All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
3101 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33140, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Value!"
Compared to other nearby hotels/residences, I found the Riu to be welcoming, upscale (but not pretentious), clean and comfortable. The price point is great. I would happily return to this hotel.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
"Florida spring break"
Very nice hotel. We had a stunning view of the pool area and ocean. Everyone was so helpful from giving suggestions on sight-seeing to "grabbing" a cab for us. Love that the boardwalk and ocean beach are "right there"! It was a welcome surprise that it was quiet - even during Spring Break 2014.
3 night romance trip Mar 14, 2014
Kathy and Ron
"hotel riu miami"
The hotel was in a perfect location with a nice tropical area with pool and perfect easy access to the beach. The room was a bit outdated but looks like renovations are going on. 22 dollar valet parking per day sucked. Food was yummy but overpriced. Breakfast buffet was convenient and delicious but was 17 per person. The location on the beach definitely made this a great vacation.
3 night trip Mar 4, 2014
very good; great staff who allowed us the great courtesy of a very-late checkout when required to return from a bus tour trip... much appreciated indeed!
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
maggie
"Miami beach stay"
Excellent location. Great view. Had the necessary amenities for a beach stay, no fluffy extras. Hotel is under renovation and looks like it will be even nicer when finished.
3 night trip Mar 1, 2014
sherry
"Shades of former glory"
This hotel is seriously run down and is not at all what it should / could be. The rooms are clean but out-of-date and shabby. The common areas are equally threadbare and old. The hotel is operating as though none of this matters; rooms are clean, service is good, and staff dress like they are working in a 5 star hotel (bowties in a restaurant that only serves sub-par buffet food). There are renovations going on, which will help the rooms (so far only city-view rooms have been renoed) but the lobby, halls, and pool all need as much attention. This hotel reminds me of travels to Cuba....
2 night family trip Mar 2, 2014
"Would stay again"
No issues with the hotel. Had a very nice stay
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2014
"Great value"
We asked for a quiet room and were upgraded to an oceanfront room that was great. They could do a few things better & become a higher class hotel. For instance: free wi-fi; cold water at the pool; HEAT the pool; and frankly get some better pillows. The staff are really nice and that goes a long way towards a happy guest. Guests here are primarily European though we are not- no problem. BTW the lobby is beautiful.
3 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"is good"
all good and employer very service. NEX TIME GO YOUR HOTEL RIU.MY INGLISH IS NO GOOD .ESPAÑOL, BY GRACIAS
2 night family trip Jan 27, 2014
cARLOS R.TORO
"Beautiful grounds, excellent service"
This is a great hotel on the beach away from the South Beach craziness. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and I liked the way they had chairs away from the pool and plenty of shade for adults without kids. Rooms are pretty quiet. Only complaint was the housecleaning staff chatting loudly outside my room at 8:00am which woke me up. I understand they need to start cleaning early to turn the rooms around in time but do they have to shout at each other in the hallway?
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2014
"Great Beach Hotel"
Located on the Beach of Miami Beach, we had a beautiful view of the ocean. Walked along Beach Boardwalk and onto the warm water beach. Had a great time. Room was very clean with coffee, large shower, descent water pressure, and great views. Woke up early to enjoy a fantastic sunrise from our room terrace. Making memories from Miami at the Riu.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
"Felt like I was in another country"
I was not thrilled with this hotel. I was speaking English and it didn't appear that people there knew what I was saying. I went to the restaurant in the morning for a coffee to go and they refused to give it me. I was directed to the hotel next door. When I went there and explained to them that the hotel I am staying at does not have coffee for their customers they gave me the coffee for free. The man by the pool who gave us towels was very nice and actually gave us extra towels. Also, it was very chilly at night but the hotel did not have heat. The front desk was nice enough to give me a portable heater, but I had to go down and get it.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2014
Pat
"Great but lots of fees"
Clean and well located hotel. Price was a little high but consistent with the area. They charge for WIFI - that's not cool especially at these prices. I would stay again.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Billy
"Improved from past reviews"
The RIU ended up better than I thought judging by earlier reviews by others. For example, both elevators appear to be brand new and each were in use, so never had to wait very long for one. Customer service I thought was extremely friendly, especially Simira at the front desk. The wait staff in the restaurant were hard workers. My room appeared to be one of the newly renovated rooms as it was in good shape. I enjoyed the balcony view of the ocean. The only negative was that I called twice before making my reservation to ask whether the swimming pool was heated, each time the clerk said yes it was heated. However when I got there the pool water was very cold which was a significant let down for the trip. Overall I have no problem returning to the RIU in summer, but not in winter with the cold pool.
