All hotels in Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
20 Frontage Rd, Newark, NJ, 07114, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Service is adequate
    Regular internet service
    Dirty
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Bed bugs"
Found live bed bug crawling across my pillow as I was about to lie down. Picked it up and took to management. They offered another room but there were signs behind headboard in that room too. It was a long night. Pay more and stay in a hotel where they at least are trying their best to fight this epidemic.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
dino
"Nice for the price"
Was a nice sorprise for the price but the front desk man was unpolite and unfriendly. I go down 5:57am for take the shuttle to the airport at 6 and the shuttle was living and this man dont try to help me and in adittion talk to me like a punish me until I ask him respect.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
"Very satisfied customer"
I traveling by train fm Newark to Virginia. My stay at the Howard Johnson's was very pleasant.
1 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
You get what you pay you are getting a low rate for the hotel but alsp the quality for the rooms is poor the beds are bit hard but just for sleeping it can go with it. Dislike the point that for the quality of the hotel you still have to pay for parking when it should be free its one of the points that should be change from the hotel. Staff from there are helpful due to provide with good customer service and did help fix problem about payment method. Staff feom the hptel also help on lowering the price for the parking. The process for the checkput was not difficult at all staff provided with very easy way to check out. But the only and main point that was dissapointed was the fact that expected alil bit more quality for the bed from the room due to the beds from the rooms were very hard and old and bit smell from the room. If the equipment from this hotel wpuld to be updated and the rules for the parking change to have a free parking would consider back to stay at the hotel otherwise would rather look for another hotel due to for a couple of dollars more i could find a better quality hotel with free breakfast and free parking lot. Alsp had a misssunderstand that staff charge from acct a different amount that the one showing on my confirmation number was dissapointed for the situation, but the god point was that after calling the hotel staff and clarify i was able to get my refund for some other hotel fees and my parking was charge again eventhough it was already paid for it.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
I was not aware that I have to pay $15 to park my car at the parking lot... They have come up with different ways to get extra money out of customer.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Syed
"Where is a Manager when you need one?"
We have been to this hotel before and had a great stay. That's the reason we chose to book again. How much has changed in 2 months. I have yet to speak to the manager. How is there not a manager on duty within 24 hours? The room smelled like mold. Refrigerator did not work. Bathroom was dirty and tub was clogged could not use. Toilet would not flush. Air conditioner was spitting out condensation on the bed. It was a horrible stay.
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Couple/Birthday Vacation"
It was a Birthday/getaway trip for my girlfriend and I. We had a good time. The only complaint is that the Shuttle that drops you off in New York could be bigger to commendate the guest that didn't travel by Car.
4 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Chionesu S.
"Mold"
It was mold every where when you walk the hallways you smell mold when you in the bathroom mold on the wall the room carpet smelled like mold people can get sick
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
jasmine
"Barely "OK"! Will search for other next time!"
The front desk people were hard to understand. The service into NYC was way too expensive, although cheaper than a taxi or uber, though not by much for 5 people. And explanation of how to get into the city would be much more useful, such as taking the PATH and city parking for the day. The hotel's own daily parking was ok. The restaurant was over priced and not very good quality. The room was clean - but not enough towels and the beds were not very comfortable and the shower did not have good water pressure.
4 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
"Parking isn't free at HOJO"
When you make a reservation no one tells you that you must pay for parking! If that was mentioned to me upon me reserving my room, I would have looked else where.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Keith
"My Trip to New York"
I stayed in New Jersey because it is considerably less expensive. The hotel provides service with a shuttle that will take you round trip to New York City. Even with the closeness to the airport, the hotel itself is quiet. The experience was very nice.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
don
"Conveniently located right off the highway"
This was the second time staying at this hotel and it was comfortable. The only downfall is that it's right next to the airport and is loud when planes take off and land. They were accommodating with a crib for my 1 year old daughter and she slept comfortably as well even with the noise from the planes. There was a smell to the room which seemed to have been covered up by a spray. We bought candles to mask the smell which did a decent job, but at 2a, the smoke alarm went off scaring us half to death so we had to blow the candles out and funk came back. The smell wasn't unbearable, but definitely noticeable. You get what you pay for, but if you don't plan on staying in the room much, is definitely worth it.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Christina
clean and convenient. Too noisy in the lobby though.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Lorraine
We were in an industrial area; so there were NO stores around. It was hot; and we would have liked an ice cold beer. Restaurant nor gift shop had one beer.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Decent place good price!"
