All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America

Good internet service
    Room is all right
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
Pool guy carol was the best!!!! Guys at valet were nice but $30 a day!! I paid almost $200 a night and i still have to pay that much a day for parking. There is no other parking unless u walk down to a garage and pay $20. Unreal. Rooms took forever to clean. They would clean at 4pm. Pool was nice. Comfortable stay. Not too close to strip if you want a family place its perfect if you went to party its about 10 min with a car from the main area.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
The Riu is a really nice hotel. Very clean and friendly staff. Pool area is amazing. Location is a little far from South Beach but only $4-5 Uber ride down and not a bad walk if you want to get your exercise in. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you don't mind the distance from shopping and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
The experience at the Riu Plaza hotel was extremely incredible, I would personally recommend this exquisite Hotel to anybody who's looking for a place of exuberant comfort for a vacation stay.
"Ehhh"
I had a problem with my tv, tech guy was wonderful , but it never got fixed , it's close to the beach but not to ocean drive , quite a walk away
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"We were not advise that we had to pay for parking"
Hotel has good location and next to the beach but is in a heavy traffic area. You have to pay for valet parking
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Houstonian
"Nice hotel , poor customer service"
Clean pretty hotel , nice pool , on beach. Slightly off beating path of south beach but only $5 uber ride to ocean drive. Staff stinks. Not helpful. Front desk person was a guy , I had an issue he got smart with me and sarcastic. Needed new towels at pool , towel service person disappeared forever.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Can
"Nice location, below average hotel"
The hotel was working without system the first day, slow check in, baggage arrived almost in half an hour to our room. No internet the first day. The room is nice and clean, but the beds are terrible and with wheels moving everywhere. They forgot that some people wants to have some privacy in the beds.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Jorge
"Stay somewhere else"
The lobby is nice and clean. There's no gift shop for necessities like toothpaste etc. Wendy at the front desk was amazingly nice and friendly but we encountered a few others who weren't. We had reasonable expectations for this hotel as it was rated 3.5 stars and was on the cheaper side. But they worked on the SEPTIC not 300 feet from the outdoor dining space. We cancelled our food and were not accommodated in any way nor did we get an apology. The smell was horrendous the entire time we were there. It was almost so bad we couldn't sit at the pool. others also complained. They just didn't care. Overall I was disappointed and will not stay here again. The Palms next door looks nicer
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Emily
"Clean hotel, on the beach!"
Lobby was nice, staff was great, and hotel is beachfront! Pool wasn't that large but I would rather be at the beach anyway. Our room was cute & contemporary.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Excellent hotel very beautiful"
Staff very pleasant pool was beautiful service was amazing very relaxing atmosphere I plan on staying with Riu again
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Fine Location"
Clean ordinary hotel. Nothing like the other Riu properties. Valet Parking is expensive and takes some time to get car. Overall, no major issues.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Family travel
Pleasant Experience, far enough away from the hustle and bustle but also close enough when you want it.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Will stay here again"
The hotel was clean and nice, the room was nice, the sheets were a bit hard, not soft it hurt my tanned skin. The hotel was close to the beach and the service was good, the drinks were too expensive and everything was too far away. overall it was a good hotel.
Damaris
Business hotel, they do NOT have rooms with king beds, only single or double. Room is tidy but cleaning staff don't do a good job on daily cleaning. Good location.
"just ok"
The room was next to the construccion that was 24hr so we couldnt rest The polo was dirty and they charge you tip even if you aré buying an ice cream that you get
m
"Not children friendly"
The beds are really small and hard. They have a guy in charge of the beach towels who is incredibly rude to children. He kept telling the children to stop playing there games in the pool. We had drinks from the pool side bar and he came to tell us three ladies that we couldn't have them in the pool but when some guys were drinking their beers he didn't say anything. Way over priced and not worth it.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Brittany
"Absolutely dislike the renovations."
Bathroom set up very uncomfortable, bathroom door do not lock, sinks take up entire counter space. The old elegance of Riu South Beach is not there, it's kind of decorated Art Deco, not sure what the entire idea behind the decoration was. Missing the old friendly, more mature staff. Lost something in the process. Probably will not go back.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Very nice hotel. Construction going on next door. Staff is very friendly. Right near beach.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Joan
"OK for the price"
The hotel was OK for the price if your going to spend most of your time out of the room. my room smelled like mildew! The food options were limited inside of the hotel and within walking distance. The pool was very small and crowded.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Good location but rooms were noisy
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Nice hotel, close to the beach"
Friendly and amazing customer service , the pool bar has friendly staff and offers the best service and relaxing drinks.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Jacomino jr
"This is the "You Can't Do That" Hotel"
I travel a lot, and this is by far the worst hotel experience I have encountered. At checkin, we were not given any communication about the enormous list of hotel policies that we had to abide by while staying at the hotel. Please remember, this hotel is a resort directly on the beach. Fully covered when walking through hotel lobby, from the beach, pool or elsewhere (had to have swimsuit coverup that covered entire body). Service at patio restaurant...ordered ceasar salad with chicken. Anchovies had been put on the salad without it being a part of the description. We told the waiter and he argued that anchovies were on it (there is no way there is fish on this salad!). We asked for a refund, and he said it wasn't possible. I walked poolside with a blanket in my hand to sit by the pool in the evening and was told I couldn't have blankets or towels from the room anywhere except in the room. Gratuities and tips were included on the bill, without any chance to adjust them, no matter what service we received. CAN'T, CAN'T, CAN'T. I will never ever stay at this hotel again, nor any RIU hotel/resort based on this experience.