3 night trip Jan 10, 2014
Bob V.
"Inconvenience"
Guest parking (extra cost) was full - not available, and all public spaces nearby required payment by 8:00 AM or be towed, and with 3 hr maximum time limit. And ... one of two elevators was out of service, making for 10-15 waits to get to or from the room. Long walk to restaurants. Not a good experience.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2014
Dave G
"Construction chaos"
Extremely disappointed in the service and the hotel. We had paid for an ocean view room and was given an ocean view room BUT with construction going on next to our room. The front desk didn't bother to inform of us of that fact when checking in. We then requested another room and were given "ocean front" which turned out to be a view of a roof and a few palm trees. Not wanting to spend the evening watching football on a non-HD TV, we asked the concierge where we could watch the NFL wildcard playoffs and he proceeded to ask us "don't you have a TV in your room?" ...what kind of an answer is that from the concierge? Will we stay at the RIU again or recommend it to our friends....NO.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2014
Disappointed Traveler
"Riu Florida Miami experience"
This is an OK hotel to stay, nothing to boast off. It's NOT VALUE FOR MONEY, we have stayed in hotels which are way better for considerably less prices as compared to Riu. WiFi & Elevator were not working in hotel for both the days we stayed in the hotel during the peak Xmas season.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2013
"Under major renovations and super rude staff"
We had worst night in our life with no sorry at all!!! When we were going to our room all the rooms on the way to our room on 10th floor were open, empty and under major renovation ours was last. It felt very wierd & unsafe passing all the construction guys and tools and mess! They changed the room But the room which was given was very dirty and had horrible sharp smell of mold or something! we were told don't worry go enjoy we will switch the room as we didn't stay in the room at all when we checked in when we returned back in mid might we were told they have no idea what we r saying and the room was same so we went up but the keys were changed and we had to go down again and get new keys! And when we finally entered the room it had same dirty smell and the bathroom was very dirty with sticky urine all over the toilet. Front desk was super rude & yelled it is impossible for the bathroom to be dirty and there is no housekeeping available in the evening and he can't change the room or do anything about the smell and refused to provide cleaning and extra blanket or pillow We were really choking with filthy smell and couldn't use bathroom it was very late when we came back so we had no choice We couldn't even sleep there and as soon as it was morning we checked out even though we had booking for 2 days! No one cared why we r checking out earlier than what we paid for!
