.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
kevin
nice hotel big like ~ i felt like back home when sitting beside fireplace
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Convenient, good service, but dated, and noisy"
Convenient to the Elevated. Walking distance to my daughter's apartment, so that' why I picked it. Good news/bad news. It was SO convenient to the El, that was next door, and noisy. The room had an I-pod docking station/alarm clock, so I played a loop of Sleeping Rain as white noise. The train noise didn't bother me. The room was old and renovated. Guess $119 ++ was fairly reasonable for an in-neighborhood hotel. If I visit again, I'll likely stay there again. Not a bad neighboorhood.
2 night trip Jan 23, 2015
david e
"Lovely hotel!"
This hotel was amazing! The room was quite lovely and comfortable. It was close to the red line which made traveling the city quite easy. the whole area was great! Parking was cheaper than anywhere else that we could find and close to the hotel too. The only thing, the continental breakfast wasn't anything to write home about, bit there are so many redtaurants around it didn't matter. My fiance and I came here this past weekend for a short getaway before the wedding stress got to us, we will definitely be back here again, no doubt about it!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Good location next to the Red Line."
Good location if you need to stay in Lake View and close to Wrigley Field.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Heidi
"City suites inn"
My stay was good. It was comfortable and the cleanliness is in order. Staffs are good workers. However, the television system they contracted is not in order, it is very limited and can cause inconvenience to start. Also, the parking is not free. The suite rate is practical but I wish parking is affordable too because other hotels provide it for free.
5 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Fun Location BUT..."
Great location if you want to check out the fun areas north in the city. Right next to the "L" red line. Very convenient. Rooms are a nice quant size and comfortable. Hotel staff and customer service not the best. Very adequate. Not very helpful and did not seem happy to answer questions. They didnt even write our room number down on our key card, so we had to go back to the lobby to get room number. Overall, we would stay again because location and room worked well for what we were looking for.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
ASE Traveler
"Loved this hotel."
I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. Room and bathroom were clean and spacious. I liked that there were separate living and sleeping areas within the room. Many cool bars and restaurants within walking distance. My only complaint is that we were directly next to the Belmont station and it could be noisy at times. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"Clean hotel, good value and great location"
Friends and I booked this hotel for a night out in the city. It's hard to beat the price and location. You're within walking distance of many great bars and restaurants, and the Belmont el stop is literally right next door. The room was extremely warm when we got there, but after turning on the window units/fans we were able to get it to comfortable temperature relatively quickly. The TVs in our room didn't work well and kept cutting out, but we didn't spend too much time in the room so it wasn't an issue for us. I had a friend stop by the hotel, and the front desk called to make sure I was expecting a guest/it was okay for them to come up. It was comforting to know that they were aware of people entering the hotel, without being too strict or a hassle. Overall, I would definitely stay there again. Besides the issues with the heat and TVs, the room was spacious and well-kept, and we were able to easily get to everywhere we needed to be.
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
This was just what I've been looking for location, price,comfort.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"convenience in the city"
Our stay was good. We were visiting family in the area. The room was a little small, but very accommodating. The bathroom was clean, and good size. The bed was comfortable, tv good.Our room was quiet,didn't hear the trains outside at all. The staff was friendly. Israel was the best, solved a problem we had with parking entrance.Thank you, and I would recommend to friends.
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
heat was off in the room and the staff fixed the problem immediately
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
paul
"Price versus convenience.."
I live in California now, but I'm from Chicago. I also spent a lot of my teens and twenties hanging out in this area. And somehow I remained oblivious to the fact this hotel existed. It's an older building, and obviously the rehab was limited by the fact that there was only so much space available. If you've travelled to Europe you won't be startled by the small elevator or narrow hallways or room radiators. None of these things detracted from my stay. This being the off season, the cost of my room was the same as the Palmer House, but while downtown Chicago can be desolate at night, Lakeview is always going. My room was right next to the red line. Other viewers suggest asking for a room away from the train. But I can honestly say while I could hear the train it wasn't loud enough to keep me awake at night.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Can't wait to revisit!"
The City Suites is conveniently located a few yards from the Red Line Train. There's plenty to do and see on Belmont Ave.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Douglas
"A nice surprise. Old but nicely refurbished."
We were surprised that it was nicer than we thought it would be, given the age and the neighborhood. But it was fine, just overpriced for what we got. But then that's Chicago hotels these days. We would stay again, if the rates were less. Be sure you get a room away from the El, which is right next door. We did, and never heard the train. Excellent helpful staff.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
There was nothing closer in to the city so gave City Suites a try. Very pleased with our experience. Friendly, helpful staff and very large rooms for the price. Convenient to catch the EL also.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"nice and noisey"
Awesome hotel. Night was horrible. Music blaring from somewhere until 4 am. I don't know if that happens every night. But I would not stay without discussing it wiith management before.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2014
Hipmunk
"Not recommendable."
Noisy room by the train station, terrible temperature control (extremely hot at night). Hallways desperately need updates.I'd not recommend this hotel unless you need to stay in the neighborhood.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Eduardo
New carpet throughout would be perfect to spruce up the facility.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
":)"
the room was great and the hotel staff was friendly. My only complaint about the whole thing would be that our room was so unbelievably hot. Other than that everything was perfect
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
Katherine
"well maintained but need noise conceling headphone"
Hotel is definitely good. One drawback, since hotel is next to CTA station, you hear train and announcement all night.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2014
"Disappointing and LOUD for the money spent!"