Other trip May 21, 2015
J
"Great place to stay on the beach!"
My fiancé and I stayed in this hotel for a night right before a cruise. They had taxis ready to go if you needed a ride somewhere. This hotel was beautiful. Rooms were clean. Loved that it was on the beach. The pool area was nice and drinks were good. The staff was great and very helpful. There was not many restaurants around the area but they had a restaurant at the hotel. One issue I had was when we had breakfast(which was a buffet) I found hair in some of my food which completely turned me off from eating there. My other issue was when we wanted a towel to get in the pool the guy was saying it was closed and it was only 5pm. Overall it was a nice hotel and I would come here again.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Alicia
"Beware- construction next door and on property"
Cute purple themed rooms- awful flat pillows and we expected 2 queen beds however, they seemed more like full sized beds. There's a hotel being built directly to the left of this hotel which makes hanging out by the poolside a nightmare! It was anything but relaxing and filled with noise from 8am-430pm. Also, the hotel did construction by the poolside while we were there. This place was noisy noisy noisy. It's too far from the main attractions and can cost approx $11 each way from to ocean drive. Bad experience however, staff were pleasant. Highly priced - not worth the money.
Other trip May 12, 2015
L.J- new york
great experience, rooms and lobby very pleasent smell and clean
Other trip May 12, 2015
Teresa
"It was a good experience"
It was a good experience but the rooms weren't that comfortable
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Great vacation Hotel"
Hotel makes you feel as if you were in a different part of the world. Fun and sweet staff that ensure to accommodate all of your needs and answer all of your questions. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Tosh
"Very costly."
Hotel was very nice. However, parking is a premium. Don't expect anything for free. No coffee, nothing. Also, watch out for the automatic 18% tip on your bill. For the best pizza, visit Visa 01 in South Beach.
Other trip May 7, 2015
Amazing!! I told them I was there for a friends wedding so they upgraded us to a beach front with patio.
Other trip May 7, 2015
The swimming pool was quite nice and there's private access to the beach. Cheap uber ride from South Beach. Rooms are pretty basic but clean.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Very good, good food, good location, friendly staff
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Ernesto
"Horrible"
Hotel was actually shut down. In which case they sent me to a new hotel 5 blocks away where I was separated from a co-worker I needed to travel with because we shared a rental car. Once at the new hotel, Sheraton 4 Points, I got locked in the bathroom of my room and had to demolish the door to escape. Not happy about this booking at all. And no one will ever read this.
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
Sean
"Horrific"
Went to check in, and was told the hotel was closed down by the fire Marshall, two days prior. Don't bother to call your guests to let them know. That would be such a hassle.
2 night trip May 18, 2014
Breakfast buffet should have stayed open later, at least until 11. The continental breakfast was not good for the price and I have never had cold cuts for breakfast. (sorry) Other than that the hotel was great the staf was wonderful and the cleaning staff was absolutely right on the ball thanks.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Nice hotel, close to the beach."
Very nice hotel to stay at. Had a view of the ocean from our room which was a pleasant surprise (hadn't booked an ocean view room). No self-use laundry so couldn't wash our beach/pool clothes and towels. Rooms have air conditioning and a ceiling fan for comfortable room temperature. Shower was very spacious and the room had two basins. Most surrounding restaurants are quite expensive, so ventured down to South Beach for something a bit cheaper (30-40 min walk).
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
Danae
"Very clean but disappointing hotel"
We chose this hotel from the many in Miami, because of our previous excellent experience with the Riu hotel chain. We were therefore very disappointed to find such a basic hotel, with few of the signature luxuries we have come to expect from this hotel chain. On a positive note the hotel was very clean and our room was maintained very well during our stay, although there did not seem to be enough housekeeping staff and it was usually very late in the afternoon before our room was serviced. However, in the public areas the use of bleach was overwhelming, and on one occasion I had to leave the reception area toilets as I was unable to breathe. This overuse of bleach left the hotel smelling more like a hospital than somewhere you would wish to stay. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, but the hotel seems to be more concerned with its regular arrangements with local building contractors and flight crew who stayed at the hotel each day, than with its transient guests. The hotel was in a very noisy area as there was lots of building work going on next door, making for a less than pleasant relaxing experience by the pool which meant we used it just once during our stay. One of the reasons we had chosen this hotel was its location on the beach, but away from the very busy and noisy South Beach area, but had we known about the building work we would have chosen to stay elsewhere. I would rate this hotel as 3* at best.