2 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
Rita
"Too noisy"
Room walls are thin, you can hear people talking , coughing, you name it. We were on 7 th floor , I was surprised to hear traffic . Stayed 1 night only. If I would return would choose another hotel. Or if you rent bring ear plugs. People are coming and going all hours with interruption to sleep. If rest is not on your list, this place would be fine.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2013
"Our stay at RIU Florida"
Location was excellent! Right on the beach and a few blocks from Lincoln ave.However we switched rooms immediately due to construction racket on our floor. But the staff was friendly and accommodating. Overall it was a good stay.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Javier Alvarez
"Very bad experience"
We showed up to the hotel after booking online early and we thought they we so nice by letting us check in early due to our long trip and we were so ready for a shower an a nap. Once checked in and paying for the valet parking we realized we left an item in the car. Make a note: you are NOT allowed access to your car in te garage. You will have to pay valet again to have them bring your car to you at the front to get the item and then pay again to have them park the vehicle back in the garage. Upon enterin the room we noticed it was very dirty and moldy. They had true to update it but only the beds looked the clean. The bathtub was brown from use with huge (what I can only describe as burn spots) spots all over the bottom. We proceeded to unpack and when my husband went to get in the shower only a trickle of water came out and the toilet would not flush. I immediately calle the front desk and they said they were performing routine maintenance on the plumbing in the hotel and it should be going better soon. We decided we could deal with the trickle just to get somewhat if a shower in. Well, when I went to take a trickle shower all of a sudden there was absolutely no water. When I made another call to the front desk the informed me there would e no water until 4 pm (3 hours from that time) and we should be grateful they let us check in early. So my husband decided to go get some bottled water or something for us to drink and when e asked the front desk where he could get some they let him know he could walk three blocks to a concur menace store to get something as they have nothing at the hotel. What???? She said "it is not that far to walk sir." So when my husband comes back upstairs to let me know we needed to go somewhere, he walks in the door and water started pouring through te ceiling. Needless to say we packed up and left after paying the valet again to go and get our car. When I informed the front desk that they may want to check our room as it was flooding fr
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Wren
"Great pool and service"
Rooms are definitely dated but if you're not in them a lot it's an ok place to stay. Pool and outdoor bar area is a big plus and it's right on the beach. The views are fantastic, especially sunrise. Close to south beach but definitely a cab or bus ride. Staff was great from my experience.
3 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
Patsfan
"Great Visit!"
The hotel rooms and hallways have recently been re-done! Beach and location is great! Love Riu everywhere I travel! Cheers!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
mattinmpls
The staff was very friendly & helpful
2 night trip Dec 8, 2013
Ray
"Good price"
Hotel was nice and clean. Only con is, far from south beach. It's a 30 min walk or you have to take the bus down.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2013
"Affordable and comfortable"
Lovely grounds right next to beach. Staff friendly and helpful. Room clean and bright. However, musty smell hung in the air in the room. Overall, a nice place.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Suzanne
"Indifferent staff"
We had problems with humidity (it was either warm and clammy or cold and clammy) in our very outdated room, but since we were right next to an area of numerous rooms under renovation I'll assume that our room will also be updated. The staff, however, was consistently unwelcoming and indifferent to service, from reception to valet parking to the restaurant host. I would not likely return to this hotel, considering there are so many other options in the immediate area that have better-trained staff when it comes to customer service and guest relations (this wasn't my first stay in Miami Beach).
3 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"Will never stay at this Hotel again"
For the premium price that I paid for two nights that I staid I was expecting a lot more than what this Hotel has to offer. When I first booked my room online I paid for an Ocean view none smoking room, and what do I get after I check in? a smoking room (I dont know how someone can sleep in a room that smeels so bad) with no view to the ocean. At least they were able to move me to another none smoking room with ocean view (if you can call it an ocean view). The "fitness center" is a joke, old machines, no free weights and very small.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Ricardo Raudales
"Great Hotel close to South Beach"
Hotel staff were very nice, part of the hotel was in remodelation but views , location and amenities were fantastic.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Antonio
"BAD EXPERIENCE"
NOT SO ACCOMMODATED CONCIERGE. THE HOTEL WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF RENOVATION
2 night business trip Nov 8, 2013
"Nice staff"
The Location was ok, to get to the City, you Need to Take a Bus or Taxi. The beach is at the Hotel, very clean. The staff was very nice
3 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Christine
"Close to the area we were looking in South Beach."
Very pleasant stay.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
Front desk employees were very friendly, however concierge gave us incorrect information and was not helpful. Overall fine for a girls weekend - bathroom could use an update. Location was perfect and loved the beach access.
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2013
"Overall pretty good"
I would stay again. Just a few things wrong, remote in room didn't work, cleaning staff left a wet cleaning rag in my room.
1 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2013
"Never again"
Hotel is way over rate for the price every thing out dated valet parking is slow no towels after hours not enough help one bell man two valet people the worst hotel I stayed in the last ten years but the works was nice and freindly
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Alvin
Service at your hotel was poor. Had to make several call just to get linens. They took quite a while to respond and when they did arrive, they did not have the items that were requested.