The hotel is in a neat location for what we wanted to do but that really doesn't make up for the disappointingly small, unattractive rooms that are old and showing a lot of wear. The steam radiators are unbelievably LOUD and OBNOXIOUS, like the banging of an anvil every 20-30 minutes throughout the night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who actually was expecting to sleep at night. It has the tiniest elevator of any hotel I've ever been to...max capacity is 3 people. The parking garage is four blocks away with questionable security (the attendant told me 20 cars had been broken into earlier in the week.) Very overpriced for what we experienced. We could have stayed at a more modern, spacious and comfortable hotel for the same price. I would never stay here again.
Howzitkc
"Nice stay, but overpriced!"
Room was very small for the price! Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate, but I wish they had actual chairs and tables rather than the benches. A little cramped. It is a nice hotel, but I really do think that City Suites is very overpriced!
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
"Small but nice"
Noise from trains was bad, room was really small, but nice bed and nice amenities. Great for a couple for a night out
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Natalie
"Very Small Room"
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was well stocked with great snacks, nice bedding but the room was very small and you can tell this is a very old hotel. It needs some love! The location was perfect and you can walk to everything. It is a good thing that noise doesn't bother me as you can hear everything outside my window and I was on the 4th floor. I just turned up the TV to drown out the street action.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
mike
"Great location!"
I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly & the location was great! I will book with them again if I go to a show again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Lori
Have stayed before so knew what to expect. Great location. Small queen rooms, and very noisy if you're in the side facing the L station. Probably over priced, but there are few options in the neighborhood and Chicago is always expensive.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Friendly & cozy"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and over-all the best staff I've met yet. The size of the rooms was smaller than I expected, so the pricey rates were made up for by the hotel being within feet of most anything you want. The train is just feet to the left of the hotel, so there's easy access to anything in the city. The bed was very cozy and the bathroom very nice. I loved the soaps in the bathroom. The hotel is older and it shows in the creaky floors, but it's a very clean and nice place to stay. Breakfast is bigger than most offered (though the muffins were a little stale) and there's coffee and good tea offered all day, plus cookies in the afternoon.
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
"Fantastic location and great value"
The elevator is small but for the price, and being Chicago, it is a clean enough, fantastically located hotel.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Fair Price, Great Hotel, Phenomenal Service"
The room was comfortable, clean, and the in-room drinks and snacks were cheap. Fantastic customer care from the front desk. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
Joe Thorn
"Great location for Cubs game"
Very nice location for Cubs games. Neighborhood was great. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Hotel is old but well maintained.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Near Wrigley Field"
This hotel is located in the middle of restaurants, shopping and within a 10 minute walk to Wrigely Field. I felt safe with the hotel and walking around the area. Lots to do if you don't want to go downtown. Luis was very helpful at breakfast and when we were checking out! Matter of fact, the staff was EXTREMELY nice and accommodating. Even though the B-Line ran behind the hotel, it wasn't uncomfortable at night. I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Close to Lincoln park and Wrigley field."
This hotel is right next to the subway station which is easy access to where ever you want to visit or explore in chicago.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Joanna
I absolutely enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was within walking distance to Wrigley Field. Rooms were great
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great place to stay near central Chicago."
Totally positive experience. We had a quiet back-facing room; but others in our group had a room on the street side of the building and said there was quite a lot of noise, both from the L trains next door and from late-night "partiers."
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Rosemary
"Great Location/Close to Everything"
I last stayed @ City Suites 9 years ago. It's close to Wrigley Field, lots of ethnic food, watering holes, Lincoln Park, & you can walk to all of it. It was great to see that nothing has changed. Clean room, nice, helpful staff, & excellent morning coffee. My wife loved it, too. We will return when the Cubs host the Mets!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
steve
The 1st room was a large closet by the train! A clean EXPENSIVE closet! The second room was much better. It was large, clean, comfortable. Great local. The "so called" bellman was a peace of crap! I thought he was a kid just hanging out with a buddy by the door. He never once assisted or addressed ANYONE! Later saw him in street clothes getter liquor out the back room. Professional!
"Close to Wrigley, Great neighborhood"
Good small hotel. We will be back. If the sounds of the el train are a bother, ask for rooms on east side. We liked our west room, it sounds like Chicago.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Amtrak Traveller
"Great for the price"
Although it's not a new facility it's well cleaned.. staff was friendly and helpful ... I would say vintage ... would probably use again
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
lilly
"clean, friendly and convenient"
The staff was friendly, the hotel is within walking distance to local shows, or the water. Plenty of local restaurants, and a clean, friendly neighborhood. Also close to public transportation. I would definitely come back.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Gail
The hotel stay was very comfortable. Great location. A negative that I experienced was the parking. Someone tried to break in into our van.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!"
This hotel is located in the middle of everything. Walking distance to Wrigley Field, many great bars and eateries. The red line is located just left of hotel that can take you to any other part of the city. Room was a little smaller than regular hotels but still a great stay.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"This was our second stay there..."
We stayed there last year and thought the hotel needed upgrading. During the past year, they did just that! They even offer a continental breakfast now! The area is very busy, and the nightlife seems to be livelier in front of the hotel. If you can get a high floor (3rd or 4th) the noise doesn't seem so loud even if you're in the front by the street, which we were. All in all, we were very satisfied and would stay again.
3 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"The location was really good, close to the train."
The room was okay, but the staff was very nice and accommodating.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
san
Great location! the L was only about half a block away.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
We are planning to return to the City Suites Hotel in the very near future. The location is perfect, the hotel staff are warm and accommodating and the rates are very reasonable. The only slight negative for our particular room was that one of the two window air conditioners was a little too noisy.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014