Hard to find a hotel near NYC that is inexpensive. This was great. I didn't expect a 5-star gleaming hotel, and I only needed it for a night - less than 24 hours - so it for my needs perfectly. I was concerned the planes were going to be too loud and disrupt sleep where the airport is right next door but you honestly can't even hear them from the room. Simple and easy check-in/check-out!
Kerry
"Booking website"
The booking website did not make it clear what the actual check in/out hours were....so it appeared on the computer as if I had booked for the FOLLOWING day period...i.e. a couple of hours before my connecting flight left. So I spent 2 hours arguing with the night clerk until he changed the booking date on the computer to agree with their parameters.
Ariel
Good stay, very clean and comfortable. Only issue is paying for parking overnight.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Recommend for overnight stay."
Close to airport and a pretty reasonable price. I would recommend this hotel if you have to stay overnight at EWR. Rooms are comfortable, but nothing fancy.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
"Could be a gamble"
Very nice exterior, very nice staff, great shuttle to and from the airport, great place to park the car for two nights ($15 a night). The treadmill was OK, it was loud and needs some TLC but worked. The windows opened in our room to the outside, but i couldn't find a way to lock them. My 2 rating comes from the amount of air fresheners in the hotel and our room. Our room was on the first floor, and it reeked of cleaning chemicals and air freshener that did not go away during our stay. If I would have had my kids with me I would have asked for my money back and left. I would not stay here again however if I had to do it again, I would try out the second floor. Lastly, domino's delivered fast and fresh pizza after midnight on a weeknight.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Ken
Wonderful for it being my first time visiting.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2015
tiffany
Bathroom door was broken and the water was flowing very slow in the sink and in the shower tub.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
By far the worst hotel experience I ever had. The place smelled, the celing was falling apart, the tib was clogged and the toiled was leaking. When requeste support the just came and put towels around the toilet to hold the water and refuse to change my room. If it wasn't becuase I had my senior mom with me I will have left. I sure don't recommend the place.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Loyda
"a little too shaby"
curtain didn't work. room smelled. elevator was semi broken. i had to pay for parking which was not disclosed upfront on hotels.com. :( otherwise room was clean and people were fine.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
"Layover"
It's ok for 1 night sleep. The room is smell smoke.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2015
Priscilla
"Just a night away"
This was just an unexpected night away the hotel was good for it's purposes. I don't have any complaints i would stay again.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Tezra
I was only there for a day but it was pleasant except for the noisy workers and other visitors. It was alright for a day. The people were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Lucy
"Stingky tub, creepy floor, no Wifi & breakfast"
This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed (stayed on average 10 per year). The bath tub do not drain freely. Worst, when you flash the toilet, water gushed back in the tub, with stinky smell! I checked in late and was too tired to make a complaint or ask for a change of room. The flooring was terrible. You can hear loudly people walking upstair. The free Wifi did not connect in any three of my device. The worst yet: I had a plane to catch in early morning. It was a shock to see no one there to serve breakfast at 6:30am when they state breakfast start from 6:00am. I was the one to turn on the light for the dark breakfast area! I demanded a refund or reduction of charge but was denied. I had to leave in deep disappointment! Hotel.com should take this hotel off the list. I did not have the time to call Hotel.com as I was hurrying to the airport!