4 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2013
Andrea
"Beach hotel in crowded area with no public parking"
Reasonable accomodation on the beach, with nice view of Miami beach, Hotel ammenities are acceptable but can be better for the price they charge
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"Shirt, Shoes...No Service"
A truly European hotel, in the worst sense of the term. The staff largely was disinterested in helping. With the exception of the maintenance worker who repaired our broken AC, most seemed to care very little about our stay. The valet service was very slow. It took three tries to get extra pillows, with one member of the housekeeping staff refusing a direct request. In addition, the pool closed every night before 8:00, with no towels after 6:00. This seems absolutely ridiculous given the policies at the surrounding hotels. Also, the hotel has limited dining options, but the staff gives you a hard time about having food delivered. The location is good, but I recommend looking for different digs in the neighborhood.
5 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
awesome
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2013
Gerardo
"You take the good; You take the bad"
Good: size of room, bed, mini-fridge, pool, surrounding pool area, and beach. The bad: valet parking ($22per day) and takes 10-20minutes to get your car AND they won't let you call in advance for it. The staff: rude and unhelpful - at the front desk the workers would not take time to explain the numerous things that had additional charges. The concierge didn't know anything about the surrounding area attractions or restaurants. When asked where to go parasailing he responded with "somewhere in bayside, I don't know the name", when asked about a family seafood restaurant he said "drive that way, there are some down there, I don't know the names". Wifi - there is a upcharge based on how many minutes you want to buy. They close the pool every night at 7:30 for cleaning and don't open it back up until morning. The cabanas on the beach are $25.00 per day.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Breakfast buffet should have stayed open later, at least until 11. The continental breakfast was not good for the price and I have never had cold cuts for breakfast. (sorry) Other than that the hotel was great the staf was wonderful and the cleaning staff was absolutely right on the ball thanks.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2013
"great breakfast"
overal great stay! good pool, great breakfast and dinner, good service take a seaview room!
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
Dorina
"beautiful outdoor pools"
My 3 year old daughter enjoyed the kiddie pool very much. It's best to hang out at the pool or at the beach. We like to eat at the small Cuban? food restaurant located 2 hotels to the left of the Riu.
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2013
Mimi
"Could have been better!"
The view was awesome, but room was not so good. The bathrooms were not all that great dirty grout on floor. The walls are paper thin and they only have two, "full" sized beds and have no rooms with a king or queen in it. The staff were very nice, but the rooms were not that great.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2013
"Perfect Location"
Hotel was great, close to everything but far enough away that you can get some good rest. Staff was attentive, pool was nice, beach access convenient.
4 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2013
Rooms were clean but outdated. Pool and beach were great
2 night trip Apr 24, 2013
Chuck
"Don't eat the food"
We loved the beautiful from our room on 7th floor overlooking ocean. It was very clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating but the rest of the staff, particularly the outdoor servers, seemed like they hated their jobs and customers. The buffet in the dining room was the absolute worse food of any I have ever had throughout my many travels around the world. I would stay here again but would not touch that food again - ever!!
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
"Pictures look nicer than hotel was"
This hotel is over priced for what you get. The breakfast was expensive. There was also construction going on right next door. The room was just decent condition, it was run down. However the pool area is very nice and the hotel is right on the beach. To get to dining and south beach it is a good 20 minute walk.
3 night trip Mar 18, 2013
Jill
"Close to beach"
I really enjoyed all the meals and friendly service
3 night family trip Mar 7, 2013
"Pregnant women don't go!"
You cannot get anything to eat except the buffet. I am pregnant and have severe morning sickness. I begged for just coffee and toast and they refused me and told me to go elsewhere even though I wa staying there! I ended up eating next door every morning. Also , you must cart everything with you because rooms do not have working safes. Also pool is overcrowded, impossibly long waits for car service and terrible service at the front desk.
Trip with friends Mar 1, 2013