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
lynn
The hotel was great and the hotel staff was helpful. But the valet service was bad - we had to wait 40 minutes for our car, and when we received it, it was clear it had been used for a night trip down to some fast food joint - the interior was sticky from a soda and the seats were also dirty. I think this nice hotel deserves an update in these service providers
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Close to the beach and nice pool"
The hotel location was ok as the bars and shopping are a good 20 minute walk. The hotel food and beverages are very expensive and they try to charge you for absolutely everything (even storing your baggage) The best thing about the hotel is the pool area the close proximity of the beach which can be entered via the gate located at the back of the pool area. Rooms are very basic and the cleaners tidy the room every day. Be careful when booking the hotel as at present, there is construction work undergoing next door (which is nearly completed). Price was ok compared to other hotels within the vicinity. I would only recommend this hotel if your not going to be in the room a lot
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"There are better Hotels in Miami"
My Family & I are currently staying at the Riu Plaza Miami Beach and the accommodation is an absolute disgrace and I comment again, an absolute disgrace!!!!!! ~ Booked deluxe room! was given room 406 ~ This room is no better than a UK travel lodge ~ Coffee maker has missing parts so will not work ~ AC sounds like a car engine that disturbs sleep ~ Bathroom extraction that will not switch off also sound like a car engine ~ Floor is dirty ~ Shower is dirty ~ Booked an Oceanfront room ~ In any ones view an ocean front room will look at the ocean ~ Wrong!! we have trees in front of the room that stops any format of view ~ Balcony is shared with 3 other rooms ~ Other Guest smoke so we can not use the balcony or leave the door open ~ The worst is the building site next door that is only 10 meters from our room ~ We were woke at 7am by excavation machinery drilling the ground ~ Below our room we have 8 portable toilets for the construction workers ~ Complained to Management and they commented the Hotel is full so nothing can be rectified ~ They also commented that because we booked with Expedia, direct booking Hotel Guests had privileges over Expedia Guests!!! No where on Expedia or Riu Websites does it mention you will stay in a construction site with a view of portable toilets, have an Ocean front room that is blocked by trees or be a second class Guest as you booked via Expedia.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Nice hotel, but..."
Close to beach. Far from Miami Beach main street. No good restaurant close by. Breakfast buffet at $24. Lost of construction around disturbing noice. Room service average, forgot things like coffee.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Lindo Hotel, lastima el excecivo cargo que te cobran por recibir paquetes.
4 night trip with friends Mar 9, 2016
"Muy bueno el hotel"
Buena atencion, serviciales lis empleados.No me gusto q cobren pir el servicio de playa( sombrillss)
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
AR
"gutes Strandhotel in Miami Beach"
Gutes Hotel in Miami Beach, Parken ist leider zu teuer, gutes Frühstück
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
"Hotel agradable"
Habitaciones cómodas, limpias y un excelente bufete.
Other trip Dec 9, 2015
Pablo
MX
"Nicht zu empfehlen"
Leider Befand sich eine Baustelle neben dem Hotel. Es wurde selbst am Sonntag und bis spät in der Nacht gearbeitet. Ein Umzug in ein anderes Zimmer wäre zu kompliziert gewesen. Ich hätte auschecken müssen und dann nach mehreren Stunden wieder einschecken müssen. In der Lobby ging es zu wie auf dem Flughafen. Permanenter Ein- und Ausscheck von Flugcrews.
15 night trip Nov 16, 2015
Andrè
"Top Hotel in Top Lage"
Es war ein sehr schöner Aufenthalt im RIU, wir konnten den Aufenthalt vollumfänglich geniessen. viele Restaurants in gehbarer Nähe
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
CH
"CARGOS DE ALMACENAJE SIN PREVIA NOTIFICACIÓN"
Envíe unos paquetes de compras por internet y cobraron 75 USD por almacenaje, lo cual no avisan en ninguna parte, los cobra al calculo del maletero y sin recibo.
3 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
MX
"Nicht nochmal!!"
Der Check in hat ewig gedauert und das Personal war sehr unkoordiniert und unfreundlich. Das Parken schlägt mit 30 Dollar pro Übernachtung auf, was eine Frechheit ist. Die Zimmer sind sehr hellhörig und man hört jedes Wort und jeden Schritt - Wände scheinen aus sehr dünnem Material zu sein. Poolbereich und Eingangsbereich sind schön. Wir kommen für dieses Geld auf keinen Fall wieder - es gibt für den Preis wirklich bessere Hotels die sich auch um Ihre Gäste kümmern.
4 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
Manuel
DE
"Lindo hotel con acceso a la playa."
Muy buena experiencia gracias.no tuve inconvenientes con la reservación.personal amable ,atento, muy lindas instalaciones para ser un hotel de 3 estrellas.genial el régimen de comidas que ofrece.el desayuno ofrece mucha variedad , bastante completo.
Other trip Nov 28, 2015
AR
Fomos muito bem atendidos , apesar se temos pagos uma habitação superior e quando chegamos não estar mais disponíveis . Nos deram uma carta informando o ocorrido, dizendo que deveríamos procurar o hoteis.,com para sermos ressarcidos da diferença . Estamos no aguardo de tal reembolso .
3 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015