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"Love This Place"
I have been staying here for years. It is a very relaxing hotel. You will sleep well here.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
Erik
"Airport"
No good at all. Noises not comfortablecomfortable not respectful
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
jay h
"Grossed out"
I flew in late, checked in at 1:30 a.m. Got to my room, unpacked my bags and got ready for bed. When I pulled sheets down on one bed, sheets were dirty and had a hair ball in it. Then went to bathroom to wash my face, long, dark hairs on EVERY towel. To top it all off a maggot crawled out of the overflow hole in the sink, then crawled back in. Wa too exhausted to repack & go down stairs. Slept in other bed. When I checked out I let the front desk know & showed pictures. The lady said I should have gone back down & switched rooms, like it was my fault. I explained to her the time & that I was too exhausted to pack up and comeback down. They gave me a small discount. Will NEVER stay here again. Disgusting!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Rachel
Was good
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
jose
"An entirely pleasant stay near the airport"
Entirely acceptable. Don't know I would stay here if it wasn't close to the airport, but it was. Free shuttles every half hour to/from the airport, at all hours, so that's nice. Overall - pleasant. not spectacular, but pleasant.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
matthew
sent two days here, room had a lot of flies in it. overall it work out ok.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
DG
"Bad please"
I can not say anything nice hotel, booked for 5 people and had to pay extra bed. I left forgotten earrings 24 carat white gold with diamonds and tell me they didn't find them. Very dishonest. I've never had such an unpleasant experience like this hotel. They are not recommended and if so, make sure to not forget anything because they stay with it.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Descontenta
I found the bathroom to be too dirty for my taste. I realized it was an old facility but that did not excuse the hair on bathroom floor and walls. The bed was Ok but the dust ruffle was a mass of wrinkles. The TV did not work but I did not call for service. If I am in the area again and have an early flight, will find another hotel near the airport.
1 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
Margaret
"Surprise!"
We stayed at this location 2 different nights, one coming and one going from our destination. 5 of our rooms were on the 1st floor the 1st stay. Cleanliness of room, carpet, etc was not satisfactory. Our other 1 room on the 3rd floor was very neat and clean. Parking was a nightmare for our small bus. Was not told on the front end that there was a charge for parking. $25 was a bit much for each of our 2 different stays! Our second stay one week later was a little better. 5 rooms on the 2nd floor were much better than the 1st floor. The other room on the 3rd floor was much the same as the 1st stay. Overall, not exactly what we were expecting. Probably won't choose this location to stay at again. :(
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Sheree
"Never again"
This should have been $40 for one night instead of $89. The hotel is old and dirty. The room felt clammy. Would not recommend it. Only good part was the airport shuttle
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Worst staff"
We asked for extra pillows and the staff said they would deliver it to our room but the pillow was never delivered
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Fair for the proximity to Newark"
The only complain I have is that hotel.com website for the hotel states that parking was free and they charged me $15.00 per day, even after I told them that one of the reasons I had chosen that hotel was that parking was free.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Alexandre
"The hotel was conveniently located"
The room was enough to sleep in it and to take a shower. More of a budget hotel than a relaxing experience. I did see a cockroach in the morning and the hotel needs renovation.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
fsdimradio
"Room very filty"
The room was very dirty, there was wet stains (maybe pee) on the floor. Our belongings had a pee smell from this. There was an overwhelming scent in the room. When we told housekeeping about the wet floor, they didn't do much to clean it.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
I only staid one night waiting on an early fly, the location is near the airport but next to what it looks like a truck stop and warehouses, place is noise and young girls were touring the hallways
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Ana
"Good for a night"
Price was not bad. Rooms were spacious, bathroom was not good.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Terrible"
We were greeted a the front desk by the hotel staff and assigned a room. We went to the room assigned to us. The room had not been cleaned. The bed was not made and in the bathroom the towels were thrown about the floor. We went back to the desk and reported this. We were given another room this room had a powerful chemical cleaning smell which made your eyes water. We could not take it any more and left the hotel.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Hotel front desk staff is pathetic and rude…would never visit again
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Sartaj
the place smelled; the beds were uncomfortable the food available was poor.
"Not good"
Hard old pillows, weak A/C, did not get new pillows when I requested them, uncomfortable bed. I would not stay her again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Old facility, so-so customer service"
My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel. The place is old and a bit run down. We only stayed there because it was late and other better places were entirely full. I don't plan to stay there again. On the plus side it was clean and despite being close the airport surprisingly quiet.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
chema
"Smelly hotel"
The hotel was very dirty and smell really bad. Will not recommend to anyone.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
"Satisfactory Stay. Would come Again"
Comfortable. No real complaints.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015